LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Who was still wetting their bed in junior high?

Who was still wetting their bed in junior high or even high school and how does that affect how you see yourself now?  I was a chronic almost every night diapered bedwetter through most of junior high.

I stopped being chronic around the age of 12-13.  Never totally stopped.  Was fairly dry through high school because my parents had me on DDAVP,  but when I started college I stopped using it so much and the bedwetting returned , although not every night.

I did it on purpose beginning at the start of 8th grade (14 years old) to get diapers. It worked. I also got DDAVP, but worth it.

I kept having “relapses” through junior year of high school (17 years old) whenever I would run out of diapers and couldn’t afford them myself.

13 minutes ago, Author_Alex said:

I did it on purpose beginning at the start of 8th grade (14 years old) to get diapers. It worked. I also got DDAVP, but worth it.

I kept having “relapses” through junior year of high school (17 years old) whenever I would run out of diapers and couldn’t afford them myself.

Did your parents ever figure that out?  Also, I don't think I would have taken the DDAVP if I did not need it.  Used to get headaches and always had a upset stomach in morning.

32 minutes ago, iampadded said:

Did your parents ever figure that out?

I’m not sure. My mother questioned my commitment to stopping as I never had her refill the DDAVP and seemed entirely unconcerned by it. She may have noticed it never stopped me from staying over at a friend’s house or them staying at mine.

I do know she found my diaper stash, which included diapers she didn’t buy me and some pictures and stories I printed off. She never said anything about it until right before I left for college, when she told me, at the dinner table with my siblings present, to “make sure I get rid of any boy stuff” I didn’t want her to find.

She never did say no when I told her I needed more. At first she bought pull-ups, and those leaked and I asked her for diapers. She did initially resist diapers, I guess because she thought pull-ups would be better for my self esteem, even though I’m the one who asked for diapers.

I found the whole thing embarrassing, naturally, so for a while if I needed more I just left a note on her dresser, and she left cheap, store brand diapers in my closet or on my bed. She didn’t hide them if she left them on my bed. My sister or brother could easily have seen them.

At one point I even told her I wanted to wear diapers all the time at home, and then quickly backpedaled when she asked me if was wearing one right then (I was; I lied and said no), and she assumed it was because I was upset about my bedwetting and assures me we would “beat this thing.”

As you can guess, the two of us are close, and I had no qualms about going to her with this “problem” (or lying to her) or fear of punishment or embarrassment. I never talked to my dad about it, but I assume she did. He tried bringing it up with me just once, after I was taken to the doctor, and I said almost nothing in response. “Don’t want to talk about it,” he asked. “No,” I replied. And he never said another word about it.

My guess is she’s forgotten all about it now.

2 hours ago, Author_Alex said:

I do know she found my diaper stash, which included diapers she didn’t buy me and some pictures and stories I printed off. She never said anything about it until right before I left for college, when she told me, at the dinner table with my siblings present, to “make sure I get rid of any boy stuff” I didn’t want her to find.

As I have said before- Very little goes on in a teenagers bedroom that Mom is not aware of :)  I am sometimes amazed at the discretion they showed regarding "boy stuff".  With the DDAVP my mother tried to ween me off diapers at night.  For about the first year, even though the DDAVP worked for the most part, I would intentionally have a major wetting from time to time-because I did not want to lose the security I felt wearing diapers to bed.  I suspect my mother knew more than she let on, but my top drawer was always well stocked with properly fitting "night wear"

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, iampadded said:

As I have said before- Very little goes on in a teenagers bedroom that Mom is not aware of :) I am sometimes amazed at the discretion they showed regarding "boy stuff".  With the DDAVP my mother tried to ween me off diapers at night.  For about the first year, even though the DDAVP worked for the most part, I would intentionally have a major wetting from time to time-because I did not want to lose the security I felt wearing diapers to bed.  I suspect my mother knew more than she let on, but my top drawer was always well stocked with properly fitting "night wear"

Moms are the best ?

When did you stop? 

I bed wet until 13.5 quit before high school then at 21 I started having bladder issues and 3weeks ago i was diagnosed with urge urinary incontinence medication induced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 hours ago, scif788 said:

I bed wet until 13.5 quit before high school then at 21 I started having bladder issues and 3weeks ago i was diagnosed with urge urinary incontinence medication induced

What does incontinence medication induced mean?

40 minutes ago, iampadded said:

I understand the Aderall- but what is the rest of it?  Or is that the medical name for what we call Aderall?

Lexapro is an antidepressant 

Abilify is a mood stabalizers, and can have all kinds of crazy side effects. I haven't heard of incontinence being one of them, but it's still relatively new and so unique to each person that, if the neurology was already prone to lack of control, its easy to believe it could act up again. 

Guanfacine is another kind of ADHD medication that is a non-stimulant and can help augment other ADHD meds.  However, it's also a blood pressure medication, which means it can impact the fluid levels in your body.  

Lexapro is an antidepressant 
Abilify is a mood stabalizers, and can have all kinds of crazy side effects. I haven't heard of incontinence being one of them, but it's still relatively new and so unique to each person that, if the neurology was already prone to lack of control, its easy to believe it could act up again. 
Guanfacine is another kind of ADHD medication that is a non-stimulant and can help augment other ADHD meds.  However, it's also a blood pressure medication, which means it can impact the fluid levels in your body.  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12138594/
https://www.rxlist.com/guanfacine-hydrochloride-side-effects-drug-center.htm#
https://www.drugs.com/sfx/abilify-side-effects.html probably weakened control from risperidone taken long term i was on that too bedwet until 13.5 bladder issues started at 21

I wet the bed every night till I was 12.5 then I would wet anywhere from 4  to 6 nights a week  till I was 17.  most of the time I was in diapers for my bedwetting.  it was very common in m family.  I was one of seven kids, and five of us  wet the bed past the age of seven. 

Growing up my bladder was tiny and over-active. Same was true for my three sisters and the younger of our brothers. Our Mom and her mother had no bladder control. Mom asked us to wear just-in-case diapers on trips and to places where toilets were hard to find. However, I never wet my bed.

Then I reached puberty a couple of weeks after I turned 12 I reverted to bedwetting. The same had happened to my oldest sister five years previously. Like her I started wearing diapers to bed. This was the summer of 1976. I had skipped 4th grade so I was entering 8th grade. After I began bedwetting many of my friends knew about that and still slept over and I went on sleepovers.

I lost my day control at age 21 as I entered law school. I remain urinary incontinent.

6 hours ago, jimmyic said:

it was very common in my family.  I was one of seven kids, and five of us  wet the bed past the age of seven.  

Jimmy:  Do any of your siblings still have bed wetting issues?

2 hours ago, Angela Bauer said:

Growing up my bladder was tiny and over-active. Same was true for my three sisters and the younger of our brothers. Our Mom and her mother had no bladder control. Mom asked us to wear just-in-case diapers on trips and to places where toilets were hard to find. However, I never wet my bed.

Then I reached puberty a couple of weeks after I turned 12 I reverted to bedwetting. The same had happened to my oldest sister five years previously. Like her I started wearing diapers to bed. This was the summer of 1976. I had skipped 4th grade so I was entering 8th grade. After I began bedwetting many of my friends knew about that and still slept over and I went on sleepovers.

I lost my day control at age 21 as I entered law school. I remain urinary incontinent.

Angela:  Was there some event that caused you to lose day control?

I do not know if any of them still do.  I  hear from time to time  that one of their kids or grandkids would still wet.  bedwetting is not a subject that comes up often.

• 4 weeks later...
I wet all though my school years and wasn't dry at night until I was about 22.

I wasn’t dry at night until 13.5years old but there are some time that wet my diaper at night on purpose because i dont want to get up

Solid heavy bedwetter till maybe 21ish... then went on the meds....it really helped but then I overtook them and damaged liver a bit. In all fairness I also was taking a lot of ibuprofen at the time which added to the problem. Any event, when I came off the meds the bedwetting slowly returned.

I bedwet every night until I was 12. My parents took me out of nappies at about three years old, I think they were of the opinion that I would 'get over it' quicker if I were uncomfortable, no chance. I hated the wetting and asked my mother for nappies when I was 10, that got a flat 'no'. At boarding school I wet, but less frequently, but always had the red rubber sheet on the bed. They eventually put me in a dormitory with five other night wetters. I don't remember ever being teased for it though. After school, which I hated as I am very dyslexic, a term not even known then, the bed wetting returned. I also recognised the abdl side of my personality.