LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Best sitting pose to prevent leaks?

Alice

hey everyone I am having a problem,

Whenever my diaper or pad is a little full and I sit down it sometimes leaks at the sites because of the pressure. do you guys experience this too, and if so what precautions do you take in order to minimise leakage? do you guys have a particular way of sitting inconspicuous enough where nobody will suspect anything, yet doesn't put that much pressure on the parts which are used that the diaper will start leaking?

• Like 1

Alice, they shouldn't leak when you're sitting down, unless they don't fit (too big round the legs, or not fastened tightly enough), or if they're already too full.  Maybe you're not changing often enough, or wearing nappies that aren't thick enough.  Most days I manage with 3 nappies for the daytime.

So, make sure your nappy is a snug fit, with no gaps round the thighs, and don't let it get too saturated.  And try different nappies.

1 hour ago, Alice said:

Whenever my diaper or pad is a little full and I sit down it sometimes leaks at the sites because of the pressure. do you guys experience this too, and if so what precautions do you take in order to minimise leakage? do you guys have a particular way of sitting inconspicuous enough where nobody will suspect anything, yet doesn't put that much pressure on the parts which are used that the diaper will start leaking?

I'm with Stroller on this one, unless you cannonball into your seat, it sounds like a product issue. How long are you sitting before it starts to leak?

12 minutes ago, huggybutt said:

I'm with Stroller on this one, unless you cannonball into your seat, it sounds like a product issue. How long are you sitting before it starts to leak?

Like when I sit down it kind of presses it out of the absorbent material and sometimes it will cause me to leak. I'm using Tena super medium as diaper and the pads atm

17 hours ago, nappylover78 said:

Yeah, pressure leaks only happen due to wetting your nappy/pad beyond its absorbent capacity. Only solution is to wear something thicker or change more often!

I agree.  Any diaper, even the 6000ml diapers will leak if wet beyond capacity.  Know your wetting patterns and know your diaper.  If possible it is better to have slow or intermittent wettings rather than a forceful full bladder void.  I have had press out leaks at work, but fortunately not discovered.  The tell-tale crescent wetness where the diaper meets the back of your thigh.  I just stayed in my office until it dried, and/or my sport coat usually was long enough to cover the wet stain. 

1 hour ago, Moochie said:

I agree.  Any diaper, even the 6000ml diapers will leak if wet beyond capacity.  Know your wetting patterns and know your diaper.  If possible it is better to have slow or intermittent wettings rather than a forceful full bladder void. 

There is something intensely satisfying about a forceful full bladder void in your nappy... best done standing up or lying down, though!

19 hours ago, Alice said:

Like when I sit down it kind of presses it out of the absorbent material and sometimes it will cause me to leak. I'm using Tena super medium as diaper and the pads atm

That happens when your diaper is saturated and can barely hold what’s in it. The solution is to change, but if you like the feeling of a diaper that wet, you probably won’t leak if you lie down on your front instead of sit.

21 hours ago, Alice said:

I always wear a diaper cover to catch any leaks. I also have a waterproof seat cover on everything I sit on including my car seat because I am bladder and bowel incontinent. I rarely have a leaky diaper, but it does happen every now and then. Luckily, my leaks have never gone beyond my diaper cover. I don't think there really is a good seating position to prevent a leaky diaper. Females are more likely to have a leaky diaper simply because of  where the pee lands in the diaper right between your legs and when you sit down, it is more likely to leak. For males, the pee gets obsorbed in the front of the diaper and will not leak out until you completely flood the diaper and the pee ends up between the legs.

It might also help to spread the wetness around.  I'm safely assuming you're female based on the gender you've provided; and as women we have a distinct problem of wetting in one concentrated spot.  I haven't used that brand, but I can confirm that I've run into issues with the crotch of a diaper ready to leak while the front and back are totally dry.  I'll often lay on my back for a slow wetting so the wetness spreads around and makes it easier for the diaper to wick into the remaining dry areas.  It isn't foolproof, but sometimes helps.  I also sit while wetting often, and that also seems to help as the SAP is compressed as it absorbs, thus absorbing less but pressing out less too.

If you'd like to talk further with me via PM I'd be delighted.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, LittleAmytheil said:

It might also help to spread the wetness around.  I'm safely assuming you're female based on the gender you've provided; and as women we have a distinct problem of wetting in one concentrated spot.  I haven't used that brand, but I can confirm that I've run into issues with the crotch of a diaper ready to leak while the front and back are totally dry.  I'll often lay on my back for a slow wetting so the wetness spreads around and makes it easier for the diaper to wick into the remaining dry areas.  It isn't foolproof, but sometimes helps.  I also sit while wetting often, and that also seems to help as the SAP is compressed as it absorbs, thus absorbing less but pressing out less too.

If you'd like to talk further with me via PM I'd be delighted.

Men are faced with the same dilemma, everything is just concentrated in the front instead of the middle.  For me the front leg gathers are always what leaks first with the back of my diaper being completely dry.  If we are pointed up so to speak it is quite easy to leak out the top.  Wetting laying down also works for us guys as long as I wet with not to much pressure.  If my pee pee just dribbles out it fills the back of my diaper nicely.  What I do is lay on my back in a lotus position with my feet together and it works great.