LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do internal deodorizers really work?

Hi.. Do internal deodorizers, like Nullo, really work? If so, which are the best to use and how often do you take them? I would really like to get into 24/7 diapers. I occasionally break down and use the potty for messing, but a major hurdle is the smell. 

3 hours ago, sweetlilone said:

Hi.. Do internal deodorizers, like Nullo, really work? If so, which are the best to use and how often do you take them? I would really like to get into 24/7 diapers. I occasionally break down and use the potty for messing, but a major hurdle is the smell. 

My wife swears by them.  I will say she ALWAYS knows when she is changing my diaper if I have been taking my Nullo pills or not.

When I am actively taking Nullo pills I take them twice a day.  The results are not instant, it generally takes about a week of taking the pills regularly for your bodily smell to be reduced.

I think the best way to answer it for me is.... Yes, they work. But they are not miracle pills. I have found that when my diet sucks they don't help as nearly as much. Take them less consistently and they don't help as much. They will not make sunshine and rainbows come out of your ass but they take the smell from like a 9 or 10 to like a 2 or 3 in my experience.

For my they don't work at all.

I took nullo in high and normal dose but it didn't reduce the smell, but did constipate.

Pure chlorophylline changed the stool colour to green and only mildly reduced the odour, but by far not enough. 

• 2 months later...

In a word yes and no.... nullo / activated charcoal etc work by encasing the bacteria that create the smell... however, it is not instant and with a poor diet, the bacteria count can increase higher than the activated charcoal can handle. It is all about balance.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda/Sorta. They don’t eliminate odor, but they do lessen it to a degree. Tour diet and body chemistry will determine how much. 

I found that they also changed the consistency of my stool, almost like being constipated.

15 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

I found that they also changed the consistency of my stool, almost like being constipated.

With nullo I had that exact same side effect. This is caused by the copper complex. Regular chlorophillin tablets (not to be confused with chlorophyl tablets which are also green) do not cause constipation and turn your stool green instead of dark, but they also reduce the odor very limited just like nullo did with me.

16 hours ago, kincaid said:

With nullo I had that exact same side effect. This is caused by the copper complex. Regular chlorophillin tablets (not to be confused with chlorophyl tablets which are also green) do not cause constipation and turn your stool green instead of dark, but they also reduce the odor very limited just like nullo did with me.

Oh that's interesting.  I've been taking chlorophyll tablets.  I don't habitually mess diapers but I'd been told that pee smells could also be muted this way.  Have I been wasting my time here?

https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/67492/Swisse-High-Strength-Chlorophyll-1000mg-200-Tablets

Wasting my time/money?

11 hours ago, oznl said:

Oh that's interesting.  I've been taking chlorophyll tablets.  I don't habitually mess diapers but I'd been told that pee smells could also be muted this way.  Have I been wasting my time here?

https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/67492/Swisse-High-Strength-Chlorophyll-1000mg-200-Tablets

Wasting my time/money?

yeah, don't waste your money on that, chlorophyll is not the same as chlorophylline and does very little besides coloring your stools green.

Get something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-Chlorophyllin-Vegetarian-Capsules/dp/B00B0YHWPG

Everybody,

The aroma from pee / poop is not from the item itself, but from the bacteria feeding on same.

A clean, freshly wet diaper does not smell as urine itself is sterile and does not smell. The smell is created from the bacteria feeding on the urea and releasing ammonia.

A soiled diaper does smell due to bacteria feeding on the poop. This bacteria feeds on poop within your bowels also.

Excerpt - "Charcoal is used to treat stomach pain caused by excess gas, diarrhea, or indigestion. Charcoal also is used to relieve itching related to kidney dialysis treatment and to treat poisoning or drug overdose."

How it works: Charcoal encapsulates active bacteria. It also creates a barrier between two or more active ingredients to reduce / stop chemical reaction without catalyst.

As a result, charcoal, WILL act as an internal deodorizers. HOWEVER, it has one side effect, as do most internal deodorizers.... it can create constipation as it reduces the water content within the bowels. The simple cure for that symptom is fish oil.

I am both bladder & bowel incontinent. Personally, I take 1000mg cod liver oil capsules and 500mg activated charcoal capsules per day in tablet form. This ensures that I do not smell even if I have a wet & messy diaper.