LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

GoodNites: The latest victim of KCWW’s redesigns.

The subject line sort of says it all, apparently GoodNites have gotten a redesign much like Huggies. I don’t have them in hand myself yet, but so far what I’m reading is a mixed bag of softer but with shoddy side panels that are too snug. There is some good news though—apparently KCWW is taking more flack for this than expected and seems to actually be surprised so maybe we’ll see a silent upgrade to the side panels soon too. It wouldn’t be the first time, I seem to recall a similar issue with the 2010 redesign back in the day being addressed swiftly too.

Okay, so without the product in hand I can’t do too much first hand commentary but here’s what I can comment on.

THE GOOD: New L/XL designs! These are long overdue for both boys and girls and I have a new favorite for both that I definitely hope stick around as long as the last designs did.

Boy’s prints: Space/Planets and stripes 

Girl’s prints: Space/Stars and cupcakes 

Okay, I’m not big on the stripes designs, but I love the planet designs for boys and the stars for girls. The cupcakes are super cute too, and we actually have prints that are truly different and not the thousandth butterflies and camo designs, yay!

THE BAD: The new packaging! 1984 called, it wants its bedazzled look and gradient back. I get it, the 80’s are back, and I actually don’t mind the gradient at all, but I do mind not seeing the diaper on the front of the package which is a design flaw that carried over from the previous packaging and was introduced around 2013 or so. And this brings me to...

THE UGLY: The fugly new logo. Seriously, whoever came up with this bedazzled mess should be canned. They were probably some idiot marketer with no concept of graphic design too based on my experience with how crap like this gets through. My biggest complaint is that the new logo is barely legible, and that alone makes it lower quality than the previous one which I considered a high point. At another level though, the bedazzled look, which I’m guessing is meant to be stars, doesn’t work and looks excessively girly. This is fine for girls GoodNites, but on the boys packaging, especially for the S/M size where it’s above The Hulk, it looks aggressively out of place, and comically so. The idea is good, the execution is awful. The previous logo was legible and didn’t look unintentionally gendered. I don’t mind an update, but I do mind a step backwards.

I’m still looking forward to actually trying these in person. My initial reactions would be a lot more positive if not for the reports of shoddy side panels. The logo is something I could always live with, but as someone who knows what good logos look like, seeing a bad one just bugs me. I would love to hear feedback on these from others who’ve tried them.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I like them  Dost see a real overall difference outside the new prints.. The material seems softer not not issue with the side.. I wish they could make them taller again.. buy oh well

This may be a really dumb question: Aren't you a bit big for these things? How do you get them on? Somehow, I'd have to put one on each leg and they still might be too small. Or do you have some alternate way of using them?

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile since I've been wearing Goodnites; I was always just on the edge of sizes, and instead opted to use Always discreet as my daytime work-wear pullup.

I was pleasantly surprised!  I have approximately 36in hips, and could gently stretch the sides of the Goodnites to comfortably pull them up.  The last time I tried on the old design I was tearing the sides while wearing for an extended time.

Now bear in mind, they're still Goodnights.  One wetting and done, and don't flood them or you'll be sorry.

On 11/4/2019 at 4:59 AM, Firefly 35 said:

What's changed from the old version?

• New designs
  • Different elastic materials
  • Tighter elastics that don't stretch as much

Comparing the old Owl-themed ones to the new Cupcake-themed ones, as a 34" waisted 34 year old, the new ones fit way more snugly to the point where it can be uncomfortable pressure on my balls, when I pull the goodnite up all the way. I find they are at minimum as absorbent as the old design, if not slightly more absorbent. I find them more comfortable if I pull them down an inch or so.

From what I've read in the community, KCWW has issued fixed packages in the states which have less-tight elastics. I bought a big box of the new ones though so it will be quite some time before I buy another bag of them.

• 2 months later...

I’ve heard that KCWW fixed the sides as well, if that’s true I’ll be very happy with these now.

Speaking of the new GoodNites, I was looking at  boxes of the S/M size for boys and girls today. The boys ones have radioactive symbols consistent with the “Hulk” theme, at least according to the little diaper image on one side of the box. The girls ones on the other hand have a “guitar” (or violin perhaps?) on them in the “Elena of Avalor” packaging. Is there some significance to the guitar/violin that I’m missing? Does anyone have pictures of this particular design?

Also speaking of pictures, is there any chance of seeing the following thread updated beyond 2014? Would be nice to have a comprehensive visual guide to North American/United States GoodNites prints, and this is the closest that I’ve seen to one on here.