LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What cloth diaper is right for me?

What I want to do is put on a bunch of BetterDry diapers (I'm not too fond of the goofy printing on the Crinklz) over each other, then put a cloth diaper over the entire thing, stuffing the other folded-up Crinklz/BetterDry diapers underneath the front half of the cloth diaper (the broad crotch area) to make the front half bigger and poofier. I already have a package of BetterDry diapers (or at least I know how to get a package), but I don't know what cloth diaper would be best for what I want to do. I'm probably going to be stuffing it up to around 15 cm or so of thickness, and I want the cloth diaper to retain a nice, round shape (that is, not just expanding forward but also a little to the sides), no matter how I arrange the stuff underneath it. What cloth diaper do you think is best suited for this?

That's something only you could know. And it would be worth the time, in my estimation, to do the experimenting. Having almost no data to go on, other than what you wish to accomplish, my hunch is you may have to go the DIY route, purchase some appropriate diaper material (flannel, birdseye, gauze, terry cloth etc.) and make a custom fit diaper.

Manufactured cloth diapers can be quite expensive. Do-it-yourself will end up saving you some in the long run.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:35 AM, le Hollandais said:

That's something only you could know. And it would be worth the time, in my estimation, to do the experimenting. Having almost no data to go on, other than what you wish to accomplish, my hunch is you may have to go the DIY route, purchase some appropriate diaper material (flannel, birdseye, gauze, terry cloth etc.) and make a custom fit diaper.

Manufactured cloth diapers can be quite expensive. Do-it-yourself will end up saving you some in the long run.

This is by far the BEST advice: make your own. I've been doing that for years. I use diaper flannel cut to an appropriate length (trial and error--experiment for size using bath towels so you don't waste fabric by bad cuts). I use terry cloth as a booster--terry cloth cleaning rags work well or you can buy it by the yard and cut it to size. I make soaker panels out of a product called Zorb and Birdseye diaper fabric. If you use Zorb 2, you can cut it to size and use it without encasing it an another fabric. Zorb needs to be lined as it shouldn't be worn directly against the skin. For more information on Zorb and other homemade diapering products, go to wazoodle.com and check them out.

DIY is all well and good IF you have the knowledge and skill, equipment and can get the materials and supplies. How many 'Boy"'s have that? When I was little, that was exclusiviely a female skill, often learned by age 10,  One did learn some sewing skolls in the military but those were rudimentary and for maintenance.

If you lack any of the above, just look and see what is out there. Some like the UI doubled terry squares, either 36" or 44", others like something else. One thing for sure, any good cloth diaper will show

The kind of sewing required for hemming up a diaper isn't very hard at all, and can be mastered in an hour or two on a rainy Sunday afternoon. And that's if you have no sewing machine and must do it by hand. It's underwear for heaven's sake, and nobody's going to care how neat, tidy, and even the stitches are.

The Zorb 2 fabric Baby June mentions doesn't even need to be hemmed. I use it. I've simply cut it to size and Bob's yer uncle, as they say in Oz. Military sewing skills are all that's necessary. I learned those when I was a Civil War reenactor  many years ago.