LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (Final chapter posted 12/21/20)

Chapter 69

Amanda held a finger to her lips as Mel walked through the front door. Jamie was asleep on her chest, his back rising and falling with each breath. “Hey,” Amanda said quietly.

“It’s not his nap time. Why so sleepy?”

“He didn’t have the best day, but how was your first day?”

“Good! Spent a lot of time learning store policies and how to work their computer system.”

“Did you get to help any customers?”

“A little. Was looking over the other person’s shoulder.”

“Gotta start somewhere. You feel like a grown up yet?”

“No. What’s that feel like?”

“How should I know? Did you at least like it?”

“Kinda boring, but just the first day. A week from now it will only be me.”

“We should go out and celebrate.”

“We’ve celebrated, like, four times. Maybe you need to just get out more.”

“I’m bored,” Amanda responded. “Don’t think I’ve ever been bored in the summer before. Maybe that’s a sign of being a grown up.”

“Too bad school doesn’t start for another month.”

“I do have packing to keep me busy, but I’ve packed everything I don’t need for the next month. Except winter stuff. Figured I could take care of that after the move, once I’m settled. You been looking at places?”

“Just a few online. Haven’t looked at anything yet.”

“You could be in the same complex as us. You could afford it.”

“Maybe. It’s not too far from work.”

“If I refer a friend I get $100 off one month’s rent. I’ll split it with you,” Amanda joked.

“We’ll see. Where’s your mom?”

“At work. Should be home soon.”

“So what happened to Jamie,” Mel asked.

“I had to go to campus today, and Mom had to go to work, so we took him to littlecare. Stupid bully there just said something mean.”

“And that got under Jamie’s skin?”

“Yeah.”

“I wonder if littles where he’s from are all so sensitive. I mean, he’s a grown up. Not regressed. You’d think he could let that stuff roll off him more.”

“Maybe when he first got here. Think he’s grown down a bit, which is good. I like him like this way. No bottling up feelings. And I like that he needs us.” She looked down at him and rubbed his back. Jamie sighed in response and snuggled deeper.

“What did the kid say?”

“He overheard Jamie telling his teacher about moving, and the kid found him later and told him it must be because his bigs don’t want him around anymore.”

“Little fucker.”

“I know,” Amanda said with disdain in her voice.

“Still, Jamie knows that’s not true.”

“Yeah. I think maybe the whole foster kid thing maybe makes a comment like that sting a little more for him.”

Mel grimaced. She still didn’t fully understand the concept of foster care. She knew most of what had happened to Jamie, though.

“Ella was there,” Amanda continued. “She told the kid off in language not appropriate for a little, and then when I got there to pick him up he needed just his big sister time.”

“I don’t like it when people are mean to him.”

“Tell me about it. Makes me kinda lose perspective. Have to remind myself the other one is just a little.”

“Can I hold him?”

“Sure.” She lifted Jamie gently, trying not to wake him. She passed him in a cradled position to Mel, who laid him on her chest.

“This always feels so good. I love this.” She played with his hair before settling back against the sofa cushions. “Is he still dealing with move ok?”

“On the outside. If he were dealing better with it inside, I don’t think that little’s comment would’ve bothered him so much.”

“Is he being open with you guys, or is he doing that thing where he won’t talk about stuff?”

“He’ll talk about it. It’s just a hard transition for him. Not exactly what he signed up for when he came here.”

“Oooo,” Mel said with a laugh as she patted his butt. “Ought to feel better after that.”

“Does he need changed?”

“Just gas.” 

Amanda was relieved. She didn’t want him to start doing that in his sleep. “Anyway,” Amanda continued, “I don’t think he saw this coming when he adopted himself out.”

“How’s your mom doing with it?”

“Talks about it less than Jamie, but I think she’s having a harder time than she lets on.”

“Maybe she just talks to her friends about it.”

“Maybe ... We’ll get through it. Everybody does.”

“Are you still excited?”

“Yeah. It’s just ... managing other people’s feelings makes it less fun. Maybe if I’d lived in the dorms during college it would be different now.”

“I’m here to help ... Maybe we need to plan a house warming party for when you’re settled. Give you something fun to look forward to.”

“Yeah, that does sound kinda fun.”

“You can invite the mysterious Ryan.” Amanda made an unhappy, uncertain face. “Why haven’t you brought him around all summer,” Mel asked.

“Because it wasn’t supposed to last beyond the summer, and I didn’t want to give Jamie one more thing to be upset about.”

“He’ll be happy for you.”

“To a point. He doesn’t like sharing his people.”

“I think you need to follow your heart on this one. If you want to stay with him, stay. Just getting into a relationship doesn’t mean marriage is down the road. Or is there more to it than that?”

“If we decide it’s serious, than he’s gonna wanna be around a lot. I don’t want to give Jamie someone else to be attached to, and then if it doesn’t work out that person goes away.”

“So you’re gonna stay single your whole life instead?”

“No ...”

“Just saying, it’s gonna happen at some point.”

“Not this summer, though. One thing at a time ... and if Ryan isn’t that patient, then he’s not the right person for me anyway.”

Mel smiled a whatever-makes-you-happy smile and changed the subject, asking, “You ever hear from Ella’s family?”

“They sent a thank you card.”

“And how is Ella.”

“Seems back to normal to me. Happier, even.”

“Spunky little thing that she is.”

“I think I need to wake him up if I want him in bed anywhere close to on time.” She reached over and ran her finger the length of the sole of Jamie’s foot. He wiggled. She did it again. He kicked a little and made a face, and Mel laughed, and Amanda did it again. Jamie’s eyes opened.

“Hello there, Jamie Bear,” Amanda said.

“Hi, Mel,” Jamie responded.

“How did you know it was me?”

“You feel a certain way. How was your first day?”

• Like 7
46 minutes ago, Alex Bridges said:

“Just gas.” 

Amanda was relieved. She didn’t want him to start doing that in his sleep.

Didn’t Jamie start having “nasty farts” while sleeping in Volume 1? In that case this wouldn’t be out of the ordinary.

Great chapter, but it’s always sad when Jamie Bear has a rough day.

• Like 1

Nice little chapter. Even though you’re still including longer chapters these little ones seem to reveal more and I like it, I like them all but the simplicity of these is also nice 

• Like 1

Chapter 70

“They’re gonna tell me tonight,” Jamie told Ella as they together in his crib.

“What makes you say that,” she asked.

“I can just tell. We’re going out to eat. They usually tell me big stuff after dinner.”

“How’s that got you feeling,” Ella asked as she reached over to twirl his hair in her fingers. She could tell how he felt, but she wanted him to say it. She knew it was good for him, that he wouldn’t have said anything if he didn’t want to talk about it.

“Conflicted. I’m kinda ready to get the move over with, but I’m really not looking forward to living in two homes. It just ... seems less restful. Like work. Used to see it in my kids’ faces, the ones who split their time between two houses. They looked tired a lot.”

“Didn’t those kids have a lot of conflict in their lives, though? Fighting parents, bad neighborhoods?”

“Yeah.”

“Maybe you could think of it as having a weekend place.”

“Gonna be there during the week, too.”

“You know what I mean.”

“Yeah.”

“I am sorry. I know it’s not what you wanted.”

“Can’t freeze time. Thought that was what I was doing, but that’s because I didn’t think about other people. Even if my life stayed the same forever, theirs doesn’t, so mine really doesn’t either. They should put that in the brochure ... And it’s not the place. It’s the people. Under one roof, until they’re not ... being an empty nester sucks.” 

Ella understood. She wanted him to get out of his own head, though. That was never a good place for him, ruminating on everything. 

“What are you looking forward to,” she asked.

“About the move? Curious to see how it’s different living with Amanda only. Sometimes I can tell there’s stuff she’d let me do if Mom wasn’t around ... but a lot of times Mom’s been the one to dial it back a bit, like after that time we took the little extract. Think we’d still be in the corner if Manda had her way.”

“We gotta get some more of that. Got to be a dose to get mellow on without getting sick.”

“There’s something for us to work on together ... I am looking forward to seeing what you paint on the wall.”

“Still don’t have any suggestions?”

“I just wanna be surprised. Paint whatever you’re inspired to paint; that’s what I want ... I guess in a way I’m looking forward to living in an apartment complex again. Has a pool. People to meet. That could be fun. They host parties for residents ... Be sorta interesting to see what it’s like to be living the lifestyle of a twenty-something again, sort of. Or at least adjacent to it.”

“That does sound kind of fun. Guess neither of us ever really got to do that.”

“I was terrible at being in my twenties, but you know that story.”

“I can stay over sometimes?”

“Definitely. Might have to convince Manda to sleep on the couch...”

“Or not come out of her bedroom without knocking.”

“She never did bring around the guy she was dating.”

“Must not be all that serious.”

“Longest she’s ever dated one guy since I’ve been here. I think she’s just worried about me ... Never appreciated how tiring it can be to have people worrying about you all the time. I mean, it’s nice but makes me worry about how to get them to stop worrying ... Everybody’s trying to manage each others’ feelings, and none of us are succeeding.”

“Time to just pull the bandaid off then.”

“Yeah ... Maybe I just need to confront Manda about it. She’s making me feel guilty. Holding back because she’s worried about my reaction. She tries so hard to be the perfect big sister ... Sometimes I feel like her big brother, though. I am older than she is ... I’m watching her grow up, not the other way around. Maybe it’s time I just tell her to have fun. Make good choices, but just have fun. Live her own life. She didn’t want a little.”

“She would never take it back for anything.”

“I know that. I just mean I’m the fork in the road in her life. It shouldn’t mean she doesn’t get to date, have relationships, go have fun ... I’m gonna tell her; I want to see her do those things. And I’m gonna make sure that if there’s a thing she wants to do when it’s her day to have me that I want her to go do it. That’ll make me happy.”

“So you are ready to share her.”

“I’m ready for her to share herself.”

“You’re sweet. Maybe you are the big brother.”

“I’m definitely more than just her little. Just want her to be more than just my big.”

“Feel better?”

“Yeah.”

“Good. C’mere. Let’s get some sleep before they wake us up.” He rolled over so he was spooning her, and they closed their eyes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That was a very nice an cathartic chapter. I am happy that Jamie is managing his feelings better than his bigs expected him to. Also, I love the tenderness in this sentence, really brings home the special relationship that exists between them. 

2 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

C’mere. Let’s get some sleep before they wake us up.” He rolled over so he was spooning her, and they closed their eyes.

Just a beautiful sentence. Thank-you. 

• Thanks 1

I love Jamie and Ella's little chats. They are so interesting and nice. They make a great couple, so maybe they should have a littles wedding? Ya know, something cute that would launch Amanda's career of being an Instagram Influencer. Jamie and Ella, of course, would be partners at the promotion firm!

• Like 1

Chapter 71

“Why do I have to leave,” Eric asked.

“We talked about this,” the social worker replied, trying her best to sound patient. He was one of twenty-one kids on her docket, it was Thursday, and she’d worked three weekends in a row. “Mrs. Vilalba can’t take care of you anymore.”

“But I like Mrs. Vilalba.”

“I know, kiddo, but you’ll like these people, too.” She straightened his hair and rang the doorbell. It was late, past dinner time. She’s taken him to dinner at McDonald’s and put the receipt in her wallet. Finance wouldn’t reimburse her for so much as a Happy Meal without one.

A woman opened the door and shook hands with the social worker, who asked, “Ms. Anson?”

“Yes. This must be Eric.” He stepped behind the social worker’s right leg. He didn’t know her - she was his third that he could remember - but he knew her better than this stranger.

“Don’t be shy,” the stranger said. The social worker stepped out of the way and handed a backpack to the woman.

“Here’s his things. He’s had dinner.” The woman took them as the social worker knelt down next to Eric. 

“Behave yourself, and I’ll come see you in two days.” 

Eric didn’t respond. He didn’t know why this was happening. Mrs. Vilalba loved him. She said so every day. He had Brian to play with there. Did he get to stay? Why couldn’t Mrs. Vilalba take care of him anymore? She took care of him that morning. Had he done something wrong? He could apologize, say he was sorry, do extra chores. He could make it right. Mrs. Vilalba said there was nothing he could do to make her stop loving him. Maybe she lied.

“It’s awfully late,” the strange woman said. “I think straight to bed for this one. C’mon.” She held out her hand, and Eric looked from it to the social worker. This lady seemed nice enough, but she was still strange. Why was he being left with a stranger?

“Go along, Eric. Everything will be okay,” the social worker promised. A different one had made the same promise three years ago when he was four and took him to live with Mrs. Vilalba. What did they know about okay? Everything was okay when he left for school that morning, and now they were not okay.

He reluctantly took the strange woman’s hand, and she guided him inside, telling him to say goodnight to the social worker, which he did with a murmur.

“Let’s go straight upstairs.”

Eric didn’t want to go upstairs. He wanted to go home. How could a person lose their home in the space of a day, all at once? He had a home in the morning, and now he didn’t. That didn’t even make sense. He let her hold his hand and followed her upstairs. They got to a bedroom that seemed kinda cool, but it wasn’t like his old one. That one had art on the walls that he’d made. He’d make some more tomorrow.

“I’m Ms. Anson,” the woman repeated. “You’re going to stay with me now, at least for a while,” she said. She sat down on the bed and then lifted him onto it. “This is your room.”

Eric didn’t know what to say to that, but since he’d been given something, he said, “Thank you.”

“I bet you’re tired. We can talk more in the morning before school. Can you get undressed by yourself?”

“Uh huh.”

“Okay.” She opened his backpack and found pajamas. His Christmas ones that Santa gave him. It wasn’t Christmas now. It was almost summer.

“Put these on, and I’ll be back in ten minutes to check on you. Do you need anything?” He was thirsty but didn’t want to ask for anything. He shook his head instead.

She didn’t kiss him goodnight before she turned out the light. Hadn’t hugged him. What was this place? Why did he stay here now? Who was she? And where was Mrs. Vilalba? If he could just see her he was sure he could make it alright. 

The only thing to do was cry, so he cried into his pillow. He didn’t want her to hear him. He didn’t know who else was in the house. He didn’t know how she’d react to tears; they made some grown ups angry. 

They didn’t make Mrs. Vilalba angry. And he could never cry so quietly that she didn’t hear, not that there were many nights he needed to cry into his pillow.

It was getting harder and harder to cry quietly. “I want Mrs. Vilabla,” he said into his pillow. That did nothing, so he shouted it into his pillow. Shouting it made him feel a little better. He shouted it again. Mrs. Vilalba didn’t appear; he didn’t expect her to. No one appeared.

“Jamie,” Becky shouted back at him. “Jamie! It’s just a nightmare! Wake up!” She shook him, and his eyes opened, blurred by tears. He thrashed in her arms, and she held on tighter. “Jamie! It’s Mommy! Everything’s okay. Shhh.” He started to calm down.

“Everything’s not okay,” he said back.

“It was just a nightmare.” She was rocking him and patting his back.

“I want Mrs. Vilalba!”

“Quiet, baby. Who’s that?”

“Mrs. Vilalba! Mrs. Vilalba!”

Becky realized he was having a night terror. He wasn’t awake. She knew not to try to wake him and sat down in the rocker instead. He’d been in bed not even two hours. She held him tight. He didn’t shout again. He stopped thrashing. His sobs turned back into crying and then whimpering. The entire episode lasted maybe three minutes and scared her. She knew kids had night terrors; Amanda had. She didn’t know littles did. There was that nap nightmare at the pool, but that didn’t seem in retrospect like a night terror.

Becky patted his back. She didn’t want to let him go. He’d probably not remember the episode, but she’d never forget. She sighed and laid Jamie gently on his changing table. He was soon in a fresh diaper. She took him to her bedroom and laid him on the pillows next to hers. She found his paci in her nightstand and gave it to him.

“Poor baby,” she said when he’d taken the pacifier. “Poor Mommy,” she sat as she picked up her tablet and started reading again. It wasn’t even night yet. The sun was just below the horizon. The sky was a deep orange out her window.

She reached for her glass on the nightstand and disturbed the bed. Jamie woke up when she sat back.

“Hmmm,” he groaned. He sat up with his eyes still closed and took the paci out of his mouth, then rubbed his eyes.

“Sorry I woke you,” she said. She rolled toward him and put her arm behind him on the pillow.

“I don’t feel good.” She sat back up and got a tissue from the box on her nightstand, then rolled toward him and held it to his nose.

“Blow.” He did. “Better?”

“A little. How did I get here?”

“You had a nightmare. I brought you upstairs. Do you wanna go back to your crib?”

“I need some water.” 

“Climb on.” He scooted over and put his arms around her neck, and she carried him back downstairs to the nursery to find his bottle among his twisted sheets. “Want your bear too?” He nodded his sleepy head.

She wanted to ask him who Mrs. Vilalba was. Maybe it was nobody, just a shard of a bad dream. She took his bear and started walking back upstairs.

“I don’t remember the dream,” he said sleepily.

“Good,” she said as she turned her head down to kiss his hair. “You’re safe.”

“May I stay up for a little while?”

”Sure. Do you wanna watch a movie?”

”I wanna snuggle.”

”Gonna be my snuggle bear? Mommy loves her snuggle bear so much.”

”I love you, too.”

”I know, baby. Mommy knows.”

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

I love seeing into Jamie's past.  Part of me is still waiting for him running into someone from his past, whether it be an old client or a past Foster parent.  I think it would be really interesting for him.  Especially if they are now regressed or partially regressed. 

• Like 1

I think this dream reflect how Jamie feels about moving ! I think would be better if he only visits sometimes Amanda since he shows many signs that he need a home stable and only Becky house he feels that way , this dream only shows his true feelings of being abandoned and have to move without his wishes ! 
that’s my opinion , maybe I carried way rsrs 

• Like 2

Chapter 72

Amanda walked down the hall into the kitchen a little miffed. She found her mom washing the breakfast dishes and picked up a towel to dry, asking, “What’s Jamie’s deal?”

“What’d he do?”

“I asked him if he wanted to come outside with me, and he just said he was reading and could I close the door.”

“Maybe he’s tired. He was up late.”

“I put him to bed on time.”

“He had a nightmare after you left. I let him stay up with me for a bit. Night terror, actually.”

Amanda grimaced and asked, “About what?”

“I don’t know. He says he doesn’t remember. He didn’t seem all that bothered by it when he woke up. A little clingy.”

“Maybe he does remember it a little, even if he doesn’t realize it.”

“Maybe. He was screaming and sobbing ... scared the crap outta me. Kept calling for someone.”

“Do you remember who?”

“Mrs. V-something ... Vilalba. Mrs. Vilalba.”

Amanda put the plate she was holding into the cabinet. The name was familiar, but she couldn’t place it. “Mrs. Vilalba ...”

“Kept saying he wanted her. Poor thing.”

“His foster mom,” Amanda remembered. “When he was very young.”

“How’d you know that?”

“He told me once, a long time ago.”

“What else do you know that I don’t,” Becky asked half seriously. She knew Jamie told Amanda things he didn’t tell her. She just hoped he also confided some things in her that Amanda didn’t know. It wasn’t competitiveness. She just wanted the reassurance that she was at least as close to him as he was to Amanda.

“They took him away from her when he was seven. He said that was the last foster home he felt safe in ... Last foster parent who loved him.”

“O ... I didn’t ask him who she was on purpose. He said he didn’t remember the dream so I didn’t want to upset him by asking,” Becky explained.

“Maybe that’s not why he’s grumpy,” Amanda suggested. “Maybe it’s nothing. Or maybe it’s just Jamie being Jamie. He has off days. Everyone does.” Amanda realized she sounded like she was trying to explain away his mood for him, and she didn’t know why. “I’m gonna go talk to him,” she decided out loud.

“About what?”

“About his dream. Or his mood.”

“Sounds like he wants some private time,” Becky suggested.

“Well, he’s a little. They don’t always get what they want.”

“Amanda Delaney! Where’d your bad mood come from all of a sudden?”

“I ... What if the move made him have that dream?” Becky paused and thought on that. Amanda interrupted with, “Mom, we never asked him if he wants to do this.”

“Sure we did ... Didn’t we?”

“No. We asked him if he was okay with how we divided up his time. We never asked if he wanted to move in with me at all. O, fuck, Mom! We ...”

“Manda, calm down. If he didn’t want to ...” She stopped and realized no, he wouldn’t have told them. He’d have kept that to himself to avoid upsetting them. “Well, shit. I guess we ask him.”

“What do you think he wants?”

“Let’s just go talk to him.” She held out her hand, and Amanda handed her the dish towel. She dried her hands on it. She thought she knew what’d he say, but she wasn’t sure. There was a limit to her ability to read Jamie. Even Amanda had such a limit. Jamie could bury his emotions that well. Kazoo saw them in the hallway and took an interest, following along.Becky knocked lightly on his door and went in before he could answer. Jamie rolled on to his back and sat up as she and Amanda sat down.

“O, god,” he swore, “what happened now? My long lost parents discovered me and want me back too?” Summer seemed like a series of calamities in retrospect ever since they got back from their vacation.

“Nothing’s the matter, Jamie,” Becky assured him. “We just wanted to ask you something.” Kazoo sniffed around the floor and Jamie, who picked him up and put him on his lap. It still felt weird to own a bear, an actual one.

“Okay,” he said skeptically. “Ask away.” He chastised himself for saying that. He didn’t mean to be in a bad mood; it just slipped out.

“We were talking,” Becky began, “and we realized we never actually asked you if you want to live with Manda part time.” Amanda hid her anxiety. 

Jamie didn’t say anything for a moment, watching his own hands scratch Kazoo’s head. This seemed settled and had for some time. He hadn’t noticed that they hadn’t asked him precisely, but now that they said it, it made him feel uneasy. Still watching his hands, he asked, “Why were you talking about that? Do you ... Did you change your mind? Do you not want me to live with you?”

“O, Jamie,” Amanda said as she reached across the circle of floor they formed and picked Jamie up under the arms. Kazoo rolled onto the floor, not that he minded the rough play. Amanda put Jamie on her lap. “I do want you to live with me, buddy. I just ... I should’ve asked.

“We should’ve asked,” Becky corrected her.

“We just assumed you’d be okay with it, but ... do you want to?”

“Yes.”

“Are you saying that because you wanna make me happy or because you wanna live with me?”

“I wanna live with you. I ...” Jamie’s voice caught, and he shook his head.

“You can tell us anything,” Becky reminded him as she reached over to put her hand on his thigh.

“I ...” Jamie didn’t want to get emotional. He wasn’t even sure why he was struggling not to. It wasn’t as though these weren’t feelings he hadn’t been used to for months now. “I still don’t want you to go, but I know you have to, so I wanna live with you part time.”

“That makes us so happy,” Becky said.

It was a good and bad answer to Amanda. It made her feel guilty all over again for having to take the next step in her life. She was relieved at his answer, though. She couldn’t help that she was moving ahead in her life, but at least he’d be with her. Perhaps if they’d adopted Jamie when Amanda was younger their relationship would be more like siblings. Mel didn’t seem very upset at the prospect of moving out, and neither did her brothers. 

“Good,” Amanda said. She kissed the top of Jamie’s head. “Good.”

“We should be happy about it,” Jamie said. “It’s exciting. An adventure.” And it was; he did believe that. He just didn’t have enthusiasm for it yet. He thought he had it before, but then they’d told him the moving date, and what had seemed far away was now a week and a half away. He kept telling himself it would be exciting when it arrived. That was true of many things. It was the getting there that was often the hardest part. Still, he wondered, “What made you guys realize that?”

“Just talking,” Becky said.

“About what?”

“You seemed grumpy today. We were just wondering why.”

“Sorry for being grumpy.”

“Any theories on why,” Amanda asked him.

“Just am.”

“Well, I guess we should let you get back to your book,” Becky said.

“No. I mean, could we go do something today?”

“Like what,” Amanda asked.

“Just go somewhere. Hang out together.”

“Moving doesn’t mean we won’t go do stuff together as a family,” Becky told him. “We’ll be together all the time. And we’ll have our standing weekend breakfast, the three of us.”

“I know. It ...” Won’t be the same, he wanted to say. In subtle ways, it wouldn’t be the same. Maybe it would be better. Maybe it would become more special, more cherished. Maybe. “I know. I just wanted to get out of the house today, together.”

“Tell you what,” Becky said. “If Amanda goes and gets the stroller ready, I’ll change your pants and we can walk to lunch at O’Donnell’s. Sound good?”

“Yeah,” Jamie said with a weak smile. “It does.” Amanda handed him off to her mom who stood and laid Jamie on his changing table. She had him naked below the waist when she stopped.

“What,” he asked.

“I was just thinking ...” She put her chin in her hand.

“And?”

“And ...”  A surprised attack! Her fingers were in his armpits before he could clamp them at his sides. Becky wasn’t the tickler. Manda was the tickler. Jamie squealed and squirmed and couldn’t get away. Becky stopped just before Jamie rolled off the side of the table.

“Mama! No fair,” he whined through happy tears.

“Get used to it,” she said lightly. “Bears get tickled in this house.”

Jamie saw what she was getting at. “Thank you.”

“Everything will be okay. Do you believe me?”

“Yeah, I do.” And he did believe her. He trusted her, and he trusted Manda.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Alex Bridges changed the title to Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (Final chapter posted 12/21/20)