LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Fluff or no fluff?

Hi there just wondering  do you guys and gals Fluff your diaper before putting it on?

Or no you just slip into a diaper without fluff?

As for me once I heard of the term and watched the video about it.  I do it each time I put one on.  First fluff then I put my powder on it and slip it on.  I found out that if I do not fluff my diaper it chunks up a bit.  I put on a Little Pawz yesterday at work and did not fluff it up and my butt was so sore from not fluffing it like bunched up so much I had to take it off when I got home.  Though of course I used it.

17 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

Hi there just wondering  do you guys and gals Fluff your diaper before putting it on?

Or no you just slip into a diaper without fluff?

As for me once I heard of the term and watched the video about it.  I do it each time I put one on.  First fluff then I put my powder on it and slip it on.  I found out that if I do not fluff my diaper it chunks up a bit.  I put on a Little Pawz yesterday at work and did not fluff it up and my butt was so sore from not fluffing it like bunched up so much I had to take it off when I got home.  Though of course I used it.

Fluff? what do you mean?

I think this "answer" is a bit to general... It hardly deepends on construction of the diaper if it's a good idea to fluff it or not. A couple of vendors give there own instructions for a good reason: Fluffing will not nessesarily extend the capacity but may result in a breakdown of the fluff while using it. The fluff of a cheap diaper is normaly set up by mixing the fluff with the SAP in a air drum and compressing it afterwards to paddies that are cut out. If you try to fluff such a diaper it is nearly guaranteed that the fluff will not stay in place if you wear it for a longer time or wet it.

More "advanced" production methods add special melting glue granulate to the air mixing process and add temperature while the compression process off the paddy to make it more robust to physical movements. Diaper that are produced in such a process can be fluffed and may work better after fluffing. How ever - there are a lot of more methods to make the fluff to stay in place and/or to improve the liquid distribution. Again here - fluffing may destroy the structure of the absorbent core and may result a worse liquid distribution.

So my suggestion is:

a) check the manufacturers instructions

b) try it out by your self . If you experience the breakdown of the fluff while wearing or if you experience a bad liquid distribution - it might me the result of fluffing the diaper beforehand.

I think most manufacturers suggest that the diaper shall be folded before using it. Some suggesting to "activate" the core by gently wringing the folded diaper. But most of the manufacturer indicate not to touch the inner surface of the diaper with your fingers and advice to put it on from the front to back. The reason behind is, that you should try to avoid the contamination with bacterias that may exist on your fingers or your butt. For the men under us this is not that important - but for the women it is, because they're physiognomy (e.g. shorter ureter) give them a much higher risk to get a infection. So the "fluffing" method shown in this video is basicly just from a hygienically site no go.     

16 hours ago, mick_dl said:

I think this "answer" is a bit to general... It hardly deepends on construction of the diaper if it's a good idea to fluff it or not. A couple of vendors give there own instructions for a good reason: Fluffing will not nessesarily extend the capacity but may result in a breakdown of the fluff while using it. The fluff of a cheap diaper is normaly set up by mixing the fluff with the SAP in a air drum and compressing it afterwards to paddies that are cut out. If you try to fluff such a diaper it is nearly guaranteed that the fluff will not stay in place if you wear it for a longer time or wet it.

More "advanced" production methods add special melting glue granulate to the air mixing process and add temperature while the compression process off the paddy to make it more robust to physical movements. Diaper that are produced in such a process can be fluffed and may work better after fluffing. How ever - there are a lot of more methods to make the fluff to stay in place and/or to improve the liquid distribution. Again here - fluffing may destroy the structure of the absorbent core and may result a worse liquid distribution.

So my suggestion is:

a) check the manufacturers instructions

b) try it out by your self . If you experience the breakdown of the fluff while wearing or if you experience a bad liquid distribution - it might me the result of fluffing the diaper beforehand.

I think most manufacturers suggest that the diaper shall be folded before using it. Some suggesting to "activate" the core by gently wringing the folded diaper. But most of the manufacturer indicate not to touch the inner surface of the diaper with your fingers and advice to put it on from the front to back. The reason behind is, that you should try to avoid the contamination with bacterias that may exist on your fingers or your butt. For the men under us this is not that important - but for the women it is, because they're physiognomy (e.g. shorter ureter) give them a much higher risk to get a infection. So the "fluffing" method shown in this video is basicly just from a hygienically site no go.     

I wouldn't fluff a depend or attend or even a tranquility ATN.  But AB diapers like from AB Universe or Rearz I believe it is ok to fluff.  When I started to fluff my diapers I found it to be more thicker and more comfortable.  Then without fluffing.  I will email both companies and ask there thoughts on the topic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 5:29 PM, stephrider said:

No time for this. I just fold in half the length axis to form it up.

That it. 

Don't choose diapers which are to thick, it helps to spouse the body shape.

What it? How do you "spouse" a body? I had a spouse once.