LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Best Ever Daycore Band Out of Desote; Teaser

Hi all, I'm trying to make a return writing fiction but I have some health issues that are causing me a bit more trouble than when I wrote as JenAndTonic. Anyway, just wanted to toss this bit out, just wanting to test the waters for a story before I commit since my health is sort of at a premium at the moment. So yeah, wanting to give everyone a prologue and hoping it takes off so I can write the rest. 

The Best Ever Daycore Band Out of DeSoto

“WE ARE ROCKERBYE AND WE'RE HERE TO PLAY MUSIC, MAKE YOU DANCE AND STUFF!” Zoe belted onto the mic in front of a crowd she could hardly see do to the house lighting at the Pageant. “ONE, TWO, THREE, OI!” She belted into the ether and the crowd came alive as she tore into her guitar, her new bassist and drummer Beth didn't take long to kick in. The music was raw and loud, totally untrained or unconstrained. Despite the hours Zoe and Beth spent in band class, they still preserved an atonal punk vibe that refused to be restricted to one style, let alone one key.

“Hush little baby don't say a word,” Zoe roared into the mic, “ Momma's gonna buy you a mockingbird, and if that mockingbird won't sing, till we can marry here's a promise ring.” Zoe shouted her lyrics into the mic but across the Pagent her eyes made contact with her. Charli was a tiny girl of Mexican-Ameridnian background and she stood there locking eyes briefly with her former bandmate. Charli was wearing a pretty, pink pinafore dress that would be out of place for any show at the venue beside a Kindycore one. Zoe stood on stage singing her heart out, in a Disney Princess shirt with a prohibitively short skirt showing off the Pull-Up underneath that thanks to the heat to the flood lights, no longer had all of it's stars.

Zoe blew a kiss and didn't know if Charli caught it, she was in the moment. This was Rockerbye's moment. The chance to make history, to rewrite Kindycore along our own lines.

*Insert ad for Blue Apron*

Hi, I'm Zoe Galloway. Ten years ago I was this kid. I strummed thatt guitar like no tomorrow, and like for so many others, getting a girl was part of it. The Midwest in the late 00's was a hotpot of varrying punk scenes and Kindycore was among the strangest and yet the most enduring. In fact, the recent output of singers like Melanie Martinez and Miley Cyrus seem to cement the impact of Kindycore even if if it was short lived. Kindycore was a thing. For a beautiful few years, it was hard to go into Hot Topic and not find among the punk and rock merch things that looked like they belonged for kids. Toys, costume jewelry and makeup,ribbons, bows, the works. The early 10's were such a weird and wonderful time to be alive.

I'm going to be taking you through a multipart series here on Punk History. I'm grateful for the Odcast network for letting me speak with you today. I may be a journalist, but returning to my roots will be something awesome I want to share with you. I'll be taking you through dressing cute the first time, buying my first guitar, my first wet pull-up, wetting the bed for the first time, writing music, making friends, slumber parties, play dates, all the way up until our first and only show.

Please, join me in taking a look at a maligned subculture. Join me for, The Best Ever Daycore Band Out of Desoto.

*Inert ad for another podcast*

Only, the the All Things Odcast Network. XOXO Ya'll.”

*Insert ad for Zip Recruiter*

• Like 2

This is a great start. Interesting idea with decent execution. There were a couple spelling errors and grammar could use some work, and the non-structured storytelling makes it a little hard to get into. Still very cool, and I'm looking forward to more.

38 minutes ago, thedman said:

Please use some form.of spelling and grammar check, that was painful

Bud, take it easy, pretty new poster alert. Your sentiment is correct, there are a few errors. However, there are multiple ways to say things, use honeyed words.  

• 3 weeks later...