LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (Final chapter posted 12/21/20)

1 hour ago, Guilend said:

This whole think with Jackie, I love it. I just hope that if it us a sexual thing for her that Stacy doesn't walk in on her saying what a naughty girl she us while getting herself off in her diapers ?

I think that Stacy (similar Becky) doesn’t understand the sexuality of unregressed littles and would just assume that she was playing innocently or she’d notice her masturbating, but assume that she was unaware of what she was doing.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, littleTomás said:

think that Stacy (similar Becky) doesn’t understand the sexuality of unregressed littles and would just assume that she was playing innocently or she’d notice her masturbating, but assume that she was unaware of what she was doing.

You're probably right, however there's been a few indications that she's more aware of things then becky, like she knows that ella and jamie are in a relationship, and I'm pretty sure she knows it's sexual, but I'm not sure. I'm not going to go back and read it again lol.

Chapter 63

Friends help out friends. This truism is one of life’s great joys, and so it was that when Amanda had to go to the dentist and Becky had to go to the bank and license bureau, they thought nothing of it when Jamie asked if Mel could come over and watch him and Ella instead of bringing them along. Mel was happy to do it, but these arrangements had been made before they knew Jackie would be in their charge. It felt like a lot asking even Mel for such a big favor on her own. Three littles were indeed a lot to look after.

Amy still had her own rugrats to watch during the day in her nanny job, and the possibility of combining three littles with one big teen and one big child obsessed with littles made Jamie’s skin crawl. No one thought that was even a halfway good idea, so Becky didn’t ask Amy. And it being a weekday, Lauren, Danny, and all the other bigs they’d normally ask were at work. That left the person whom Amanda had taken to calling The Littlesitter of Last Resort.

Amanda was well aware that Mel and Donna had grown apart. It wasn’t a hostile relationship by any means, just the distance that often happens as people get older. Mel wondered if perhaps Jamie had something to do with it – whether she had picked up some of his dislike for Donna, or whether Donna had grown jealous that Mel was his friend and she was not. Or perhaps neither of those. Donna seemed oblivious that Jamie’s preference for Mel when both young women were around him was due to anything other than his supposed shyness. Mel agreed, though, that three littles were a lot to handle, so she said sure when Amanda had asked if she minded Donna coming over.

Jamie wasn’t hard to convince. He understood and also said sure, but he wasn’t happy about it. Yes, it was only for a few hours, but as he said, “I’m still recovering from the last time she came over.’”

“That was almost two months ago,” Amanda reminded him.

“Your point being?”

“It’ll be fine. Jackie wants to experience what being a little is like, right? Point Jackie at Donna or the other way around and disappear into your room with Ella for a few hours.”

“What will we do in my room for a few hours,” Jamie asked. Amanda looked at him with her not impressed face. “Oh,” he said when he figured it out on his own. “Oh!” Amanda just shook her head and gave Jamie three pats on the butt before setting on his feet.

Mel arrived first, miracle of miracles, and Ella and Jackie soon after. Amanda took Mel aside and explained, “Jackie isn’t really a little. She just wants to be treated like one.”

“What does that mean?” Of course Jackie was a little. All humans are, at least as far as Mel understood.

“She’s … she just wants to know what it’s like to be a little. Like, real little.”

“Like a regressed little?” That made more sense. She knew Jackie was an unregressed, independent human because she’d already met her.

“Yeah. Like a toddler, basically. Just don’t change her in front of them, but otherwise, she just likes to be treated like a toddler.” At least that was true so far. She seemed fine that way yesterday.

“Maybe I should just let Donna handle her, in that case,” Mel suggested. That seemed like a win-win for everyone, expect perhaps for Jackie. “You’re going to be late.”

“Yeah. Thanks again. Could you fill Donna in on Jackie,” Amanda asked.

“Sure,” Mel said.

Amanda opened the door to find Donna halfway into the act of knocking. “Hey!”

“Hi!”

“I’m running behind. Thanks again. I’ll see you when I get back.”

Donna shut the door behind Amanda and passed through the foyer to the living room. Ella, Jackie, and Jamie were lined up on the couch in that order while Mel came in from the kitchen with three sippy cups. Donna made straight for the littles.

“Do you remember me,” Donna asked Ella.

“Yes. It’s nice to see you again,” Ella said. “Do you remember the rules about me?”

Donna seemed so proud of her self when she answered, “No touching without permission.”

“Correct.”

“And Jamie, how is it you attract all these pretty girls?”

“This is Jackie,” Jamie said instead of answering. “She’s Ella’s sister. She’s visiting for a few days.”

Donna knelt down on the floor in front of Jackie, putting her hands on Jackie’s feet. “Visiting from where,” she asked. “Hmm? Visiting from where, you cutie pie”

Jackie glanced at Ella and then Jamie, as though asking if they knew whether she was supposed to respond to the question. She accepted the cup from Mel with a nod that said thank you.

Jamie got Ella’s attention and made a show of putting his arms over his head and affecting a yawn. “I’m still tired.” He yawned again. “What about you, Ella? Are you still tired?”

Ella looked at Donna, who had the same smile she always seemed to wear plastered to her face and thought, it’s too early for this. “Yeah. I think I wanna take a nap. Mel, can you please help us into Jamie’s crib.”

“Sure,” Mel said. She picked up Ella when she held up her arms, and Jamie followed. Mel was disappointed. If the two of them were going to nap all morning, then she didn’t need Donna’s help, and if the two of them were napping all morning, she’d have no choice but to interact with Donna, with whom she hadn’t even exchanged a good morning yet. She got them situated in Jamie’s room and told them, “I’ll check on you in a bit. Call me if you need anything.”

They watched the door close, and Jamie said to Ella, “I feel a little guilty for leaving her out there.”

“She wants to know what it’s like to be a little. Sometimes being a little means dealing with a big like Donna … Which some littles like.”

“I meant Mel,” Jamie said with a laugh.

In the living room, Mel found Donna sitting on the sofa with Jackie right next to her. Her arms was around Jackie’s thin waist, and she didn’t seem to mind. Donna seemed in her element, as though Mel did not exist. Jackie seemed fascinated by Donna, and she didn’t mind when Donna placed her in her lap so she was facing her, then tipped her backward.

“Where’d Jackie go,” Donna sang before she gently pulled Jackie back up “There she is!” Jackie giggled, and Donna did it again, dipping her even lower so that her hair brushed the carpet. “Where’d Jackie go? There she is!” Donna put both arms around the little girl and rocked both their bodies side to side. “You are so precious!”

Mel watched, glad Amanda had explained everything to her and so not wondering why Jackie was so taken in by a routine that would have sent Jamie through the roof in a fit of anger. It seemed to Mel like a chance to have some fun. She liked littles, too, even if not to the same degree as Donna. She moved to the sofa with Donna watching her.

“How’ve you been,” Mel asked her.

“Good. Just working this summer.” Jackie looked from Donna to Mel. She’d only met Mel the once, and she hadn’t really spoken to her. She only knew what Ella had told her, that Mel was one of Jamie’s favorite people and that Ella liked her, too.

“I’ve just been job hunting and spending a lot of time over here,” Mel said, not meaning to make Donna feel jealous. It just came out.

“Hmm,” Donna said in response.

“And you’ll never guess what I found.”

“What?”

“A footsie!” Mel snatched Jackie’s foot in one hand and with the forefinger of the other started to tickle her. Jackie squealed and tried to get away, laughing all the while, until Donna couldn’t keep a hold on her anymore and gently let her slide to the floor. Mel got down onto the floor and pulled Jackie toward her by the ankle. “And I found a belly! I’ma gobble this belly! Nomnomnom! Ah nomnomnomnom!” Mel didn’t want to leave Donna out and so said, “Get her, Donna! Get those underarms!”

Hearing the squealing from the bedroom, Ella turned to Jamie with a big smile. “Sounds like they’re having fun.”

“Sounds like,” he agreed with a chuckle.

Ella bit her lower lip and pulled her eyebrows up and to the right as if thinking. “Bet you can’t make me make that sound.” Jamie took his cue and pounced.

The tickle fest turned into a wrestling match as Jackie tried in vain to stop Mel’s furious fingers, shouting to Donna, “Get her, not me! Get her, not me!” Donna obliged, and the two of them managed to come out on top, with Donna pinning Mel, who didn’t fight back very hard, while Jackie took her revenge on Mel’s sides, tickling her up and down.

“I give!” Mel cried. “I give!” Donna got off her, and Mel reached out and swept Jackie toward her. “I feel a wet butt. Did you wet your pants?” It seemed like an earnest question until she asked again, “Did you wet your pants? Yes, you did! Yes, you did! You wet your pants!”

Jackie would have blushed were she not already flushed from the wrestling match, and she nearly melted when Mel gave her three strong pats on the butt. She squeaked an, “Okay,” when Mel said she was going to change her diaper.

“I’m thirsty,” Jackie said while Mel worked.

“I’ll make you a drink,” Donna said and disappeared.

Mel made great fun with the change, playing peekaboo with the clean diaper while Jackie laughed and played right back. She was surprising herself but delighted to find that this part of ageplay she hadn’t ever really been interested in was fun in a way she didn’t know existed. To her, ageplay had been coloring and cartoons. This kind of ageplay, being played with by a much bigger person, made to laugh and feel small, adored, childlike again felt like something that had been missing, and not just from her kink life.

Rolling around on the floor, the feeling of fingers and hands in her underarms, on her belly, brushing the soles of her feet while she squirmed kindled memories of a time when she was very little. Perhaps from before her world had turned upside down. She had wondered many times over the years whether she would be an ageplayer if she’d had a normal childhood. There was no link that she knew of between the two – plenty of people with delightful childhoods were ageplayers as well – and she made the conscious decision to stop wondering and just enjoy it. To enjoy the care free times, the times that reminded her that she had once been an innocent, and that like everyone does, she wished could be again sometimes.

The tight garment being wrapped around her hips, hugging her down there so snugly, was just a bonus. She liked the way it felt on her and when it was warm and wet, and she liked bigs’ hands wiping her down and smoothing rash cream into her diaper area. It wasn’t just the sensations, which Jackie was surprised to find were not just physical and not just sexual either. Being attended to made her feel more cared for than anything save a hug when she was sad.

Mel finished her chore at the same time Donna returned with a bottle. “Is that formula,” she asked.

“It was in the fridge, so I don’t think so,” Donna said. “C’mere, sweetie,” she said to Jackie as she stood up, ignoring the shorts she’d been wearing.

“Hmm,” was all Mel said. “That was the second to last diaper in the bag.”

“Let’s get you situated,” Donna said as she helped Jackie up onto her lap. “I’m sure Jamie has plenty in his nursery.”

“Those work in a pinch but don’t fit Ella so well.” She debated for a moment and decided to be a good friend and run out to get a small package. She knew she’d be paid back, and the store was just a few minutes away. She picked up the wet diaper. “Are you okay alone while I run out to get some more,” she asked Donna.

“Yeah, we’re good,” she answered. She finished arranging Jackie in her arms. Jackie had been bottle fed in this position once, and she liked it. Whether she liked being fed or just liked formula, she couldn’t tell and didn’t care.

“Be right back,” Mel said. She considered checking on Jamie and Ella first and decided against it. They hadn’t been alone very long. She threw the diaper away and left.

“You’re such a snuggly thing,” Donna said to her little charge. “Open up for Donna.”

Jackie eagerly took the bottle, and between swallowing the first sip and drawing the second, she felt something different than she felt when she had formula. It started in her belly and reached her toes just as it reached her brain. It was warm. It was soft. It was like fuzzy electricity. It made her wiggle. It made her stretch. It made her settle deeper in Donna’s arms and sigh. It made her happy and sleepy and content.

Watching her full body reaction, Donna realized this must be this little’s first time having real milk. She felt almost as happy as the little girl did, getting to share such a special moment. “Who’s a little girl,” Donna whispered. “Who’s just a little girl?”

Jackie didn’t answer. She kept drinking down that milk until the bottle was empty and she was full. She felt her head spin and seemed to swoon a little. Then her head felt heavy, and what little of her weight she was still holding she let all go against Donna. Her eyes too heavy to lift. Jackie didn’t know what she’d just had. It didn’t feel like any drink or drug she’d ever tried. She was just happy inside, so happy that she didn’t care about anything just then except enjoying this utterly wonderful feeling.

In that state, she thought nothing of finally, after two days, doing the one thing she’d purposely not done since she left the hotel the morning the rest of her family had gone home, and it ended up in the seat of her diaper. She didn’t care about that, either; hardly even noticed it.

Donna did, and she patted the little girl’s butt and waited for her to finish. She’d change that diaper when Jackie was a little more alert. She didn’t get enough time with littles, and this – a little resting in her arms, all small and soft and cute and contented – this was her favorite thing about littles.

Jackie felt herself coming back around. She wasn’t sure if she’d fallen asleep for a moment or not. It hadn’t lasted long, that euphoric feeling, just a few minutes. She sighed again and rolled her head, opening her eyes and looking at Donna. She was aware again, so very tired, and she couldn’t seem to think straight.

Donna looked back and saw Jackie’s eyes turn to her left as her brow furrowed. Her cheeks drew inward, and Donna recognized what would happen next. “Don’t cry.” The coo had no effect. “O, sweetie, don’t cry. We’ll get that yucky diaper right off you.” Donna stood up and rocked Jackie, patting her back and butt trying to soothe her. “Let’s get you all clean.”

“I want outta this diaper,” Jackie mewled through her sobs.

“Okay. Shhh.” Donna knelt on the floor with Jackie in one arm and pulled the changing mat from the bag. The last diaper came out with it. “You’re okay, baby girl. It’s just a yucky diaper.”

“Get it off,” Jackie whined. Donna spread the pad and got the diaper off and Jackie clean again. With each wipe, Jackie cried a little less. She felt exhausted. First the milk, which now seemed to make her feel heavy all over again, and then the exertion of tears way out of proportion to the problem, had her nearly limp. Jackie’s poor little brain was firing synapses in every direction; she felt foggy. Donna sealed up the old diaper and unfolded the new one. She lifted Jackie’s ankles.

“No. I don’t want another one. I want my underwear back.”

“We’re almost done,” Donna said. These were her underwear, clearly. The other diaper on the floor was testament to that, and there were no other underwear in the diaper bag when Donna looked.

“No! Lemme go!” Jackie had had enough of diapers. What had just happened was gross, and she was done with them. She wanted her underwear back. She’d wanted to find out what it was like to be a little; she’d done that; enough was enough. She needed, at a minimum, a break from being a little. If only she had been able to communicate so clearly what she was feeling inside.

“Sweetie,” Donna tried to calm her, “Sweetie, let’s get you into …”

“No! I’m done! Let go of me!” If Jackie had seen herself just then, she’d have been shocked and a little embarrassed. She couldn’t have known that the cumulative emotional toll of the week and the morning, set off by how unpleasant she’d found the sensation of a dirty diaper and a desire to just be done with being a little, combined with the high and crash of the milk to produce an epic mood swing and temper tantrum. She thrashed to her right and left and right again, and Donna instinctively gave her a slap on the butt.

It had the desired effect, for a moment at least, of ending the tantrum. Jackie stopped thrashing and settled onto her back again with her ankles still in Donna’s left hand. It turned out to be a temporary reprieve.

“Screw you! And LET! ME! GO!” Jackie thrashed again and, it seemed, tried to sit up and take a swing at Donna. Donna was shocked. Littles of lesser degrees of regression sometimes trotted out naughty language when they were in the midst of a temper tantrum. That bothered Donna less than the need to end the tantrum and get Jackie into a new diaper, and she could spend five minutes in time out then. Jackie found herself lifted backward so her butt was off the changing mat and received three more swats. She was weighing in her head the fact that she hadn’t been given permission to spank, but she also hadn’t been told not to, and pretty much everyone she knew would spank for this kind of behavior, if only to bring it to an immediate end.

“Do you need a real spanking,” Donna asked with her hand poised to swat again. She hoped the light smacks she’d already given and the threat would be sufficient. “Or can we get this diaper on you now and go back to playing?”

Jackie, with her butt in the air still, felt the sting but still did not want that diaper on. She wasn’t a dependent little, after all. She didn’t have to do what this big said. Of course, she didn’t know what had been relayed to Donna about her, or that Mel, in her initial excitement to play with her, hadn’t passed on anything about Jackie to Donna. Even Donna, as little blind as she could be, wouldn’t make an independent little do anything she didn’t want to. But a dependent little she was placed in charge of? She’d do whatever she thought she needed to in order to properly care for one, and this one had just loaded a diaper. Clearly, she needed another one even if she didn’t want one.

Unable to control the swirl of emotions rushing through her, Jackie spat back again, “Let! Me! Fucking! GO!” and tried to kick free.

Donna sighed. She’d spanked a little or two before, and she decidedly did not like it, but she knew that many littles, depending on how regressed they were, couldn’t be reasoned with, and sometimes that meant they needed a pop on the butt. Sometimes, it meant they needed more than a pop on the butt, and unfortunately, this little one’s obstinacy, foul language, and physical outburst were all fairly strong evidence this was one of those times. There was obviously no reasoning with this little girl in the state she was in.

“Have it your way,” she said as she pulled Jackie toward herself and picked her up under the arms. She stood and pivoted straight down onto the couch, laying Jackie across her lap. She held the little girl across the waist with her left hand, and Jackie made clear the final warning she would have gotten was pointless as she kicked her legs furiously trying to get away. Instead, Donna gave her a spank. It put an immediate stop to the kicking.

Suddenly sober, Jackie remembered what it was like to get a spank on the butt, a real one, from someone three times your size. O shit, she thought as Donna reluctantly but firmly brought her hand down onto Jackie’s bare butt to punctuate her lecture.

“You. Do. Not. Say. Naughty! Words! Or. Hit!” Jackie’s response was to sob.

“And you will let me! Put you! In. A. Clean. Diaper!”

Jackie bawled, and Donna, her heart heavy, lifted the poor little girl to her breast and let her cry into her tee shirt, rubbing her bottom for her.

“You gonna be a good girl now?” Donna certainly hoped so. She’d much rather cuddle a little than spank one.

“Mhmm.” Jackie managed to get the words out before another sob took hold.

“You’re okay. Shh shh shh shh. It’s all over. Let’s get you dressed again.” Donna got back down on the carpet and laid Jackie on the mat. The little girl offered no assistance as Donna rubbed rash cream onto her past-pink-but-not-yet-red butt. She got her into the new diaper, picked her back up, and laid back down on the sofa with Jackie on top of her, still quietly crying. She cooed and shushed her, telling her, “Everything’ alright. You’re forgiven. It’s all over. You’re a good girl again.” That’s how Mel found them.

“Why is she crying,” Mel asked as she set the shopping bag down.

Donna sighed apologetically as she continued to rub circles on Jackie’s back. “She needed a spanking. She’s just crying it out.”

“You did what!” Mel didn’t hear Donna’s explanation over her own lecture, and Donna didn’t understand why Mel was so upset. Donna knew Mel wasn’t opposed to spanking, and though it wasn’t as common as it used to be, it was still mostly accepted that a littlesitter could spank a little’s butt if she needed to, and that was as bad a tantrum as Donna had ever seen, and worse language. Donna was confident that under the circumstances, just about anyone who wasn’t as anti-spanking as Becky and Amanda would’ve done what she’d done.

“Give her to me.”

“She’s fine,” Donna protested.

“Give her to me now!” Mel said as she reached into Donna’s arms and pulled Jackie away. She carried her straight to the kitchen, rocking her and wishing she had a pacifier she could give her, the poor thing.

“I’m so sorry! Shhh.” She kept patting her back. “Are you okay?”

Jackie picked her head up from Mel’s shoulder and mumbled something through her soft tears. Mel brushed the hair out of the little’s girls face and wiped away a tear with her thumb. “What did you say,” Mel asked.

“I’m so happy.” Jackie broke down into fresh, gentle sobs again. Mel blinked in surprise, bobbing her head back to look at the crying, smiling little girl in her arms. “I’m so happy,” she said again. “Please don’t tell anyone.”

Mel rubbed her back again and chuckled first, then laughed. She carried her back into the living room, bouncing her gently in her arms. Mel didn’t approve of what Donna had done. Spanking a little you were sitting for was okay with most bigs – Becky’s and Amanda’s absolute anti-spanking beliefs weren’t a rarity, but they were not common – but usually a big would give permission for that, or else you didn’t do it. Not in San Siena; not among the current generation. Certainly Mel would never have done what Donna had done without permission, but then, she wasn’t there. Maybe she would’ve, if Jackie weren’t independent. Recalling that, and holding her made it easy to forget, made Mel realize this was partly her fault. She’d forgotten to pass on what Amanda had told her and that Jackie was an independent little. Crap, Mel said to herself. She felt pretty terrible, saved from absolute guilt only by Jackie’s completely unexpected reaction.

In any case, Mel reasoned that Jackie wanted to know what being a little was like, and looking at the empty bottle on the couch, the rolled up diaper that was still on the floor, and spotting the pink skin peeking out from around the edges of the clean one Jackie was wearing, she’d gotten her wish. Maybe she hadn’t wanted it all of it at the time, but she was one satisfied little, so it seemed.

“She wants you,” Mel said as she handed Jackie back to Donna. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay,” she said as she accepted the weepy little back into her arms.

“You really shouldn’t do that without permission from their big.”

“Well,” she said as she patted Jackie’s butt gently, “I didn’t not have permission, and that was a pretty nasty tantrum. Just needed to spank her reset button.”

Mel sighed. Donna could be hardheaded, and maybe in the home she grew up in that was common, as it certainly had been everywhere not very long ago and still was in many places. She glanced down the hall toward the nursery, thinking of Jamie and Ella, how they seemed at one end of a spectrum and Jackie a long way toward the other, yet they were all unregressed. Clearly there was more to humans than just whether they were regressed. So long as Jackie was happy, Mel decided to drop it and to keep her secret. Mel could beat herself up for her mistake and apologize to Jackie later.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Alex Bridges said:

Jackie was so taken in by a routine that would have sent Jamie through the roof in a fit of anger.

Bhahaha I loved it 

Donna giving Jackie the baby treatment was the perfect duo . She getting spanked for her filthy mouth was sad sorta could you imagine the size of their bars of soap in your mouth ?

You know after having a mommy for years the baby treatment after you had it over and over kinda don't want it. I will be changing in the morning and she will come in and finish up just so she can talk to me before I start out the door for work. But after you been married to same beautiful woman for 20 years you kinda don't worry about the small stuff it just happens on its on

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, littleTomás said:

So Jackie likes BDSM... Well, I guess that makes two of us, but it would have been nice for her to give Amanda the heads up on that one.

I think she figured it out on the spot. She didn’t intend to get herself spanked. Swirl of emotions plus breast milk equals temper tantrum. Surely a lesson there for us all ????????

7 minutes ago, Alex Bridges said:

I think she figured it out on the spot. She didn’t intend to get herself spanked. Swirl of emotions plus breast milk equals temper tantrum. Surely a lesson there for us all ????????

Everyone always says that tequila shots are a bad idea before playtime, but I guess Amazon breast milk makes for a good time, lol.:baby-wants-milk-smiley-emoticon:

• Haha 1

Hehe I had a feeling that Donna and Jackie would somehow be paired up ?
Though the twist that Jackie told Mel she was so happy surprised me. ?

• Like 1
On 12/22/2019 at 10:41 AM, Alex Bridges said:

Chapter 59

Okay I was not expecting that at the end

• Like 1

Chapter 64

“Sorry I have to leave,” Jackie said as she lay in Ella’s crib the night before her departure.

“Was it what you wanted?”

“Yeah. It was ... Part of me wants to stay. It feels, I don’t know, a little bit more like I’m me here.”

“Really?” Ella was skeptical of that.

“Not all the way. I don’t think I’d be happy being a little all the time, but sometimes ... It would be nice to be able to switch back and forth.”

“That could be possible with the right big. Be an independent little during the day, come home to being treated like a dependent little at the end of the day.”

Jackie sighed. She knew from the first that she couldn’t stay. It had never been even a consideration “I can’t stay, Ella. I can’t do that to Mom and Dad.” Jackie realized what she’d just said and was quick to clarify, “I mean, if another of their children ended up here it would be too much for them. It makes complete sense why you’re staying. I’m not saying you shouldn’t. I just mean both daughters ending up here, I don’t think they could handle that.”

Ella understood what she meant and agreed. It would be too hard

“I mean,” Jackie continued, “I’m not even sure I’d like to stay much longer. I’m kinda bored.”

“It’s different when it’s permanent,” Ella explained. “You find yourself a routine, the things that make you happy. Hobbies, friends.”

“I know. I guess I’m just not ready to be retired yet, so to speak.”

“I get it,” Ella assured her. “I wasn’t either.” She half way shrugged and looked away, blinking. Jackie reminded Ella of herself, at least in that she was a young woman ready to start her life. She was eight years older than Ella had been when she was taken. “What will you do when you get back?”

“Teach, I think. While I look for a job. Shouldn’t be hard to find one. I can substitute teach until then. I taught in grad school.”

Ella was glad she had a plan, if also, somewhere inside, jealous. “I’m glad you stayed. I’m glad we got this time together.”

“Me too. I’ll miss you, but it’s not forever.”

“No. I’m sure of that.” Not many, and not for a while, but Ella knew it wasn’t a forever goodbye.

“I’ll miss Jamie, too. He’s funny.”

“Mhmm.” He’d been very kind to Jackie, though Ella could see he was getting tired of her playing with his bigs. Perhaps because she was a novelty, Jackie had monopolized much of their time. It was cute, in a way, how he’d climbed into Amanda’s lap that morning and clung to her. He was done sharing and but wouldn’t be rude about it. Instead, he just hung on her so Jackie couldn’t.

“And Amanda and Donna.”

Ella shook her head, chuckling to herself. “I can’t stand Donna. Jamie, either.”

“So you’ve both said. But I had fun with her. I liked the way she treated me.”

“Because your a kinky little monkey,” Ella teased. “I’m sure you won’t have any trouble finding someone back home to spank your butt for you.”

“No,” Jackie, “I won’t, but it’s not just that. She made me feel ...”

“Little again?”

“Yeah. Like she wasn’t pretending. It was nice ... I missed that, somewhat. That part of my life.”

“I understand ... you’ll always be my little sister. Here...” Ella rearranged herself so she was spooning Jackie. “Better?” She liked this. She’d so often held her little sister when they were kids. Every day they spent together it seemed like it was becoming more and more that kind of relationship again. Not they they both weren’t adults, but that they felt more and more like genuine sisters, sisters in feeling and not blood only. “You have everything packed?

“Yeah.” Ella was sending her home with a case of formula and a bag of diapers. Jackie wasn’t sure how she’d hide those in her parent’s house yet, but she’d only be there a few weeks until she moved out again, this time for good.

“We better sleep fast. The departure is early,” Ella said.

“Goodnight.”

“Night-night, little sis.”

——————————-

Stacy dropped Ella off at Becky’s late, after another tearful goodbye at the port. Hopefully the last for a long while. Stacy was sad to see Jackie go. She liked her, and she hoped her leaving wouldn’t make Ella melancholy. She hadn’t given much thought to that until now. In all the preparation for the visit, they hadn’t prepared for its end. They hadn’t known how it would end. Stacy kept a close eye on Ella all through the drive to Becky’s, checking on her in the mirror, to see if her eyes were wet. They weren’t, but Ella didn’t say anything either.

At Becky’s, Ella walked straight to the breezeway, where she found Kazoo and sat herself down next to him. She liked how small he was. She couldn’t exactly hug Yogi, not in the way she could pick up Kazoo and wrap her arms all the way around him. Becky joined her on the floor.

“Jamie and Manda are in the back,” she told her.

“I know. Just need some dog time.”

“Ya know,” Becky said, “I know I’m not Stacy or Jamie or even Manda, but you can always talk to me, too. If you want to.”

Ella shook her head, not dismissively, and pressed her lips together. “I know. Thank you. It’s just ...” Becky was a big, not anywhere as intense as Donna in her approach to littles, but she never seemed to grasp to the same degree as Stacy or Amanda who she was, how she was different than Jamie. They were both unregressed, yet Jamie embraced and adopted the mannerisms of a regressed little to a greater degree than Ella. Ella was never sure if Becky understood that was a choice on his part, something unique to his relationship with his bigs because that was the only context in which it felt natural to him, and not just him settling into the role that was expected for littles.

Ella took a deep breath and rubbed her cheeks and eyes and forehead in her left hand. “I could’ve been Jackie, ya know. That could’ve been me ... My family ... I could be the one just starting out in life, or I could’ve been. Everything in front of me. That’s what she’s going home to.”

Becky just nodded empathetically. She didn’t know how to talk to littles this way, to anyone, really, but especially littles. She didn’t know the things to say. She could manage with Jamie, but when he had big thoughts to share, he did it with Manda most often, and Becky knew she was better at it. Fortunately, he didn’t have those kinds of big thoughts often anymore. His troubles were usually small enough that Becky was just as good at fixing them as Manda, and sometimes better.

“Just brings up a lot.” Ella shook her head, and Becky saw a flash of anger. “I was happy here, then I wasn’t. I stayed because I was happy here ... Now I’m ... I’m still glad I stayed, but ... It’s just bringing up a lot of ‘what now.’ What do I do now? It made more sense before they came. Or it do don’t make sense; it was just, ‘this is my life.’ Not a question. Feels like a question again. What do I do now? ... Thinking about Jackie, just kinda reminding me that this is it for me. There’s no next. I’m Stacy’s little for the rest of my life. I’m Jamie’s partner for the rest of our lives. That’s it ... Doesn’t feel like as much as it did before all this happened ... Sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry.” Becky said. She didn’t have anything else to say. She didn’t know what else she could say. She felt she had to, though. And yet everything she could think of felt wrong and sounded worse in her mind, so she settled for, “I’m here for you, and Amanda’s here for you. Anything in our power to do.”

“I was up early,” Ella said. “Could you please help me into Jamie’s crib?”

“Of course. You want me to go get Jamie, too?”

“No. I just wanna sleep ... Can I bring Kaz?”

“Yeah. You can bring the puppy,” Becky said as he she picked up Ella and patted her leg for Kazoo to follow.

After Ella was tucked in, Becky looked out the window at Jamie. She’d let Ella tell him how she was feeling. Watching him at his play with Amanda, she didn’t want to interrupt his fun. All summer, his fun had been getting interrupted. She just wanted to watch him smile, him and Amanda.

——————

“Gotta say it,” Amanda said to Mel while they were driving between estate sales. “This summer has sucked beyond the telling of it ... aside from you getting a job, I mean.”

“Hasn’t been completely bad.”

“Ella is a mess right now, even if she’s a quiet one. That means Jamie is unhappy, and he’s trying so hard to be brave right now anyway, and I think the only reason he’s holding it together is for me and Mom, and I want him to stop doing that.”

“You’d rather he was a mess, too?”

“It’s our job to take care of him, not the other way around ... I’d rather he weren’t holding in feelings. It’s not good for him. You know how he gets ... Only time I wish he were regressed is when he’s holding in his feelings. Regressed littles don’t do that.”

“I’m sorry.” Mel could tell Jamie’s moods most of the time, but she wasn’t as adept at seeing through his masks as Amanda and Becky were. “What can I do to help?”

“Can you watch him on moving day?”

“Yeah. I can do that.” 

“And I don’t know about Ella. I think she just needs time to get back into her routine. Time for everything she’s feeling right now to feel old, dull ... I think she’ll find her happiness again.”

“What exactly is bothering her? I thought she wanted to stay.”

“She does. It’s just ... maybe she just feels like it’s official now. Like she turned her back on that world for good ... She wanted to be an artist, ya know? Wanted to have a career. A family of her own. I think just seeing her family made her realize all over again that none of that is going to happen ... and she told Jamie that they all went back to these rich lives, and she doesn’t feel like that’s what she has. Not right now, anyway. She used to.”

Thinking out loud, Mel asked, “Why can’t she be an artist? I mean, she’s good, not just for a little, but actually good.”

“How do you mean?”

“What’s an artist? Someone who makes and sells art. Why couldn’t she? Being a little might even help, sort of a gimmick.”

“Hadn’t really thought of that.”

“Why not let her paint a wall of your apartment? A mural or something.”

“Huh. I’ll ask if she wants to. That’s a good idea.”

“Let her paint whatever she wants.”

“In Jamie’s play area. Where the kitchen table would go, if I was getting one. She can have that whole back wall.” They drove in silence for a few seconds.

“I really like this dresser you got,” Mel remarked, looking into the back of Becky’s car again. “I want it.”

“Sorry. You can come visit it whenever you want.”

“Doesn’t even need much work. Just a coat of paint.”

“Thanks for helping pick out the colors. The blue trim will really look nice. And for helping get it in the car.”

“We can paint it right in the driveway. Keep it in the garage until moving day.”

“Yeah, guess I’ll have to park in the driveway for a few weeks. No more room in there for both cars and my stuff ... Gonna have to start packing for real soon, too. Guess I’ll do it at night.”

“Why night?”

“So Jamie doesn’t see.”

“He really does seem okay with it.”

“Because it’s still an abstract idea. He got used to the idea. He’s gonna get bummed out again when he sees my room start to get empty, and then he’s not gonna tell us he’s bummed out, and then he’s gonna he all clingy and mopey and short tempered. He’ll do that thing where he just climbs into your lap and puts his head on you and sniffles. I fucking hate that.” She shook her head.

“Yeah, that’s never fun. Cute when he’s like that, but sucks that he’s sad.”

“Ya know what he did this week? Climbed out of his crib in the middle of the night to come ask me if I want a second little.”

“Really? I’m surprised he can climb outta his crib.”

“Brought his bear, his bottle, and a diaper change.”

“Because of Jackie?”

“Because I was having so much fun with her. Little fibber says to me, ‘Do you want another little? It’s okay if you do.’ Couldn’t fib his way out of a paper bag.”

“Do you?”

“Do I what?”

“Want another little?”

Amanda sighed. “Playing with a little girl was fun and different and sweet in a different way than with Jamie. Wouldn’t mind getting to do that more, but I’ve got my hands full.”

“If you didn’t? I mean, if you were settled and could afford it, would you?”

Manda shrugged and made a face. “Probably not. I’d rather have my own child than another little. And I don’t wanna make Jamie share me. He’s too jealous. And too needy, frankly.”

“Yeah...”

“My mom said he’s our ‘little soulmate.’ That we only get the one.”

“He is. I don’t know about the second part, but you three are soulmates.”

“He adores you, too.”

“I know. He’s my bear.”

“He’s my bear,” Manda corrected her.

“Fine. He’s your bear, and that’s your dresser. I’ll just be over in my own apartment, with zero bears and all my clothes still in boxes.”

Amanda backed into the driveway. “You’re next. Finding a place,” she said as she turned the car off and got out.

Becky was eager to see what Amanda had bought and met them in the driveway with Jamie on her hip. “What’d you get?”

“A dresser and matching nightstand.” Amanda opened the gate.

“Wow. It’s in such good shape.”

“Just need to wipe it down and repaint it,” Mel said. “Jamie, you mind pulling it out for us?” He stuck his tongue out at her.

“Big foot says what,” he asked. Not that she got the reference or the joke.

“Huh?”

“Dammit.” Wasn’t a good joke anyway.

Amanda got a drop cloth from the garage and laid it out on the driveway. She and Mel slid the dresser out and deposited it on the cloth, setting the nightstand next to it.

“$100 for the set,” Amanda said proudly.

“Nice score!” It would’ve been ten times that new in a store.

“Want some help,” Becky asked when Amanda went back into the garage for the paint. Jamie would’ve liked to help, but there were enough hands as is. He settled for reading a book on a blanket under the tree until he feel asleep. Watching him, Mel had an evil idea. She waited until Becky and Manda we’re both inside, and went to work quickly.

At home that evening, she got the text she was so eagerly waiting for from Manda: “HE IS NOT YOUR BEAR!!!!!”

Laughing so hard it hurt, Mel texted back, “But it says ‘Mel’s Bear’ right on his back in big blue letters!”

”It’s not coming off,” Manda texted back.

”O shit,” Mel responded. “I’m so sorry!!!!” Fun to terrible guilt in an instant.

Jamie took the phone and texted her back, “Got you! Burn. And I’m Manda’s Bear.”

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Chapter 65

“Let’s get your dress off,” Becky said as she helped Jamie out of the tee shirt dress that had become his usual outfit for the beach. He was right about it being so comfortable in the heat. On the hot sand, it was better than shorts. In an instant, he was in his speedo and swim diaper. Becky had spread sunblock all over him before leaving home, so he was set to play as soon as he took his own sandals off. Rosie and Jane were on their way, and Manda and Mel would be joining them after they ran some moving errands. 

“Ya know,” Jamie said to Becky, “the last time I moved, I bought everything I needed online. Why doesn’t Manda do that?”

“If everybody bought everything online, there’d be no stores left in our town.”

“Hmm.” He didn’t discuss politics with Manda and Becky, partly because he almost never watched the news. If it didn’t involve littles, he didn’t care enough to be informed. Selfish, perhaps, he thought, but also part of him being done with adulting. He didn’t know Manda and Becky actually changed their habits, and made things less convenient for themselves, to fit their politics. He respected that; few people do it.

“Let’s go play,” Becky said as she stood and took his hand. They walked into the surf together. With each big wave, or big to Jamie, Becky lifted him by the hand, pulling him above the crest with a cry of, “Whoop! Up goes Jamie!” When they were deep enough, Becky laid on her back and pulled Jamie on top of her. He was light enough for it. “My little fishy.”

Jamie was glad to see Becky in such a fine mood. He was still worried about her, and throughout the visit of Ella’s family he thought she’d been pensive. Now, she was happy for all of them to be free of those cares, at least for an afternoon.

“Can I be a flying fish,” Jamie asked.

“A flying fish? There’s no such thing!”

“Yes, there is,” Jamie giggled.

“How does a fish fly? Like this?” Becky planted her feet and tossed Jamie into the air. He landed a few feet away and came back up sputtering. She snatched him from the water and did it again. He came up laughing.

“I like that game,” he told her as he paddled over and put his arms around her neck. He’d been awfully affectionate the last several days, and that wasn’t at all like him when there was a pool or ocean for him to swim in. Becky could see Manda and Mel walking toward their spot. Becky had agreed with Amanda that they shouldn’t tell Jamie about Mel’s job for a bit, and they intended to tell him that evening, provided he was in a happy mood all day.

“I see your sister and Aunt Mel.”

“Let’s go say hi.” They’d been spotted first, and Mel quickly took her dress and sandals off and ran into the surf.

“Uh oh, Jamie! She’s coming to get you!” 

“She’s too slow,” Jamie said haughtily. Becky let him go, and Mel stopped short.

“Is that my nephew or a fish,” Mel asked.

“Fish,” Becky said at the same time Jamie said, “Nephew.”

“I’ma get him and find out!” Mel dove under the waves, and Jamie took off. Neither put all their effort into it, and Jamie stayed just out of arms reach. “Get back here!”

“Hehehee!”

“I’ma get you so bad!”

“Never!”

“You’re only making it worse!”

While they were chasing each other, Amanda walked into the surf and stood next to her mom. “Got linens now,” Amanda reported. “Didn’t realize how expensive they were.” Outfitting her own apartment was making Amanda appreciate, truly appreciate, what Becky had spent raising her and keeping their home comfortable, and all the work she did to earn that money.

“Did you get two sets?”

“Yeah.” Leaky little boys had to be accounted for. “And a playpen set in case he ever needs to sleep in there.”

“Good girl.” Becky hadn’t thought of that. “Before you know it, he’s not gonna be crib trained anymore. He’s gonna wanna be in your bed or mine all the time.”

“He likes his crib. Probably wishes we could sleep in there with him instead.”

Mel walked through the water with Jamie in her arms. “I caught this fish person. What am I supposed to do now?”

“I don’t know,” Manda said. “Toss it over here, and I’ll take a closer look.” Mel whispered to Jamie, and when he nodded Mel held him under the armpits and tossed him toward Manda. She caught him gently, letting him fall into the water with her hands on his sides.

“Is it upside down,” Manda asked and flipped Jamie over so she had him by his ankles.

“Manda! Let me down!” He didn’t like being upside down. She flipped him back over and blew a saltwater raspberry on his tummy.

“Mama,” Jamie faux whined, “Everybody’s being mean to me.”

“C’mere, baby,” Becky said and took him from his sister. “I’ll keep you safe.” She turned him around so his back was to her and put her arms behind his knees, making a chair for him to sit in.

“We got you something,” Amanda said. “Mel picked them out.”

“What’d I get,” he asked.

“Sheets for your new playpen. Guess what they have on them?”

“Um, trucks?”

“No.”

“Airplanes?”

“Uh uh.”

“Dinosaurs?”

“Closer.”

“Teddy bears?”

“Teddy Bears!”

“I thought you’d like to sleep with your own kind once in a while,” Mel told him.

“Thank you.”

“I see Jane coming,” Becky said. “Should we go say hi?”

They met Jane at their chairs, where Jamie found himself wrapped in a towel and sitting in Becky’s lap. Rosie, wearing a pink swim suit with yellow ruffles, ignored everyone and sat down in the sand with her shovel and pail and began to dig. Jamie suspected he’d be able to get her talk today if he wanted to, but perhaps he didn’t want to. Perhaps he just wanted to play silently alongside her instead.

“Hi, Jane,” Jamie said as he chewed the corner of his towel. Becky noticed and brushed it away. One of his eternal bad habits.

“Hey, Jamester. How’s life treating you?” 

Jamie hid a frown and answered, “Like a boss.” 

“What’s this I hear about you getting your own place and letting Manda stay with you?”

He giggled and said, “I’m even letting her share my bed.”

“Very generous. You picked a good one, Becky.”

“May I get down?” Becky slid him off her lap and onto the sand, holding his towel as he walked free of it to collect his own shovel from their beach bag and sit down next to Rosie. Simple Rosie. She was never complicated or hard. She never had issues she needed help working through. At least that he knew of. He hadn’t seen much of her over the summer. “May I help,” he asked.

Rosie pointed to the far side of the hole she’d started, and he sat down to begin digging.

“Are we going for wide or deep,” he asked.

“Just make a hole, Jamie,” Rosie replied. No need to make it more complicated than that.

——————-

At home, everyone took a shower and a nap, including Mel. The day had been hot, the beach sandy, and the water salty. It felt good to be clean again, and everyone was tired, Jamie most of all. His swimming and digging had wrung the energy from him, and as he usually did on beach days, he ended up in his crib in just a diaper, his covers and even his bear pushed to the very end of the mattress to he could lie on his belly and feel the wind from the ceiling fan. 

In the living room, it was decided that Mel should tell him after dinner, but it was Manda who got him up from his nap while Becky made dinner. They let him sleep longer than normal, and he’d probably be up later than he should, but he needed the sleep. He slept without moving. Manda woke him up running the tip of her finger the length of his spine, singing, “Baby Bear ... Baaaaby Bear.”

Jamie woke and snuggled his pillow. “Hi.”

“Are you ready to get up? It’s almost dinner time.”

“Mhmm.” He pushed himself up, and Amanda plucked him from his crib and deposited him on the changing table.

“You played so hard today,” she said. Watching him blink, she reached back into the crib for his bottle of water before opening his diaper. “Shoot,” she said.

“What?”

“You got a little rash from your swimsuit. Do you mind going naked until dinner time?”

“No.” Amanda wiped him clean and spread a thick layer of hydrocortisone cream on the inside of his thighs where his bathing suit had rubbed his skin just a little raw. Some fresh air would do it good. She sat him up. “What do you wanna wear tonight?”

“Dress.” That’s what she was wearing. Manda got the clean one from his closet and slipped it over his head. Jamie liked the racer back straps best. With no need for a towel for him to sit on, Manda took a diaper from the table and put Jamie on her hip. She carried him to the living room, tossed the diaper on the side table, and said, “Go see your Aunt Melissa until dinner time.” She handed him over.

“I feel a bare butt,” Mel said as she patted his behind. “You get a good nap?”

“Uh huh. What’s for dinner?”

“Pizza. Looks like your mom is making it from scratch.”

“She’s good at that. Makes the dough herself. Nice and light after a day at the beach.”

“What’s your favorite topping?”

“After a day at the beach? Basil.”

“Mmmm. Yummy.”

Becky came into the living room. “Can I check him, Mel?”

“Sure,” she said, not understanding what she meant.

“Lay back, baby,” and he and Mel both did. Becky lifted Jamie’s dress to peak at his rash. “Does it hurt?”

“Not bad.”

“I’m sorry. I should’ve changed you into something dry.”

“It’s okay. It’ll get better in a day or two.”

“Got a little chub rub,” Mel asked.

“Just a little,” Jamie assured her.

“These are gonna cook real fast once I put them in the oven. Can you please take him to wash his hands.”

“I’ll do that, and I’ll even put his undies on him,” Mel replied as she stood up and took the diaper from the side table.

The pizza was good. Becky was good at making pizza sauce, and she kept the toppings light. Just a little cheese and some basil for Jamie. Becky played with Jamie in the living room while Manda and Mel did the dishes. “He might get upset,” Manda reminded her, “but it’s not your fault. Okay? He really will be happy for you.”

“I know.”

“Ready,” Manda asked as she dried her hands on a dish towel. She hung it over the handle of the oven door to dry.

“Is it my turn again,” Mel asked as she held her arms out and walked toward Jamie. Becky gave him up.

Mel felt overcome with a desire to baby him rather than tell him, to raise the pitch of her voice, tickle his belly, and be silly with him. She knew she couldn’t. She sat down instead, with Becky on one side and Manda in the other. She tried to sound upbeat despite how worried she was about his reaction. She remembered what had happened when Amanda announced she was moving out - they all did and were hopeful the scene would not repeat itself.

“I have some news to tell you,” Mel said after she had moved Jamie to her left thigh so they could face each other. Jamie  instantly knew what the news was. There wasn’t anything else it could be, that he knew of, that she’d announce to him in this way.

The presence of Becky and Amanda on his left and right made Jamie feel as though he were being managed. He knew it was because they all cared so much about his feelings that they were crowded around him, yet he also felt it was presumptuous, like he’d be a mess who would need three people to comfort him. He was still an adult. He could manage his own reaction. It wasn’t, after all, like Amanda moving out. It wasn’t as bad as that.

“I got a job. I start the beginning of next week.”

Jamie’s reaction was genuine. “Congratulations! I’m so happy for you!” He hugged her. “Tell me about it.”

“I’m the new in-house interior designer for a furniture store.”

“So you’ll be helping people pick things out?”

“And designing whole rooms. I’ll go to their homes and talk about what they want it to be like and help them pick things out and arrange it and decorate.”

“That’s awesome. I’m so happy for you.”

“Really?”

“Of course! This is a big deal. I’m proud of you, too.”

“Aww. Thank you.”

“You were worried about my reaction?”

“A little bit,” Amanda said. “You mentioned a few times you would miss days like today, and with how everything’s been lately.”

“I will miss days like today, but we’ll still have some, won’t we?”

“Of course.”

“And maybe sometimes we can some meet you for lunch at your work,” he said hopefully.

“I’d like that. What will you being me,” Mel asked.

“Tacos.”

“My favorite!”

“How about some celebratory ice cream,” Becky asked as she got up.

“I’ll help,” Amanda said and followed. 

In the kitchen, Becky asked quietly, “Is he faking?”

“He’s happy for her, but I can’t tell if he’s upset, too.”

“Ice cream,” Becky exclaimed as she came back into the living room with a bowl in each hand. She handed one to Mel, and Amanda then handed a smaller one to Jamie. He picked up his spoon and Mel gently took it from him.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“Eating ice cream.”

“All by yourself?” He smiled and settled himself back against her, and she fed him spoonful after tiny spoonful. 

“Know what else I want from you,” Mel told him between bites. “A picture for my desk. Will you draw me one?”

“Yeah. What do you want a picture of?”

“You. How about that? A little Jamie for my desk.”

“I’d like that ... Can we do a sleep over before you start work?”

“I’d like that, too,” Mel told him. She gave him a squeeze and a kiss.

Even though he’d had a long nap, Becky opted to put him down for bed at his regular time in the hope he’d manage to sleep and wake up at his regular times. He asked to sleep her in bed that night, and after changing him into his pajamas and getting his bear and water bottle, she carried him upstairs. 

She turned down the covers for him and asked, “Too much ice cream for bedtime milk?”

Jamie’s lip trembled, and he closed his eyes tight, pushing out a gush of tears. He didn’t cry out, just barely crying as his breath quavered and tears ran free.

“I’m sorry, baby. Mama’s so sorry.” She rocked him and patted his back. “Everything will be okay. Different but okay.”

“I really am happy for her.”

“I know you are, and she knows it, too. You’re such a good bear. Mama’s good bear.”

Jamie didn’t want to spoil what had been a good evening, so like he didn’t express all of his feelings downstairs, he held back in his mommy’s bedroom, too. He made himself stop crying, though he had tears left, and nuzzled his cheek against Becky’s breast. She took the hint and sat down on her bed, removing an arm from the strap of her dress so she could offer a breast to Jamie.

Becky hummed a lullaby while Jamie nursed. She felt the tension leaving his body, for now at least.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
  • Alex Bridges changed the title to Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (Final chapter posted 12/21/20)