LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bladder irritation

Do other folks have days where they just produce more urine, and it doesn’t seem tied to fluid intake? Or days when you find yourself going in very small amounts, and it’s uncomfortable (not painful, just not comfortable)?

What do you think causes this? Are you able to anticipate those days?

Short intense jabs? Check. Short spurts? Check. Steady, slow, leak? Check. Irritated, itchy dick? Check. Bad diaper rash last night? Check.

Love the diapers anyway? Check. The only thing I'd gladly give up is the irritation and rash. But, it comes with the territory; grin ? and bear it!

Being on a keto diet ramps up the urine output in general for me. Except for the diet my urine output is the same over a day's time. What does change is frequency and intensity. I'm very conscious of my overall output as in the past I had problems urinating. The reverse of incontinence is the urinary sphincter was not relaxing. This used to happen a lot and I would have to self cath. Though I haven't had to for a number of years. Those muscles are not very strong anymore. 

But will will still have bladder flutters and spasms. When this happens I can expect times where I won't leak but till suddenly release heavily. Sometimes with bladder flutter sometimes without. When I'm leaking constantly, the flutters don't seem to have much of an effect. 

Diving or flying tends to hold urine in the bladder due to body position. It will usually release immediately when standing. 

Discomfort usually happens when I have a stiff erection the same time my bladder spasms or when the urethral opening is obstructed and a strong flow cannot escape quickly enough. Used to happen a lot in cloth diapers. Happens rarely now and usually only at night. 

Being on a keto diet ramps up the urine output in general for me. Except for the diet my urine output is the same over a day's time. What does change is frequency and intensity. I'm very conscious of my overall output as in the past I had problems urinating. The reverse of incontinence is the urinary sphincter was not relaxing. This used to happen a lot and I would have to self cath. Though I haven't had to for a number of years. Those muscles are not very strong anymore. 
But will will still have bladder flutters and spasms. When this happens I can expect times where I won't leak but till suddenly release heavily. Sometimes with bladder flutter sometimes without. When I'm leaking constantly, the flutters don't seem to have much of an effect. 
Diving or flying tends to hold urine in the bladder due to body position. It will usually release immediately when standing. 
Discomfort usually happens when I have a stiff erection the same time my bladder spasms or when the urethral opening is obstructed and a strong flow cannot escape quickly enough. Used to happen a lot in cloth diapers. Happens rarely now and usually only at night. 

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 1 month later...

My urine production is totally unpredictable and erratic. I can't find any patterns to it nor any connection to food or liquid intake or activity or weather. It's been like this my whole life. I have no discomfort or irritation passing urine- the discomfort comes from trying to hold it in when my bladder spasms. There are two times I can count on having to pee: on waking up in the morning and after a cup or two of coffee. Otherwise I might pee gallons a day or nearly nothing at all, and I can't tell which it will be until it begins to happen, and that can change as the day goes by.

Bettypooh

Well, saw the urologist this week to figure out why I got a UTI.

Long story short, need more tests. Could be anything from the beginnings of some kind of stone to low grade lesions. 

I think the doctor is going to want to put a camera in there to look around.

There are days when it seems like my entire body turns to water and my kidneys are flushing it out at an unbelievable rate. On some of those days, I’ve saturated my diapers in an hour and had to change them 4 or 5 times just during the day. That excessive output gradually tapers off and goes back to a more normal rate. 

Alex:  if you’re not on a antibiotic now or prior to the cystoscopy, I’d recommend talking to the doctor about prescribing one.  Every time I’ve had a medical instrument inserted into my bladder, I’ve gotten an infection. That’s no fun if it happens on a weekend and you can’t talk to the doctor until Monday. 

7 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

My urine production is totally unpredictable and erratic. I can't find any patterns to it nor any connection to food or liquid intake or activity or weather. It's been like this my whole life. I have no discomfort or irritation passing urine- the discomfort comes from trying to hold it in when my bladder spasms. There are two times I can count on having to pee: on waking up in the morning and after a cup or two of coffee. Otherwise I might pee gallons a day or nearly nothing at all, and I can't tell which it will be until it begins to happen, and that can change as the day goes by.

Boy, can I relate to that! The sphincter rules all.

• Like 1

I’ve been having a bit of this lately. I have nighttime issues but wear in the day because I want to. I was in normal underwear ( rare for me these days) and doing some running around. In the span of 5 minutes I went from no urge to pee to a massive desperate need to find the toilet. I let out out what I thought was a small leak that would be absorbed by my boxers but discovered shortly that it was a dollar size wet patch noticeable on the crotch of my pants. I put  my shipping bag over the front my shorts and tried to walk calmly to the car. I had a couple more uncontrollable leaks and got home to finish what was left in the toilet. I’m padded again but was pretty rattled  to have an accident. Never happened as an adult 

For me it changes also from time to time. I think it have something to do with my overall fitness. If I’m to busy and forget my exercises or if I catch a cold also the bladder spasm are more frequently and heavier and more painful. This is not really predictable but I mentioned it mostly in the morning when I feel weak or in the night before when I wake up with more cramps then usual. 

• 1 month later...

My bladder just has a mind of it's own. Some nights I pee a river and wake in the morning completely soaking wet where as other nights just my nappy is wet. Some days I just drip and dibble all day long and others I flood without warning. I have leaned to live with it and just wear nappies all the time to cope.

7 hours ago, stevewet said:

My bladder just has a mind of it's own. Some nights I pee a river and wake in the morning completely soaking wet where as other nights just my nappy is wet. Some days I just drip and dibble all day long and others I flood without warning. I have leaned to live with it and just wear nappies all the time to cope.

Welcome to spastic sphincter land! You will soon experience great pain and be unable to pee when it clenches down really hard. Oh the joy! And when you do get it to come out, you never know how much you'll be blessed with. :rolleyes: