LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rearz Omutsu cloth diapers

canuckistan.who

Hello,

Has anyone tried the Rearz Omutsu cloth diapers? I love their Inspires, but I really don't like making so much garbage. So I've been strongly leaning towards cloth instead. I've got zero experience with cloth though, so I'm not sure what's good, what isn't or what to look for.

https://rearz.ca/omutsu-bulky-nighttime-cloth-diaper/

I'm planning to use these for the covers;

https://rearz.ca/waterproof-flannel-pant-diaper-cover/

Thanks for any insight!

I received a free set of training pants from Rearz when I ordered some onsies recently. They were pretty thick, but they absorbed very little. I tossed them after two uses. I suspect that these "bulky" diapers are using that same poly foam material as the trainers. IMO, don't waste your money.

If you really want some good (absorbent) cloth diapers, you should look at LeakMaster or Changing Times. These will be far more absorbent initially, and they grow more absorbent with each washing cycle (for the first 5-7 washes). You will need diaper pins with these, but that is not a big deal. Every adult cloth diaper site has large pins for sale. 

You will also need waterproof panties as well. My preference is PUL (Poly Urethane Laminate), but others prefer vinyl. You will want to try both. Get yourself a size that is at least one size bigger than you think is right. You will end up eventually settling on something two sizes bigger than what you think is right, but we all have to go through that. At that point, you will stop having leaks. If you need diapers for night time or wheel chair use, you should consider the "high waist" option, as these are usually about 2 inches taller and will fit you much better for those scenarios.

I haven't tried these, but they look worth trying to me, if you're looking for cloth nappies.  From what I can see on the website they look similar to the Snuggleblanks nappies I wear (UK-made).  They are mainly cotton, so should absorb well, and the design is pretty good at avoiding leaks, providing you don't buy too large.  The velcro looks too narrow to me, so you may need to add some more - the Snuggleblanks nappies have a much wider section of velcro, and are bombproof.  I'd buy some cotton or bamboo soakers as well, particularly if you're planning to wear them overnight.  No idea why they've given them an inner layer of man-made fibre with chemicals in it though.  Cotton's fine on its own.

If they're as thick as the Snuggleblanks nappies they'll take quite a lot of drying, by the way.

On 9/11/2019 at 7:53 PM, WetDad said:

I received a free set of training pants from Rearz when I ordered some onsies recently. They were pretty thick, but they absorbed very little. I tossed them after two uses. I suspect that these "bulky" diapers are using that same poly foam material as the trainers. IMO, don't waste your money.

Those are designed to be used with plastic pants but Rearz did not make that clear.  

8 hours ago, abdldan2 said:

One word, Dependeco.  

www.dependeco.com

:baby-wants-milk-smiley-emoticon:

I've been impressed with them.  All of their diapers are made in the US too.  

• 1 month later...

I'm interested in this as well, for the same reasons as Canuckistan.who….

Anybody else have reviews of Dependeco?  http://dependeco-adult-diapers.com/

I like the sound of the AIO, all in ones. I'd really like to avoid plastic pants. I'm mostly wearing for fun, casually, and don't wet overnight. 

Any personal experience or input to compare/contrast the flannel vs cotton vs PUL??  Is it just the feel of the material? Any functional differences?

Just a few tips. Fat bulky cloth diapers are fun, but they are hard to launder. Thick heavy cloth diapers, soak up loads of wash water, and don’t allow easy passing of the water through them. This means longer wash time, and you have to limit wash load size, but you still need to set the washer on large load. That uses more water, and detergent. Furthermore, once they are thoroughly washed, now you have to get them dry. This also means, longer times in the dryer, or hung up to dry. 
You would do better to, just get thinner cloth diapers, and use several folded inside. The thinner diapers, will launder easier and quicker. 
You can still bulk up with lots of cloth, but still have and easier laundry time. 
 Now, for the all in one diapers. They can work fine for a time, but they will fail all to soon. Usually, the outer waterproof part will fail, long before the diaper’s cloth does. You would be better off, with plain cloth diapers, covered with separate plastic pants, or similar. That way, the cloth diapers go in the wash, and the pants can be either washed by hand, ( in the sink), or they can go in low heat wash. 
Hope that can be helpful. 

Thw things

1. Training panties are not supposed to be highly absorbant because part of what they are to do is let the toddler know that she is wet and it is time to potty, They are not meant to hold a lot, only small "accidents" and things like that

2. They did not say what the "Soft Waterproof lining" material is. If it is plastic then it will be a nightmare to care as the two materials have very different air-drying times, stright-out rubber panties dry very quickly while flannel will take ages, and you will not be able to put them in the dryer, which would be fine if they were only flannel. This is one of the main faults with th AIO. If you are in diapers, then an unlined panty is what you want unless the diaper is insufficient, in which case you double-diaper (that and even triple-diapering was a common night-time practice in the age of cloth) or get new diapers. Panties with an absorbant liner only make sense with throw-away diapers because those are prone to side leackage. I do not have a single pair of lined panties: Why do you think that is?

Full contour diapers are not that good as, compared to the flats they sacrifiec material for shapeliness and flats pin at the side with a good deal of material left over  to cover the sides and prevent leaks. Also the countours ofthe had leg and waist elastics. These deteriorate over time if washed in hot water

I am in a semi-contour but it is pretty wide at the sides and the crotch and is made to be size-adjustable, since they were originally made for a bedwetter and were meant to serve for many years and they were still in use 4 years after they were made. Her mother made them for her when she was 5 and they were still being used when she was 9. Now, granted, this was in the early to mid 1950's but the ones I use now, I have had for 10 years and with a special liner, I can go for 16 hours without a change and comfortably for 12. Also I avoid "sockers", being multiple layers of material, they keep the wet nest to the between-the-legs area much longer. Wet is made of nasty things and can burn that area  so you want it out of there as soon as possible. It is beeter to use thicker diapers like say 3 full layers of material than a say, a 2x4x2 prefold. It holds just as much and it wicks it away from the sensitive croch much faster (as part of an adult diaper, the soakers of the profolds used are insignificant)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2019 at 7:53 PM, WetDad said:

If you really want some good (absorbent) cloth diapers, you should look at LeakMaster or Changing Times. These will be far more absorbent initially, and they grow more absorbent with each washing cycle (for the first 5-7 washes). You will need diaper pins with these, but that is not a big deal. Every adult cloth diaper site has large pins for sale. 

You will also need waterproof panties as well. My preference is PUL (Poly Urethane Laminate), but others prefer vinyl. You will want to try both. Get yourself a size that is at least one size bigger than you think is right. You will end up eventually settling on something two sizes bigger than what you think is right, but we all have to go through that. At that point, you will stop having leaks. If you need diapers for night time or wheel chair use, you should consider the "high waist" option, as these are usually about 2 inches taller and will fit you much better for those scenarios.

That's because the training pants aren't meant to be highly absorbent. They're only meant to contain small accidents, not full-on wettings. The Omutsu line might be different. 

On 9/11/2019 at 4:18 PM, canuckistan.who said:

Hello,

Has anyone tried the Rearz Omutsu cloth diapers? I love their Inspires, but I really don't like making so much garbage. So I've been strongly leaning towards cloth instead. I've got zero experience with cloth though, so I'm not sure what's good, what isn't or what to look for.

https://rearz.ca/omutsu-bulky-nighttime-cloth-diaper/

I'm planning to use these for the covers;

https://rearz.ca/waterproof-flannel-pant-diaper-cover/

Thanks for any insight!

I haven't tried the Omutsu diapers myself. However, overly bulky diapers can be a pain to wash. Your best bet would be this diaper right here: https://rearz.ca/adult-nighttime-prefold-diaper/ Or you could get it through this site if you'd rather buy it through a US outlet: https://cooshietooshiez.com/adult-nighttime-prefold-diaper/ It's not as bulky as the Omutsu line, but it's still very thick and absorbs well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...