LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thinking about trying cloth diapers any recommendations

Hi, 

so I’ve only worn disposable diapers but I’ve been thinking about trying cloth diapers I was just hoping that someone would have a recommendation on which cloth diapers I should try.

Hi Newbee.  The nappies I wear are UK-made, and you'd be better off buying locally (I'm assuming you're in the US).  I've not tried the Babykins cloth nappies, but if I was in the the US that's where I'd start.  The designs look good, comparable to the ones I wear.  It looks like their pull-up designs don't have poppers down the sides, so would need pulling off & on.  That's a pain if you wear trousers or shorts, but of course less of a problem if you're in skirts.  Mine have poppers, which makes it a lot easier.  The shaped cloth nappies, such as the Babykins velcro & pullup ones are a lot more discreet than folded nappies, which always seem to bulge more, for a given absorbency.  The other tip I'd give is to get a load of cloth soakers as well, so you can chose how much absorbency you need.  Good luck with it!  If you're going to try a velcro design, always fasten them up before putting them in the wash, and wash them separately from the rest of your clothes.  Also, the velcro won't last as long as the rest of the nappy, so be prepared to replace it periodically.  I'd estimate I'm having to replace the velcro on mine about every 100-200 washes.

It depends on whether you want foldable diapers that you use with plastic pants or all-in-one (AIO) diapers. If you are going for foldable ones that you pin, I would suggest:   https://www.adultclothdiaper.com/. If you are looking for an all in one, my favorite are the Dependeco ones that you can get on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/usr/easy*pul?_trksid=p2047675.l2559. Babykins still has the best selection of plastic pants in my opinion, and their customer service is top notch. https://www.babykins.com/

-piper

Dependeco are rather good at lest there pocket versions, I use to use them exclusively at night.

Now tho I really like superundies as they are more convenient to just pull on at night, off in the morning.

I prefer to wear cloth diaper during the day and night as much as I can, yet on the other hand when out and about I wear a disposable diaper, easier to change. At night I wear cloth diapers for absorbency they provide 360 degrees absorbency and it never fails me.  If I wear cloth diapers I use 60”squares I will fold the first one in a kite fold and the second one will be folded so it becomes a straight booster and placed in the center of the kite folded diaper, that way you’ll get a nice bulky diaper and it will take you through the night without problems. The kite folded diaper with the booster in the center will allow to put it on as tight as you want to. I really prefer a snug fit it helps to avoid leaks. A snug fitting plastic pant will take care of the rest. 

Babykins is having a big sale right now. Thinking about placing an order for them but don't have any experience with the company/sizing.

How do the babykin extra larges compare to the dependeco extra larges or a gary PUL extra large? The only other 2 reusable products I own right now.

Thank you

I like babykins. I recently made the switch to cloth at night. 

My advice is buy your plastic pants one size larger than the diaper. PUL is the most comfortable material. Leakmaster is better than Garywear for those as Garywear are cut smaller (which is more prone to leak), while Leakmaster offer love coverage.

I tried pin-on diapers, but after a bit I switched to Velcro.

Wash them every second day. Put them through a rinse cycle with some white vinegar first, then wash them on hot with detergent meant for diapers (I like Rockin’ Green), and then dry them well. My drier has an “anti-bacterial” setting I use. There is sometimes a lingering ammonia smell, but that’s caused by me not swashing every second day.

2 things to try before ordering and spending a lot on cloth diapers.  1. large 80 to 100 % terry cloth towel,  or go to a fabric or discount store pick up 3 yrds. diaper cloth, terry cloth or flannel as long as it is at least 80% or more cotton,  then if that works. how ever  you will still need to order at least 2 pr plastic or rubber pants good luck

If you haven’t already found this web site, https://www.incontinentsupport.org/primer_index.php, I recommend you take a look at their diaper primer. It will probably answer many of your questions. 

Personally, I prefer prefold gauze cloth diapers. They work the best for my situation. However, I find they work best for night and home use.  You’ll find the bulk associated with cloth diapers is difficult to conceal under regular street clothing. 

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:15 AM, Newbee said:

Hi, 

so I’ve only worn disposable diapers but I’ve been thinking about trying cloth diapers I was just hoping that someone would have a recommendation on which cloth diapers I should try.

I have only worn thicik cloth diapers and plastic or rubber pants and love it. Now into locking rubber pants with three locks, one on each thigh leg bana ond on on the waist and believe me they do not leak unless you do not change for days.  Tighten the diaper as best as you can and slip on the rubber three locks and you are locked in and are in for a real good ride.  The first time I did this I got into this and laid on the bed for a minute and came immediately and follwe\\owed up with  a pee and this happened two more times and I never touched myself, it was so exciting.

• 2 weeks later...

Always happy to help a girl out

Begin with standard rectangular cloth diapers based on your waist size and, depending on your usage, the first bacth should be 6 to 12 each with 2 to 4 pair of rubber (baby) panties. I recommend LL Medico or any of the Gary sellers (these were the best replacements I could find for the very popular Comco) The best thing about the Gary, particularly the 7 mil, is the wide fit range for them. I can use, over my thick diapers, anything from the Small to the 2XL (my usual choice) Pay attention to the size chart. Some, like LL Medico lest the crotch width ahd the side seam length (at the shortest point on the side). After that, if you like them in general, you can go to a more customizable fit (foldable) or even a DIY diaper and panties more too your liking or needs. I use a Gary snap on kunder a Babykins rubber under one that is part of my outfit over a custom made diaper that was made after a diaper that was made for a little girl who was a bedwetter by her moother some 68 years ago. This was very different from a baby diaper and could last a 5 to 9 year old 12 hours

Well, yet another opinion. I have several velcro contour flannel diapers from Babykins and Fetware, and Adult Cloth Diapers. Flannel seems to take less time to soak through and seems to hold less than a gauze diaper. I get prefold birdseye gauze weave diapers from Baby Pants. There you can learn a whole lot about the various materials and weaves. I also sleep on top of one so bedwetting is minimized. I don't need to put plastic under it as I have yet to have it bleed through.

"I don't need to put plastic under it as I have *yet* to have it bleed throught"

Ah: the ubiquitous "yet", the bridge between "why should I..." and "Why didn't I..."

• 3 months later...

I’m getting lazy so I just copied my response to another email but I hope you’ll find it useful.

Check out AdultCothDiaper.com for the monthly sales. I get my contour diapers from them and when their volume discount for 3 or more is combined with their monthly sale discount of 15% I get Contour 2’s for about $18 each which includes a 10 ply gauze soaker pad. I’ve never had much luck with PUL pants as if they breath then they seem to sweat for me so I’ve been buying plain white vinyl Haian pullon pants from Amazon for about $7.50 each and they seem to stand up fairly well even though they’re not very thick. I’ve tried the 7mil Gary pants and they have hardened and cracked much before these Haian pants have. Good luck and stay padded.

16 hours ago, Zdog said:

I’m getting lazy so I just copied my response to another email but I hope you’ll find it useful.

Check out AdultCothDiaper.com for the monthly sales. I get my contour diapers from them and when their volume discount for 3 or more is combined with their monthly sale discount of 15% I get Contour 2’s for about $18 each which includes a 10 ply gauze soaker pad. I’ve never had much luck with PUL pants as if they breath then they seem to sweat for me so I’ve been buying plain white vinyl Haian pullon pants from Amazon for about $7.50 each and they seem to stand up fairly well even though they’re not very thick. I’ve tried the 7mil Gary pants and they have hardened and cracked much before these Haian pants have. Good luck and stay padded.

I use cloth diapers over nite, nice and thick. I never tried cloth contour diapers but you talked me into giving it a try.  No folding just pin it in place and they are washable is that correct?  Sounds like giving me a nice round bottom under rubber pants which are my choice. I love the locking ones somed hiave have three locks.  

Many times I double diaper followed by double soaker pads and then a folded terry bath towel with a folded terry hand towel as a liner next to my tush to make fecal cleanup far easier. The bath and hand towels are folded narrow enough to fit between my legs and then unfolded into a V shape in the front and rear while laying down on the bed. The V shaped area in the front tends to collect urine and the terry cloth absorbs very rapidly which prevents nighttime leaking when sleeping on my side(s). Another benefit of the terry cloth is  not feeling soaked even while being quite wet. There are many times I will go 24 hours double diapered in the manner listed above. As you can imagine all this padding tends to give me a lot of diaper waddle which I consider a side benefit. Due to an back injury when younger I got in the habit of sleeping with a pillow between my knees when sleeping on my side and this is really necessary with this diapering method. Another thing that’s needed for this to work is plastic pants with a wide crotch (at least 10”) as all that cloth ends up being a huge bulge protruding down between your legs and it will expose gaps in between your plastic pants and your legs if their crotch is wide enough. Hope you find this useful, it works well for me and has taken me a while to refine.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:15 AM, Newbee said:

Hi, 

I have only used cloth fold yourself diapers, thick nite time and they are so soft andwonderful feeling. I use plastic or rubber pants, mostly locking. I am trying to find a pre fold cloth thick diaper,  I bet they would look smooth  under rubber locking pants and feel real good.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:36 PM, Zdog said:

Many times I double diaper followed by double soaker pads and then a folded terry bath towel with a folded terry hand towel as a liner next to my tush to make fecal cleanup far easier. The bath and hand towels are folded narrow enough to fit between my legs and then unfolded into a V shape in the front and rear while laying down on the bed. The V shaped area in the front tends to collect urine and the terry cloth absorbs very rapidly which prevents nighttime leaking when sleeping on my side(s). Another benefit of the terry cloth is  not feeling soaked even while being quite wet. There are many times I will go 24 hours double diapered in the manner listed above. As you can imagine all this padding tends to give me a lot of diaper waddle which I consider a side benefit. Due to an back injury when younger I got in the habit of sleeping with a pillow between my knees when sleeping on my side and this is really necessary with this diapering method. Another thing that’s needed for this to work is plastic pants with a wide crotch (at least 10”) as all that cloth ends up being a huge bulge protruding down between your legs and it will expose gaps in between your plastic pants and your legs if their crotch is wide enough. Hope you find this useful, it works well for me and has taken me a while to refine.

How do you get all of that on and move around

A diaper waddle is definitely induced. It’s interesting to see how when I powder my plastic pants beforehand putting them on they not only slip over my legs and the diaper(s) easier the diaper(s) also slip around in the pants when walking. If it’s warm enough that I begin to sweat in the crotch area and the plastic pants stick to my legs powder helps a lot there as well. As I’ve said I got in the habit of sleeping with a pillow between my knees years ago for a lower back problem and it’s nearly a requirement for sleeping on my side with this much padding between my legs. The assurance of not leaking while sleeping on my side is well worth any minor inconvenience this much cloth might present. Padded is better!