LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Male Bedwetters

A question for male bed wetters( nighttime incontinence). How do you reduce/eliminate leaking at night? Sounds simple, but obviously males tend to fill up the front long before the back of the diaper. Given that's the case, it seems way easier to leak if the urine is coming up as opposed to down. Something I've wondered from wearing to bed from time to time and trying to just wet wherever I am when I wake up, but hasn't gone too well with staying in. 

Switch to cloth at night, or wear cloth-lined plastic pants over your disposable.

Regular plastic pants over a disposable won’t stop a leak. You need something in the plastic pants to catch the leak.

As far as I'm concerned, you can't stop leaking completely.

Most of us probably have some kind of mattress protector. Some of us may use some kind of pad with a barrier in addition to the sheet. I can live with the sheet, but the pad is just too hot. So, to keep it at a dull roar. As stated in another similar topic, I  sleep on top of a prefold birdseye gauze weave cotton diaper. It gets wet, but until last night, has kept the bed sheets dry. It did work pretty good as the "wet area" of the sheet was very small. Didn't have to wash sheets today.

I with someone comes up with a better idea.

The absolute no.1 to minimize leaks is having your penis pointing downwards in the diaper. This way you have the most padding available for absorption. That will fill up the diaper more from between your legs rather than filling the front first and running out of absorption (= leaking) quicker.

For some men this is not comfortable due to the normal involuntary night time erections, which may not be able to reach full stiffness, causing pain. In that case I would recommend giving cloth diapers a try. Make sure you try one with a high waist line so that even with penis pointing upwards you still have plenty material to take care of you during the night.

By the way, if you wet while laying on your side every diaper will struggle with that. It's the most difficult position for a diaper to keep you dry. You mention you wet after you wake up. That usually means your bladder is quite full, so that stresses the diaper even more.

And finally: a mattress protector is your best friend! I always have a thin one from the disposable absorbing type on my bed to make sure leaks don't turn into a disaster. I like that better than plastic pants since they tend to get hot and sweaty real quick.

I don't usually wet while asleep but I do wake up and wet my diaper without moving I personally wear a thick disposable diaper with a wool diaper cover to keep me warm and absorb leaks then I wear a pair of PUL pants over it to prevent leaks I can't wear just a cloth diaper because cloth gives me diaper rash but the wool rarely gets wet anyways because I sleep propped up against my girlfriends chest which puts my bottom lower than every thing else so gravity keeps it from leaking 

Make sure your little friend down their is also pointed down and try not to sleep on your stomach. The first time, your body will try to go, "What the hell? How am I doing this? WAKE UP!" and if it does, you'll wake up part way through wetting. 

All of these responses are insightful. I've heard a lot of people around talk about cloth being good for night time, but I've never worth cloth so I don't know how exactly that helps better, but clearly it does. Perhaps some research is overdue. Also, man it sounds a lot more complicated for males than females with this subject. Yay anatomy :P

Oh yeah. 1 thing I've noticed is I have been waking up on my back every time I wear to bed. Not to pee, but just from waking up. Probably hormones getting in the way. Used to never be able to sleep on my back and now it's getting a lot easier. Was usually a stomach sleeper. The body is a funny thing

Leaks happen to the best of us. I wet heavily or maybe several times during the night. I don't know as I always sleep through the wettest of nights. I wear tena maxi slips held in place with net fixing pants with a pair of incco pants over them and a two pairs of water proof pants. One plastic and the top layer nylon. Even with this combination my bed often gets wet but I no longer care. I place a washable pad under my sheet which is a flanelette one. This way the bed stays warm and comfortable even when wet,.

• Like 1

I don’t usually wet while asleep. The sensation of a full bladder awakens me. But when I get up, I wet myself uncontrollably before I get even half way to the bathroom. So I’ve learned that trying to get up is pointless. Also after getting up, it takes me at least a half hour or so to go back to sleep. So I just wet me diaper immediately and then can usually go back to sleep almost immediately.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, adhb said:

I don’t usually wet while asleep. The sensation of a full bladder awakens me. But when I get up, I wet myself uncontrollably before I get even half way to the bathroom. So I’ve learned that trying to get up is pointless. Also after getting up, it takes me at least a half hour or so to go back to sleep. So I just wet me diaper immediately and then can usually go back to sleep almost immediately.

On rare occasions when I wake I just do the same. Usually I am only half awake.

100_3510.JPG

• Like 1
3 hours ago, adhb said:

But when I get up, I wet myself uncontrollably before I get even half way to the bathroom. So I’ve learned that trying to get up is pointless. Also after getting up, it takes me at least a half hour or so to go back to sleep. So I just wet me diaper immediately and then can usually go back to sleep almost immediately.

ALL us guys should learn from you!!!  Forget the middle of the night bathroom trips! Screw the pills! Wet your diaper and go back to sleep! WOW. :wub:

• Like 1

In wet the bed maybe 15 nights a month. I have had leaks more than once, but they are rare. I just use a really good diaper (PeekABU at the moment) and make sure I'm pointed down since I'm a stomach sleeper. Probably goes without saying, but I always put on a dry diaper right before bed. Make sure the top tabs on the diaper are tight to prevent it leaking out the top. And yea, double mattress protector in effect.

14 hours ago, ppdude said:

Sounds like lined plastics are the way to go for disposables. Where do y'all like to get them from and how do you size them?

I get mine from Babykins. It's a Canadian on-line store. I wear a medium disposable diaper. My terry lined plastic pants are a large. The size up works for me.

14 hours ago, ppdude said:

ALL us guys should learn from you!!!  Forget the middle of the night bathroom trips! Screw the pills! Wet your diaper and go back to sleep! WOW. :wub:

So true.

18 hours ago, stevewet said:

On rare occasions when I wake I just do the same. Usually I am only half awake.

100_3510.JPG

That’s a pull-up! Of course it leaked in bed.

3 hours ago, diaperpined said:

I use a double diaper with a prefold as a booster, a good plastic pant and  a washable bed pad over the sheet. Seldom do I have a leak.

Holy crap! If I did that I'd be so far off the bed I'd have to take an elevator to get up!!! ?

A cloth diaper a night has the advantage of having absorbent material wrapping all the way around the sides.  For side sleepers, this is critical.  Disposable diapers don't absorb fast enough to keep the urine from running along the surface of the diaper or the wearer's abdomen to the sides where there is no absorbent material; so it just leaks out the overlap and into the bedding.

When I was younger, I tried pointing the penis down to prevent leaks.  That was a fairly futile exercise, since most males get several erections during the night while asleep.  As a result, the penis will eventually resume its natural position pointing up with its outlet very near the waistband of the diaper.  The solution I used was to fold over the top of the diaper in front to get a good fit and additionally provide more absorbent material where the urine was being excreted.  This solution worked most of the time but wasn't completely effective.  Thus, some form of bedding protection is necessary.

A cloth underpad is probably the most effective.  I put it under the mattress pad and sheets.  Recently, I've found that pads made by Pea Pods work well and have a breathable backing making them more comfortable to sleep on.

• Like 1

Terry cloth nappy works for me (and has done for over 25 years). I make my own shaped nappies with two layers of terry and a layer of brushed cotton. Then for night time I add a soaker of two more layers of terry. Then Suprima plastic pants over the top and I rarely get leaks. Terry fabric comes in different thicknesses. The best I have found is 550 gram, very thirsty, soft and comfortable. Then take a look at Saveexpress a company in Germany with a great range of inco/abdl stuff. I have also reverted to my childhood flannelette sheets, if you do leak they are more absorbent and still comfortable when wet.

3 hours ago, Greybird said:

Terry cloth nappy works for me (and has done for over 25 years). I make my own shaped nappies with two layers of terry and a layer of brushed cotton. Then for night time I add a soaker of two more layers of terry. Then Suprima plastic pants over the top and I rarely get leaks. Terry fabric comes in different thicknesses. The best I have found is 550 gram, very thirsty, soft and comfortable. Then take a look at Saveexpress a company in Germany with a great range of inco/abdl stuff. I have also reverted to my childhood flannelette sheets, if you do leak they are more absorbent and still comfortable when wet.

I always use flannelette sheets for the same reason. If I leak the bed stays comfortable.

• Like 1