LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A permanent baby?

One of the regular themes of AB fiction seems to be the idea of becoming a baby FOREVER. I suppose it speaks to our often desperate desire for the time to be a baby as much as possible. For many, those baby desires never leave and simply bubble beneath the surface. I've read a lot of those types of books, but they always talk about the process of getting there, but little about what it is like to actually be a real-life permanent baby. That is probably because such a existence is impossible. EXCEPT IT ISNT!

I personally know a small number (6) couples where one of them is now permanently infantile. it sounds like both a dream and a nightmare all at the same time and to be honest, that is how it is in real life too. I've twice read about situations like this in the regular media and it has always fascinated me and perhaps terrified me. I have my own very deeply regressive sissybaby and the idea of him regressing to infancy and never coming back, does not thrill me. In the early days of babying him, it was one of my fears. But for the vast majority of us, our psychological makeup simply prevents it from happening. But for a very very few, that is not the case.

From talking to my own baby and others and from watching their behaviour and utter contentment at being very deeply infantile, I get the attraction and perhaps for them, it would be a utopian existence. But not for their carers! Living as a happy infant, devoid of anything adult does sound quite attractive!

I wonder now how people honestly feel about the idea of permanent infancy, IF they had a support mechanism that could make it viable. 

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, rosalie.bent said:

I wonder now how people honestly feel about the idea of permanent infancy, IF they had a support mechanism that could make it viable. 

Thoughts?

I wouldn’t want to all the time personally: I like my adult side to and I'd rather maintain a healthy balance of both sides etc

6 minutes ago, Apache Raccoon said:

I wouldn’t want to all the time personally: I like my adult side to and I'd rather maintain a healthy balance of both sides etc

I would agree. I think being adult and retaining it is important. The problem is, there are a very small number of people for whom the adult is permanently sidelined.It is not something they specifically choose.

Nope I couldn’t be a baby all the time as a whole I do love my adult life but every now and again it’s nice to regress for a little while.

20 minutes ago, Newbee said:

Nope I couldn’t be a baby all the time as a whole I do love my adult life but every now and again it’s nice to regress for a little while.

as it is for most people:)

Ooh!  A thought experiment!

I suppose it would be feasible to role play infancy permanently given sufficient resources and support.  A conscious decision to irrevocably renounce adulthood and rely upon a highly asymmetric personal relationship for support in perpetuity would seem to me to be egocentric to the point of pathological.  Especially if this was not what the partner had bargained for.

A commercial arrangement for such a state of care would not be 100% possible since the “baby” at some point, would need to be competent to operate the finances to enable it.

Additionally, and for the main actor most importantly, I see a mental paradox in genuine (rather than role-played) permanent mental regression:  it may well be only the adult mind's perspective that made infantilism seem attractive in the first place.  With the loss of that adult mental state, life as a baby may not be the fun fair it was fantasised as.  Perhaps bland food, painful nappy rash, the absence of personal agency and interminable boredom might prove to be a Dantean level of hell rather than heaven. 

Furthermore, having slipped the moorings of adult thought, it may not be possible for the “baby” to swim back to the mental shore as the reasoning and experience to do so would be absent.

That sounds like a plot line for a “Black Mirror” episode to me.

57 minutes ago, oznl said:

Ooh!  A thought experiment!

I suppose it would be feasible to role play infancy permanently given sufficient resources and support.  A conscious decision to irrevocably renounce adulthood and rely upon a highly asymmetric personal relationship for support in perpetuity would seem to me to be egocentric to the point of pathological.  Especially if this was not what the partner had bargained for.

A commercial arrangement for such a state of care would not be 100% possible since the “baby” at some point, would need to be competent to operate the finances to enable it.

Additionally, and for the main actor most importantly, I see a mental paradox in genuine (rather than role-played) permanent mental regression:  it may well be only the adult mind's perspective that made infantilism seem attractive in the first place.  With the loss of that adult mental state, life as a baby may not be the fun fair it was fantasised as.  Perhaps bland food, painful nappy rash, the absence of personal agency and interminable boredom might prove to be a Dantean level of hell rather than heaven. 

Furthermore, having slipped the moorings of adult thought, it may not be possible for the “baby” to swim back to the mental shore as the reasoning and experience to do so would be absent.

That sounds like a plot line for a “Black Mirror” episode to me.

That is a very interesting post and I admit, I immediately thought of how it could form t he basis of a very dark and difficult plot for a novel. Interested in writing it?

BTW permanent infants DO exists albeit in in credibly small numbers

1 hour ago, rosalie.bent said:

That is a very interesting post and I admit, I immediately thought of how it could form t he basis of a very dark and difficult plot for a novel. Interested in writing it?

I’m not sure there’s a novel in there but you could certainly work a long-ish short story out of it.  I suspect however that the addressable market for that kind of story would be vanishingly small.

Looking around at the typical ABDL fictional story, it’s clear that they tend to be either framed as erotica or alternately, as positive validation of ABDL fantasy.  Both scenarios tend to star a limited number of recurring themes or plot clichés. 

Such a story would be neither.  In fact it would be the antithesis of a validation theme and by definition, not erotic.  If sufficiently well written, it could potentially stand on its own feet as literature but it would exist in a narrow-cast environment ruled by contrary objectives and probably be too weird for the mainstream.

I remember once writing a negatively-themed ABDL story on the old Wetset forums as a joke response to a recurrent troller's demand that people "write me a story".  A VERY small number of people "got it".  I put it on Fetlife for a while where it drew exactly zero response – despite being reasonably constructed.

Whilst an interesting idea and I could think of narrative mechanism to tell it, I suspect you’d not find it “commercial”.  I suspect 99% of your audience would not like such a story.

2 hours ago, oznl said:

I’m not sure there’s a novel in there but you could certainly work a long-ish short story out of it.  I suspect however that the addressable market for that kind of story would be vanishingly small.

Looking around at the typical ABDL fictional story, it’s clear that they tend to be either framed as erotica or alternately, as positive validation of ABDL fantasy.  Both scenarios tend to star a limited number of recurring themes or plot clichés. 

Such a story would be neither.  In fact it would be the antithesis of a validation theme and by definition, not erotic.  If sufficiently well written, it could potentially stand on its own feet as literature but it would exist in a narrow-cast environment ruled by contrary objectives and probably be too weird for the mainstream.

I remember once writing a negatively-themed ABDL story on the old Wetset forums as a joke response to a recurrent troller's demand that people "write me a story".  A VERY small number of people "got it".  I put it on Fetlife for a while where it drew exactly zero response – despite being reasonably constructed.

Whilst an interesting idea and I could think of narrative mechanism to tell it, I suspect you’d not find it “commercial”.  I suspect 99% of your audience would not like such a story.

sounds interesting. Fetlife is however where any good idea goes to die. the black background of the sit is indicative of the content and the attitudes and behaviour  of many of its denizens.

the story would need to have some redeeming features. Stephen King could do it, but i doubt he would want to try,

33 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

Stephen King could do it, but i doubt he would want to try,

I suspect he might but wouldn't dare to.  I've only read a handful of Stephen King novels but high frequency of pants-wetting incidents (multiple books) and even a direct reference to ABDL practice (Gerald's Game) caught my attention as unusual.

Over the years I have read posts from some very interesting people who go all out into AB or diaper play.  One fellow in his 50's lived his entire life as a 7 year old toddler in diapers.  He played with his toys all day and waited for his "daddy" to change his diapers when needed.  He was living his dream, but I do suspect at times he engaged in other more adult things with his "daddy".  I've also read a few posts from AB guys who have gotten verbally angry and abusive when it was pointed out to them that they are not an actual baby but an adult playing at being a baby.  In their mind they were a real full time 1 year old baby!  Seriously!  When others pointed out that a real baby could not read, write, use a computer, interact on forums or have any type of normal conversation with others, these guys (one in particular) got really violent in his reply.  To each their own.  If they are so into it that they are in denial, who am I to argue and burst their bubble if that's how they want their life to be.  Me?  Never ever!

In this day in age, I just can’t see the feasibility of regressing full-time like that. There are a large number of things that would have to go in your favor for anyone to achieve that sort of lifestyle.

Personally, I would never even attempt it. As much as I like wearing diapers and whatnot, I’d get burned out of it after a while. It’s a big reason why I don’t wear 24/7 as it is. Besides, there’s a lot I’d miss about being an adult and independent. I mean, I just bought a brand new truck. No way in hell I’d give that up.

24 minutes ago, Smash-N-Dash said:

In this day in age, I just can’t see the feasibility of regressing full-time like that. There are a large number of things that would have to go in your favor for anyone to achieve that sort of lifestyle.

Personally, I would never even attempt it. As much as I like wearing diapers and whatnot, I’d get burned out of it after a while. It’s a big reason why I don’t wear 24/7 as it is. Besides, there’s a lot I’d miss about being an adult and independent. I mean, I just bought a brand new truck. No way in hell I’d give that up.

I think the point is that no one actually deliberately attempts it. Their psychological makeup is that that it becomes possible whereas for the vast majority, it is not possible.

18 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

I think the point is that no one actually deliberately attempts it. Their psychological makeup is that that it becomes possible whereas for the vast majority, it is not possible.

Very true, but it’s not just the psychological aspect I’m thinking about. Financially, it’d be very difficult to overcome the loss of income from someone opting to go full baby among other things.

Considering that my little/mid side tends to be less baby and more alterabled adult..... This a nope.....

17 hours ago, rosalie.bent said:

One of the regular themes of AB fiction seems to be the idea of becoming a baby FOREVER. I suppose it speaks to our often desperate desire for the time to be a baby as much as possible. For many, those baby desires never leave and simply bubble beneath the surface. I've read a lot of those types of books, but they always talk about the process of getting there, but little about what it is like to actually be a real-life permanent baby. That is probably because such a existence is impossible. EXCEPT IT ISNT!

I personally know a small number (6) couples where one of them is now permanently infantile. it sounds like both a dream and a nightmare all at the same time and to be honest, that is how it is in real life too. I've twice read about situations like this in the regular media and it has always fascinated me and perhaps terrified me. I have my own very deeply regressive sissybaby and the idea of him regressing to infancy and never coming back, does not thrill me. In the early days of babying him, it was one of my fears. But for the vast majority of us, our psychological makeup simply prevents it from happening. But for a very very few, that is not the case.

From talking to my own baby and others and from watching their behaviour and utter contentment at being very deeply infantile, I get the attraction and perhaps for them, it would be a utopian existence. But not for their carers! Living as a happy infant, devoid of anything adult does sound quite attractive!

Thoughts?

Due to experiences I've had or learned about from friends, I have some thoughts about this topic.  

The first is, "What's in it for the caregiver?"  Initially, caregivers may take pleasure in observing and possibly vicariously enjoying the joyfulness and innocent pleasures their adult baby.  However, if the AB permanently and intellectually descends into that infantile role, the caregiver's pleasure will likely give way to the physical and psychological burdens of taking the AB.  Changing soiled diapers, feeding, cleaning, supervising, and otherwise taking care of an infantile adult would certainly provide little pleasure to most adults.  If you are the AB's life partner, you are now saddled with taking care of the AB in addition to the normal challenges of everyday life such as earning a living, maintaining a home, etc.  And now, you are doing alone without the intellectual, emotional, and moral support of your partner.  Your AB partner is now just one more drain on you physical and psychological energy.  At some point, when the burdens became too great to handle, I would think that the caregiver would consider institutionalizing the now mentally impaired AB partner.

Second, being on the AB side would terrify me.  Giving up all self-control and making myself completely and irrevocably dependent on others for my care, support, and well-being would require an infinite amount of trust.  When I was and junior or senior in high school, my psychology class visited a state institution for intellectually disabled people.  Back then, it was common for families to institutionalize developmentally disabled children or relatives when the burdens of caring for them became too great.  Some of the individuals there were completely infantile spending their time in cribs or lying on the floor.  Others were sitting on the floor rocking back and forth wearing nothing but a diaper.  Still others were wandering the facility within the bounds of their confined area.  There was very little joyful, childish play or interaction between even individuals of similar intellectual abilities.

In my opinion, an individual voluntarily making him/her self a permanent AB is probably the ultimate act of selfishness.  It's one thing to enjoy the pleasures of regression and throw off the responsibilities of daily life for short periods of time and something else to completely abdicate those responsibilities and load them onto a parent or life partner.

• Like 1

Another factor is that there's really no such thing as a permanent baby.

A baby is a dynamic creature.  A 1 day old baby is significantly different than it will be when it is a 1 month old baby, and will be significantly different than when it is a 1 year old baby, etc.

Babies don't just enjoy sleeping, playing, eating, drinking, and eliminating.  They are constantly growing, constantly learning, constantly becoming more intelligent, becoming more coordinated, and more independent.  By 2 years old most babies are speaking and have some basic communication with their parents.  By 3 most people no longer consider a child a baby, whether it is continent or not.  As a child grows older, they are responsible for more and more of their lives, whether they are continent or not.  Incontinent children over a certain age are often given full responsibility to deal with the issue by having to don and change their own pull-ups.  Thus the time frame that one could expect to be a "baby" is generally less than 3 years; far short of being permanent.

What it appears is that there are some people that want to permanently act like a baby as defined in their mind.  Thus decisions are being made by the adult as to how they are going to act.  Such as:  do I walk, or do I crawl?  Do I speak at all, do I only speak gibberish, do I only speak some words, etc?  Do I cry immediately after wetting / soiling my diaper, do I wait a few hours to cry over one, do I never cry, etc.  Do I play with my feces like most babies do at some point,, and even possibly smear it on a wall like some do?  Do I sit in a high chair, or do I make my partner lift me up into the high chair?  Do I feed myself, or do I have my partner feed me?  Do I act differently in public, or do I wear my diapers / baby clothing / bonnet / pacifier?  Do I speak normally in public, or do I speak the same way I do at home?  Do I eat regular food in public, or baby food, and does my partner feed me or not?   If my partner falls ill, do I temporarily stop being a baby and help, or do I continue to act like a baby?  Do I act like a baby at the dentist / doctor's office?  Do I play with other babies (actual babies or adult babies)?  If your partner needs to work to sustain the household, who is your caregiver during those work hours? (after all, a real baby cannot be left alone for long).  I could probably think of many more questions that would need to be addressed. 

I seriously doubt that any of the adult babies in such a relationship are attempting to progress the way a regular infant would.  

• Like 1

Wel

On 6/22/2019 at 7:21 PM, dyperbole said:

there's really no such thing as a permanent baby

I've just quoted that, but overall I agree with everything you said here.  I wouldn't be able to stay a baby, because I'd be looking for stimulation and learning experiences all the time, trying to get further along the road of life.  I'm still like that as an adult, and of course all babies are like that.  Except those that don't have normal brain function of course.  As a baby you spend most of your waking time learning how to grow up.  How could it work if you tried to avoid learning or growing?  One thing I know for sure is that it would be too boring for me to take for long.

Mind you, I'd be up for spending, say, half my life like that...

I dont think anyone would ever actively SEEK this kind of permanency as a baby. IN fact, I dont know if it is ever truly possible to choose it. The book we just published was about someone who actually had this happen to them when their partner regressed permanently to infancy. The point is that this DOES happen albeit it incredibly rare. 

I certainly wouldn't want it and nor would my baby. But a lot of people can imagine what it would be like to be a baby for an extended period and wonder what hat would be like.  There are plenty of ABs that have been complete infants for many days at a time.

2 hours ago, rosalie.bent said:

I dont think anyone would ever actively SEEK this kind of permanency as a baby. IN fact, I dont know if it is ever truly possible to choose it. The book we just published was about someone who actually had this happen to them when their partner regressed permanently to infancy. The point is that this DOES happen albeit it incredibly rare. 

I certainly wouldn't want it and nor would my baby. But a lot of people can imagine what it would be like to be a baby for an extended period and wonder what hat would be like.  There are plenty of ABs that have been complete infants for many days at a time.

Amazed that there are some living like this and while agree with others above that it's selfish 110% if AB is part of your make up I can easily see how it could become permanent.

2 hours ago, abdlnz said:

Amazed that there are some living like this and while agree with others above that it's selfish 110% if AB is part of your make up I can easily see how it could become permanent.

In the book we published Maggie talks about how it happened to her and her AB and also some of the psychology behind it. Becoming a TEMPORARY adult infant, even for many days at a time is one thing, but doing it permanently requires a powerful internal shift.

being ABDL means i get the best of both worlds. everything from pacifiers and diapers to cars and women. do babies get a nice juicy steak? i dont think so, why should i deny myself that pleasure if i like it?

i get my cake and i get to eat it too. 

of course being a permanent baby is a fantasy, but ultimately its just that, a fantasy, all the fun, none of the work, no thought into what they really want.

On 6/21/2019 at 6:28 PM, rosalie.bent said:

Thoughts?

I'm a 24/7 abdl.  My wife treats me with the activities of a abdl.  It is not bad and it makes it more easier.  Everything is taken care of from diapering, food, bathing anddressing.

The fact that you are able to express yourself coherently here is evidence that you’re not truly a permanent AB in the sense that Rosalie is referencing.  I would say that you’re an adult consciously making the decision to act in an infantile manner.

On 6/21/2019 at 6:28 PM, rosalie.bent said:

I wouldn't even if I could for two main reasons. One, I don't ageplay as an infant. My ageplay age is between 2 and 3 and going younger isn't something I would do because that's not my littlespace. Two, I am someone who needs intellectual stimulation to be happy, so giving up being a collage student and later working a full-time job at an engineering firm would make me very unhappy. Even when I'm in littlespace I like to ask questions, much in the same way a toddler would, and one of my favorite littlespace activities is reading children's books on topics of science, technology, and engineering. My little side and my big side work together to allow me to live a happy and fulfilling life. There are many aspects of my adult life that I enjoy that I would have to give up if I adopted an "infant lifestyle," and I just don't want to do that. For me, a couple hours of littlespace each week is all I need to help me relax and refocus.

• Like 1