LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does anyone wear breathable tabbed disposables?

Joep

I’m not familiar with the differences with the differences between cloth backed and plastic shells. I wear plastic backed disposables all the time especially the NSC MegaMax. I think I’ve worn breathable Abenas before but they were to small on me. Are the cloth backed quieter and less stinky? I’m in college and I’d like to have quieter diapers for when I wear in my dorm or at the library. If you have any cloth backed recommendations besides NSC air supreme please share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear Betterdry diapers to college everyday and never have had a problem. They are plastic backed. I tried cloth backed ABU pre school ( think that's the name) and thought those would make a good daytime diaper for work/ school

I wear the Seni Super Plus as my daytime diaper. It is a breathable 4-tab diaper with very good barriers. It's not a massive capacity item- I will often use a booster with it if going out for an afternoon. It does a great job of wicking, so it takes quite a while to fill up.

Cloth backed are just as stinky odor absorbers can only do so much ,change more frequently to reduce odor .

Alot of cloth are technically quieter than PE , the major drawback of cloth covered is very few of them do not stay dry on the outside, they frequently transmit wetness to the outside , I have only worn one cloth backed diaper that didn't, they stopped making it and I moved on to actual fabric cloth diapers ,only wearing disposables when traveling ( you can't wash diapers in most public laundromat , I am not packing up and carrying around 9 diapers a day to take home and wash).

So to cut down on noise have you tried change in your pocket , keys on your belt , plastic bag in your pocket ?
99% of people are not aware of any diaper noise because the sounds of everyday life drowned it out ( you are hypersensitive , your ears are specifically "looking" for a certain diaper noise , that you expect to be there) .

You can also try to cut down expected noise by wearing something over them PUL pants work well ,are comfortable and appear as "normal type underwear " versus rubber or plastic pants (i have all kinds of waterproof pants, they all excel in certain situations/ circustances. Things like onesies and body stockings also help with disguise and noise reduction ,however like I say we are hypersensitive to diaper noise and look for it ( if you don't believe me, I guarantee your refrigerator makes noise but because its "normal" you accept it and have tuned it out ! Other people arent looking for diaper noise ,and its been so long since they heard there own as a child , they dont know a diaper noise from a fire truck ( anybody living in a big urban city don't hear all the shouting, swearing, horns etc they tune it out , take that person into the country and they can't sleep because its too quiet , there's nothing for them to tune out.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I wear both plastic backed and cloth backed diapers.  Both work well for me.  Quieter, probably depending on what plastic backed diapers you wear.  Some plastic backed diapers are very quiet while others are noisier.  Cloth backed are quieter in general.  Both will stink when you drop a load in them.

I've tried a couple of samples of those things. Assurance  briefs from HDIS. Hated them. One time, they fell apart and made a big mess.  Another time, they held up but couldn't get them off neatly because it was saturated. Couldn't wrap it up nicely for the trash; just a big soggy mess. I will never try those "things" ever again. Only plastic backing for me!

I think that I'm in the minority that prefer cloth-backed disposables but I did accidentally order a case of PE-backed PlayDayz nappies a few months ago and they aren't too bad.

I bought some MoliCare Slip Super Large nappies on Wednesday.  I think that I may have a bad batch or something because the tapes keep becoming unstuck from the side panels; this has happened with four out of the five that I've worn so far.  The reason that I think it's a bad batch is because nobody else on the internet seems to have mentioned having any problems.  But admittedly it has been over two years since I bought my last pack I believe; if MoliCare have started to cut corners on the assembly line since then that would be very sad because I remember being quite happy with my purchase the previous two times.

I really like Tena Slip Ultima in both the plastic and cloth backed versions. The cloth backed do have some drawbacks but as long as you stretch them well and preferably wear something supportive over them if you're walking around, they're fine. A very comfortable nappy, and less overheating in warm weather than the plastic backed ones.

I think that I'm in the minority that prefer cloth-backed disposables but I did accidentally order a case of PE-backed PlayDayz nappies a few months ago and they aren't too bad.

I bought some MoliCare Slip Super Large nappies on Wednesday.  I think that I may have a bad batch or something because the tapes keep becoming unstuck from the side panels; this has happened with four out of the five that I've worn so far.  The reason that I think it's a bad batch is because nobody else on the internet seems to have mentioned having any problems.  But admittedly it has been over two years since I bought my last pack I believe; if MoliCare have started to cut corners on the assembly line since then that would be very sad because I remember being quite happy with my purchase the previous two times.
My going out disposable is Tranquility ATN not bad for a medical diaper ,however they have zero quality control on there tapes, there are almost guaranteed at least 2 bags in every case with misapplied tapes (already stuck tight to standing leak guards, pop off and don't stick to diaper or the very worst when you open the tape instead of opening it tears off completely ) in all my diaper bags is a knife and roll of packing tape , I absolutely refuse to throw out an unused diaper ,at home I wear cloth on the go disposables switch hitting works ,but knowing how long that diaper will live in a landfill before degrading I cant waste them .packing tape reinforcement when needed is a life saver .

2 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

My going out disposable is Tranquility ATN not bad for a medical diaper ,however they have zero quality control on there tapes, there are almost guaranteed at least 2 bags in every case with misapplied tapes (already stuck tight to standing leak guards, pop off and don't stick to diaper....

That is precisely why I stopped using them (besides that I exceeded its capacity daily). They started cutting out more and more material until they were almost unusable. Then the whole overall quality went down the toilet. I got so frustrated, went on a quest and ended up with Dry 24/7's. Can't say they're perfect; they're not. Lately, I've had two where none of the tapes would stick. Last night, the bottom right tape tore off the diaper leaving a silver dollar sized hole. Surprise! It leaked. Nothing's perfect.

That is precisely why I stopped using them (besides that I exceeded its capacity daily). They started cutting out more and more material until they were almost unusable. Then the whole overall quality went down the toilet. I got so frustrated, went on a quest and ended up with Dry 24/7's. Can't say they're perfect; they're not. Lately, I've had two where none of the tapes would stick. Last night, the bottom right tape tore off the diaper leaving a silver dollar sized hole. Surprise! It leaked. Nothing's perfect.
I hear you ,I guess it gets me by around town so I don't bitch knowing there's nothing better ,however for longer travel I wear NS and I got a bag of those that tapes wouldn't stick period , everybody has there bad days ,and Tranquility happened to have 3 bad days a week on tapes .being there are only 3 companies making tapes ,T could test and reject batches that fail easily if they wanted , there current system sucks ,if you have bad tapes they send you a mailer for two diapers that they test ,if the lab agrees they suck ,they replace the case, so it would be alot cheaper to hire someone for tape inspection , face it i am diapered put in my wheelchair and dont move till change time ,so if tapes dont stick for me , they are worse then bad. T hasn't figured that out yet, I even sent them a picture of me in my harness in my wheelchair ,to show them ,my butt only moves maybe an inch the entire time between changes ,I am completely strapped down in a 10 point harness to a 4" rubber positioning cushion ,so an inch of motion is being extremly generous(it is "dished" to lock my pelvis and hips in position and keep my legs aligned so my legs and feet can be seperately strapped into place )the picture i sent them definately conveys i am not out running track .

7 hours ago, nappylover78 said:

I really like Tena Slip Ultima in both the plastic and cloth backed versions. The cloth backed do have some drawbacks but as long as you stretch them well and preferably wear something supportive over them if you're walking around, they're fine. A very comfortable nappy, and less overheating in warm weather than the plastic backed ones.

I agree with all of that.  I have a few Tena Slip Ultimas left.

6 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

My going out disposable is Tranquility ATN not bad for a medical diaper ,however they have zero quality control on there tapes, there are almost guaranteed at least 2 bags in every case with misapplied tapes (already stuck tight to standing leak guards, pop off and don't stick to diaper or the very worst when you open the tape instead of opening it tears off completely ) in all my diaper bags is a knife and roll of packing tape , I absolutely refuse to throw out an unused diaper ,at home I wear cloth on the go disposables switch hitting works ,but knowing how long that diaper will live in a landfill before degrading I cant waste them .packing tape reinforcement when needed is a life saver .

Yes I was looking for something a bit more discrete as the Tena Slip Ultimas are a bit overkill for a quick stroll to the grocery store and coming straight back home.  After having said that it's probably much more economical to buy higher-absorbency nappies and use fewer every day than to use a higher quantity of more discrete nappies.  Personally I really enjoy regressing to a younger age with my dummies, bottles and blankets as often as I can so obviously having disposable nappy tapes break and having to run and find the parcel tape whilst trying to feel small really ruins the experience.

The only benefit with cloth-like is that they are quieter as I have not found them to be better in hot weather, as there never is hot weather in Norway

Plastic is better for everything else and even the noisiest diapers wont be heard when outside with clothes over them 

I have worn noisy diaper outside and if I can't hear it, then others cant either (Noisy when not wearing anything over it)

On 10/4/2019 at 5:28 PM, ppdude said:

I've tried a couple of samples of those things. Assurance  briefs from HDIS. Hated them. One time, they fell apart and made a big mess.  Another time, they held up but couldn't get them off neatly because it was saturated. Couldn't wrap it up nicely for the trash; just a big soggy mess. I will never try those "things" ever again. Only plastic backing for me!

@ppdude, this is the second reference I've seen for "Assurance" brand being available from HDIS.  Since Assurance is Walmart's in-house brand I was really curious about that so I checked on HDIS' website - do you mean "Reassure"?  If they do sell an "Assurance" branded product, I would be really interested to see if they're different or the same ones that Walmart sells in-house.

I wear Seni Super Plus diapers during the day and Seni Quatro diapers at night. They are both cloth covered and very high quality and relatively easy to conceal. The regular size is between medium and large and it is the best fitting and most comfortable line and size of adult diapers on the market that I have found. I wear diapers 24/7 due to total bladder and bowel incontinence from a ruptured disc in my lower back. I will be in diapers for the rest of my life and hope Seni diapers will be there for me along the way.

I started getting ID expert slips on the NHS they have a plastic backed part in the middle and the wings front and back are just a single layer of cloth feel material they are utter garbage the plastic backing has been splitting right down the bottom making the padding fall out in clumps and if the tapes even slightly hit the cloth part its bye bye nappy. I even complained to the manufacturer who asked me to send them some samples to test and came back and said they were fine, but theres like a score line down the middle where they keep splitting that is a manufacturing defect but they refused to admit it, and the breathable sides are literally heat sealed to the plastic part and often come away.

give me PE backed any day 

Yes, I do wear cloth-backed tabbed disposables sometimes. I wear plastic-backed disposables when I am sick enough I cannot control runny poop. My primary going-to-work diaper is GoodNites Tru-Fit. At home my bedtime diapers are pinned gauze inside pull-on vinyl panties.

My husband has gone urinary incontinent over the past several years. He does not consider himself AB or DL. Except in bed he wears a Target Up & Up Size 7 held in place by a snug Fruit of the Loom cotton brief covered by pull-on vinyl pants. In bed at home he wears pinned gauze covered by pull-on vinyl pants.

• 3 months later...

My experience with breathable backing vs plastic backing... I prefer the plastic backing myself because I feel more secure. I wear Abena L4 and Megamax normally. The other kind (I got Fitright brand) soaked through and was unreliable. I have tried NSC breathable diapers from s sample pack they sent me and I did like them because the wet locked in away from my skin and seemed to form a hard lump between my legs and absorbed well all night without worrying of leaks or soaking through. 

I've been using Abena Abri-Form Premium L4 tabbed disposables for probably several months for overnight use and they're a good trade-off between price and capacity.  I can get a case of 4 bags (12 count per bag) for about 64.00 from Amazon which is $16/bag, 1.33 per diaper.  I most recently bought the plastic version of the L4, the Abena Abri-Form Comfort L4 for $17.28 per bag (I bought two bags for 34.56).

Abena Level 4 diapers (LARGE and maybe MEDIUM) are rated at ISO capacity of 4000ml.  That's saturation capacity though, not practical no-leak capacity.  Some ABDL diapers have ISO ratings of 6000ml but they're usually about $3-4 each, not $1.33 each like the cloth backed Abenas or $1.42-1.44 for the plastic backed.

I wore "cloth" faced ones as my daily wear when I was working (either the Sams Club house brand or the Attends Extra Absorbency).   I wanted the velcro closures more than anything else because I wanted to be able to easily open the diaper when using the toilet at work.    I always thought the Prevail "Breezers" name sounds more like something on an infant product.

Now I just use the NSC supreme lights.   They're easy enough to slide down on the rare times now that I do use the toilet.  They have refastenable tapes but I don't bother.