LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thoughts on baby powder

Sometimes if I have a squishy mess I will take the diaper off and powder the dirty diaper and strap back in and keep wearing it. I just did that. Anyone else? My logic is the sake of smell and a thin barrier for the skin. Usually I’m really good about putting barrier cream on but if it’s urgent and I need to throw a diaper on then I skip it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In 1976, the Cosmetic, Toiletry, and Fragrances Association (CTFA), which is the trade association representing the cosmetic and personal care products industry, issued voluntary guidelines stating that all talc used in cosmetic products in the United States should be free from detectable amounts of asbestos according to their standards. Many companies don't tell you what's in their products, so be careful with what you put on your butt people. Cancer is a serious thing and i don't wanna see my fellow diaper lovers getting sick. I love my Desitin and have worn it since i was a teen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I only recently found out about the alleged link between cancer & talcum powder containing asbestos, It was last year through a financial advice  column recommending sale of Johnson & Johnson shares because of the likelihood of successful claims against the company by cancer victims costing it a lot of money.
The company continues to deny the link but 22 women suffering from ovarian cancer successfully sued & were awarded $4 billion in June 2018.
It's a sad commentary on the state of affairs in the world when profit warnings appear to be more prominent than health warnings, But, its not the 1st time this sort of thing has happened & I'm sure it won't be the last.
I find powder effective to dry between my toes &  as a more of a precautionary measure but agree its difficult to tell whats in it from the label which is a cause for concern.
For rashes I recommend use of Sudocream in preference to powder.

14 hours ago, Joep said:

Sometimes if I have a squishy mess I will take the diaper off and powder the dirty diaper and strap back in and keep wearing it. I just did that. Anyone else?

I do the same thing. Sometimes, I'll dump it in my messy diaper. I don't do it for protection. I do it because I'm crazy mad about the smell of baby powder and poopy diapers. There's an association from my childhood from being around toddlers in poppy diapers with lots of baby powder. Years ago people really used a lot of the traditional Johnson and Johnson's baby powder in diapers. I have always loved the smell. To be more specific: I think it smells best when the diaper has only a few smell nuggets of poop with tons of baby powder. So you end up smelling mostly the powder with just a hint of a stinky smell.

• Like 1

Yeah, as others have said, the talc may give you cancer. Use the kind with cornstarch instead. I haven't used it in a while but fund it evens out softer loads nicely 

4 hours ago, CleDL said:

Yeah, as others have said, the talc may give you cancer. Use the kind with cornstarch instead. I haven't used it in a while but fund it evens out softer loads nicely 

I've thought about that also. I wonder how accurate that is though. Still, I hope J & J doesn't ever discontinue a product that's been around for so long.

Or maybe they can make a cornstarch version of their powder but with the same scent.

I can see why J&J keeps fighting it. Their baby powder has been around for 50 or more years and has a nostalgic smell of baby's that the world knows too well. I remember a relationship doctor on TV once telling men in the audience to put a little baby powder behind their ears, it will make woman go crazy. So many people love that smell. Even though it may be associated with poopy diapers, it's also associated with cute stinky baby's. I even remember my little cousin running around with a load in his diaper. I remember looking down the back of his diaper a few times and also smelling a strong smell of J&J baby powder. I remember the cute babysitter who would change him while the room smelled like poopy diapers and baby powder. No wonder why I love it so much.

On 7/6/2019 at 3:00 PM, BabyJune said:

J & J Baby Powder is now made using corn starch instead of talc. I use it all the time and love it.

EDIT

I just ordered the corn starch version. I was very disappointed. It's nothing like the original smell the world has always loved. It's not a bad smell, and the corn starch is a great solution to the so called cancer problem. But I wish J&J would make it smell more like the original product.

• Like 1

I tried a new Cornstarch baby powder tonight from Rite AID. It's called Tugaboos (baby fresh scent)  So for it's the only Cornstarch baby powder I've tested that is very close to the smell of the genuine J&J's original baby powder. Unfortunately, the scent is not as strong as J&Js, but the smell is very close. For those concerned about the cancer clams of Talcum. I don't know how true all them clams are because mothers have been using J&J for over 30 years and all this is just coming out.

What you can do is: Try putting this Tugaboos brand in the center of the diaper where your butt hole would sit, and then use the original J&J towards the outer edges of the inside of the diaper. This way you get the best of both worlds.

• 3 months later...
On 7/3/2019 at 7:13 AM, Evelyn Dellcerro said:

In 1976, the Cosmetic, Toiletry, and Fragrances Association (CTFA), which is the trade association representing the cosmetic and personal care products industry, issued voluntary guidelines stating that all talc used in cosmetic products in the United States should be free from detectable amounts of asbestos according to their standards. Many companies don't tell you what's in their products, so be careful with what you put on your butt people. Cancer is a serious thing and i don't wanna see my fellow diaper lovers getting sick. I love my Desitin and have worn it since i was a teen.

I have always used J&J baby powder but recently heard about the possibility of asbestos in it! What is Destin?

Is that an alternative that we can trust? Please let me know

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jimena

On 10/21/2019 at 11:24 PM, jimena1 said:

I have always used J&J baby powder but recently heard about the possibility of asbestos in it! What is Destin?

Is that an alternative that we can trust? Please let me know

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jimena

Jimena1:

Desitin is Diaper Rash Cream :)

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

My ex-wife used to powder our kids’ plastic pants before sliding them on. It reduced the friction between the elastics and their legs and between the diapers and the plastic pants so they slid on easier. It also eliminated dampness and gave the cover a better smell than urine when reusing plastic pants after changing a wet diaper. It works well with my covers that are a little tight when I double diaper plus it lets the diapers move inside the cover when I diaper waddle?. Versatile stuff that baby powder!