LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tough being unemployed

I've been unemployed for the last two months. The company I used to work for filed for Chapter 11 and my position was eliminated. Even the higher ups above me were let go. On the upside, I've retooled my online profiles (LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.), spent more time with my family (even though they drive me up the wall sometimes) and even found the courage to work on my ABDL stories. But not having any money is a terrible feeling. I've been doing odd jobs for my elderly parents, who are more than happy to give me money from time to time but it burns my soul to ask them for financial help. 

I've had a few interviews but I have yet to receive any offers. And the wait is not helping my anxiety / depression. I do have a non ABDL story that I've been working on and I'd love to put it up on the Amazon store but it still has a long way to go. It's a science fiction / fantasy adventure tale that I've put my whole heart and soul into. And I'm honestly terrified to sell it. But I'm starting to get to the point that I need some kind of job. 

I just wish I had enough money to afford my own place, live like a toddler and not have to worry about my own future. I feel like I'm standing on thin ice that will break at any moment. All I have left is hope.

Man I really needed to get that off my chest.

I know how frustrating financial issues can be, trust me. As someone who struggles quite a bit myself, I can relate. Asking for help is tough too, not just because you have to ask for help, but because of how they look at you. Oh, they don't say it, but you know they're wondering why you can't get your life together and be successful like (insert random family member)

It can be frustrating and depressing, and at least in my case, leads to self hatred. All I can tell you is to take it one day at a time. Another job will come and this will pass. Just keep hanging on, buddy. 

You can try searching for entry level jobs which are willing to train you to grow within the company. While I know it sucks to work from the bottom, when money starts to get tight and options become limited, you do what you have to.

• 2 months later...
On 10/1/2019 at 12:16 PM, horrorfan said:

You can try searching for entry level jobs which are willing to train you to grow within the company

These days, this may be the best course of action. Any soft-skills, such as written and verbal communication, networking, and just general maturity and common sense will play a big part in how rapidly you progress in a new field or career. Unfortunately, it seems that automation and technology is supplanting so many previously "stable" jobs and careers that there doesn't need to be a "robot uprising" to greatly affect the quality of life for much of humanity, and not in a good way.

I wish you all the best in your search for gainful employment, and salute you for your persistence in the face of hardship, in that you're not giving up, nor giving up hope. You will find something, but don't rule out a change of career, even if it means setting a lifetime's worth of experience aside and starting afresh. Even if it's just temporary whilst you still look for work in your field of expertise, any income is better than no income.

• Like 1