LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Fasting

Does anyone else do fasting? Whether for religious reasons or for health benefits, short or long term. With the whole keto craze and intermittent fasting these days, I'm a big believer in what we put into our bodies can be yummy but terrible for us! I know what you may be thinking, "we need food don't we?"....yes and no. Depending on your body type, you don't need to eat everyday, twice, even three times a day.

Myself, when I'm on a wet (water and essential minerals only) fasting cycle I do 48 hours. Longest I've been is 120 hours. Yes I love food but I do this for a few reasons. The biggest reasons are it's like a "reset" for my digestive system and my inflammation dissapears after two days. I'll go into ketosis. After day two, I start thinking clearer and I have more energy and sleep soo much better too with my snoring virtually gone. Days four and five I have Soo much energy and am incredibly happy....and not just because I'm thinking about what I'm gonna break my fast with.

I know not everyone can physically or mentally do it, it depends on your body type and will power. Of course DON'T attempt anything without consulting your doctor. Do some research on fasting if you are interested in it. I've been diet conscious for almost a year and have done a lot of research but am NOT an expert.  Ask me if you have any questions and I will try to answer it with my experience or opinion.

when-you-cut-sugar-and-carbs-from-your-diet-i-15282577-1.png

i tried when i lived on my own for 6months. i experimented new ways to eat besides the standard 3 meals a day.  i tried 2 meals a day, 1 big one a day, i tried small snacks throughout the day, nothing but fruits and veggies and nuts, tried new foods, but all i was doing was running myself ragged. 

there were days where i just skipped meals, for no good reason other than because i just didnt want to go shopping and had no food in the house.

in short after all my trial and errors, i found what works best for me to keep hunger away all day long was 4 small 300 calorie meals a day and about a liter and a half of water per day, (a mouthfull to a glass with the meal and between the meal) that was the lowest i could go per day while keeping hunger at bay.

it wasnt about how much i could get away with not eating, but rather how to keep hunger at bay for as long as possible, and as cheaply as possible

and in the end i went down from 178lbs to 154 over 6months which i was happy with. (26yr old guy) even eating a diet of mostly mac n cheese, cereal, ramen, bread + sandwhiches, and pasta. anytime i had something healthy, it would replace a full staple carb meal and i went under 1200 that day.

but im still not "healthy" because im not covering all my minerals and amino acids or working out. so i still have flab which is not ok, even though im 23% fat BMI which is on the doctors chart as "normal" and i still look/feel like a truck.

i just cant get behind a "purge" so to speak because even if theres a moment of clarity or purity in the end, which is skeptical, theres still the whole miserable ride.

• 6 months later...

I have done it and I think its very benefecial for your body. Dr Oz actually admitted he also does fasting. He also admitted what I always suspected that 3 meals of day was a scam pushed by the grocery stores to make them richer.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 8:50 AM, Huggybutt said:

Does anyone else do fasting? Whether for religious reasons or for health benefits, short or long term. With the whole keto craze and intermittent fasting these days, I'm a big believer in what we put into our bodies can be yummy but terrible for us! I know what you may be thinking, "we need food don't we?"....yes and no. Depending on your body type, you don't need to eat everyday, twice, even three times a day.

Myself, when I'm on a wet (water and essential minerals only) fasting cycle I do 48 hours. Longest I've been is 120 hours. Yes I love food but I do this for a few reasons. The biggest reasons are it's like a "reset" for my digestive system and my inflammation dissapears after two days. I'll go into ketosis. After day two, I start thinking clearer and I have more energy and sleep soo much better too with my snoring virtually gone. Days four and five I have Soo much energy and am incredibly happy....and not just because I'm thinking about what I'm gonna break my fast with.

I know not everyone can physically or mentally do it, it depends on your body type and will power. Of course DON'T attempt anything without consulting your doctor. Do some research on fasting if you are interested in it. I've been diet conscious for almost a year and have done a lot of research but am NOT an expert.  Ask me if you have any questions and I will try to answer it with my experience or opinion.

when-you-cut-sugar-and-carbs-from-your-diet-i-15282577-1.png

@Huggybutt

I do a modified version of this, because there are days where I do not eat for a full 12-14 hours - and what I will do is drink liquid when that happens.  Why would I do this?  Sometimes, I just don't feel like eating, I may not be HUNGRY, or I may not be feeling well.  Most times though, I try to eat twice a day, and when I get up, I break the fast with as much food as I can get, while trying to be healthy.  The type of fasting I do is "Intermittent fasting."

Take Care,

Brian

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...