LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Often do You Change Plastic Pants?

DAQ

I use a wire hanger that's been modified in exactly that way so I can hang the panties upside down. I give them a shake first, and make sure that there aren't any places that'll trap water. I hang it from the shower caddy in the shower I'm not using so that the drips will happen in the bathtub.

As far as how often I wash my plastic panties, since I wear them next to my skin it's easiest just to wear the ones I've slept in into the shower. After I've washed the rest of me I take them off, hold them upside down directly in the shower spray to make sure that the elastics get a good rinse. Then I transfer them to the wire hanger in the other shower as soon as I've dried off.
Depending on when I take my shower - which can be as late as 1 or 2pm - the pants may not be dry the next morning, so I have a jury-rig solution. In that case there are usually just a few drops of water left, and I have a yardstick that has one end under some clothes on the top shelf of the closet and the other end extending out over the clothes hamper that can be used for final drying.
Most companies warn against using metal hangers for plastic pants ,you might want to get plastic hangar .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Cruiser 03 said:

Most companies warn against using metal hangers for plastic pants ,you might want to get plastic hangar .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Why run the risk of poking a hole in the panties with the thin mettal part and plastic hangers are much easier to slice through. I have about ahald dozen or so and could use more sometimes and plastic hangers can be gotten dirt cheap most anywhere, like thrift stores

First, all my plastic hangers were in use.

Second, the steel hanger I used is made of quite stiff wire, which has not shown any tendency to rust in several years of daily use.

Third, of course I removed the sharp edges from the cut end with a file...and I do have to be more than half awake when I slide a wet panty onto the hanger.

On 10/6/2019 at 12:38 PM, Little Christine said:

We had the topic of cleaning rubber panties sometime back and dish detergent was recommended against, although I do not see any harm in uasing a very mild solution. Here is my blog on using Poalmolive Pure + Free (clear, unscented) for ABLG clealning, grooming etc. I guess you could use it to clean rubber panties as well. It is what I use for a bubble bath. With tha addition of Drft Blissfuls it has that baby/little girl smell that you will just love burstingly

Each of us might have different experiences. I don't contribute here to argue. I share what works for me.

When my mother, Alice, was born in 1937 her mom, my Granny Vi, needed to wash her baby's PlayTex baby panties. Granny says most of the time she only used warm water. By the time of Pearl Harbor Alice had three younger sisters, one a newborn and another not yet toilet trained. Granny Vi washed a lot of PlayTex panties. Then in early 1942 war rationing of rubber products caused PlayTex panties to go out of production.

At some point during WWII vinyl baby pants were invented. Granny needed those for use with 'just-in-case' diapers for her daughters and because she is incontinent for her own diapers. When Palmolive came along Granny began to use it along with warm water to wash vinyl panties. She does not remember who recommended a drop of Palmolive. It does not matter because our family has washed thousands of vinyl panties this way for decades.

I've never even seen a PlayTex panty. I make no recommendation about the care of actual rubber pants. A drop of Palmolive in warm water works for us. Your milage may vary.

I read an article somewhere on the history of rubber panties that said, albeit a bit vaguely, that vinyl was first used during the war as you say but that the original panties were home made

What was said in the post about nat using dish detergent was that it was oil-based and would harden the material. I used it on panties for years and it depended, apparently on how thick the material was. Comco material would outlast the elastics, lasting quite a few years and the Gary shap-ons I have had for over 2 years are doing fine. I have seen some materials that harden at the drop of a hat but that was ages ago. So I guess you pays yer money and takes yer chances as far as that goes. Dreft and Ivory Snow and Ivory Flakes (no longer made?) have been the go-to cleaners for baby things as long as I have been around and I have used liquid Dreft and that was all right, too

Modern detergents work at the molecular level using "surfactent"s short for "surface acting agents". These have a finny kind of molecule. One end is  "hydrophilic" and the other is "hydrophobic". The first is attracted to water. The second anything but. So what halppens is the second latches onto any dirt or contaminant that is on what is being washed, so it is satisfied and the hydrophilic end pulls it into the water. IIRC Dreft was the first synthetic detergent, coming out in c1933

Since I bathe after using, my panties are washed with me in the same bubble bath, rinsed and sprayed with a mix of Dreft Blissfuls and water so they have a baby fresh smell when they are put on the hanger to dry

On 10/14/2019 at 12:02 PM, Angela Bauer said:

Each of us might have different experiences. I don't contribute here to argue. I share what works for me.

Your posts are always welocme by me. I find the educational and enlightening

No matter what kind of elastics are used on the panties, someone will complain, in the 1960's and 70's I saw some baby panties the elastics of which were made of pieces of rubber that were doubled over the waist part of the panties and sewn in place

• 3 weeks later...

I try to wash mine in warm water with liquid hand soap with aloe vera that seems to keep them soft. As others have said urine and poop hardens the plastic so the quicker you clean them the better. I slide the leg and waist elastics through my fingers to remove any skin oils. After washing I don’t rinse them but just hang them on the shower head and let them dry.