LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper ban

The nation of Vanuatu has banned all disposable diapers due to pollution caused by plastic ,even the cloth like ones that have internal plastic are banned pure and simple cotton cloth diapers ,will be your only choice ,i will fit in good there!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Well it looks like they will have to stick to the cloth diapers and duckie pins and the high increase in laundry use to clean them, which I don't think will be good for the environment either, but I could be wrong.

13 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Well it looks like they will have to stick to the cloth diapers and duckie pins and the high increase in laundry use to clean them, which I don't think will be good for the environment either, but I could be wrong.

The environmental impact of Disposables v.s Cloth is really a question of whether plastic waste or water usage is more of a concern in your area. Presuming you have a biomass power plant with advanced air-filtration technology, you can eliminate the waste from disposable diapers, but that's a pretty hefty investment. On the flip side, water usage isn't as much of a problem if there's a state-of-the-art water treatment plant that your wastewater goes to that's able to reclaim over 95% of the wastewater supplied to fresh water.

6 hours ago, littleTomás said:

The environmental impact of Disposables v.s Cloth is really a question of whether plastic waste or water usage is more of a concern in your area. Presuming you have a biomass power plant with advanced air-filtration technology, you can eliminate the waste from disposable diapers, but that's a pretty hefty investment. On the flip side, water usage isn't as much of a problem if there's a state-of-the-art water treatment plant that your wastewater goes to that's able to reclaim over 95% of the wastewater supplied to fresh water.

Either way, most infrastructure in western cities is not set up to handle either of those scenarios.  

I am very grateful to not live in a place that makes such over reaching policy on the private lives of it's citizens.  I hope this type of legislation never makes it to Canada, but it would not surprise me if it did.  I suppose I would have to start an underground network of disposable diaper distribution.

Vanuatu is a small, island nation that is 1) getting smaller due to sea level rise, and 2) dependent on fishing and tourism, and plastic presents problems for both of those.

My guess is they have a problem with there being enough space for landfills and the threat of intermittent flooding causing garbage to float away from landfills.

Ban in their case makes perfect sense.

On 6/25/2019 at 11:16 PM, Cruiser 03 said:

The nation of Vanuatu has banned all disposable diapers due to pollution caused by plastic ,even the cloth like ones that have internal plastic are banned pure and simple cotton cloth diapers ,will be your only choice ,i will fit in good there!

Yep me too. And not only that, the weather must be nice as well

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 7:22 AM, Brudda Voodu said:

Either way, most infrastructure in western cities is not set up to handle either of those scenarios.  

I am very grateful to not live in a place that makes such over reaching policy on the private lives of it's citizens.  I hope this type of legislation never makes it to Canada, but it would not surprise me if it did.  I suppose I would have to start an underground network of disposable diaper distribution.

If a ban on disposable diapers were enacted today there would be problems.

Once cloth and biodegradeable diapers are able to meet peoples' needs, I could see a ban on plastic ones being more reasonable.  

Here’s an actual article on the ban.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/vanuatu-plastic-ban-law-ocean-pollution_n_5c6ee757e4b0f40774cd355d

They have very little land and are dependent on the ocean for food and their economy. They’re on the front lines of climate change. They made a hard but smart decision.