LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Un-potty training method - Is your bladder half full or half empty?

Un-potty training method - Is your bladder half full or half empty?   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which method do you recommend?

• Trying to keep your bladder relaxed/empty at all times and wetting whenever you need to as per the 12 month guide.
    • Trying to keep your bladder full and urinating in small amounts to simulate urge incontinence as per Egaleclc's recent thread.

I'm still getting back in the swing of diapers again after 20 years away from them but frankly the only reason I control the flow at all is to let the absorbent padding catch up. If I release too fast the diaper can't hold it all at once.  If I had a really thirsty diaper, I'd release everything as fast as possible.

49 minutes ago, DL-Boy said:

I'm still getting back in the swing of diapers again after 20 years away from them but frankly the only reason I control the flow at all is to let the absorbent padding catch up. If I release too fast the diaper can't hold it all at once.  If I had a really thirsty diaper, I'd release everything as fast as possible.

I needed to get to the place where I was releasing so frequently that at any "full" release wasn't much at all.  These days for me, this is semi-automatic.  I'm still quite continent (at least during the day) but it's a lot of very small releases.  If I become aware of any pee in my bladder, I immediately release all of it and make no attempt at modulation or pausing.  It's invariably not much anymore.  Another upside to this is that diapers can go quite a long way under this kind of usage pattern.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, RegressionRevolution said:

Heya, 

I've been tasked with wearing diapers 24/7. 

Recently on my tumblr I've been given advice that I should wet in small amounts rather than flooding but the 12 month guide suggests never holding your bladder if you can help it. 

Help me decide a way forward:

Don't hold it at all. As soon as you feel the need to pee, let it flow but don't force it out either. What you will find is soon you will be peeing more often but smaller amounts. If you hold it and keep your bladder full you are actually making your continence better not worse.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 9:49 PM, oznl said:

I needed to get to the place where I was releasing so frequently that at any "full" release wasn't much at all.  These days for me, this is semi-automatic.  I'm still quite continent (at least during the day) but it's a lot of very small releases.  If I become aware of any pee in my bladder, I immediately release all of it and make no attempt at modulation or pausing.  It's invariably not much anymore.  Another upside to this is that diapers can go quite a long way under this kind of usage pattern.

That's how I gain diaper dependence (sort of).  As soon I felt any pressure I released.  I would try to release a little bit every 10 minutes.    Eventually I got to the point where I put on diapers I can do it without flooding a diaper.