LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Curious and a Little Bit Nervous

Hi gang, just a little note by way of introduction, I've been searching and looking at ABDL sites and references online a long time, now I'm curious to try out a bit of interaction, and quite nervous about doing so. I'm particularly interested in how people do, or don't, integrate their ABDL activities with the rest of their lives, and about normalizing and mainstreaming things and whether or not that's a good idea, or even possible. I've gotten used to and more comfortable with many things over time, maybe I can do the same with a bit of back and forth and sharing. Best wishes and a happy life to all...

We;'re happy to have you're joining us! It's pretty slow here unless you like role play. It's a good time to get started, so don't be shy and jump in. Nice to have another old coot here :rolleyes:! The 60s rock!

Hi yourself, and welcome to DD. No need to be nervous, just relax. It’s a pretty nice place here, lots of likeminded people. There’s all kinds of information available too. Kiddo is right, everybody has their own way of what they do, and how they do it. Don’t be afraid to ask more specific questions either. So, relax, have fun, and enjoy! And yes, you might learn something in the process too. 

On 8/27/2019 at 1:29 PM, 60's Style said:

Hi gang, just a little note by way of introduction, I've been searching and looking at ABDL sites and references online a long time, now I'm curious to try out a bit of interaction, and quite nervous about doing so. I'm particularly interested in how people do, or don't, integrate their ABDL activities with the rest of their lives, and about normalizing and mainstreaming things and whether or not that's a good idea, or even possible. I've gotten used to and more comfortable with many things over time, maybe I can do the same with a bit of back and forth and sharing. Best wishes and a happy life to all...

Welcome!  First, this is the best AB/DL site there is and I have looked at many over the years.  You can post and have agreements and disagreements and the admins give you flexibility to discuss differences of opinions as long as you follow the rules, don't bash other people and respect their opinions.

Second, you will find all types of people here who are into different things but all have common ground.  There are the adult babies, then the diaper lovers who just like diapers without the age regression, the mommies and the daddies, some who are both an AB as well as a daddy (meaning they like to be a mommy or daddy to an adult baby but they also like to wear diapers themselves).  There are people who are incontinent who come here to learn more about themselves, chat with others who are incontinent or who use AB playing as a coping mechanism for having to wear diapers for their incontinence.  This site runs the gambit of people but all are good decent people here.

The last part of your post interested me.  Some people here live life totally as a baby.  Many wear their diapers 24/7 but have regular lives, jobs, and do "normalizing and mainstreaming things" even though it's while wearing diapers.  Some will live as AB with AB clothing and all.  I've written many times in the forums about how I think it can be done with no problem as long as you have a good healthy balance in life.  My thoughts are you have to be the one in control, and not let the fetish take over and control you.  Basically, when you find yourself not wanting to go out with friends or do things or go places you used to because you would rather stay home wearing diapers, that is where I feel the fetish has started to take control of you and you are losing a healthy balance between regular life and an AB/DL lifestyle.  If you want more of my thoughts on the matter, please feel free to send me a message!

It can be overwhelming. But don't worry about it. Take it one step at a time. Posing your concerns is a huge step and gets you over a big bump. Just take your time; don't rush to a conclusion; don't spend all your money on stuff all at once. Don't force yourself into a "particular" pattern but try things a little at at a time. I spent many years progressing through various types of diapers and rubber pants. Much later, clothing became desirable. Soon after that pacifiers and still later bottles. It took many years to get to this point. Let us know about other concerns you may have and jump in! Hope you like it as much as I do.:rolleyes:

Even though I just started this a couple weeks ago in a serious way (I had been wearing Depends undies for occasional use) I want it all right now lol ?.. I have 2 cloth diapers with Velcro and my disposables princess ones. A paci and a bottle. I want to order more disposables (plain white), a Rearz cloth prefold and pins and More plastic pants. Love the feeling of soft cloth on my bottom ?. I can't wear to work ? but would if I could☺️

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all for the input and context information -- it's been some busy times here at Casa 60's and I haven't had a chance to jump back on the boards here... I can write more later about questions of integration of ABDL things into regular life. I've read many things about how "you can't force other people to participate in your fetish," and even some remarks from incontinent people who are offended by the desire some might have to wear diapers in public. Curious about all these things. Context obviously plays a role. Anyone could wear almost  anything during Mardi Gras in New Orleans or at a Gay Pride march on Castro Street, and I have seen plenty of trans-gender or ambiguous clothing worn in other urban areas, but I think the same behavior might cause trouble at a shopping mall in small town middle America. However, there are lots of fleece sleepers for grownups now, advertised all over the internet, and the DD/lg community seems to be gaining more notice rapidly, so maybe mainstream awareness isn't as unlikely as it seems.

On 9/18/2019 at 5:38 PM, Kiddo said:

Your hopefulness is a good thing, 60's Style! I tend to be a hopeful person too, usually believing that things are getting better and that people have good intentions. Sometimes I get disappointed, but not always. The world is changing faster than ever, it seems. As you said, though, context matters a lot. And that means that no one can tell you what's right in your own situation. You know your own context better than any of us could ever know it. I always try to honor that, and to acknowledge the gap between someone else's life and my own life, between your context and mine. I'm sure that you'll find great conversations here about integrating one's life, though. There are some really smart and thoughtful people here.

Apparently so! ? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:13 PM, Crinklz Kat said:

Welcome!  I'm fairly new here too -- but been lurking this and other sites for many many years as well.   Not really "AB", but have a few "little" things like the plushies and a few onesies.   That said.... I keep it all at home. 

Yoou can share with s for most of us never get in touchg physically, only here on line and we never know who the other person is so do not be afraid, Just have fun and tell what you like and see who else likes that same thing. I like lite diaper bondage and some do also. I am a dl not a baby.  I will try most anything once, maybe. Have fun and tell what you like and others who like the same will try to talk to you, here not a phone.