LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What's your favorite Baby powder?

Mindylou

I'm sorry if this topic was posted previously, just wondering what your favorite, or not so favorite, baby powder is? And where did you get it? Since I'm a newbie on here and in abDL, I just wanted to share that I have never bought baby powder before now (a couple weeks ago) and I got the Equate Baby lavender and chamomile powder with cornstarch. At Walmart. The smell is so comforting and I love wearing it in my diaper. My daddy loves the smell too ?

Same as above; J&J Baby Powder, a Classic.  I’ve tried their others including the corn starch lavender and I always go back to the classic Talc.  The fragrance is probably the biggest reason, it is what I grew up with and the fragrance says “baby & diapers”.

joey

i will say I ONLY use j&j  baby powder I will go without if I don't have it. I have been fearing the worst for j&j over all the talc law suites.  I have even been stocking up for the last few years because i fear they might stop making it all together. I currently have 36 of the large containers in storage. If the D.E.A. ever busted my door down they are going to think I am cutting drugs. lol

As a female you should stay clear of any powder that has talc in it.  It has been known and is causing woman to have ovarian cancer. J&J are in a huge lawsuit over this 

I don't usually use J&J but have used talc powder since mid teens and in 2015 was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.  I honestly don't know if that is what caused it, but I often wonder.

You could use the cornstarch based, on your vag area, and the talc elsewhere for effect. 

@diaperwearntigger Sorry to hear that. I don’t know if I should say, I hope it wasn’t the j&j talc, cause I don’t know if it really matters what did it. It just is not a good thing. My wife has recently, gone through almost the same. But, I don’t think she has ever used talc. Wish the best for you!

AbabeBill, thank you!  

I think at the beginning of my usage I used J&J then moved to equate brand.  Thankfully I'm all good they were able to get all the cancer although I don't have my lady parts but I'm okay with that.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I hope things work out for her as well.

22 minutes ago, diaperwearntigger said:

AbabeBill, thank you!  

I think at the beginning of my usage I used J&J then moved to equate brand.  Thankfully I'm all good they were able to get all the cancer although I don't have my lady parts but I'm okay with that.

I’m glad things were ok, and now you are clear. 

My wife had good results too. But for the same, in loosing some lady parts. 

@diaperwearntigger and @AbabeBill, i'm sorry for the diagnosis and i hope everything goes/went well for all. 

for me, i like the j&j aloe and vitamin E, with the blue label, 100% cornstarch. it just smells nice, light, fresh and clean to me. plus with the aloe and E it should help the skin be healthy after and during diapering.

i recently tried their "baby" powder, i don't recall the specific name, but it has a pink label, also cornstarch, and smells more flowery and sweet, more feminine, is the best way i can describe it. it definitely smells nice, but it is a more intense smell than what i want. 

because of the same concerns, and her own opinion/tastes, my g/f told me she doesn't care for the smell of baby powder in general. plus she has the same concerns about talc and her health, the possibility of transfer and it getting *ahem* right up in there. so in doing some research, i've found that alot of people on the web are using just straight-up cornstarch from the super market in lieu of other options. no dyes, no fragrances, no additives of any kind that could irritate or anything. just something neat i found that i wanted to share.

I am DL and not AB and I don't use any powder.  I don't wear 24/7 and just for about 3 hours in the early morning but there have been rare times after I shower, weather I put on a diaper or dress normally, that some powder has made me feel dryer in that area.  No matter how dry you dry yourself with a towel after a shower or bath, sometimes that area still has a damp or clammy feeling to it.  If J&J or any other manufacturer made a safe talc powder that was unscented, I'd probably use it more.  Maybe they do, I either can't find it or haven't looked hard enough for it.  I just don't want to go around smelling like baby powder, even though most members here would probably love it!

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but besides talc power being bad for the lady parts I also heard its not great to get talc powder up the rectum either... that being said my wife buys me the Johnsons baby powder made with cornstarch but it also has aloe and vitamin E. It smells great, keeps my skin nice and dry...until I pee lol. The trick is with baby powder not to add too much because it just turns to paste when you pee. I find what works best is when I unfold the diaper and lay it out onto the bed I just sprinkle a little bit all over the diaper before diapering up. 

On 9/5/2019 at 8:50 AM, Mindylou said:

I'm sorry if this topic was posted previously, just wondering what your favorite, or not so favorite, baby powder is? And where did you get it? Since I'm a newbie on here and in abDL, I just wanted to share that I have never bought baby powder before now (a couple weeks ago) and I got the Equate Baby lavender and chamomile powder with cornstarch. At Walmart. The smell is so comforting and I love wearing it in my diaper. My daddy loves the smell too ?

J&J classic is the only one I buy.  Smells right and feels smooth (cornstarch is coarse).

On 9/5/2019 at 5:45 PM, diaperwearntigger said:

As a female you should stay clear of any powder that has talc in it.  It has been known and is causing woman to have ovarian cancer. J&J are in a huge lawsuit over this 

I saw a new law firm commercial the other day that tried to elaborate on the J&J talc issue stating that for years, J&J knew there was minute bits of asbestos contamination in their talcum powder which caused cancer in some women.

Really?  Was it asbestos in talc that was the real carcinogen, rather than the actual mineral which makes up the talc?  If so, does that mean that pure talcum powder without the asbestos contaminants would be safe for women to use?

58 minutes ago, BabyJune said:

I use Johnson's Baby Powder. It now contains corn starch instead of talc.

There are the classic and cornstarch varieties.  J&J makes both.

• 3 weeks later...

Johnson's Original with the pink on the front. I tried conrstarch but it felt unnatural and the scent was wrong. I am fed up with lavender scent; it is overused and smells like a public restroom and the regular powder smells like a pamper, I do use the regular for non-little girl purposes. Get all of these at Rit-Aid

On 9/5/2019 at 9:00 PM, diaperwearntigger said:

AbabeBill, thank you!  

Happy that you are doing well now.?

• 3 weeks later...