LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (Final chapter posted 12/21/20)

Chapter 18

“It’s not like she’s gonna hurt him,” Becky was telling Amanda.

“That’s not what I’m worried about,” Amanda responded. They were out of options. It had to be done. “Let’s go tell him.”

They walked to the living room, where Jamie didn’t hear them coming. He always wondered how such large creatures could be so quiet. They were always sneaking up on him, especially when he was in the playpen. Why he was in the playpen, he didn’t know. They weren’t going anywhere, and they weren’t getting ready for company, but he had just shrugged when Becky had asked him if he’d chill in there for a bit.

“Hey, Jamester,” Becky said as she interrupted him at his coloring book and picked him up. “Can we talk for a moment?” Jamie sighed. What now? As if life hadn’t been one damn thing after another for what seemed liked weeks, what now?

“No,” Jamie said.

“What?”

“You have bad news,” Jamie explained. “I’ve decided you can’t give me any more bad news, so no, we can’t talk.”

“It’s not bad news, Jamie,” Amanda assured him, though she had been the one who was worried about it. He eyed her suspiciously.

“It is, too, bad news, or you wouldn’t both be delivering it.” Unregressed littles are perceptive and hard to fool.

“Just listen. Mom and I are in a jam. We’re both going out tonight.”  

“Mel’s coming over?” That was terrific news.

“She’s busy, too,” Becky said.

“Oh. Amy?”

“Also busy.”

“Lauren and Danny?”

“Out of town.”

“Jane?”

“Had plans.”

“Maria?” Amy’s mom. Perfectly nice lady.

“Is going out with Amy.” Who did that leave?

“Andrea?” He wasn’t a huge fan, but she was nice enough.

“Sorry,” Becky said.

“Who then,” Jamie asked. “Not your mom,” he said to Becky. As far as he knew, they weren’t even in contact anymore. He shuddered to remember that experience.

“Of course not,” Becky said. Good. No one had mistreated him like she did, not in four years in Itali.

“Jamie,” Amanda said. She sighed and held out her arms, and Becky, recognizing the seriousness of this moment, handed him over. “Jamie Bear … Donna is gonna come over.” There. She said it.

“Aw, crap!”

“James Patrick!” Becky double-named him; she was less tolerant of his potty mouth now than she was when he first arrived.

“But …” Jamie stuttered and twisted his face and bit his lip. “But … there has to be … can I stay home alone?”

“Sorry, buddy,” Amanda said. He’d never been left home alone, and they weren’t about to start now. What kind of big would leave a little alone, even an unregressed one? The kind who didn’t deserve their littles, that’s who.

Jamie considered his options. He could ask to go with them, but he knew if that were an option, it would have been offered. He could ask one of them to stay home, but he didn’t want to do that.

“I think I know the answer to this,” Jamie said, “but hear me out. What if we went down to the bus station and found a vagabond to look after me?”

Jamie spent the afternoon following Amanda around. Where was she going that she hadn’t told him?

“So,” he said as he sat on her bed watching her get dressed, “who’s your date with?” Kazoo was next to him.

“Who said I’m going out on a date?”

“You’re wearing perfume. You only ever wear that when you’re going out on a date.”

“Is it too much?”

“No. It’s nice. What is it?”

“Lilac and vanilla.”

“I like it. Do I know him?”

“Are you worried about tonight?” Wow, Jamie thought, avoiding the subject much?

“About Donna? No. Maybe I’ll just ask to go to bed early.”

“I’ll already talked to her and asked her to be mellow.”

“How excited was she when you asked her?”

“So excited,” Amanda said with a half-smile, half-frown.

“Ya know, it seemed once a upon a time she had figured out not to gush at me. I think that lasted about a day.”

Amanda stopped and sat next to him. “You’ll just have to endure her attention for a little bit. You’ll be in bed three hours after she gets here, anyway.”

“I know.”

“And she can’t babble at you the whole time.”

“Why does she even do that? I have a bigger vocabulary than she does.” Or at least so far as he could tell, because she rarely even put together a grammatically correct sentence when talking to him.

“Anything I can do to make it more bearable?”

“Can I have a beer?”

“No, you can’t, buster,” she said as she poked him in the ribs. “Just for trying I ought to tickle you silly,” she said as she playfully poked at his arm pits as he clamped his arms to his sides.

“Maybe a bottle before she gets here, then,” he giggled.

“I can’t deny a bottle to a little boy. Can I finished getting dressed first?”

“Of course.”

“Why don’t you go see if Mom is ready yet.”

Even better, Jamie thought, straight from the source. She didn’t usually feed him this time of day, but she rarely put him off if he asked. Amanda helped him off her bed and sent him on his way with a pat on his butt. She noted he was wet, but he was, like all littles, almost always wet to some degree. It could wait.

Jamie walked down the hallway wondering if it made sense for him to move up here, take over Manda’s room, when she moved out. He didn’t like the idea of it not being her room anymore, or of climbing the steps every time he wanted something from his room, but then he always found it odd that his room was on the first floor and theirs were on the second.

“Mom,” he said as he walked into her room. “Mom?”

“In here, Baby Bear,” Becky answered from the en suite bathroom. He walked in and watched her get ready. She was focused on her eye liner.

“Can I have some milk before you go?”

“Sure. Wanna go wait on Mama’s bed, and I’ll be there in a minute?”

Jamie turned around and saw Kazoo right behind him. He approached the bed, and Kazoo, smart dog that he was, squatted backward and jumped for it, easily launching himself on top. He pawed the covers and laid himself down. Jamie’s technique was less athletic. He approached the bed, lifted his foot as high as he could to reach the bedframe, grabbed the covers, and pulled himself up. Or he tried to. The covers shifted, and he fell backward, landing with a thud on his butt. Kazoo looked at him, and Jamie reflected on the fact that the best thing about dogs’ many wonderful qualities is that they never judge you.

“Uh oh,” Becky said from behind. “Well, you can’t hit that mark every time,” she said as she picked Jamie up by the armpits and patted his butt. “Let’s get you fed, hmm?”

Becky didn’t wear perfume, and Jamie liked that. He liked her smell. He always wondered why he was able to notice that more on bigs than on humans. Maybe it was the lotion Becky used before bedtime, or the soap she preferred. Maybe it was just that he associated it with being snuggled into her chest. Whatever it was, Jamie liked it.

She sat down on the bed and unbuttoned the top of her blouse. She didn’t think she’d be feeding him before she left, so she had on a regular bra, which she pulled out of the way for Jamie, never the most comfortable thing, but she didn’t want to get undressed. “Here,” she said as she leaned back flat on the bed with her head propped on her pillow. She laid Jamie on top of her, and he did the rest.

“Ohh! Gentle, buddy,” she said as she stroked his hair. He was feeling anxious. “There’s my good boy.” She still liked this as much as she had the very first time. The sensation of his lips tugging on her, the soft feel of his cheek, the warmth of him, the weight of him. She switched sides after a few minutes. “Who’s Mama’s favorite bear,” she whispered.

When Jamie was done, he let her go and nestled his head in her breasts as he yawned. “Urp!”

“Excuse you,” Becky said playfully.

“Sorry.”

“You get enough?”

“Mhmm.” If anything, too much, Becky knew.

Becky reached for her phone. She was now running late.

“I gotta get moving,” she said as she sat up. Jamie lay heavy against her. “C’mon, up you go,” she said as she hoisted him to a sitting position. He sat on the covers feeling wobbly and content. “You okay,” she asked.

“Hmm?”

“You’re fine,” she chuckled as she fixed her top. “Let’s go see if Manda is ready yet.” She carried him back down the hall with Kazoo following.

“Manda?”

“Yeah, Mom?” the door was cracked, so Becky went in. Amanda was laying on her bed with her phone in hand.

“I gotta go. Can you take this little fella?” She set Jamie on her bed, and he crawled toward the top, letting himself collapse next to her. “Don’t you have to go soon?”

“About a half hour. Donna should be over by then.”

“Be safe,” Becky said. “And you be a good boy. Mama will see you in the morning.” Jamie flipped himself over.

“I wanna kiss,” he said.

“Oh,” Becky cooed, “You wanna kiss goodnight?” She came around the side of the bed, bent over Manda to get to Jamie, and kissed him on the cheek. “How’s that?”

“Better,” he sighed.

“Night-night, baby,” Becky said as she back out of the room.

“And then there were two,” Jamie said as he rolled on to his side facing Manda.

“You still didn’t tell me who you’re going out with,” Jamie said.

“No one you know.”

“Be sure to tell him I said hello.”

“What?”

“People love to be told ‘hello!’” Amanda laughed. Jamie always made jokes when nervous, whether for himself or for them. “Think about it. ‘So-and-so says hello.’ And you think, ‘How considerate of so-and-so.’ People love that.” Joke or not, Amanda knew that Jamie had better insight into people than she did. He always had, since his arrival.

“I’ll remember.”

“Do we have time for more milk?”

“Did you not get enough?”

“There’s always room for more.” She picked him up, and he laid his head on her shoulder. She started downstairs with Kazoo following.

“You want it in a cup or a bottle?”

“Bottle, please … do you think I could have it with one of those air sickness pills?”

“How ‘bout no,” Amanda chuckled.

“Rats.”

She got to the kitchen and opened the fridge. “Warm or cold?”

“Cold.” She poured the bag into a bottle, shifted Jamie so she was cradling him, and put the nipple to his lips. He eagerly took it.      

Geez, she wondered, Donna isn’t that bad, is she?

“Are you just trying to get good and milk drunk before Donna gets here?”

“That too,” Jamie said around the nipple. Well, Manda thought, he’s entitled to it after the week he’s had. The one person they hadn’t asked to sit for him was Stacy. Becky and Amanda agreed she had enough on her plate and probably wanted the time alone with Ella, and they knew Jamie would have agreed, much as he always wanted to see Ella. Amanda sat down in a kitchen chair while Jamie, his hands at his sides, finished the bottle and stretched out his tiny limbs.

“All gone,” Manda sang.

“Hehe. All gone,” Jamie mimicked.

“Let’s go wait in the living room.” Manda put the bottle on the table and carried Jamie just like he was. She put him on the carpet, and he fell to all fours and reached for the dog, pulling him close and then rolling over on to his back with the dog on top. The doorbell rang as Amanda was sitting down on the couch. She wasn’t surprised; she expected Donna to be a few minutes earlier than early.

“There she is,” Amanda said. “You be a good boy for her. No bad reports.”

“Oh, like she hears a word I say anyway,” Jamie said as he rubbed Kazoo’s ears.

“Well, be nice anyway.” Amanda opened the door. “Hi.”

“Hi,” Donna exclaimed. “Thanks for asking me to sit.”

“Thanks for being available.”

“Are you kidding? I canceled plans! I’ve been waiting four years to get to sit for this guy. You and your mom gotta get out more.”

Ha! She thinks they don’t get out, Jamie laughed to himself. They just don’t call you when they do.

“Well, come in.” Amanda led Donna into the living room, where Jamie was batting at Kazoo, trying to goad him into a wrestling match. “He’s been fed, and I wrote down his bedtime routine on the fridge. He got a bath this afternoon, so he should be good for that. Any questions?”

“Nope!”

Amanda turned back to Jamie, bent over him, and pried him away from Kazoo. “See you in the morning, Jamie Bear.”

“Be safe, Manda.”

“I will be.” She gave him a kiss and set him back down.    

“He’s in good hands,” Donna assured her. Jamie sighed as she walked to the entryway and out the door.

Donna stood over him and looked down with her hands on her hips. “Just the two of us.”

“Three,” Jamie said as he pulled Kazoo into his lap. “I think you know Kazoozle.”

“Kazoozle?”

“This furry thing.” Donna got down on the floor next to them, laying on her side with her head propped up her hand, elbow against the floor.

“Is dat your puppy? Hmm? Is dat your wittle guy?”

Jamie closed his eyes so he could roll them more politely. Wow. Just wow. “May I have a cookie, please?”

“A cookie,” she squeaked.

“It’s my ‘wittle guy’ and we’d like a cookie,” Jamie said. If she’s gonna phrase things as questions

“Coming right up. Are you good in here on your own?”

“Um, yeah?” Donna was up and back in a flash with a cookie.

“What do you say,” she said as she held it out.

“Please,” Jamie replied tersely. He reached his head out Kazoo-style and took a bite of the soft cookie straight from her hand. I already said ‘please’. She handed him the remainder.

“What do you want to do tonight?”

“Can we watch a movie?”

“Of course!” Donna spotted the remote on the couch and reached for it, then sat back down on the floor. “What do you wanna watch?”

“Can I just flip until I find something?”

“Do you know how to work it?”

“Work what?”

“The remote.” Jamie looked at her closely, trying to discern if she was joking. He didn’t think in four years he had ever heard her tell a joke, at least a not a funny one.

“Yes, I know how to work the remote.” She handed it to him, and he turned around and started flipping through the channels. He paused on a nature documentary. A bird plucked a fish from a lake.

“Oh!” She snatched the remote away and flipped the channel.

“What?”

“Too violent for littles. It’ll give you nightmares.”

“About birds?”

“Here,” she said as she turned to a channel for young children. “This is more age-appropriate.”

Age? Jamie took a deep breath. Count to ten. Just count to ten. She doesn’t know better. She’s just a kid. “May I have some milk?” He was full, but anything to keep the edge off.

“Uh huh! Is you firsty?”

“Am I what?”

“Firsty.” Jamie felt his eye twitch.

“Sure. That’s what I am.” You nit.

She at least came back with a sippy cup, and halfway through it, he once more caught Donna staring at him while he drank.

“You was firsty!”

“Alright,” Jamie said after he’d swallowed. He was feeling pretty loose with the almost two liters of breast milk he’d had. “You know what your problem is, Donna? Subject-verb agreement. That’s your problem. And this speech impediment. I’m worried about you.”

“Huh?”

“It’s ‘are you thirsty.’ And, Im’a be honest, the school system here should’ve recognized your speech difficulty when you were like, six, and gotten you into speech therapy. I’m concerned employers are going to hold that against you now that you’re out of school.”

They looked at each other. Jamie wanted some kind of reaction, something that said Donna finally saw him as a person or at least recognized that she was, as always, talking down to him. And she looked back at him with her usual blank, little-blind expression. Nothing. Alright; whatever.

“Donna,” Jamie said.

“Mhmm?”

“Could you please put the rest of this in a bottle? I wanna snuggle.”

“You do?” She got teary.

“Yes.” It’ll make you happy, and it’ll be quiet.

“Awww!”

Hours later, Jamie stirred in his sleep. “Hey, Manda,” he said with closed eyes. He recognized her hands.

“Hey,” she whispered.

“Is it late,” he asked with his eyes half closed.

“It’s not tomorrow yet. I thought I’d check on you before I went to bed. Good thing I did, too. You need your pants changed.”

“I was having the weirdest dream. I was a fish, and this eagle came and plucked me out of this lake.”

“Uh huh.” She stepped over to the changing table and got a clean diaper and some wipes.

“Where’s my bottle,” he asked. Amanda searched his blankets and found the bottle of water she always put him to bed with. Donna had followed directions. Jamie sucked down a few swallows. “I think I had to much milk.”

“I’ll say,” Amanda said as she opened his diaper. “Did you have fun with Donna?”

“What did Donna say?”

“That’s she never had more fun with you. What did you do?”

“I let her feed me a bottle and hold me until I fell asleep.”

“That was sweet of you.” Amanda pushed Jamie’s knees back and wiped his bottom.

“She’s quieter that way … Maybe you ought to try it with her some time.”

“Well, thank you for being patient with her.”

“How was your date?”

“It was okay.” She pulled the diaper out from under him, gave his butt another pass, and with one hand opened the new diaper and slid it under him. She lowered his butt, and pulled the diaper up through his legs. “Feel better?” She rolled up the dirty diaper and threw into the pail.

“Mhmm.”

“C’mon,” she said as she lifted him on to her shoulder. “Got your baba?” She picked up his bear and carried him upstairs. He was asleep again, and she put his bear in his arms. She drew back her covers, laid him in, got herself undressed, and climbed in after him.

See, she thought as she scooched close to him. He’s a happy bitty little if you treat him right. Maybe she could teach Donna one day, or maybe not.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Jamie knows how to handle the challenged people ........ I personally would been mom forgot my pills oh yes Donna there motion pills yup those the ones . ???, ? Might got corner time later but would have been so worth it ?

• Haha 1

I love it when Jamie is trying to get milk drunk. He’s like a collage student trying to obtain alcohol, so they can get buzzed. I, of course, wouldn’t have any experience in such matters...

• Like 1

Chapter 19

“How does that one feel?”

“The same.” Jamie was doing his best to keep his voice even and his eyes from rolling.

“Okay,” Becky said as she picked him up and put him on the next one. She gave him an expectant look.

“Same.”

“Hmm,” Becky said as she tapped her foot. “You’re about to throw a tantrum, aren’t you?”

“I wouldn’t say ‘about.’ But definitely before we get to the end of this row.” He turned his head and looked across ten more changing tables. “They’re tables. They all feel the same.”

“Well,” Becky said, “is there one you like more than the others?”

“Not really. Just pick whichever one you think is most functional.” I just sit on it, Jamie thought, ya’ll are the ones who need to use it.

“Well, we don’t have to pick anything today. We got time. We’ll wait until Amanda can come with us. Are you hungry?”

“Yes,” he said as he sat up. “Where are we meeting Jane?”

“There’s a new taco place.”

“Ooh. That sounds good. Feels like forever since I saw Rosie.”

“It’s been a busy summer, hasn’t it? It’s only a few weeks old still. Walk or carry?”

“Walk, please.” Becky helped him down, and they walked back toward the entrance past the rest of the nursery furniture.

Jamie paused. “Can I try that?”

“A bed?”

“Yeah, just a bed.” A little-sized bed.

“Sure,” Becky said hesitantly. Jamie got on by himself. “How is it?”

“Comfortable. Maybe wouldn’t want this mattress, but ...”

“Hmm?”

“I like that I can get in and out of it myself.”

The exact reason Becky didn’t like it. A small part of her worried about him falling out, but really, she just didn’t want her little boy graduating out of his crib.

“What if ...” And she had resisted this for four years. “What if we got you one of those instead,” Becky said, nodding toward a step stool designed to hook over the edge of a crib platform. “That way you can climb in and out whenever the railing is down.”

“That’s an idea,” Jamie said, though he sounded doubtful. “Could we, uh, keep the rail down during the day?” He just got lifted in and out, and they rarely thought to lower the rail. He hoped off the bed. “It’s just that sometimes I wanna get in there myself during the day. Ya know, just to lay there and read a book or something.”

“Okay. We’ll get one when we come back,”  Becky said, hoping he’d forget. It was an acceptable compromise, but she still didn’t want to.

The new restaurant still had that new restaurant look, with everything still shiny and the staff chipper. “Can I start you guys off with anything while you wait,” the waitress asked when Becky told her there’d be two more.

“We’d like a bowl of queso,” Jamie said before he caught himself, “if that’s alright.”

“Yes, please,” Becky said, smiling at Jamie.

“Sorry,” he said.

“For what? You can order what you want.” Jamie had been drifting in that general direction for a while now, asking permission more often. Becky assumed it was just a natural instinct as a little, but she hoped she never made him feel like he needed to ask for tiny things. It was a relief, really, that he exerted some independence. She loved taking care of him, but she was in no way jealous of people with infant-stage littles and all the work that entailed.

The waitress returned with their queso. “And for the young gentleman ...” Suddenly there was a paper hat on his head. He peered upward, grimaced, and plucked the hat from his head.

“He ...” Becky started to say.

“Thinks you should wear it,” he said to the waitress.

“You think I should wear it,” the young woman asked. “But I don’t think it will fit,” she said as she put it on top her head. “See? It’s for little boys.”

“I don’t like it when people touch me without permission,” Jamie said to her. He said it kindly, but firmly. Amanda and Becky has spent a lot of time rehearsing scenarios like this with him, with Mary’s guidance, and it had paid off in the form of fewer angry outbursts. The sarcasm was something they just learned to live with, even appreciated at times, though Manda found it more amusing than Becky did.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” the waitress said.

“That’s okay,” Jamie said. He looked across the restaurant at another little who was on the edge of a tantrum and considered that he could always respond that way. Most littles took things like this in stride, but a few, like him and the little over there, didn’t. Just because a dog doesn’t bite doesn’t mean he likes strangers hugging him, Jamie thought.

“Good job, Jamie,” Becky said when the woman left. “Very we’ll handled.” She was always sure to offer praise at these times, like Mary had taught her to.

“Hey,” Jane said as she arrived with Rosie on her hip. “How’s my favorite guy?” Jamie likes that Jane always greeted him first. It made him feel special.

“Okay. Hi, Rosie.”

“Where did you find that romper for her? It’s adorable,” Becky said.

“I found this craft website. I’ll send you the link. All these individual sellers make the cutest things.”

Jamie looked at Rosie and tried to discern whether she was going to be communicative today or not. She reached for a chip as soon as Jane sat down.

“So did you guys find anything good at the furniture store?”

“Got some ideas.”

“Did you enjoy it, Jamie? Getting to pick out your things?” Jane knew quite well Jamie didn’t like shopping, though she hoped this kind of shopping would be more fun for him.

“Kinda. Changing tables feel pretty much the same. It’s just the pad that feels different, and you can get those anywhere.” He likes the one he had and figured they’d just order another.

“Mhmm. But what about the color and the design? What color do you want?”

“I don’t know yet. I guess the apartment walls will be beige. Everything goes with beige.” Apartment walls in every dimension are beige.

“We can paint them,” Becky said. Jamie had never painted an apartment. Why improve something he didn’t own and would have to undo when he moved out?

“I like painting,” Rosie volunteered. “I painted a picture yesterday.”

“What did you paint?”

“A piece of paper.” Perhaps Becky didn’t pick up the twinkle in her eye, but Jamie did. Becky chuckled at what she thought was a misunderstanding, not a joke.

“I meant what did you paint a picture of, silly.”

“Trees.”

“Rosie’s daycare is putting on a play soon. She’s gonna be the star,” Jane told them.

“I’m Forester Number 2.”

“And you’ll be the star,” Jane said. “You get to sing. She’s totally gonna upstage that new kid,” Jane explained to Becky.

“Whoa. Stage Mom over here,” Becky said with a laugh.

“Well, it’s true. That should’ve been Rosie’s part.”

“They’re just trying to make her feel special,” Rosie said. “She’s been sad. Plus, it’s a daycare play. Who cares?”

“I care,” Jane said. “I want everyone to see how terrific you are.”

“Are there such things as littles choirs,” Jamie asked. “Would you want to be in one?”

“Only if they don’t suck,” Rosie said as she reached for another chip.

Becky suppressed a grin. She liked that Rosie was regressed just enough to feel uninhibited but not so much she couldn’t express herself. The waitress came back and took orders.

“So how are you doing, Jamie? I heard it’s not been the easiest summer for you,” Jane said. Becky has caught her up on some but not all of the details.

“I’m getting by.” He had asked to make an appointment with Mary, and at the urging of her attorney, Stacy had decided to stop taking Ella to the Department’s psychologist and start taking her to Mary, too.

“We’re all getting by,” Becky added. Taking care of Ella this summer was causing her a lot more stress on top of Amanda’s impending move. It wasn’t that Ella needed more care. It was just that Becky was worried about her and felt compelled to keep a close eye on her and Jamie, physically and emotionally, which meant more emotional labor for her. Stacy said again and again how grateful she was.

“I hope you guys are having fun, too. Not all furniture shopping.”

“We have plans with Lauren and Danny for this week. We’re going to Five Pennants.”

“Any other fun plans?”

“Well, the beach, of course. And what else? Ooh, we’re going to do to Schneider’s one day. And we’ll make it up as we go along.”

“Apartment hunting,” Jamie added.

“What do you want in a new apartment,” Jane asked.

“That’s a good question,” Becky said. “We haven’t really talked about that.”

Jamie hadn’t really thought much about it. He figured there wasn’t much to consider, assuming Amanda had a pretty low price point and some amenities would be out of the question. “New carpet,” Jamie said.

“Why that?”

“Because I play on the floor a lot.”

“What about a pool,” Jane suggested.

“Do you think they’d let me swim in it?”

“Maybe.”

“Manda said we could go camping before she moved,” Jamie decided to say. He didn’t know if she had told Becky.

“That would be fun,” Becky said. “It would have to be just the two of you, though. I work very hard so I can sleep indoors,” Becky quipped.

“ … not to mention his arrival day,” he heard Jane say.

“What about my arrival day?”

“Just talking plans. I thought we’d celebrate it next weekend.”

“Oh. I was wondering about that.”

“You’re still okay celebrating is late, right?” Becky had been so worried he’d be hurt because she had booked their trip during his arrival day. It was more important to her than to him, but she never could let it go.

“I’m not,” Jamie teased, “But Kazoo is. He arrived at our house on the same day, too.”

“You should make him a cake,” Rosie said. “He likes cake.”

“How do you know,” Jane asked. Rosie blushed and tried to look innocent.

“Ooh, tacos,” Rosie changed the subject as though she had just discovered her already half-eaten lunch in front of her.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Author_Alex said:

“It’s been a busy summer, hasn’t it? It’s only a few weeks old still.”

Would that this were also the case in our dimension...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, kerry said:

Would that this were also the case in our dimension...

Here here! But Autumn is nice, too. Better, in some ways. Sweaters and jeans and the thicker diapers that hide under them. ?

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Sarah Penguin said:

Summer is the worst season! winter best, autumn second, spring third :)

Winter here is, at best, grey and wet. When the sky does clear, it's freezing. Last winter especially. It was just blegh outside from late november through April. We didn't get a Spring. It was suddenly just summer, though it's been a mild one.

Fun new chapter and I am glad they changed Ella’s psych person. Good ones are hard to find. Lol. I like Rosie and Jamie’s relationship, very fresh and welcoming and cute all at the same time. I think Jamie baking is good and hope he pushes some independence a bit but not too much. I look forward to more as always!

8 hours ago, SGTbaby said:

Fun new chapter and I am glad they changed Ella’s psych person. Good ones are hard to find. Lol. I like Rosie and Jamie’s relationship, very fresh and welcoming and cute all at the same time. I think Jamie baking is good and hope he pushes some independence a bit but not too much. I look forward to more as always!

Jamie baking is a great idea! They’re making cookies later.

• Like 1

Sorry I haven't commented in a couple chapters, been busy.

I've really enjoyed it thus. While I'm not looking forward to how the Sophy and Ella(I think I got the names right lol) dilemma is going I know it has to happen in order to move forward. 

As for the appartment, I don't think Manda should move out, it would make her mommy cry, she just can't grow up, I won't allow it. (Sadly, unless you're a little in this story, you have to grow up apparently) 

I know, while Manda and Jamie are at the beach they see an Amazon Amanda's age trying to hide the fact she's wearing a diaper under her swin suit or see her getting changed by her mommy and find out she's on diaper punishment for acting like a little or something.  Just my crazy imagination going at it again, oh I know, they walk by a mother and daughter Amazons, the daughter looks as old as Amanda and they overhear the mother threatening to put her back in diapers like a little if she doesn't start acting her age.

Another fantasy I keep having is that Amanda finds out that because of the trauma her mom went through as a child, mostly during her teenage years, that her mom has a diaper fetish and dresses and acts like a baby when no one is around. 

Great story, I can't wait for more. 

• Haha 1

Thanks for the idea @SGTbaby!

Chapter 20

“How’s the job hunt going,” Amanda asked Mel.

“Well, I’m here in the middle of the day. You do the math.”

“You’ll find something.”

“Don’t get too impatient,” Jamie chimed in. “Unless you go into teaching you’re not gonna get another summer vacation for a very long time.”

“What kind of job are you looking for,” Ella asked.

“The kind that pays well enough for me to move out. I’ll take just about anything.”

“What did you major in?”

“Design, but I’d be happy to work anywhere for a while. All my classmates interned somewhere, so it was easy for them to find something. Some of us couldn’t afford to work for free, though, so ...”

“Ok,” Becky said as she came in through the door with grocery bags. “We have chocolate, raisins, oatmeal, and nuts.” The activity for the day at Webb’s Kitchen and Daycare was making cookies for a barbecue. Not that Jamie and Amanda didn’t enjoy Becky’s cooking, but they agreed when she asked what they should bring that their best bet was dessert. Becky was well aware her cooking wouldn’t win any People’s choice awards; it had never been something she enjoyed doing.

“Who wants to do what,” Becky asked. Jamie and Ella decided to help by staying out of the way. Three bigs and two littles in the kitchen was too much, so they sat at the table and watched as Amanda mixed dry ingredients, Mel melted chocolate, and Becky blended the wet ingredients. Becky took a small box from her grocery bag, read the instructions, took out a small, glass vial with a dropper, and put three drops in the wet ingredients.

“What’s that,” Ella asked.

“It’s Little Extract.”

“Is it made from real littles,” Jamie asked.

“It’s the stuff they put in little food to make it, I don’t know, extra yummy for you guys,” Mel explained.

“They sell that at the grocery store,” Ella asked. “How did I not know that?”

“Yeah,” Becky said, “So this batch is for littles.” Soon the house smelled of fresh cookies, and after everyone had eaten too many, Becky declared it was nap time for everyone.

Jamie and Ella waited twenty minutes.

“Did you see where she put it,” Ella asked.

“On the counter. She didn’t put it away.”

“You think you can reach it?”

“Yeah.”

“Go for it,” she urged him. “I’ll be here … ready to disavow all knowledge.”

“Help me up?” Jamie did a short jump to reach the top edge of the playpen, pulled himself up, and Ella put her hands on his butt and pushed. Jamie flipped over the edge and landed on his feet.

“Ta-da!”

“Shhh! You’re gonna get caught like that,” she whispered. Jamie began to creep to the kitchen one step at a time. Big’s hearing amazed him alongside their ability to sneak up on littles. He creeped to the chair first and looked around the corner toward the steps. From there, he crept to the wall dividing the the stairwell from the dining room, sticking his head around the corner to look up to the landing and listening for any movement upstairs.

When Jamie was confident everyone was in their rooms, he pivoted to his left and peered into the kitchen, and then high-stepped on his tip-toes across the kitchen. The Little Extract was on the counter. It was near the edge, but the counter was too tall for him to reach it. He weighed his option.

The first option was the chair. He could slide it over and climb up, but he has promised he wouldn’t ever do that again. But the chair would be quietest.

Or he could jump. That would make more noise, and he might need more than one try, but it would still be faster than sliding the chair over and back.

The consequences were the deciding factor. When he got in trouble, which he knew he was going to, he’d at least be able to truthfully claim he didn’t climb on the counter or the chair.

Jamie jumped and missed. He paused and didn’t hear anyone stirring upstairs.

He jumped again and brushed the bottle with his fingers, which only pushing it a little further away. He paused again and didn’t hear anyone.

He stepped back toward the fridge, took as quiet of a running start as he could, jumped his highest vertical jump, and plucked the bottle off the counter from above. “Score.”

Now he had to sneak back to the playpen in the living room. Since he wasn’t wearing pants, Jamie stashed the bottle in his diaper cover. If he got caught, maybe they wouldn’t find it. He retraced his steps back to the playpen, where Ella was eagerly watching.

“You look ridiculous,” she whispered with a smile.

“What? This is how I sneak,” he whispered back.

“You look like a cartoon.”

“Move to the other side,” he said. He jumped up and grabbed the top of the playpen, relying on Ella’s weight to keep the it from tipping over. He pulled himself up and flopped in landing on his shoulder.

“You okay?”

“Yeah.”

“Ya got the stuff,” she giggled. He reached into his diaper cover and produced the bottle.

“How much is too much,” he asked.

“Your mom put three drops in that batch.”

“So, like a whole dropper,” he joked.

“Maybe half.”

“You first,” he said, handing her the bottle.

“Why me?”

“Because I got the bottle, fraidy cat.” Ella grabbed the bottle from his hand.

“Fine.” She twisted the dropper off, tipped her head back, and put half the dropper on her tongue. She handed him the bottle.

“Well?”

“Tastes super sweet.”

Jamie took the bottle and waved it under his nose. “Doesn’t smell like anything.” He took the same amount and put the cap back on. “Hmm. This is like micro-micro-dosing.”

“How would you know?”

“Ya don’t work with at-risk kids without picking up some lingo.”

“’Lingo’s’ a funny word. You can say it with a double-u. ‘Wingo.’”

“I don’t think that’s the same word anymore … Dubba-u. ‘U-u-ingo.’ Ya know, I don’t think they named that letter right.”

Ella let that sink in. “You just, you just, like, the whole alphabet is under my questioning now ... 'A'.” She shook her head. "Who even decides that?"

“When do you think this stuff is gonna kick in?”

“You don’t feel anything?”

“Just this …” Jamie shook his head.

“What?”

“This overwhelming sense of … twoness.”      

“I think three, but I’ve been here longer than you.”

“It’s like I’m Jamie, but I’m also Jamie. Does that make sense?”

“You sound so weird right now. I think you had too much … my boyfriend can’t handle his shit.”

“… so I sent out a bunch of resumes and …”

“Shh,” Manda interrupted Mel. “Do you hear something?”

Mel paused and listened carefully. “I think … is that Jamie? Is he singing?”

“Jamie doesn’t sing.”

“What’s he singing?” Amanda and Mel got off her bed and started downstairs, catching the lyrics at they went.

“Oh, way out in the dessert …”

“Jamie,” Manda said as they got to the bottom of the stairs.

“Where nature know no man! A buffalo …”

“Jamie?”

“Spied his brother, a-lying in the sand…”

Amanda looked at Mel, who was red-faced holding in a guffaw, and then at Ella, who was rapt listening to the song.

“Said the Buffalo to his brother, why do you lie that way? But the buffalo did not answer, ‘cause he’d been dead …”

“Jamie?”

“Cause he’d BEEN de-ead…”

“Jamie?”

“CAUSE he’d been deee-eaaaad …”

“Jamie!”

“All damn day…”

“Oh, hey, Manda,” Ella said. “Didn’t see you there.”

“You didn’t see me?”

“I know, right, because you’re, like, fifteen meters tall.”

“Feet,” Jamie chimed in.

“Ha! Oh my god, that’s so funny.”

“Guys, uh, what’s …”

“How many feet are in a meter,” Jamie asked.

“I dunno,” Ella responded. “How many littles are in a big?”

“What’s going on,” Mel whispered.

“You take that one, I’ll take this one,” Manda said as she bent over the top of the playpen and picked up Jamie.

“Woah! I’m levitating! Cool!” Jamie held his arms out like an airplane.

“There are giants in the sky…” Ella sang. Mel picked her up. “There are big tall terrible giants in the sky!”

“Terrible,” Mel asked.

“Not you,” Ella said. “But I think you’d like that play.”

“Play?”

“The third act drags.” Jamie started cracking up.

“Okay,” Amanda tried to distract him. “Shhh.” She looked at Mel. “I have no idea.”

“This is great,” Jamie said. “This foursome … We need capes, though.”

“Capes,” Mel asked.

“To fight crime … I dunno why they have capes, though. Seems like they get in the way. Headbands would be more practical. Or windbreakers.”

“My boyfriend is so smart,” Ella said from Mel’s arms. “Even if he can’t hold his shit.”

“Ella, honey,” Mel said, “are you okay?”

“I taste colors.”

“Huh?”

“You’re orange.”

“I get that,” Jamie said. “Totally get that.”

“But it’s a good thing,” Ella added. Ella widened her eyes and picked up her hands a few inches, then did it again. “It’s not, ya know, it’s not, like, fuchsia.”

“Fuchsia is so aggressive,” Jamie agreed. “It insists ... Donnas are fuchsia.”

“What’s going on in here,” Becky said as she got to the bottom of the stairs.

“Oh shit,” Jamie and Mel said at the same time.

“Ha,” they both honked.

“I have no idea, Mom. They’re …” She deduced it. “You didn’t!”

“So did,” Ella said as she started to laugh hysterically.

“We so did,” Jamie said as joined in. Amanda set Jamie on the couch, and Mel reached over to keep him from rolling off. Becky picked him up as Amanda walked past her. She stuck her head around the corner and then turned back into the room.

“Alright. Where is it?”

“Where’s what,” Becky asked as she inspected Jamie’s pupils.

“The Little Extract.” Mel sucked in her lower lip and turned red again.

“It’s not funny, Mel.”

“It is soooo … haha … it … haaaa …it is so … baha ha (gasp) … fucking … I’m gonna cry … funny,” Jamie said he collapsed in a fit of breathless laughs that left his diaphragm cramping and his cheeks sore from the the smile he couldn’t stop smiling.

Ella was breathless, mouthing words and making no sound as tears ran down her cheeks.

Mel snorted.

“Mel!”

“It’s hilarious when they’re not your littles,” she defended herself as she wiped her eyes. “Are they gonna be okay?”

“Eventually,” Becky said, looking very displeased. “Jamie … Jamie?”

“Hmm? I’m sorry, did you want something,” Jamie asked.

“Jamie,” Becky said.

“Which Jamie? We’re experiencing twoness right now.” Ella and Mel both cracked up again.

“Where’s the bottle?”

“In my pants.” Becky patted his diaper area. “Oh! No.” Jamie concentrated. “I took it out of my pants.”

“It’s right here, Mom,” Amanda said as she picked it up out of the playpen.

“How much did they have?”

“Just a this much,” Ella said as she showed with her fingers.

“What do we do now,” Amanda asked.

“Wait for it to wear off.”

“And then what,” Mel asked.

“Think of a million punishments.”

“Oh, I think they’ve punished themselves,” Becky said.

“We did,” Ella asked.

“Ever gonna do that again,” Becky asked as she held another bottle of LittleLyte to Jamie’s lips. Stacy had collected Ella. She was inclined to find it funny, or would’ve been if Ella wasn’t so sick.

“Or can we maybe get you a cookie,” Amanda asked.

“I won’t do it again,” Jamie said as he laid limp and sweaty in his crib.

“You’d better not,” Manda said as she picked up the trash bag she’d emptied Jamie’s diaper pail into. And the bathroom wastebasket. Her phone chimed with a text from Mel.

Did he explain what a buffalo is yet?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

EWell @Author_Alex thank you for the credit but this was so awesome to read. I love how snuck a different kind of treat and are paying for it.  I love the rebellion but also how it backfires. I look forward to more! 

• Thanks 1

Dont think I've had such a great laugh like the one I just had reading that chapter, I was expecting them to take all the cookies for themselves! But nope I was wrong! Loved the little singing though!!! ??

• Thanks 1

Chapter 21

“How can he be comfortable like that,” Becky asked as she sat down on the couch next to Amanda. Jamie was in the playpen asleep with his knees under him and his butt in the air and his teddy bear under his chin.

Amanda shrugged. “I tried straightening him out and he just kinda snapped back into that position.”

“Weird.”

“Kinda cute though.”

“His back is gonna hurt when he wakes up.”

“And one of us will massage it for him. I think it’s time we admit he runs the house.”

“Everyone says that about their littles and kids.”

“What do you think is gonna happen,” Amanda asked.

“With what?”

“Ella and Mary. That’s why Stacy didn’t drop her off today, right? She was taking her to Mary?”

“Yeah. I don’t know what will happen. Ella is always so hard to figure out,” Becky replied. “Even more than Jamie. She’s just more closed off.”

“She didn’t choose this,” Amanda said as she shrugged. “For all the baggage Jamie brought with him, he was ready on some level to admit he’s a little. Ella, well, Ella’s more like a miniature big.” Amanda always thought that there was a sadness inside Ella. She was a happy person most of the time, but there were times when something about her reminded Amanda of a middle-aged woman who was just weary.

“Jamie was once. Closed off.” Becky didn’t miss that, the days when Jamie was either angry or depressed. For most people, the first few months with their little were a golden age, and though Becky wouldn’t take them back for anything, it was later, after they’d gotten through that and when she and Jamie first truly bonded that she regarded as a golden age. She knew Ella was one of the reasons Jamie had broken through his barriers to accept himself for the little he was, and how she did that, helping him to embrace being a little while she only ever did when it was to her advantage, was something of a mystery.

“Not anymore. He’s an unregressed little now, no doubt about that,” Amanda said.

“He did the cutest thing at the pool the other day,” Becky told her.

“What?”

“Rosie came with Jane, right? He made her a puddle.”

“He what?”

“For Rosie. She likes to just splash around in a puddle. He made her one before they got there.”

“That’s adorable. He treats her like a little sister.”

“Jane just loves him for it.”

Amanda stood up and watched him for a moment. “Do you think we can ever replace that bear? It’s kinda ratty.”

“No way. He’ll never give it up, I think all we can do is try to repair it.”

“Remember when Kazoo was a puppy and thought it was his toy?”

“You mean do I remember Jamie having a melt down and then standing on the couch next to me watching me sew it up like he was watching surgery on his own child?” Becky shook her head and laughed. Jamie’s little emotions were so conflicted. He was so angry at Kazoo but so wanted to forgive him right away. He only did when the bear was intact again. “I wonder if the voice even works anymore. Jamie only ever listened to it the once.”

“Been a while since he got a letter from Cheryl. Or sent her one. Maybe I’ll ask him about that.”

“Why,” Becky asked.

“Connection with another human back home for him. Maybe she can even help with Ella’s situation.”

“Maybe, but I don’t see how ... Ella has seemed okay, all things considered.”

“Seems that way. I think she tells Jamie things she doesn’t tell us, though. Or maybe even Stacy ... she seems standoffish sometimes. I think she’s not exactly thrilled with bigs at the moment.”

“She probably trusts none of us,” Becky said. “I wouldn’t ... I never realized littles were so complicated until we got Jamie. I thought they, well, you see how the average one is. Pretty uncomplicated. Part of what makes them so wonderful to have in your life. One thing that’s rarely complicated. Hard, but not really complicated.”

“Most of them, yeah. Not all of them.” Amanda had always appreciated the inner lives of littles, and more so now that she’d finished her degree in Little Studies and was headed into a grad program. But the average little, regressed, was like the average toddler in many regards, and they wore their emotions on their sleeves. As rough as any day got, for all the little battles between big and little that might come up and any of the hurt feelings or skinned knees, at the end of the day the average little just wants to fall asleep in their big’s arms.

“What would you want, if you were Ella,” Becky asked. The question surprised Amanda.

“What would you want,” Amanda asked in return.

“To stay here. Littles are happy here. They just are.” Becky stood up and looked down at Jamie. She grimaced and pressed down on his butt while pulling his ankles back, drawing Jamie into a normal sleeping position. When she let go, Jamie drew his knees up again, sticking his butt back in the air. Becky grimaced again and sat back down next to Amanda.

“Littles who choose to come here are happy here,” Amanda said. “We may think they’re better off here than in their world, but they’re only ever happy if they agree. Sounds like Ella had a rich life ahead of her. I never would’ve stayed if I were her. I don’t get why she did. I mean, she lost out on eight years of her life, but she was still so young. She could’ve made up for it.” Amanda shook her head.

“She’s still young,” Becky said speculatively.

“Not that young. Not for starting over. Especially with humans’ lifespans ... What would you do, if it were me?”

“I don’t even want to think about that.”

Amanda sighed and looked at the playpen. “About time to get him up. Don’t want him up late again.”

“Amazing how a tired little can screw up your whole day,” Becky said. “Just like when you were his age. I mean, you know what I mean.”

“Was I that bad?”

“Oh, if I didn’t get you in bed at just the right time, there was zero hope of getting through the next day with you happy. Remember what you used to do when you were having a rough day?”

“What?”

“Cling to me. I’d pick you up, and when I tried to put you down you’d just hang there from around my neck, holding all your weight. Never seen a little girl with that much upper body strength,” Becky smiled.

“Maybe we should let Kazoo wake him up.” Kazoo was quietly napping on the floor. He always slept near Jamie during his naps or else sat outside his door and waited.

“You still mad I didn’t get you a puppy,” Becky asked.

“Yep.” And she had no intention of getting over it.

Becky walked back to the playpen and picked up Jamie and his bear. Maybe she could sew a new coat over it if Jamie would let her. She knew she couldn’t change it too much without making it no longer the bear Cheryl game him. 

Becky sat back down on the sofa and put Jamie on her chest. “He’ll wake up on his own,” she said. She was thinking about the first time he’d woken up in her arms. They were celebrating that event in two days with their closest friends. “I still don’t know what to get him.”

“Well, once he got the puppy you made it really hard to top that ... I think he’s hard to shop for because he’s not regressed. I mean, Rosie is just a little regressed, and you get her anything, any silly toy, and she’s happy to have it and happier to have the box.”

“Did you think of something yet,” Becky asked.

“Yeah. I was gonna get him Mel. Have her move in with us. He’d like that way more than Kazoo,” Manda joked.

Becky had mixed feelings about Amanda and Mel living together for precisely that reason. She was worried if Mel moved in then Amanda’s would be his favorite place, and as much as she wanted Jamie to love it there, she still wanted her home to be his favorite, or at least equal. Truth was, Becky loved that Mel could make Jamie act regressed sometimes, but she was always jealous that she could and that it came so easily to her. Jamie was only rarely that little with Becky still. 

“Mel is still determined to live on her own for a while,” Becky stated.

“Yeah. Says it’s time,” Amanda replied.

“What about you? Are you ready?”

“I won’t be alone. I’ll have Jamie.” Not the same as a roommate or a sibling. Something better. 

“I think someone is waking up,” Becky whispered. Jamie’s feet stirred. “Baaaaaaby Bear,” Becky sang quietly. “My Baaaaaaaby Bear.”

Amanda reached over and caressed his foot. Jamie rubbed his head against Becky. He often rubbed the sleep out of his eyes that way. At least in that respect, being a snuggle bug, he was like most other littles.

“Look who’s awake,” Amanda said.

Jamie grumbled.

“What was that,” Becky asked.

“My back hurts,” Jamie said.

• Like 7

Hahaha. I love the way kids sleep sometimes. My dogs sleep in some weird positions as well but they do look peaceful in their own right. I wonder what happened as Mel and Amanda branch out. The growing pains of growing up. 

• Like 1
  • Alex Bridges changed the title to Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (Final chapter posted 12/21/20)