LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Questions about Incontinence

Hey guys I have a quick question. I do my research up down left and right, and I wasn't able to find answers to a question that I have been thinking of. Some background that might help about me, is that I have 100% full control, I have diapers but can't wear due to living situations so I'm forever hiding them until I'm alone with my little secret ?. Occasionally at college I may or may not have the chance to wear on weekends and that is when I indulge

•  If you were to wear diapers 24/7 for x amount of time, and DID hold it but you would use when you had a full bladder, flooding it. I would think this is less risk then letting go on any feeling you get and practicing to make it subconscious. I don't want to be incontinent, but I want to enjoy myself and hold it and really let go and have a good time. Is this "using diapers for their intended purpose?" or is this the same risk of being incontinent then letting go at every feeling?

After doing this long enough it would be understandable to get very comfortable with your diapers. Being able to use them in any position with ease (I can only stand). This might slightly decrease your bladder capacity, and or make a case of possible functional incontinence, but is this a generally much safer approach? 

Thank you for your feedback

if you are going to flood your diaper I would recommend getting premium fast absorbing diapers like Betterdry or Northshores Megamax, as diapers work best with smaller releases over an extended time to allow them to absorb and wick. Chances are you will over time get use to using your diaper and will be able to pee in any position and at any time, you may not start to experience unexpected releases but there is always that possibility as your body and subconscious adapts to being diapered and using them for their intended purpose. 

It is easy to fall into the habit of simply using your diaper after all thats why you want to wear 24/7 when you can, thats one of the reasons why urologists do not  recommend diapers at first to deal mild incontinence issues.  

Both can be bad - it really depends how extensively you are doing it. If you let it go when ever you feel a need and do it, and you do it over a really long time (24/7 and years), your bladder will shrink and maybe also the bladder muscle becomes week. The worse case here would be that you can’t empty your bladder anymore or not completely and need to do it frequently with a catheter (ISC). If you hold it for to long you may damage you kidneys or/and overstretch your bladder muscles. This can be really dangerous (acute urinary retention) and you will end up in a hospital or you even can die, moreover a damage of the bladder muscle also often end up with ISC. I just can warn here, because even if some people think they can train some kind of incontinence this is often not the truth. In fact it’s more likely that you end up with ISC then in diapers, because you get a retention problem.

• Thanks 1

I understand. A second question I have now. 

• People who don't use diapers, will hold when they need to and go use the bathroom when they feel like it. Assuming you're NOT 24/7 (only wearing on occasion when you feel like it) if you were to act the same way as someone who isn't in diapers, what would be the outcome? To be more specific, lets say 1-3 times a week you wear just regular underwear. When wearing a diaper you hold as regular as if you were wearing regular underwear. But instead of using the bathroom you use your diaper, then change into regular underwear. Same thing for lets say 7 times a week, or once a day.

This is more accurate to my exact situation. I'm more or less looking to see what I can do and still have fun

2 hours ago, AppleJack said:

I understand. A second question I have now. 

• People who don't use diapers, will hold when they need to and go use the bathroom when they feel like it. Assuming you're NOT 24/7 (only wearing on occasion when you feel like it) if you were to act the same way as someone who isn't in diapers, what would be the outcome? To be more specific, lets say 1-3 times a week you wear just regular underwear. When wearing a diaper you hold as regular as if you were wearing regular underwear. But instead of using the bathroom you use your diaper, then change into regular underwear. Same thing for lets say 7 times a week, or once a day.

This is more accurate to my exact situation. I'm more or less looking to see what I can do and still have fun

I'm not sure what you're asking. Because of constant leakage, I do wear 24/7. I still have "pee feelings" and still hold it whether I want to or not. When that happens, a slight relaxation is all it takes to empty whatever is in there. Sometimes it's a few drops, a squirt, or even a full dump. The unpredictability is always interesting.

It's hard to explain, I'm trying to wear diapers, but hold it as a regular person with full continence would. If and only if I have that urge then instead of using the toilet, I would just use my diaper. THEN change into a new one. I'm practicing regular continence but instead of using the toilet I'm using a diaper. Just changing the location if you know what I mean. Will doing this be okay? Hopefully I worded it better

Heck. Just wear diapers if you want. You don't need to pee them if you're not ready. Simply treat them like regular underwear. At some point you'll say "screw it" and pee in your diaper. It will probably be hard at first but gets easier as time passes. Don't worry about changing it right away; sit in it a while. You probably won't fill it to capacity at first so don't waste a perfectly good diaper. Mine will hold a lot and I don't get upset until I think it's about to leak. Don't push yourself; let it happen over time. Just enjoy the fact that you're wearing a diaper and that it's all safe and secure down there.

• Like 1

I've been wearing for years haha. Im just curious of the long term effects, for when I get to live on my own. I want to wear all the time and use them all the time but I want to hold it then go not just release on command. I long for the day I can get some time for me, myself, and I

32 minutes ago, AppleJack said:

I've been wearing for years haha. Im just curious of the long term effects, for when I get to live on my own. I want to wear all the time and use them all the time but I want to hold it then go not just release on command. I long for the day I can get some time for me, myself, and I

I don't know the long term effects because I'm already broken. Someone else will have to chime in on that one.

i have been wearing 24/7 for 3+ years i have no problem controling pee when i started and i still have fair control i use toilet for #2 on the few times i am not diapered i have to be carful i do not goof up and wet myself. i think i could go back to regular underwear but it would be a chalange.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

My continence nurse waned me that if I switched to nappies full time I would loose my remaining bladder control. She was right but to be honest it was better than having wet pants without warning

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, stevewet said:

My continence nurse waned me that if I switched to nappies full time I would loose my remaining bladder control. She was right but to be honest it was better than having wet pants without warning

You can always hope [and prove] she's right. :)

I started wearing about 2 1/2 years ago, mainly for insurance purposes as I was working at a job without easy access to a loo, and had bladder anxiety issues around this,,, 

I became 24/7 in about a week because I just loved the security feeling that if I did wet myself, it wouldn't be obvious,,,

So, while I am happier wearing and being able to leak wherever I am, in a queue for example, I am a little more inco than I would have been, sometimes I leak without noticing I'm going to do so, but often I just allow myself to pee because it's easier than using a loo, and actually find it pleasurable,,, 

So yes, if you wear just for pleasure you may well become a bit inco, but as long as you are enjoying it, why not?,,,

I'd much rather be a bit inco and happy than have an iron bladder and worry about wetting,,,

Stevewet, thanks for bringing this topic. I have a full incontinence with constant dripping and remaining control. I am wearing 24/7 since 2 1/2 years and my remaining control has not decreased at all!
It is not wearing that impact the control, it is using! It means that if you don’t bother going anymore to the loo, and do it every time in your nappy, then it might have an impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 10/7/2019 at 10:59 AM, Joe-Box said:

Stevewet, thanks for bringing this topic. I have a full incontinence with constant dripping and remaining control. I am wearing 24/7 since 2 1/2 years and my remaining control has not decreased at all!
It is not wearing that impact the control, it is using! It means that if you don’t bother going anymore to the loo, and do it every time in your nappy, then it might have an impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe I suppose it just becomes easier to go in a nappy and sine I am wearing one why worry. All I know is I have very little bladder control now.