LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can you have too many diapers?

On 9/3/2019 at 7:18 AM, Little Sherri said:

This question occurred to me in relation to a conversation I had with my wife about how many diapers I need to have in inventory. Personally, I prefer to have a bit of a diaper hoard, meaning not just a large number of diapers, but also a number of different kinds: breathable, plastic, Velcro, tape, slim, thick, quiet, loud, printed, plain. Diapers to me are like shoes to her: what do I feel like wearing today? What would go with what I'm wearing or what I'm doing, or how long I need to be in it? Whereas for her, a diaper is a diaper is a diaper - she thinks of my diapers the way most people think of paper towels: yes, it's good to always have enough in stock, and yes, stock up if they go on sale, but, as to the brand or colour, who cares? 

I currently have 2/3 of a case of Rearz Barnyards, 1/2 of a case of Bambino Magnificos, 3/4 of a case of Prevail Breezer 360's (my go-to daytime diaper), plus a smattering of leftovers: Safari's, Play Dayz, some Tena and Depends, even some Pampers Cruisers and a couple of cloth diapers I rarely use. I'd like to get a case of Little Monsters or Little Rawrs as well, because I don't have many plastic tape-on diapers, but my wife is raising her eyebrows about how many I have already, since I have two shelves in my garage dedicated to diapers, a shelf in my closet, AND a drawer in my dresser. Plus there is a shelf in the basement that I'm not even sure she knows about. 

How many diapers do you folks keep in stock? Do you dabble (and dribble...) in different brands, or do you have your favourite, and only buy those? 

I can relate and have a very similar situation.  I have quite a bit of storage available in the garage and most of it is filled with my diapers.  I would say 85% of my diaper inventory is the designer diapers.  I had to explain to my wife that the diaper packs only come with 10-15 diapers per back.  A case of diapers is only 40-48 diapers.  I also told her that I only buy by the case so I save the max amount of money.  After sharing that with her it made more sense why I had so many boxes.  I’m probably around 500-600 diapers.  I wear 24/7 and go through 2-3 disposables a day (I wear cloth at night), which leaves me about 8 months worth of diapers.  There’s always a chance for an emergency like losing a job that I would have to resort to cloth full time, but I’ll never go down to less then a 6 month supply.  

Before she could ask, I told her the reason why I buy the designer diaper (I always wear a thick diaper during the day) is because wearing diapers has made me very depressed in the past.  Wearing the cute diapers helps me be happier about wearing diapers.  I was honest with her and she was open to it being ok.  

Lastly, having a verity of diapers keeps it still fun after 16 years of wearing diapers.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I crumbled this week and ordered a bag of Crinklz that I intend to pick up at Rearz at their Halloween gathering. I figured I couldn't go all the way out there and not come back with something. This solves my dearth of plastic, tape-on printed diapers for the moment. I would have bought a case but they were out of my size in cases. At my current rate of diaper consumption (3 - 4 per day, generally), I have 1.5 months worth of diapers in inventory, so I'm not in danger of running out anytime soon. 

I have easily 4000 diapers on hand. It fills up my closet, several cabinets, my storage closet, and most of my studio apartment. Yes, I know I have a problem. Many of these are vintage diapers, so I consider this an investment, and when I have the energy or desire, do occasionally items from my stash. But I also love having a variety of diapers to wear and love wearing thick, multiple diapers.

40 minutes ago, thickdiaperedbaby said:

I have easily 4000 diapers on hand. It fills up my closet, several cabinets, my storage closet, and most of my studio apartment. Yes, I know I have a problem. Many of these are vintage diapers, so I consider this an investment, and when I have the energy or desire, do occasionally items from my stash. But I also love having a variety of diapers to wear and love wearing thick, multiple diapers.

your stash sounds like mine. i have collecting diapers since the late 90's i have the old attends, depends, and the new stuff.   except i have a large house and half of my second story of the house stores most all of the diapers. 

my thing is the wife wants to down size to a smaller house and she wants some of the diapers to go. I told her that her craft room will go.

1 hour ago, technomonkey said:

your stash sounds like mine. i have collecting diapers since the late 90's i have the old attends, depends, and the new stuff.   except i have a large house and half of my second story of the house stores most all of the diapers. 

my thing is the wife wants to down size to a smaller house and she wants some of the diapers to go. I told her that her craft room will go.

Interesting... If you should wish some of them to go to a good home, game on.  :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, thickdiaperedbaby said:

14 hours ago, technomonkey said:

Question for you guys.  What is your exact address so I can put it in my GPS, and when will you be gone for a couple days?  Give me time to rent a U-Haul.  By the way, do you have an alarm system or a pit bull?

My stock usually runs between 1000-1500 premium AB diapers. I have my own home and plenty of storage space. I like to have variety and also like to stock up particularly on ABU stuff since they are hit or miss on inventory sometimes. I have the funds and space so in my case I do not believe my stock to be unreasonable given my situation. I use on average about 700-800 a year so I have a good reserve in place. Now to answer the question can you have too many. I’d say yes if your stock grows too large it causes you problems ether financially or logistically in terms of storage. I think most people will govern themselves thought and figure out what is appropriate for them. 

3 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Question for you guys.  What is your exact address so I can put it in my GPS, and when will you be gone for a couple days?  Give me time to rent a U-Haul.  By the way, do you have an alarm system or a pit bull?

Burglars do big heists in pairs don't they?

32 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Then I'd have to share!  if you want to help, fine!  We'll hit SoggySoCal's place last.  Probably need a bigger trailer!  

You can try. Gotta make it past my vicious Golden and the alarm system. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2019 at 7:46 AM, rusty pins said:

about 6+ years ago I sold 15 to 20 cases of diapers from 90's to early 2000's to a guy around the Kalamazoo area that i met off Craigslist. I have never seen him on this web site. But he wanted all my stash back then. and i would not give up my location. 

16 hours ago, technomonkey said:

about 6+ years ago I sold 15 to 20 cases of diapers from 90's to early 2000's to a guy around the Kalamazoo area that i met off Craigslist. I have never seen him on this web site. But he wanted all my stash back then. and i would not give up my location. 

Even though I live in Southwest Michigan, I guarantee it wasn't me in Kalamazoo you sold them too!  On the other hand, it's nice to know there are other possible DL's in the area, even though Kalamazoo is an hour away from me.