LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Struggling with intermediate level disability

So I've mentioned this several time before but I got into this lifestyle as a way of coping with my disability. Autism Spec (officially diagnosed) and most likely BPD/PDNOS (self-diagnosed). This tends to express as moderate to severe: Executive dysfunction, attention deficient, trouble reading people/communication, cyclic depression(fatigue, apathy, anhedonia, lowself esteem), and anxiety (general, social existential), and occasional impulse control issues. So that's the background.... Over the past year I've come to the difficult and awkward realization that living on my own may not be the best thing for me, but I want a professional carrier in the general are of S.T.E.A.M so I think institutional setting would be an even worse idea. And that's where I'm really struggling is finding that intermediate level of care.  Basically what I feel like I need is some combination of admin assistant and surrogate mum, as weird as that may sound. Someone who can handle things like organizing my schedule, making sure I get to appointments, fiances, ensuring I stay on top of school/work, and making sure that I take care of my self/house. I don't have any cash to pay for services so It's like beating my head against a brick wall trying to figure out how to get this. Any advice is appreciated.

That's a lot to deal with, on top of having financial struggles. I totally empathize. I hope you can find the resources you need. Have you tried connecting with government assistance programs to see if any of those would be of any help? There's federal government assistance programs, and state ones (maybe even local ones, depending upon your area).  Another areas to look at are to see if there are any local charities that could help you. Another place to look could possibly be some local churches- they might have some charities/ volunteer organizations/ etc. You usually don't have to be religious or a member of that church to ask for help- at least not with any of the ones I've worked with.  Or try getting in touch with a Social Worker office- they might be able to direct you to local resources. 

It's a lot to deal with, but don't give up. If you ever just need to vent/ peops to listen to you, we're here for you. :) 

ETA: Here's a website for the department of health and human services. I hope this can be of help to you. https://www.hhs.gov/programs/social-services/index.html

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 4:30 PM, YourFNF said:

So I've mentioned this several time before but I got into this lifestyle as a way of coping with my disability. Autism Spec (officially diagnosed) and most likely BPD/PDNOS (self-diagnosed). This tends to express as moderate to severe: Executive dysfunction, attention deficient, trouble reading people/communication, cyclic depression(fatigue, apathy, anhedonia, lowself esteem), and anxiety (general, social existential), and occasional impulse control issues. So that's the background.... Over the past year I've come to the difficult and awkward realization that living on my own may not be the best thing for me, but I want a professional carrier in the general are of S.T.E.A.M so I think institutional setting would be an even worse idea. And that's where I'm really struggling is finding that intermediate level of care.  Basically what I feel like I need is some combination of admin assistant and surrogate mum, as weird as that may sound. Someone who can handle things like organizing my schedule, making sure I get to appointments, fiances, ensuring I stay on top of school/work, and making sure that I take care of my self/house. I don't have any cash to pay for services so It's like beating my head against a brick wall trying to figure out how to get this. Any advice is appreciated.

Have you thought about getting a life coach?  They usually specialize in helping people with the executive and logistical stuff that you mentioned and I think it's covered under certain health insurances.  

11 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

Have you thought about getting a life coach?  They usually specialize in helping people with the executive and logistical stuff that you mentioned and I think it's covered under certain health insurances.  

Someting to look into thanks

• Like 1

I could recommend one and is AB aware.  She is a long time friend of mine and I confided in her about it back in 2011.

On 7/13/2019 at 9:14 PM, dlb said:

I could recommend one and is AB aware.  She is a long time friend of mine and I confided in her about it back in 2011.

Unfortunately in FL but thank you *hugs*

• 4 months later...

https://www.fddc.org/places-to-find-help

Link above is to FL developmental disabilities council. It appears there are services that you can apply for.

—-
I am in a similar boat and qualified for my state’s equivalent program. They mostly help with attendent care, which has been key to me living independently, but I believe they offer services similar to what you are looking for. In the worst of times for me they’ve been a lifeline. Fair warning that these services are a pita to qualify for and, if working -especially in transition to and from work (ie income) are easily screwed up due to the minority of the population that qualifies for these programs even attempting to work.

Good luck, I hope it helps!