LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Subjecting others to smell while hiking

There have been numerous debates that turned into  arguments about subjecting others to the smell, this isn't meant to trigger another one.

I'm of the camp that subjecting others to the smell is wrong but I do have a question.  If you're hiking and see a handful of people on the trail in passing, is that inconsiderate / wrong?  Personally I'd say it's in the gray zone to me.  Being in line in the grocery store doesn't allow people much option, especially the poor sod who's line you got in (checker or other patrons in front of you).  Hiking is a different critter.

I just thought of this scenario and decided to see what others think.  So...  Thoughts and feelings, please???

Christi

The dissent really only applies to people who purposefully soil themselves. If you're incontinent and can't help it then it is what it is. And it's true that some people like to "play the part".

If you do that I'm not judging you, but don't expect others to be suddenly happy with you, especially if you choose to brag about it online. Whatever the badly written stories online tell you, messing yourself in a public place is not some secret handshake to another cover DL. 

As to hiking, as long as you change and dispose of your diaper in an environmentally conscientious way, then you're free to do as you please. There's not much you can do about other hikers or how they may or may not react. 

I am one who thinks it's wrong to purposely subject people around you to the smell of your messy diaper.  Like you said, pooping your diaper and then standing in line at a store to check out when people come up behind you.  Same as if you were on a crowded bus, elevator with other people, etc.  Hiking can indeed be a grey area.  If you are hiking with friends or in a group, then I say not a good idea to remain in a messy diaper and you should go change as soon as possible when incontinent and if you do it just for personal enjoyment, not a good idea with others in your hiking group (unless they are all AB or DL who also wear and mess their diapers).  If you are hiking a trail alone and decide to drop a stinky load in your diaper or pants, that is the grey area and probably OK to do so depending on the circumstance.  If this is more of an off beaten trail and you don't run into many people, I don't see a problem.  If it's a very well hiked trail with lots of others you pass all the time, then it would depend more on how close they are to you when they pass you, weather they come up behind and walk along with you for a while because you are both walking at the same pace, or weather you may be forced to all stop and wait for something before continuing.  For example, there is a bridge you all have to cross to continue the hike, but everyone has to stop and wait for the bridge to open up to cross it.  Anytime you would have to stand around with others in a messy diaper is not a good idea.  If, on the other hand, you are just passing someone along the trail, I doubt they would have enough time to really be offended by the smell of your messy diaper if they just pass you for a few seconds.  They may get a whiff as they pass you, but that will be just a quick whiff as they continue their walk in the fresh out door air. 

Funny that this topic came up because I was just thinking about if anyone has hiked the Appalachian Trail in a diaper.  That would mean packing a lot more stuff,  mainly diapers. 

As far as just hiking, I don't think it would be too bad. People passing you will probably just think that you crop dusted them.  

On the other hand,  if you hike up to an outlook to watch a sun rise or sun set, where many other hikers will gather to see the same view, it wouldn't be a good thing to do to them. 

If it were to happen and there was a breeze,  you could always stand down wind of all the other hikers. 

• 4 months later...

Trail name...  I don't know, potty pants?  That would be more for teasing purposes from someone I was close to.  Hummnnn.... 

How about..........

<laughs>  Diaper dumper?

or........

Pamper Packer, though I don't use those.  I was thinking along the lines of a backpack since I carry one with water and snacks.