LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shopping - Mini Rant - In This Day and Age? Really?

Yesterday I went into the store to purchase a body wash. I told a store assistant I was trying to decide between two fragrances and asked if she knew anything about them. She was helpful... but then she said "This is for women, hey". Of course I got all defensive, saying I don't recognise gender differences. But the point is I shouldn't have to. The only issue a store assistant should have is if I don't want to pay for it.

I could have been purchasing it as a gift (it was in a gift pack form). But I have been using that body wash for yeas as it is. It's a freaking soap. But no. There are soaps for females and soaps for males? Really?

This reminds me of the ridiculousness of that Ellen Show insert about a pen being designed especially for a female hand.

But really? In this day and age? I'm acually going back to the store today to complain about it. I imagine people probably get similar comments (I did once) about buying diapers. Of course, back then I didn't know how to respond, so I got flustered, embarrassed and defensive. God help anyone if they say anything to me today. I will ask to speak to a manager and ask if s/he has any issue with me purchasing the product and then inform him that the cashier does. I've had enough of being treated like that, regardless of the product.

As someone who is genderfluid (male sex) I will sometimes have people ask me if makeup or a fragrance I'm buying is a gift or blouses or skirts I'm buying are for someone else but it doesn't mean the person is trying to be offensive. They are usually just trying to help me get the right product or item.

Honestly, it sounds like they were trying to helpful and their last comment was more a "so you are aware" versus them having an issue or being insulting. Honestly it sounds like you want to be offended and make a big deal where there isnt one. I wasn't there so dont know how they said it but your description doesn't sound offensive at all.

Are there soaps for the male and female sexes, ABSOLUTELY. You may not recognize gender issues and that's your choice but this isn't a gender issue but it most definitely is a biological one. There are differences between skin pH, sweating, dryness, oiliness, etc., so it makes total sense that they would ask to ensure you got a product that works.

Sure, you can go back and complain but what does that do other than create problems? If the cashier had said something like "you're obviously a man so cant buy this", I'd be behind you 100% but they didnt. According to you what they said was a polite inquiry to help you get the right thing.

And before you think I don't understand, I'm openly genderfluid in my private and professional life. I have full wardrobes, skin care products, etc., I know what it's like to get questioned. Just maybe save your outrage for someone who was ACTUALLY  being offensive versus trying to be helpful.

Just the thoughts one one man and woman.