LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

As a consumer, what will YOU begin to demand in adult-diaper innovations?

If “money talks and bull.... walks,” then growing economic trends say that adult diapers are becoming de-stigmatized. And here is why. IMG_1596.thumb.jpg.26a8b97b62520920e7086e5853ee7cae.jpgAccording to CNBC market analysts, who credit a rapid increase in the average age of citizens of industrialized nations, market statistics show that, though both categories are growing, disposable ADULT diaper sales are steadily “outpacing” actual BABY diaper sales. In fact, P&G has entered the adult diaper market stating that adult diapers are now the “fastest growing household product.” And with the growing normalization of adult diapers, companies like Depends are spending millions in advertisements showing adults walking around in public wearing nothing below the waist except their diapers. Perhaps equally telling is the fact that you can even find college classrooms with students occasionally doing skits in their diapers. It is inevitable that as adult diaper brands compete for your dollar, they will began to apply the same marketing principals that exist in the very successful baby diaper market where function is not all that matters to a growing consumer base. Form also matters. This means that, if a company wishes to thrive, the old lessons already learned by baby diaper engineers must quickly be applied to the designs of the newly booming adult diaper market, including festive colors, patterns and especially textures. Consumers want choices! The consumers will determine who will succeed and who will fail as millions will be drawn to the adult diaper brands that offer depth and breadth of products engineered for both function AND form, including designs for unique lifestyles and special needs. So look into the near future. Who will those thriving companies be? And as a consumer, what will YOU begin to demand in adult-diaper innovations?

I’d like to see a diaper with side panels as stretchy as pull-ups’. It seems baby diapers already have that.

Another is appearance. I want mainstream diapers to come in colors other than white, with some designs (not ABDL, just not plain), and no wetness indicator.

I also want to see changes in how they’re sold, namely being able to walk into a CVS or grocery store and being able to buy Abena-quality diapers. 

But for that to happen, what has to happen first is manufacturers need to prioritize function over discretion. The mass-market brands are trying to make diapers look like underwear, which means thin and less coverage. Perhaps as diapers become destigmatized, the average consumer will want function over discretion, and the manufacturers will respond. Until then, I’ll rely on Abena, which is made primarily for people in need of a caregiver. They’ve got function down perfectly, but that customer base doesn’t care about appearance.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Author_Alex said:

I’d like to see a diaper with side panels as stretchy as pull-ups’. It seems baby diapers already have that.

I'd also love to see that. That would greatly improve the fit of diapers while also increasing mobility.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Softer pull ups.  Always are very soft, just wish they'd make the pad come up higher for men and get rid of the bow ties.  I wish the pad was wider too.

I want it to be breathable.  A lot of the pull ups still make me sweat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i'd like to see a pull-up with high absorption, good leak guards, and a snug, non frilly waist band!

as for actual diapers, current advancements have kind of gotten to where i like. just some little things. absorption is up where i like it, with the megamax's and simple ultras, maybe a bit higher capacity, but that's just me. one definite thing is better moister wicking! especially an issue for guys, urine can just stay up at the front of the diaper, and before it can go anywhere else, it can leak. i can't count the number of diapers i've used that were saturated to capacity in the front, wet enough in the crotch, and totally dry in the back! just annoying that i can't get full capacity.

another one i'd like to see, is better odor control and neutralization. the longer you wear a diaper, the more it's going to smell (obviously). i know some diapers have something along those lines of odor control, but i'd like to see something stronger for the higher capacity diapers.

and lastly, just some nit-picking. longer/bigger/more tapes, higher leg gathers/guards, and perhaps move along to some sort of biodegradable outer shell/backing. 

not too sure how those channels move liquid as they do, but then there's alot about fluid dynamics i can't even begin to imagine. if they work as well as they seem, they would be a cool addition to a diaper for wicking, if they could get by the copyright/trademark/possible patent. 

• 1 month later...
How about an overnight adult diaper that can *reliably* cope with side-sleeper wetting.
Make one of the front wings as absorbent as the center front and long enough to wrap around the body,so it truly provides side protection would be an easy fix ,and I think the ABDL crowd wouldn't mind but I don't think our IC caregivers would be smart enough to know how to use it properly ( trust me we don't get the best and brightest caregivers, I have a friend who recently fired an aide for not knowing how to twist off a bottle cap , and they call us disabled!)

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
On 7/6/2019 at 3:31 AM, Voksenbleie.Komfort@gmail.com said:

The consumers will determine who will succeed and who will fail as millions will be drawn to the adult diaper brands that offer depth and breadth of products engineered for both function AND form, including designs for unique lifestyles and special needs. So look into the near future. Who will those thriving companies be? And as a consumer, what will YOU begin to demand in adult-diaper innovations?

As promising as it sounds - but I‘m afraid It‘s not that easy... I would say maybe 80% of this indeed growing business is driven by institutional care - especially if it comes to higher absorbing products. How ever - the needs here are different. The focus is on cheaper and easier to handle products. In fact we have meanwhile this diaper free hospitals and a vendor have to show that his solution is cheaper/faster and better in the daily care. This not nessesarily mean that the product is developed in a way that it‘s better for the patient or have features that many of us wish here. Of cause there are niche markets where companies like ABU earn there money, but the big money is still in the institutional care. The only think that change a bit is, that companies meanwhile try to compensate there losses in this market with „premium“ products that people have to buy by themselves. I‘m not sure if this really work on the long run, because people who need often not have the money to buy. In the end the quality of the care went down and the gap in the healthcare between poor and rich get even stronger. All in all not the best development...

• Like 2