LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Time In Seven Years

dlsafrica

Okay. The last time I remember wearing a diaper was when I was 37. I remember it because someone visited unannounced, and the whole time I just felt selfconscious. I honestly thought I might have worn in 2014, but I also remember promising myself to wear again for a bunch of birthdays. Anyway, the main issue has always been budget. In the past there was self awareness and shame too. But today... well, yesterday I turned 45 and today my budget just allowed me to ... so I went to the store, thinking of hiding what I put in my trolley (able to by putting my bag over it), and I tried to pick a queue free till (not easy because the queue forms again behind one). So I ring the item through (I am trying Comfreys) and then found myself short cash wise. Or thought I was. So I guess by this time whatever attention I didn't want brought to the situation had occurred...

It turned out that I actually had the change in coins that would have satisfied the purchase, so I went to fetch it again. I was prepared to defend my honour if I received any comments etc, because I did in 2012, but it all went okay. Now I have the next challenge. The last time I used a few diapers before throwing away the rest of the package. But I am eight years older now, and I have come to just not give a *&^#!?:

Anyway, hopefully I can take it from here without shame or anything. The biggest challenge back in 2012 was disposing of them, since we have community bins at the flats that are cleaned out each week.

The issue was the bags would leak from the load of a full diaper (or two). Anyway, so this feels like Heaven. It feels so natural - like it belongs. I powdered just in case (because the last diapers I wore never gave rash - I just have to hope these don't leak easily - guess I'll find that out later). But -- tape tips please? I didn't know where to find them at first so I don't know if they're fitted properly. But right now -- this feels like underwear. Well, it is underwear -- I meant normal underwewar. I'm so happy right now. And tonight, for the first time I will sleep not only pacified, but diapered too.

5 hours ago, dlsafrica said:

But -- tape tips please? I didn't know where to find them at first so I don't know if they're fitted properly.

Generally, I tape mine straight across or at a slight downward angle. As far as fit goes, the diaper should be snug all around. It shouldn't be cutting off circulation and it shouldn't be lose.

No. It fits very nicely. But now I am facing my biggest fear -- leaking. Once I bought diapers (it was maybe twenty years ago) and they leaked immediately, just because it wasn't a great fit. I never touched Pampers again. Maybe when I need to go I will take it slowly at first and test the waters so to speak. I've made sure the sides cover where they are meant to. My biggest fear is always having a bad experience and leaking, because that will deter me from using again... which is really a pity since this feels like it belongs. I'll report back, maybe in the review section. Sorry - look if I had diahroea (I know it's spelt wrong) this might be considered running commentary. I'll stop now.

Do what I did.  I bought some large 36"x52" bed pads from Amazon and placed one at hip level on my bed, across the bed (I believe they call it "saddle" style).

On those occasions while trying different supplies, where they haven't held up to the previous night's fluid intake, the bed stayed dry.  I simply get up when I discover that I'm wet, remove any washables (onesie, diaper shell), throw all washables including the bed pad into the washer and lay down another bed pad and change my diaper and shell.  Throw on a t-shirt (only have one onesie) to get the rest of my sleep.  I don't run the wash until I wake up again in the morning lest I leak again.  I run everything on the short cycle (18 min in my front loader) and then after my shower, run them in the dryer on low-temp auto-dry.

Easy peasy.   I may wake up wet but it's not the end of the world and nothing to stress about when it happens.  Just wash up, change and go back to sleep on another dry bed pad.

23 hours ago, dlsafrica said:

Okay. The last time I remember wearing a diaper was when I was 37. I remember it because someone visited unannounced, and the whole time I just felt selfconscious. I honestly thought I might have worn in 2014, but I also remember promising myself to wear again for a bunch of birthdays. Anyway, the main issue has always been budget. In the past there was self awareness and shame too. But today... well, yesterday I turned 45 and today my budget just allowed me to ... so I went to the store, thinking of hiding what I put in my trolley (able to by putting my bag over it), and I tried to pick a queue free till (not easy because the queue forms again behind one). So I ring the item through (I am trying Comfreys) and then found myself short cash wise. Or thought I was. So I guess by this time whatever attention I didn't want brought to the situation had occurred...

Diapers are like cigarettes. You can't kick the habit.

8 hours ago, ppdude said:

Diapers are like cigarettes. You can't kick the habit.

:) --- actually, I gave up smoking after one night in 1992... but the point is taken.

I know. I am now throughly wet again... although slightly aware that there may be a leak spot on the chair I am sitting on. But yesterday, I thought I would write a diaper sory for these forums, and not change until the story was finished. That didn't work. But I am going to see how far I get now before I change. Thankfully, I have no problems being in a soaked diaper for up to 24 hours (bonus!) but the garbage truck also comes today, so I need to dispose of two diapers in a timeous manner.