LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I’ve always wondered...

Joep

Why do companies choose to end the plastic backing or shell right at the crease of the legs? I think it would make more sense protection wise to the extend the material a couple inches down the legs. I can’t tell you how many time they crumple and fold in the creases of legs when I wear diapers. Can anyone relate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What others said and the fact that having it extend down the legs would cause some serious chafing. 

Whats more, simply adding plastic won’t prevent leaks. If there’s nothing to absorb liquid, it will just pass under the plastic unless the seal is tight to the point of discomfort and even danger from constricting blood flow. That’s why side leaks happen. That’s why leaks happen even if there are plastic pants over a disposable.

Why do companies choose to end the plastic backing or shell right at the crease of the legs? I think it would make more sense protection wise to the extend the material a couple inches down the legs. I can’t tell you how many time they crumple and fold in the creases of legs when I wear diapers. Can anyone relate?

Plastic backed diapers are the best in my opinion

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1
What others said and the fact that having it extend down the legs would cause some serious chafing. 
Whats more, simply adding plastic won’t prevent leaks. If there’s nothing to absorb liquid, it will just pass under the plastic unless the seal is tight to the point of discomfort and even danger from constricting blood flow. That’s why side leaks happen. That’s why leaks happen even if there are plastic pants over a disposable.

True I see everyone points. Maybe I didn’t get my idea across well enough. Not only would the plastic extend maybe an inch or two down but also the absorbent material as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm interesting thought Joep.....I agree that to go lower would risk leaks, but as for the chafing bit one of the reasons a lot of guys now wear boxer briefs is that the longer leg prevents chafing....suppose its cotton vs plastic in that case. 

On 6/25/2019 at 6:44 AM, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@diaperedboilerman is correct all the way and cost is a factor to.  The More plastic that is on the diaper the more it will cost.  Plus I can see them being uncomfortable. 

Nothing to do with cost. Look up some diaper manufacturing video. Diaper shell is cut from a continuous roll of PE foil (or a PE foil/nonwoven fabric sandwich) that is the width of the final diaper wings (widest part), and as it goes down the production line it gets cutouts on each side to turn it into the hourglass shape, and the narrower the middle section gets, the more wasted material there is. So in fact it would probably be cheaper to make the middle section wider, because there would be less waste material to deal with in the manufacturing process, the cutting blades could be smaller and possibly have a cheaper maintenance (they don't stay sharp indefinitely). But it would make the diaper fit worse. 

I know that lot of you guys hate their guts for discontinuing production of diapers with PE shell, but know that not all the decisions the diaper manufacturers make are done to make more money solely by fucking their customers over. So easy with the conspiracy theories.