LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

DL-Boy introduction: hello!!

DL-Boy

I'm 58 years old, male and happily married.  I was into the ABDL scene in 94-95 before the abbreviation ABDL was known.  At the time I was a casual diaper wearer, mostly disposables, and had a baby NUK pacifier that I used.  I also have several 40" teddy bears that were purchased in the mid/late 90's, and I was known to sleep with one most nights (with my wife on the other side of me).  My wife was tolerant of my diaper wearing but didn't get into it herself, stating only that "I won't change you".  At that time I started wearing disposables intermittently in public, wetting them and even on several occasions, pooping in public.  I never wore them to work, but instead only when I was around town running errands or going out to eat with my wife.

I bought my first prefold flannels and plastic diaper cover pants from DPF back then (and I still have them).  I even got a footed pajama (Mickey Mouse) and changed the snap orientation to male (it was for plus-sized females).  I also enjoyed some of the AB stories and photos on the web back then, admittedly though most photos were no doubt staged and not genuine AB's.  During that time I was true AB and related to about a 2-3 year old with my teddy (bear) and my pacy (pacifier).

I hung up my diapers around 98-99 but I would still occasionally steal one of my wife's Depends while she wasn't home.

Now after a several day hospital stay back in May of this year, old interests (some of which I had always hidden) came to the surface.  I started by becoming a nudist around my house, which my wife was leery about but finally accepted.  Since that day I have stripped out of my street clothes as soon as I get home, every day.

A little background in what recently got me back into wearing diapers:   I've been troubled with BPH symptoms for years and since my hospital stay in May, I've been looking for ways to get some decent sleep at night without having to get up 2-3 times a night to pee.  I finally enlisted the help of a Urologist and he has been working with my insurance to get it taken care of, but prior to that, I started using various methods to help me sleep through the night without getting up several times a night to pee.  I tried external (condom) catheters and even have a urinal with a hose & recepticle by my bed.  I self-prescribed and self-administered intermittent catheters and foley catheters in an attempt to get some peaceful sleep.  The catheterizations came to a halt though after I had a nasty UTI that even with medication, caused one night of 104 degree fevers.  I still strip out of my clothes every evening when I get home.

I haven't decided yet whether I relate to the AB side or just the DL side, nor have I determined what my age range is if I do relate to it.  I did order a new adult-sized NUK pacifier though, so time will tell.  I still believe I more closely relate to pre-toddler to toddler age if it comes down to it,  maybe 2-3 years old.

In the past two weeks, I've gotten my old flannel prefolds back out and have been wearing them at night.  I'm still working to try to get a reliable "on-demand" pee while in bed but sometimes it may take me 30 minutes or longer to get my mind in the right place and stop trying too hard.  I found that distractions like watching a TV show that I'm really paying attention to or reading emails or articles on my cellphone help me to relax sufficiently to start a flow.  Since I'm in bed, in a diaper with a disposable bed-pad and another prefold underneath me, I can let the stream run as long as it has to for a complete void.  A much better solution than standing at the toilet for 30 minutes, three times a night, holding myself and praying for a stream.

Last week I discovered SnappiBaby cloth diaper closures and saw a demonstration on Youtube so I had to buy a set.  I got a three-pack of toddler sized Snappi's from Amazon and they're great, much better than diaper pins.

I wear two prefolds (doubled) at night with my plastic pants over.  I place a disposable bed pad down and put another prefold over it for absorbency.  Only a couple of times have I found the prefold and/or the bed-pad to be wet even though I almost always completely soak the doubled large flannel prefold diaper.  I have even used one or two Depend for Men, incontinence shields, inside the diaper to add absorbency.

My ultimate goal is to have nocturnal enuresis or bed-wetting, without loss of bladder control when I'm not in bed.  If I can somehow develop conditional enuresis that requires the contact with the diaper to open the gates, that would be wonderful too because I could wear and use diapers when I want and not worry about loss of bladder control when at work and not wearing them.  I believe that may just be a near-unattainable fantasy goal but I can hope.

I decided today to break (temporarily) with my nudism and wear a disposable during the day to try to get more used to voiding on demand.  Now I'm torn between my nude freedom and my diapers during the day at home!

Hi DL Boy, and welcome to DD. Nice to meet you, and good to have you join us. Enjoyed reading your intro, had to say “ouch” to your uti! Not fun. And I too love the Snappies, for my cloth diapers. I have written that company, in an attempt to get them to make those things for the adult crowd. Haven’t seen any interest in them actually doing so, although they said they would think about it. Anyway, I think you’ll do well here. Lots of good, likeminded people, and there’s lots of stuff here to help you. Whatever your interest comes down to, be it AB, or DL. Hope to see you round. Remember to, relax, have fun, and enjoy! 

Thanks for the welcome, AbabeBill.  It's good to find a forum of like-minded individuals after 25 years.  DPF (Diaper Pail Friends) had a news letter each month but it's not the same as having conversations in near real-time with others who can relate to what I'm into.

Well, I had an epiphany while I was out with my wife today.  While we were out to pick up her car from repair shop, I was commenting about my diaper, which I was wearing out in public for the first time since the 90's, stating that it was already wet and I was quite humid and sticky.  I said something like "but a baby's gotta do what a baby's gotta do", or something similar.

I then stopped talking, looked over at her and asked, "Did I just come out?", to which she replied, "YES."

That being said, I have now acknowledged to myself that I still have age regression desires, maybe not infantile but definately early toddler.  I even looked at the bottles, sippy cups and pacifiers at Walmart while we were out.  I didn't buy any though because I need size-appropriate products so I'll probably be looking at Babykins, Amazon, etc. to find something, including possibly some onesies.  I saw an interesting onesie on one website that made me think of a mullet somehow.  Business on top, baby on the bottom.  It was a sport shirt onesie with a button collar.  I don't think I'd get a fusion garment like that though because the top sport shirt portion is denying my desire.

I've changed my profile now to indicate AB instead of DL with Age Roll-play age of "Young Toddler, 2-3 years".  Going to get my fave teddy and get it vacuumed and cleaned up now so I can have my old friend with me at night (as well as my wife, of course).

I just found my 9 oz NUK baby bottle from 1994 with Baby Wile E. Coyote and Baby Road Runner.   Road Runner is my favorite cartoon!!! I LOVE some Road Runner!  I believe I've got all of the Road Runner cartoons ever made.

20190810_201225.jpg

20190810_201248.jpg

Edited by DL-Boy
Added photos of my bottle
3 hours ago, steviet said:

You are a fortunate (blessed) man to have a wife that understands your diaper life. 

I think so.  Thanks for saying so.  My wife snickered when I read your post to her but I told her this was a compliment to her understanding and then I thanked her for the same...

I even asked for her permission and she gave it provisionally, to allow me to post my profile picture.  She was concerned it would show too much.  I showed her that the photo was relatively tasteful, only showing my belly and legs which would be seen if I was to go out shirtless with shorts on.  I told her that I wouldn't upload it if she didn't approve, then she gave her approval. 

I know this sounds more like MDlb but she's not that way and wouldn't consider such a roll.

13 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

My ultimate goal is to have nocturnal enuresis or bed-wetting, without loss of bladder control when I'm not in bed.  If I can somehow develop conditional enuresis that requires the contact with the diaper to open the gates, that would be wonderful too because I could wear and use diapers when I want and not worry about loss of bladder control when at work and not wearing them.  I believe that may just be a near-unattainable fantasy goal but I can hope.

Hello DL-Boy and greetings from Australia!

I'm not sure that your objective above IS unattainable.

I started 24/7 wearing several months ago.  I've been wearing 24/7 contiguously now for a little over 4 months on this "shift".  The whole story is kind of blogged in the thread below:

https://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/topic/66171-strange-days-indeed-a-24-x-7-experiment/

The thing is, my daytime continence (as far as I can tell) has held up pretty well, even though I haven't been using it.  I suspect if I switched out back to big boy underwear at my next change, I'd have some urgency and some capacity limitations but given proximity to a bathroom, I could stay dry without difficulty.

But...  At night it's been a different story.  When I started out back in December, I'd wake up in the small hours, deliberately wet my diaper and go back to sleep.

After a few months, I found my bladder was waking me more than once during the night.  Often 2-3 times.  No drama.  More pee incidents but less volume incident: zero sum game.

Another month or so, and I started to find that I was so habituated to going in my diaper in bed that I wasn't waking up as much as I used to.  On some occasions, I concluded that I actually woke up to pee and fell back asleep still peeing:  I could remember starting to wet but never remember finishing, wake up later and be puzzled as to why my bladder was empty.  On the odd occasion I'd have a kind of hyper-realistic "pee dream" and I suspect I may have wet myself a bit during those.

A little over a week ago, I went to bed dry and woke up wet with no idea how that happened.  That's the first time in 52 years.  It also made me realise that my insight into night wetting was overall, not that great and I was waking up wetter than I thought I should be anyway.

YMMV as they say, but you might try some 24/7 and see how it goes for you.

I got a new diaper cover today with two more coming tomorrow.  Below is my duckies with three microfiber inserts.  The second photo is the duckies under my plastic pants.  Lastly, just to show off an old 20 year old outfit I picked up from a Walmart Ladies department and modified the female-style snap closure to male-style, my Mickey Mouse footie pajamas.

20190813_192449.jpg

20190813_192704.jpg

20190813_201834.jpg

Two more diaper covers today and my onesie.  Lil' Monsters.  My covers are blue and purple.  Below are several pictures of me in my onesie with my teddy bear.  Excuse the amateur attempt to blur my face, I promised my wife that I wouldn't post my face.  Maybe tomorrow I'll post photos of my blue or purple (or both) covers.

697415753_Onesieandteddybear.jpg.fb578874bd4567a3b97ac06d35fb2b94.jpg672020689_Onesiewithpacifier.jpg.492940ca4aa64a8db6f4236f81b6261c.jpg466717257_Sofawithteddy.jpg.a498682c769162e16f0ba49edab1269f.jpg1409907691_bottleonesie.jpg.4d8d00fb6b179ca9f9616d686b871a99.jpg

Two more diaper covers today and my onesie.  Lil' Monsters.  My covers are blue and purple.  Below are several pictures of me in my onesie with my teddy bear.  Excuse the amateur attempt to blur my face, I promised my wife that I wouldn't post my face.  Maybe tomorrow I'll post photos of my blue or purple (or both) covers.

697415753_Onesieandteddybear.jpg.fb578874bd4567a3b97ac06d35fb2b94.jpg672020689_Onesiewithpacifier.jpg.492940ca4aa64a8db6f4236f81b6261c.jpg466717257_Sofawithteddy.jpg.a498682c769162e16f0ba49edab1269f.jpg1409907691_bottleonesie.jpg.4d8d00fb6b179ca9f9616d686b871a99.jpg

Is that prune juice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As promised, below is a picture of my two new diaper covers, the blue and the purple.  Sorry, didn't have time to model them so I laid them out instead.479462714_Blueandpurplediapercovers.jpg.9542cbbbfa60187429f966a376850d9a.jpg

13 hours ago, scif788 said:

Is that prune juice

No but that does give one ideas...  No, it's actually diet Coke with Splenda.  I find it too sweet when I drink it from a can or straw, but with the reduced volume coming from the nipple, it tastes just fine.

I forgot to mention, both yesterday (Wednesday) and today were momentous days for me.  Due to my recent surgery and the urinary pain, urgency and risk of mild incontinence while recovering, Wednesday I wore a disposable pull-up diaper to work for the first time in my life (and used it, although sparingly until I got off work).  Today I wore, used and even changed pull-up diapers.  I changed at work when I got off for lunch, by going down to the small open mens restroom on the first floor of our building.  The only stall is a handicap stall so I had room to put my shoes, pants and my bag with the fresh diapers (the nylon fiber bag I got from the surgery center).  I changed once again in the family restroom at Walmart after I got off work.  The trick was to get a fresh diaper in with me without taking in the bag.  Fortunately, a Walmart "Assurance for Men" pull-up diaper can be folded once from top-to-bottom and it will fit in the back pocket of my jeans.  I just walked in, went back to the layaway/restroom area and checked in at the family room.  It was so easy and somewhat exhilarating to do this for the first (and second) times. 

Is it wrong of my to say I was proud of myself for dealing with this with such a carefree attitude?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I sooo wish I could find a onesie that would fit me! Plus size woman... No online company makes one that will fit my size range, I'm always just outside their size chart even for xxxl! They seem to be all made super small. 

8 hours ago, Mindylou said:

I sooo wish I could find a onesie that would fit me! Plus size woman... No online company makes one that will fit my size range, I'm always just outside their size chart even for xxxl! They seem to be all made super small. 

It would probably cost a bit more, but some sellers, especially like on eBay & Etsy, will make custom sizes. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

It would probably cost a bit more, but some sellers, especially like on eBay & Etsy, will make custom sizes. 

Good news! I found one .. ONE .. really cute one.. Rearz Lil Monsters.. and ordered it. I'll have it Friday ?

2 hours ago, Mindylou said:

Good news! I found one .. ONE .. really cute one.. Rearz Lil Monsters.. and ordered it. I'll have it Friday ?

Yah for you! ? I bet you can’t wait till then? Oh how good you’ll feel, I know you will. 

• Like 1
On 9/3/2019 at 12:58 PM, Mindylou said:

Cool.  The same pattern I have on my onesie.  Is yours blue too or does Rearz make other background colors for the "Lil' Monsters" pattern?