LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Triple Bypass

I have been absent for about 5 days. It began Friday, I was talking a walk and got some dizzy spells and chest pressure. I went to Rite-Aid to see if it was one ofm my meds., which the pharmecist thought it was and said to all my Dr.. TehDr's offcie said call 911 and go to the ER, Upo their examinatio, Iwas admitted, and it just got worse from there.I got a Cardiac Cathetrization and they found three bloked branches of the Coronary arter. I was given the choice of stents or bypass surgery,k the latter recommended, by a surgeon who did not do that kind of surger. It happens this coming Thrursday. I will be a week in recovery and, depending on outome 7 weeks of rehab. So I will not be here for about two months. I was released from the hostpital that will do the surgery for tonight and tomorrow to get things in order. No dollies for 2 whole months;WWWAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Guess I have to put my big boy pants on EEWWWWW!!!!

my wife went through triple bypass about 6 years ago.. it is a bit of a recovery, but the hospital did a great job with rehab and everything.. I wish you lots of luck.. if you need anyone to talk to feel free to say hello

?‍♂️

Since I will be in a fairly public area, If I have access at all, I will have to be pretty sterile of ABLG material

The scary part is that there was no warning whatsoever. All  my blood work was very good. I just dodged a Pearl Harbor. It  seemed more likely that what I was experiencing a bad reaction to a med, until they got to the Cardiac Catheterization (should be called a cardioscopy)

Haven't had the pleasure of a triple bypass but I *have* had open heart surgery.

You are going on one hell of a ride but you will overwhelmingly likely come out the other side the better for it.  If you're like me, you'll be surrounded by diapers and catheters in the CCU but you won't have ANY interest in them - not for a while, so don't worry about that. 

Good luck and don't freak at the state you're in when you first get out of surgery (like I did). As others have said, it's a bit of a recovery voyage.  It gets a LOT better but takes time.  Go easy on the self-administered Fentanyl - it's just plain weird coming off that stuff.

Been there,done that.   I was lucky it was caught before I had a heart attack.  Not caring is an interesting thought.  I do remember when they took out the urinary catheter thinking "Oh No, now I will have to pee"  No other thoughts since you will be very tired at first.  I hope you like enemas.  The pain meds plug you up. I think I was doing several a week at first.  But do the cardio rehab and watch your diet.   My total cholesterol is now under 200.

I had a heart attack in 2006 and 5 way bypass.

I was discharged 7 days later by the VA and drove 140 miles home.

The first of the year i started having skipped heart beats and pulse rate that went down to 31 beats a min at times

I got sent to cardiology department ant went through a lot of test and finely went for Cardiac Catheterization.

They found three of my old bypasses were 50% blocked and one was 80% blocked.

They put in a stent and changed my heart and diabetes meds.

The worse part was during the Cardiac Catheterization they put a condom Catheter on me but due to BPH i could not pee laying flat on my back in recovery.

That plus the pain meds they let  my bladder fill to 1100 cc before it got painful.

They then put in a Foley Catheter that because of the amount in my bladder caused bleeding into the bladder and then clotted  and plugged the foley Catheter.

The overnight stay became a two day stay till i could pee normally without blood.

On 8/20/2019 at 11:18 PM, Little Christine said:

Since I will be in a fairly public area, If I have access at all, I will have to be pretty sterile of ABLG material

The scary part is that there was no warning whatsoever. All  my blood work was very good. I just dodged a Pearl Harbor. It  seemed more likely that what I was experiencing a bad reaction to a med, until they got to the Cardiac Catheterization (should be called a cardioscopy)

I wish you all the best: Heart Trouble is nothing to mess with, and I am GLAD that you were able to get the help you need!

Good Luck!

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Wow... My Triple-Bypass-day was 01 August this year! At 69 I was experiencing NO ominous symptoms--just a decline in stamina I'd written-off to how it feels (in my case) to be this age!

I owe my Primary-Care Person my life; she saw something she didn't like in 1 of my EKGs (which come regularly before the Roto-Rooter for recurring Bladder-polyps), so she started the ball rolling--which led to a Heart-Cath--which changed an Outpatient-visit where I live to a "Come-As-You-Are" party a ~2¾-hour Ambulance-ride from there. I'm still on various restrictions to protect my sternum (no lifting, pulling, pushing or dragging anything over 10# & no driving). But I guarantee you there is NO better place to get your chest cracked in Ohio--than Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus!

I'm still processing the rest. I found this thread while casting about, looking for a place to share why I've been absent from D.D. as long as I have. Oh... I scored a 10-foot (Android-compatible) phone-cord in a Kroger™ store, now that my Hospital adventure is behind me. They don't want you getting-up AT ALL without using the call-button & waiting for help (much LESS to try improving your position so your phone can be charging while you tweet). I'm sure there is more, but not tonight. Best regards, all.

• Like 1

" But I guarantee you there is NO better place to get your chest cracked in Ohio--than Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus! "

i had my 5 way bypass done at the west LA VA hospital in 2006 and it was done by one of their teaching doctors from UCLA

i drove myself 150 miles home 7 days later.

Three months ago i had a stent put in one of the bypass veins that had a 80% block after 13 years.

i knew something was wrong when my heart started skipping beats and would slow down to 31 BPM and went in to get a heart checkup and after 3 days of testing they did Heart-Cath and found the blockage.

the strange thing was i did a stress test on a tread mill and the blockage did not cause any problems.

and they did a CT MYOCARDIAL PET STUDIES REST AND STRESS and a SPECT MYOCARDIAL IMAGING

4 hours ago, anned said:

"

i drove myself 150 miles home 7 days later.

Wow, I can't believe they let you drive.  I wasn't allowed to even ride in the front seat for a month.   They were afraid if I was in an accident, an air bag hit could kill me.  Considering my sternum was not healed.

On 9/14/2019 at 5:20 AM, 1950potty said:

Wow, I can't believe they let you drive.  I wasn't allowed to even ride in the front seat for a month.   They were afraid if I was in an accident, an air bag hit could kill me.  Considering my sternum was not healed.

They never asked how i got to the VA hospital and i never volunteered that i drove there.

Don’t know if, or when you’ll get to see this Little Christine, but I hope you are doing well. I know your dollies must be concerned. 

Get well soon! 

Pull down your bed dress, your diapers are showing! ?

• 2 weeks later...

I lied: it was a quadruple.I passed all therapies with sparkling tiaras and was recently taken off the A-fib meds. I had about five tubes in me, indluding a foley cath.  I do NOT want THAT ever again

I just got home today and goes who the first two "persons" I hugged and kissed for just ever

The scar has to be deatl with if I am to wear my classic babydolls

On the Setp.6 exam the cardiologist said "your heart is strong" since there was no cardiac impact\  AT All

I think Truthinder Lady Alicianne was there since ther doctor said nothing about the unursiall organs that I have in that area that make use able to use the "magic want" (in our language the words translate to "dong stick") she must have either shelded them or used some kind of specific amnestic on him of the sort that makes him unaware of them and their unusualness

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, AbabeBill said:

Welcome home! And I can’t say I blame you on the cath. For now, take it easy, follow the doctor’s orders, and you’ll be back twirling those baby dolls in no time.

Yup. Same here. He said it all; nuff said.  Welcome back.

15 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

Welcome home! And I can’t say I blame you on the cath. For now, take it easy, follow the doctor’s orders, and you’ll be back twirling those baby dolls in no time.

I wasn not ieven out of Cardiac ICU when they had me on solid food and the first phase of physical therapy. walk 200 ft. I had to take baby steps because the nusres had to deal with carrying all the tubes and IV's. Modern therapy is NOT about take it easy, it is about getting going ASAP and as much as you can. Iwas then transferred to the ward just a notch below ICu; called 'Step Down". I did so well there, 600 ft that they decided I didk not need the hospital physical therapy and, 6 days after surgery, was trnasferred to a "skilled nursing rehabilitation facility on 28 August. By the last week, I had passed all therapy goals and had taken a wald of 3 or 3-1/2miles. They only kept me around until sternum precautions were no longer necessary and hated to see me go because I was very good to them, ktoo. I guess being part Fairy has some advantages, though I did not tell them obout that. I will graduall inrease my leven of activity until I am back to full strength, as the surgeon put it, by mid November. One of the workers at the hospital, and one of the physical/occupation therapists at the rehab place said I was an "inspiration"

• Like 2

Yes and no: Yes in that you like not having issues to deal with. No in that you keep waiting for the other shoe to fall. As far as I can tell, the last barrier was the A-fib question which ended yesterdaly. Can it be THAT easy or is there some gotcha that I don't know about?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 6:03 AM, AbabeBill said:

Well if it’s a shoes to have to drop, let’s hope it’s a shiny pair of Mary Janes. Or, whatever cute sissy shoes. 

With my luck it will probaby be mountain climmber boots with attached crampons. Hopefully not sissy shoes, I hate bunny slippers or high heel pumps. I will take shiney pink or white ballet slippers. I have a pair of black patent loafer types with brown bows, what they were doing in the mens' shoes Iat Savers,  had NO idea but I was not going to look a gift doll in the mouth. Mayhaps I can re-color them and put a different bow on them