LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What's your definition of incontinence?

I had that question a long time ago and looked it up online. Can't tell you where, but this is the definition I got and go with: ANY involuntary loss of urine. It's not the amount that matters, it's involuntary. So, if you've trained yourself to drip, leak, or "spot", you're incontinent. For many of us, it's more a question of volume. If you work at it long enough and can't stop yourself from peeing when the feeling hits, you're IC. According to my urologist, you can "forget" how to pee. When that happens, you have to be re-potty trained. So, I think many of us are IC whether we realize it or not.

So after that,, can you claim you're bladder IC?

I had that question a long time ago and looked it up online. Can't tell you where, but this is the definition I got and go with: ANY involuntary loss of urine. It's not the amount that matters, it's involuntary. So, if you've trained yourself to drip, leak, or "spot", you're incontinent. For many of us, it's more a question of volume. If you work at it long enough and can't stop yourself from peeing when the feeling hits, you're IC. According to my urologist, you can "forget" how to pee. When that happens, you have to be re-potty trained. So, I think many of us are IC whether we realize it or not.
So after that,, can you claim you're bladder IC?
I can lay faithfull claim to the "three amigos"
Bladder,Bowel,Functional IC

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I remember somewhere that the 'training yourself to be incontinent' is a myth. You can get something 'close' but you can never really train yourself to be really, genuinely incontinent.

Are you sure your urologist wasn't messing with you?

14 hours ago, ppdude said:

I had that question a long time ago and looked it up online. Can't tell you where, but this is the definition I got and go with: ANY involuntary loss of urine. It's not the amount that matters, it's involuntary.

I think that covers it.  I would add that I think the involuntary loss would have to be permanent to call yourself incontinent.  If it only happens when you laugh, sneeze or do heavy lifting and you leak a little but have control otherwise, I wouldn't call that incontinence.  I'd call it light bladder leakage.  Also if your involuntary loss of urine is caused by a medication you took and then you regain your control, I would label it as temporary incontinence.  To me, any permanent loss of bladder, bowel or both constitutes incontinence, even if you may have perfect bladder control but no bowel control (or vice versa).  Amount has nothing to do with it, weather you suddenly gush out a river or just dribble all the time.  It's the absolute lack of control or the inability to hold your urine or bowels that makes you incontinent.

9 hours ago, Kingdark said:

Are you sure your urologist wasn't messing with you?

Yeah. He really said that due to the sphincter I'd forgotten how to pee. He wanted me to pee only in the diaper, not in the toilet. A cut was to be made in the sphincter to help the flow which would make me wetter, but retraining would help to regain some control. Never got the cut. I'm now at the point as though it did happen. Didn't retrain either as circumstance did not allow.