LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pacifiers

Newbee

For those of you who use a pacifier every night do you ever get use to using it? I ask this as my husband and my daddy both are insisting I use it every night but I’m finding it mentally hard to get use to.

I liked my pacifier right from the get-go, but it took a couple weeks till I got used to the sensation and was able to feel pure comfort without having thoughts of, "this feels odd." I'd give it a couple weeks and start by using your pacifier for short periods of time before (<30 min) and then work your way up from there.

12 minutes ago, Newbee said:

i do like my paci it’s just that I keep thinking I’m doing something wrong by using it.

Well you aren't.  Just go with it, and never feel guilty.  It's hurting nobody.  It works for me, and there's no reason why it shouldn't work for you.?

I have one of the pacifiers with the holes on the sides of them.  When I was feeling bratty, my Daddy Dom would thread ribbon through the holes and tie the pacifier on.  It gets you used to them quickly!

• Like 1

I use my soother all the time while at home. It's been a long time since I first started using one but I I don't think it took me long to first getting used to it, then to wanting to have it. Like a toddler, I don't think I'd ever want to give it up now.

4 hours ago, Rachael-Little said:

Pacifiers are the most infantile item you can use next to diapers.

No doubt it reinforces your baby status.

When I’m little it’s hard to even take it out it’s like a part of me 

I have a recurring dream where I can't pull my dummy out of my mouth.  Not a nightmare - I don't get distressed about it.  Then I wake up and of course it's still in my mouth where it belongs.

• Like 1

I started using a pacifier at night a couple of years ago. It took a little while to get used to it, but now I love it and I use one every night. I don't think I would sleep very well without it. 

I added a cute clip-on pacifier tether maybe a year ago, but I don't really need it, I just like the feel - the pacifier never really falls out of my mouth while I sleep. I also keep it clipped to my shirt during the day if I'm working from home and nobody else is here. I have spent an entire afternoon with it in my mouth, working on a presentation or whatever. I have driven a few hours here and there at night on a long trip, with a pacifier in my mouth. I think it might help me avoid snacking! "The Pacifier Diet"...

One trick is to make sure your paci is the right size for you - I started out using toddler pacifiers, and they tended to push on my teeth while I slept, making them slightly tender in the morning, and making me concerned that they might change position over time. Once I bought a few proper adult pacifiers, where the "bulb" of the nipple sits properly on my palate, they never came out and they don't impinge on my teeth at all. 

Don't feel badly about it - it's harmless fun. My wife knows I sleep with a pacifier - it's not a big deal. 

• Like 2

Thankyou to you all for you kind words and encouragement I have been using my pacifier every night and I’m starting to realise that I’m doing nothing wrong.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I added a cute clip-on pacifier tether maybe a year ago, but I don't really need it, I just like the feel - the pacifier never really falls out of my mouth while I sleep

I don't use one at night - they tend to get in the way.  They're really useful in the day though!

I’ve used a pacifier for a while now, but even though I eventually got used to it, it still took me a few days. Especially when I was asleep. Figuring out the right suckling timing was what really got me, but the more I used it, the more I got comfortable with it. Now I almost always have it with me and the minute it’s in my mouth I’m suckling away.  

• 2 weeks later...

Pacifiers are wonderful. I have used one at night since December 2017. In truth the most wonderful but at the same time scary, feeling is dribbling... not being in control of saliva rolling down my chin or cheek (depending how i am positioned) is the most babifyingly helpless situation one can be in. In terms of how peaceful it feels, it gives me very rested sleep, even though i still only sleep maybe five hours a night. But the added effect of controlling one's tongue is more magic attached to pacifiers.  It is very hard to curse with a pacifier in one's mouth. I have always used a 0-6 months pacifier  (my baby age is between 18-24 months as it is so its not too bad) and only on seldom occasions does it hurt my teeth in any way.. requiring removing it and replacing later. It actually bothers me when, on occasion, i wake up and it has fallen out of my mouth. 

I’ve been a thumb baby my entire life, my parents never made any real effort to get me to quit because my mom did it until she was 12, I think they figured I’d outgrow it, but I never did. I’ve used an adult paci before and it didn’t feel as good as my thumb, plus the rubber dried my mouth out. I’ve been thinking of trying a cherry pop nipple instead of the typical orthodontic one to see if that makes a difference.

• 3 weeks later...

It’s kind of funny but when I would hang out with a friend of mine, he was always quick to point out some of the things I did that he didn’t like. One day we were at his house watching a movie and we were close enough that he could hear me breathing. He was quick to point out that I was “mouth breathing” and I should breath through my nose. Sometimes my nose will be stuffy and I can’t breath that way but since I started using my pacifier regularly I have learned to breath through my nose. I have never been one to point out things others do that I don’t like, I just remind myself “We all do certain things that may annoy others but I just need to grin and bear it, because I know I don’t like my flaws pointed out and some people get so butt hurt that they may never talk to you again.”

• 5 weeks later...

As long as I have my paci clipped to my onesie, I wake up at night, find the paci at the end of its tether and back in the mouth it goes.

The one or two times that I got up with a wet onesie in the middle of the night and had to take it off, I had to improvise and put on my silver chain and clipped the paci tether to the chain instead.  I really need to get a couple more onesies so I can have a change in the middle of the night if I get wet... :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 9:41 PM, DL-Boy said:

As long as I have my paci clipped to my onesie, I wake up at night, find the paci at the end of its tether and back in the mouth it goes.

The one or two times that I got up with a wet onesie in the middle of the night and had to take it off, I had to improvise and put on my silver chain and clipped the paci tether to the chain instead.  I really need to get a couple more onesies so I can have a change in the middle of the night if I get wet... :(

Oh great.. now I need a paci clip...??

What is the connection between having a paci in your mouth and having a wet diaper? Just curious! I went to sleep with a paci for the first time, and woke up at 2am with a soaked diaper and was still peeing when I woke up. First time that happened too LOL ?

My daddy saw me with my paci for the first time last night before bed time. he didn't like it. He took it away but I pouted and told him to give it to me back and he brought it to me later when I was in bed 

On 9/5/2019 at 10:48 AM, Mindylou said:

Oh great.. now I need a paci clip...??

What is the connection between having a paci in your mouth and having a wet diaper? Just curious! I went to sleep with a paci for the first time, and woke up at 2am with a soaked diaper and was still peeing when I woke up. First time that happened too LOL ?

Paci Clips are mandatory. Otherwise they get lost in bed, fall on the floor....I also like it because I can answer the phone and just let it fall out of my mouth. It also adds yet another babyish element.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I don't have a paci clip yet.. but I love going to sleep with it in my mouth! I can tell when I am relaxed enough to go to sleep when I stop sucking it without knowing or have fallen asleep when it falls out of my mouth and wakes me up. I tuck it under my pillow so my hubby don't see it because he still don't like me to use it. So he don't know I still do. It's very comforting during the day too if I get stressed. 

• 2 weeks later...

My best friend and my sister saw my pacifier this week, as I planned. Gosh! You would think it's a snake by their reaction. Firstly, my best friend asked me twice before why I've got a pacifier. Two years ago I said to help me relax. Then when she left the country, I started having trouble breathing at night when I'm sleeping, so that is the totally reasonable and true story I give now. But the comments... okay sure. It's just not understanding maybe. But they said they shouldn't tell or they would never be allowed to visit again. That I just don't understand. It's not like it's a criminal underground behaviour.... that said, they're going back to Europe in three days, practically to the minute so...

I mean, they love me. We'll always be together... but still...