LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do Diapers Expire

i noticed on one of my bags of abri form medium X-plus that it has a self life aka an expire date, do diapers really expire and if so what happens to them.? this has really got me wondering.

I have a few bags of the old style Attends with waistband and you can see some discoloration in the wetness indicators. I also find that the tapes lose some of their stickyness.

I always wondered about the wetness indicators on some of the older Attends I have. Never dawned on me that they might have a shelf life.

Some Abri-forms I bought had an alleged expiry date of about 3 years time on them and I think some Tena Slips did too. I'd imagine it's more to do with the condition of the sticky stuff on the tapes than anything else. Think about what happens if you try and use a role of cellotape that's been sat there for years - it dries up and flakes apart.

Some time ago I brought a pack of "old" Tena slips from my usual supplier as they were cheap only to find that the tapes had lost all there stickiness and I had to stick the Nappies on with Sellotape-no big deal as they were very cheap, so yes they do have a shelf life! :badmood:

I like cloth diapers.

But I expect them to expire when they fall to bits or I do.

I'd die happy to out live my cloth diapers, but I doubt that will happen.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

i noticed on one of my bags of abri form medium X-plus that it has a self life aka an expire date, do diapers really expire and if so what happens to them.? this has really got me wondering.

When they expire, they start to smell real nasty..

Here is a story that you can take to heart in matters of expiration dates. Many years ago an employee of a shampoo company was credited with single handedly doubling the sales of their company's shampoo with only one word. That word was in the instructions and the word was "repete". That word came after the instructions about shampooing your hair and rinsing. By adding the word "repete" it caused people to wash their hair again thus doubling the amount of shampoo they used. Now, expiration dates on some items have the same results - getting you to buy more of the company's products. This isn't to say some things like Milk and lunchmeat shouldn't be discarded after the expiration date, but companies know that by putting an expiration date on an item will cause many people to go out and replace that item once the expiration date has passed, thus increasing sales. How would it be for an incontinent person or caregiver to look at a bag of adult diapers, see an expiration date and then be afraid of what might happen if he or she was out somewhere in an old diaper with an expired date! They may think that anything might happen and therefore be afraid to use old diapers. I sure wouldn't want to be out somewhere with an old diaper and have the tapes pop off when I'm around a lot of people. True, the tapes on disposable diapers may lose their adhesion and if the diapers are stored where moisture can get to them, they will not last, but I have never had any problem other than perhaps the tapes not sticking with any old disposable diapers. In fact, I've had problems with tapes not sticking on some brand new bags of disposable diapers!

i had some really old diapers now and then, its like they change colour quite a bit like paper does, and the tapes lose there stickyness as well, and they get really stiff like you put a bottle of glue on them or something

• 2 weeks later...

Well this has never crossed my mind at all. I guess what you can do is to just vaccume pack them and place them in a normal room tempratured dark place.

Guest Sissy  Lil Lucy

well i dunno about our diapies, but i know some little baby ones are 12months from opening not real precise, but then so many thigns say that these days (like shampoo!!!)

Only noticed the other day

huggles

Lucy

Here is a story that you can take to heart in matters of expiration dates. Many years ago an employee of a shampoo company was credited with single handedly doubling the sales of their company's shampoo with only one word. That word was in the instructions and the word was "repete". That word came after the instructions about shampooing your hair and rinsing. By adding the word "repete" it caused people to wash their hair again thus doubling the amount of shampoo they used. Now, expiration dates on some items have the same results - getting you to buy more of the company's products. This isn't to say some things like Milk and lunchmeat shouldn't be discarded after the expiration date, but companies know that by putting an expiration date on an item will cause many people to go out and replace that item once the expiration date has passed, thus increasing sales. How would it be for an incontinent person or caregiver to look at a bag of adult diapers, see an expiration date and then be afraid of what might happen if he or she was out somewhere in an old diaper with an expired date! They may think that anything might happen and therefore be afraid to use old diapers. I sure wouldn't want to be out somewhere with an old diaper and have the tapes pop off when I'm around a lot of people. True, the tapes on disposable diapers may lose their adhesion and if the diapers are stored where moisture can get to them, they will not last, but I have never had any problem other than perhaps the tapes not sticking with any old disposable diapers. In fact, I've had problems with tapes not sticking on some brand new bags of disposable diapers!

The only time I repeat my shampoo is when something REALLY disgusting gets in my hair... like that time I had crack residue in it... Don't ask, it was a long night. I don't do crack.