LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thoughts on boosters

I want to start a thread about boosters so we can share our experiences and how they have been useful.

Obviously boosters are intended to increase the absorbency of the diaper.

But boosters can be more than that.

1. I have started wearing boosters with the megamax so that I can  change the booster every 3-4 hours and keep the same megamax on for longer periods of time. The purpose of this is for skin health while still wearing a megamax for a longer period of time. One day I changed the booster 2 times and wore the megamax for 12 hours. Normally my skin gets irritated after 8-10 hours.

2. I have read that you can place the booster on the side of the diaper for side sleepers

Lets hear what other people have to say about boosters

Personally I don't like the posters that I have tried.. I really like to take the Huggies 5-6 little movers, or nighttime, Pampers I think it the squaddlers,,, and just take the tabs, fold back attach them behind the diaper, fold it under, then the Huggies have the small velcro on the front they will help hold it in place, I just place it in the front of my diaper what ever kind I have done  a lot of experiments , and just carefully take the velcro lose from the front when it weighs a few pounds and toss it replace, the larger diaper will catch the overflow, and you can do this over and over, enjoy.

3 hours ago, foreverdl said:

Personally I don't like the posters that I have tried.. I really like to take the Huggies 5-6 little movers, or nighttime, Pampers I think it the squaddlers,,, and just take the tabs, fold back attach them behind the diaper, fold it under, then the Huggies have the small velcro on the front they will help hold it in place, I just place it in the front of my diaper what ever kind I have done  a lot of experiments , and just carefully take the velcro lose from the front when it weighs a few pounds and toss it replace, the larger diaper will catch the overflow, and you can do this over and over, enjoy.

Very interesting and worth a try! I'm a side sleeper too for the most part. 

I liked the "Diaper Doublers" I used to get at Babies-R-Us before they went out of business.  They were designed for baby diapers but I found them to work well in adult diapers.  Thin, comfortable and not super long.  I remember when Depend came out with their inserts called "Boost".  I didn't like them because they were hard and thick and pinched my nuts.  I still use a booster now and then when I can find some, but I would rather spend that same amount on diapers than boosters.  If the cost was lower, I'd buy them more.  Once I was at a Dollar General store and they had size 6 baby diapers, their generic brand on close out for $4 a package.  i bought them and used them as a booster in my adult diaper.  My God, they held so much!  They absorbed more than my actual adult diaper!  Maybe it;s because the small size allowed it to be totally soaked from front to back as an insert.  Likewise, it worked well enough so if I wanted to, I could pull down my diaper, remove the baby diaper insert and then put in a fresh one.  I wouldn't use it by itself in regular cotton underwear as a pad, but in an adult diaper?  Works perfect as an incontinence pad that absorbs like a diaper and can be swapped out for a fresh one without worrying that if it leaks your underwear will get wet.  If it does leak out a little inside a diaper as an insert, then the regular adult diaper will catch it.  Yes, since most of my diapers are store brands I get at Goodwill, boosters do help to extend their life between changes.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

I use a booster all the time. NorthShore maximum absorbency are my preference. About 20 dollars for a pack of 30. These really extend the life of a diaper between changes. Sometimes, too, I'll double up like when a diaper change is tricky (airplane bathrooms, for example) or when there is just no time for a proper change. Love boosters. Can't recommend enough. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've tried many makes of pre-made boosters and end up leaking / disapointed. They don't seem to be able to absorb quickly enough and ends up leaking over the sides of the diaper. Also, overnight usage is poor. Many a time I have woken up in the middle of the night cold since the boosters tend to weep wetness back on to the skin. When I have changed, I notice that the wetness has not spread into the booster and/or into the main diaper.

What I have found useful is Pampers in the plus sizes, i.e. 4+ 5+ or 6+. For me, the 5+ is the most useful, but each need a little bit of surgery before use to be really useful. The reason to use the + sizes as these are the ones with extra absorbency = more SAP AND usually a lot thiner.

Tear along the length of the diaper, the tabs, the paper bit at the front and the elastic. It is better to start from the back. Sometimes, the leg elastic is left, and you have to tear it out. If you are aware of the purple band on the back of the diaper that has the logo 'BabyDry', you need to tear in as far as the edge of this band. Next, tear out the liner leg gathers. Use your nail to catch the elastic, and it will tear out at the micro holes that are in the leg gathers. Be careful as you get to the ends of the leg gathers that you don't tear the actual diaper pad. You will make that mistake once as it allows the SAP, when wet, to stick on your skin. The diaper will lay flat now. Turn the diaper face down, and carefully, from the front of the nappy, remove the velcro landing zone including the cloth-like cover to the diaper. As you pull the landing zone, you will see the cloth-like cover coming leaving the plastic backing behind. That is intentional. Sometimes, the plastic backing will tear down the length of the diaper. If it doesn't, you need to create small holes for the diaper to leak into your main diaper. I use a blade and make the holes the size of the blade tip. If you slice the diaper in large chunks, you allow the SAP to escape and the diaper will not bulk up. By changing the amount oh holes in the rear plastic, changes the way this booster behaves. Too large a slot(s), and it will not bulk up - also SAP will escape into the main diaper, and may get all over the place during changing. Too small a slot(s), and the diaper will bulk up before it has the chance to seep into the main diaper. Also, it may fail to keep the SAP in as it expands. Pampers diapers will keep expands (by the addition of urine/water) until it explodes due to the quantity of SAP within. You need to ensure that some of the urine/water gets into your main diaper.   

Now use length ways in a adult diaper. If you want extra absorbency - i.e. for overnight use, use two, one at the front and the other at the back.

Not only will it absorb and not leak, it will bulk up as it gets wet. It is a strange feeling, not feeling wet and also, the bulking up occurs slowly.

Now, using a pamper diaper prepared as indicated, one can easily go into a public bathroom, remove the wet insert (Pamper) and insert the fresh folded one from your pocket, as a folded pamper is a lot smaller than a folded commercial booster. Also, disposable of a wet pamper in the bathroom bin (if it is the open can type) in a standard nappy-bag wrapped in toilet paper is a lot easier and less noticeble than a commercial booster pad.