LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Moving tips?

I recently moved from Oregon to Nevada, but also travelled for a month before settling in Nevada.  

The best thing I did was rent a POD.  Went through my stuff, got rid of stuff I really didn't need or that could be replaced.  Packed up the POD and let the POD people deal with the rest.  Was such an easy and stress-free move.  Selling my house and getting that closed was more stressful than the move.

From experience, keep track of your "stash", especially if you have others helping you move. Oh also I have lots of free empty boxes if you need some, local pick-up only ?

Never take any of the manifests for granted.   We had moves lose a large piece of furniture.   I have no idea how it happened.   I watched them load the truck.     But when I got there and they were unloading it, we couldn't find it.

If you have valuable stuff, make sure you understand the insurance you have.    The default is to pay you pennies per pound on things (whether or not they asked you about excess valuation).

As pointed out, this is a good time to get rid of stuff.   Everything you throw out now reduces your stress, moving costs, and junk in your new home.

Make sure you have understand the payment arrangements.   It's lightened up now but interstate moves in the past wanted cash or certified funds of some sort.

Like others have said getting rid of stuff is important. I've moved a few times and one time I ended up having way too many diapers before it was time to move. I didn't want to throw any away so I had to take extreme measures from keeping them away from family/friends helping me move. My advice... let the stash run out before its time to move and then order more when you get to your new place. 

On 9/9/2019 at 5:48 PM, littleTomás said:

Get rid of stuff. You'd be amazed at how much junk you can keep in an apartment let alone a whole house.

@Neversaynopanda you should consider donating your extra stuff or selling it to a thrift store.  It's less wasteful and you'd get some money for it.

Hi Neversaynopanda,

Depending on how much money you're wanting to spend or save, figure out how much it will cost for you to move your things via renting a Uhaul or Penske truck, hiring a commercial moving company such as United Van Lines or some other commercial moving company or renting a Pod. 

As many others have already stated, go thru all your belongings and get rid of stuff before you move.

Pay for insurance to protect your things is a wise move. No pun intended...

If you decide to rent a Uhaul or a Pod you have the option of packing and unpacking the truck/Pod yourself or hiring a small professional team to pack and unpack the truck/Pod for you.

Good Luck!

Penry

I almost forgot.

Label all of your boxes, and write the label on more than one side of the box.

Penry