LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is there a correct way to prepare a disposable from its folded state to wear?

I have always just rolled the nappy/diaper up to get rid of the folded creases and then open it up to put on, but recently I saw someone ‘say’ that you need to activate the leak guards either side of the landing area to help them work correctly.

I also tend to tape the bottom tapes first and the top ones after.

Any help or opinions are appreciated 

I follow the advice given in this video; 

"Fluffing" as they call it, actually changed my previously poor opinions on a few brands of tape on diapers.  

• Like 1

I think some people over complicate it because making a big deal/ritual out of it enhances the experience for them.

Most I’ve ever seen a professional do is loosely fold it long ways, then put it on, but I never do that, and I’ve been wearing without a problem for 19 years.

As for taking it out of the package first, I think that’s a physical preference. The manufacturers would say it was necessary if it was. The diaper will expand while you’re wearing it.

Medical diapers should be taken out of packaging and stored for a few days, as they are compressed, but not  huge difference imo

ABDL diapers usually come in same size bags with less diapers, so they not compressed 

• 2 months later...

I take mine out of the package too and put them in my bedside drawer. The one I am putting on at bedtime, I unfold and lay flat on the bed, beside my powder and paci, a few hours before going to bed. Working with them not flat is hard to do. 

Keep 'em in the closet and take out one at a time.

Open it, stretch it to get the leak guards to stand up. The Dry 24/7's have two big bulges where the folds are so I pinch the area so that my balls/thighs can hold it up and attempt to stretch out the bulge. The bottom tapes go on first, adjustments and creams are applied then finally taped shut at the tops. From right to left since I'm right handed. Can do it in a record setting 12 minutes. Bech ya can't beat that.

I store a handful of diapers in my armoire but keep the rest out of the way. After I get about 2-3 out of the 10-packs they come in now, it seems to give the rest room to begin decompressing a little bit. I just ordered a bunch - it's a process to get them to loosen up a little bit.

I fluff up AB Universe Preschool plastic-backed diapers before wearing them for sure - they come very densely pressed/ packed and it really helps their flexibility and fit. I both fold them lengthwise and in half and work the fold back and forth to loosen them up and fold them in half and work the fabric back and forth. It seems better afterward. Other diapers I don't think this is as necessary.

On 9/27/2019 at 8:05 AM, ppdude said:

Open it, stretch it to get the leak guards to stand up. The Dry 24/7's have two big bulges where the folds are so I pinch the area so that my balls/thighs can hold it up and attempt to stretch out the bulge. The bottom tapes go on first, adjustments and creams are applied then finally taped shut at the tops. From right to left since I'm right handed. Can do it in a record setting 12 minutes. Bech ya can't beat that.

That really with the exception of applying creams after the first tapes:  that's heretical talk that can get you burned at a stake :-)  Cream goes before diaper to get to the bits the need it.

As ppdude says, stretch it to get the guards to stand up.  That's worth doing.  Having those guards stuck to the diaper padding in the horizontal position is great for increasing chair humidity.  I fold the whole diaper taco-style to take those bulges out a bit and create a kind of channel but that's just another way of skinning the same cat.

I tried the whole fluffing thing.  First up i wrecked a diaper the same way that guy did.  Second, it seemed to make Molicare padding disintegrate in the diaper when wet even more quickly than it usually does :-(

For a snug fit, change standing against a wall.  It's taken me more than 50 years to clue in to THAT neat hack but it's awesome.  I think the correct fit has a lot to do with leaks or lack thereof.

On 6/26/2019 at 8:22 AM, Forced2wet said:

I also tend to tape the bottom tapes first and the top ones after

I do the same! I can't describe how wonderfully secure I feel to have a nice snug diaper at bedtime! Loose baggy diapers do nothing for me and make me worry all night about leaking. I fasten both leg tapes, lifting each leg and pulling slightly. Making sure those annoying side flaps are tucked in, then I do the waist ones, pulling them snug as well. Overnight it stretches and loosens but not much. And when my husband does it for me he makes sure to do it all the same way ?

7 hours ago, oznl said:

For a snug fit, change standing against a wall.  It's taken me more than 50 years to clue in to THAT neat hack but it's awesome.  I think the correct fit has a lot to do with leaks or lack thereof.

I put my diapers,  standing against a wall also.  I position the back of the diaper where it should be then lean my butt against the wall to hold the diaper in place.  Then I pull the front of the diaper up between my legs,  adjust the gathers up where they should be.  Then I tape the bottom tapes first. Usually I'll tape the left leg tape, adjust the right leg gathers then the right leg tape.  Then the right top tape and then the left top tape.

8 hours ago, oznl said:

That really with the exception of applying creams after the first tapes:  that's heretical talk that can get you burned at a stake ? Cream goes before diaper to get to the bits the need it.

I'm so very sorry... I don't want to be a heretic or be heretical.

I did it that way to keep the goop from messing up the tapes. Tapes that won't stick or don't work are a bummer. I now keep a 2" roll of packing tape hand in case they fail so I don't waste a perfectly good diaper.

Never let a diaper go to waste before you waste it.

On 9/26/2019 at 11:05 PM, ppdude said:

12 minutes for a stand up change?  That seems a very long time to me.

For me (wet only admittedly) I can: prep my new nappy (unfold, brief fold lengthways, stretch the leakguards), de-trouser, un-button onesie, remove old nappy and clean up (wipes and cream if needed), pop new nappy in place and apply powder, before finally fastening (bottom tapes first, adjust and then top taps) and buttoning up me onesie and trousers back on.  

Takes about 4 minutes for me, can do it quicker IF in a clean place (ie home!) and being less cautious and where trousers etc touch the floor.

On 10/1/2019 at 2:51 PM, Spanky said:

I put my diapers,  standing against a wall also.  I position the back of the diaper where it should be then lean my butt against the wall to hold the diaper in place.  Then I pull the front of the diaper up between my legs,  adjust the gathers up where they should be.  Then I tape the bottom tapes first. Usually I'll tape the left leg tape, adjust the right leg gathers then the right leg tape.  Then the right top tape and then the left top tape.

Something that might be useful when no wall is available:  Found on Amazon, a magnetic "Swifty Snap Standing Changer".

It's basically  a PUL belt that has a magnetic flap that you attach to the back of a diaper, then you place the belt around your waist and the magnet holds the back of the diaper in place until you get the tapes fastened after which you lift the magnetic flap and remove the belt.

Swifty_Snap.jpg.d44787233306ae599072792f9ef21d51.jpgSwifty.Snap2.jpg.4dceec9fa5bf5595fc8d498853113d9b.jpg