LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Finding The Perfect Diaper

dlsafrica

I thinkn I accomplished this feat years ago, but now, although the diaper I am using (Comfreys) is amazingly absorbent and fits great, there is something missing. I just loved the distintive yellowing of the front of a diaper when peeing. It gave an extra sense of babyness. Anyway, I am on a hectic budget as it is. I can't experiment with different brands. What are your criteria for the perfect diaper?

I think everyone will have different needs, but for me a perfect diaper is one that I not mention and that feels like normal underwear and even look like that. It should have a perfect wetness distribution so that the complete pad area is used in every position, what would help to make it thinner, it should not brake down or bunch, it should work temperature regulating that you don’t sweat that much and it should absorb at last 1200ml in _every_ position without leaking. More over it should absorb fast enough even after rewetting and it should keep the liquid also under pressure (e.g. while sitting) until the limit of the 1200ml is reached.

Unfortunatly this diaper doesn’t exists for now how ever, there are a couple of promising developments are going on so we will have it maybe somewhen in future.

For me my current choice BetterDry or Crinklz  is close to being perfect it’s comfortable to wear and absorbent and leaks less often then other diapers I have tried but it does not wick well due to the higher amount of SAP. 

• Like 1

I also experimented many years ago (probably well over 30 years ago) with as many different diapers as I could get in stores.  I think the thing is to try all you can and get to know which ones you like best for different occasions.  Maybe some for day use, some for night use, different thicknesses and all.  You have to keep doing that as the years go by and a new diaper comes on the market.  Then when a company makes a change, the diaper you liked best may no longer be the best!  Also as you get older over 20 or 30 years your body changes and the perfect diaper may not fit well anymore.  All you can do is try the different once, find the ones you like for your different situations and hope they continue to work for you.  Even if they are working well, try new brands that come out.  You may find some that work even better than the "perfect" diaper you have been wearing.  Me, I get my diapers from Goodwill and Thrift Stores for cheap prices.  I have not tried many premium diapers but I did like the Betterdry diapers I got last year.  Next time I may try Northshore, Confidry 24/7, Molicare or some of the other brands.  i may even try Rearz even though I'm not an AB.  The thing is, it can Take me a few years to go through even one package of Premium diapers.

14 hours ago, dlsafrica said:

...Anyway, I am on a hectic budget as it is. I can't experiment with different brands. What are your criteria for the perfect diaper?

Inexpensive, and cloth are my criteria. I have splurged and bought some rather expensive fabric especially designed for use as soaker panels; Zorb II. 

The other thing I know Rusty Pins does is shop at the Good Will store for packages of adult diapers. That might be an option for you.

3 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I also experimented many years ago (probably well over 30 years ago) with as many different diapers as I could get in stores.  I think the thing is to try all you can and get to know which ones you like best for different occasions.  Maybe some for day use, some for night use, different thicknesses and all.  You have to keep doing that as the years go by and a new diaper comes on the market.  Then when a company makes a change, the diaper you liked best may no longer be the best!  Also as you get older over 20 or 30 years your body changes and the perfect diaper may not fit well anymore.  All you can do is try the different once, find the ones you like for your different situations and hope they continue to work for you.  Even if they are working well, try new brands that come out.  You may find some that work even better than the "perfect" diaper you have been wearing.  Me, I get my diapers from Goodwill and Thrift Stores for cheap prices.  I have not tried many premium diapers but I did like the Betterdry diapers I got last year.  Next time I may try Northshore, Confidry 24/7, Molicare or some of the other brands.  i may even try Rearz even though I'm not an AB.  The thing is, it can Take me a few years to go through even one package of Premium diapers.

I'm partial to the [Confi]Dry 24/7 for one reason: It woks and keeps me dry. I don't think it's real cheap as I've never compared prices. Don't fix it it it ain't broken. It's very thick and full cut. It's plain white; sometimes wish for colors/prints (even though I can't see them) but that probably jacks up the cost.

The perfect diaper for me equals cloth. For me that is not related to cost effectiveness it is all about  how they preform look and feel. In general they never seem to fail me as long as you are aware how saturated they are. I turn to cloth whenever I get the chance. Under every other circumstance I’ll have to turn to disposable. To bed I wear cloth as well and it hardly ever fails me because cloth diapers absorb in literally every position.

• Like 1

For me it all comes down to the fit and performance.  I've been using Drylife Slip Super diapers lately and the fit for me has got to be one of the best I've ever tried.  They hold quite a bit too.

However....sometimes I'm just in the mood for something else.  When I'm at home I'll use a Rearz Safari or other high absorbency diaper to lounge around in.  So I guess what I'm saying is that the 'perfect; diaper is subjective given the circumstances.... 

The perfect diaper for me is betterdry and crinklz as they are comfy and hold a lot. I love the rearz monster diapers as they are soft but they don’t hold as much so I do use them just not as often as my betterdry and crinklz.

Starting out, I got cute ones.. Rearz princess. Love the absorbency but didn't like the loud crinkle when I sleep in them. I also tried cloth, and while they are my favorite for sleeping, sometimes they aren't practical and I have to wear hot plastic pants with them. I got some Fitright diapers.. immediately noticed they were more Fit-wrong... first, It doesn't 'look like' a diaper.. thin gauzy sides that don't hold the tapes and they slip or break away all together.. it's smaller in length so I end up with more of a bikini fit instead of the good coverage I like. They have a cloth like outside and don't hold up well overnight or to heavy soaking . So then I read good reviews on the Abena Abriforms.. I got the L4s. I put one on first time last night, and I am in love with it. All the best qualities.. soft inside, plastic outside (and quiet!!), Super absorbent, no leaks and held a lot with 10 hours sleep. Soft sides and strong tapes. I found my holy Grail of diapers. 

Here is South Africa, nappies are of limited choice. 

We have Tena belted, molicare and clemens as top brands. We'll I think they are the top brands. Then you get the store type. For instance we have store called Clicks. They have their own brand. 

I have tried them all except the Tena belted. Honestly as a DL a belted nappy isn't a nappy. Molicare are OK. Clemens are expensive. Then I decided to try the clicks brand thinking they were plastic backed. However they are not. They are cloth backed and thick. I didn't think I would like them. But boy are they really good. Th only thing about them is that they do tend to feel wet in comparison to the others.

So for. Me I don't have the perfect nappy. But I do have my favorite. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2019 at 10:46 AM, Dlbychoice said:

Here is South Africa, nappies are of limited choice. 

Also from South Africa :)

Haven't tried the Clicks ones nor the Tena belted ones (they look kinda interesting though, I want to try them all eventually haha). I imported Abenas (Abri-form M2s and M4s) a while back and they've been great. These are my favourites. I managed to get some Abena Delta-form M2s locally (from Takealot), they're also really good. Locally the Molicare Supers are decent. 

Criteria: space and absorption.