LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hello everyone:

I am curious - Yesterday, I had to use the diaper and I peed in it, but in the process, I must have flooded out, because I think I exceeded the Diaper's capacity.  I just let loose, and soon the diaper filled up, and I was leaking out of the plastic pants, onto my legs - it was running down them at a pretty good clip.

Wondering what I should do to make sure that whatever I release stays in the Plastic pants or diaper until I change it - should I be doing something different?

Brian

(Thank You to Elfy, for moving this back where it is supposed to be :) ~brian)

Edited by baker7
Edited to change response line (8/28/19)

I am with some of the others, most all of the store brand or cheap ones will not take a flood or fast release. Check out Amazon, look for some that have the cup measure on them, and get the one that has 3-4 cup like,, ATN, brand, or better. I also use 1-2 inserts inside of an ATN for night time and sleep on a bath towel. My favorite insert is Huggies size 5-6 Little mover or a Huggies Night time. You almost don't even need the ATN, other than to contain the overflow. If you like a soft feel on you then try the Huggies 

Also, try to wee more often.  Little and often reduces the risk of leaks, so try to keep you sphincter relaxed, like it is when you're just finishing a wee.  It takes time to learn what the capacity of a particular nappy is.  Cloth nappies handle flooding better than disposables, in my experience, as long as they fit properly, although I understand if this isn't an option for you.  And everyone else is right to suggest you try different nappies until you find what works best for you - don't just accept frequent leaks are normal.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, baker7 said:

Hello everyone:

I am curious - Yesterday, I had to use the diaper and I peed in it, but in the process, I must have flooded out, because I think I exceeded the Diaper's capacity.  I just let loose, and soon the diaper filled up, and I was leaking out of the plastic pants, onto my legs - it was running down them at a pretty good clip.

Wondering what I should do to make sure that whatever I release stays in the Plastic pants or diaper until I change it - should I be doing something different?

Brian

I have a few questions that might help me give a more educated answer.  You list yourself as incontinent.  Is this recent or have you been incontinent for quite a while?  I ask because of a few things.  You said, "  Yesterday, I had to use the diaper and I peed in it".  That conveys to me that you can use the toilet but in some cases you have no choice but to use your diaper. hence, "I had to use the diaper".  Maybe you have been having gradual issues with your bladder that have been getting worse or to the point where sometimes you try and hold it but can't.  If this is the case, maybe you are still in the stages of learning about how best to manage episodes of incontinence, especially if those episodes are getting worse.

First, plastic pants are a good idea, even over disposable diapers.  They have saved my jeans several times when I have been out of town for the day.  The thing is, plastic pants only help so much.  If your diaper is near the saturation point, plastic pants can help keep your outer pants dry when you start to get some small leaks around the legs, etc.  They are not meant to stop a lot of pee that runs out of an over saturated diaper.

I think most people will agree that you need to do some experimentation with different products.  Some people use different products for different situations but in doing so, the most important thing is to understand your own personal limitations and dress for them.  Keep yourself a mental or written record of how often and how much you wet yourself and how well your incontinence product manages it.  Do you dribble small amounts or do you flood and release a bladder full all at once?  If your bladder releases all at once, your diaper may not be able to handle a flooding and you might have to find a product that does, or maybe use cloth diapers or a cloth insert that will help wick the urine throughout your diaper faster instead of it puddling in one place because the disposable can't absorb it that fast.  How many times do you wet before you go change your diaper?  It may be that your diaper handles one or two wettings and still feels to you like it can handle more, but the third wetting is too much for it and it leaks.

Here is where you can experiment and find what works for you.  Try different diapers.  If you find some premium quality diapers, try them for many reasons.  You might find a good moderate diaper that can handle 4 or 5 hours before changing but is thinner and more discreet for times when you may be at work, out with friends or in public places where you want to be more discreet.  Keep in mind that you will need to know from trial and error just when you will have to change that particular brand of diaper to avoid leaking, even with plastic pants.  You have to do this with each different diaper you try since they all absorb and fit slightly different.  Even then, you will have to be mindful of how much you are wetting.  Some mornings you may wet much more than others depending on the weather, what you have had to drink and how much.  If you find yourself wetting more than usual one day, be aware that you may need to change your diaper sooner than you usually do.

There are some diapers that will be thicker and hold a lot more between changes, like the Betterdry diapers and Mega Max diapers.  If you are at home, overnight or places where it may not be convenient to change, those diapers will last a long time but may be much bulkier and less discreet than a more moderate premium diaper.  You have those options to use different diapers for different situations allowing you either longer protection between changes or more frequent changes and better discretion when among people or coworkers.  Only you know your body and frequency of voiding so you will have to try different diapers until you find the ones that work for you the best.  Just try and be mindful of how much you are wetting and the condition your diaper is getting.  You may decide it's better to change sooner just to be safe than to take a chance and try to push your diaper to last beyond it's physical capability.  One last thing.  A good premium diaper may seem thicker, bulkier and less discreet when among people, friends and coworkers, but it's even less discreet to wear a thin diaper and have everyone notice that you have wet your pants because your diaper leaked.