LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Buying Oversize Diapers?

BabyCR

I was looking through ABU diapers and couldn't find anything of the products I really wanted that were in my size (L). There were a number of XL, but I was wondering if that would even work? Has anyone bought oversized diapers before and had them work?

They can work.  

Most oversize diapers have a lot of extra plastic, but not much more padding than a smaller diaper; in fact, some diapers have the same exact padding for all of their diaper sizes.

You can just wear them and the diaper will be really big on you.  Not much of an issue unless you can't tape them because the tapes go further than your midsection.  In those cases, you''ll likely have to add your own tape.

You can also do surgery on the diaper and remove a lot of the excess plastic.This will make it look better, but there's no real way to remove the plastic between the matting and the tapes without ruining the tapes.

Personally, I'd just get a different brand diaper.  I really like ABU's diapers, but they have nothing that I can't live without.  Tykables, Rearz, Bambino, Changing Times Diaper Co, Diaper Connoisseur, Forsite, Dotty Diaper Co, Little for Big, Nappies R Us, Cuddlz, MyDiaper, Fabine, NorthShore, ConfiDry 24/7,  Crinklz, and Betterdry all have diapers that are really good, too. I've probably forgotten about other ones, too.

During their big online announcement event in April, ABU said that sometime this summer they will start to have PeekABUs, Little Paws, and SDKs always in stock.  If those include the diaper you specifically are looking for, then you may just want to wait.  

I'd say it all depends on your waist.  I wore XL diapers for awhile when I had some and I  got several bags of XXL diapers at a thrift store once for 1 dollar a bag.  The XL were quite a bit taller then the L and alot more plastic sides.  They fit up higher over my belly button and the tapes came close to meeting in the middle.  THey were really great to wear over a couple of smaller diapers.  

The XXL were no taller then the XL. but like dyperbole said I couldn't use the tapes on them as the sides wrapped all the way around.  I think XL would work OK for me, but they are much harder to hide under clothes since they go up alot higher.

• 2 months later...

Honestly, I buy oversized diapers sometime just for shits and giggles (pun intended). For me personally, sometimes a diaper that’s too big really gets me into little space. All that extra padding and material you swim in makes you feel that much more little and babyish.

Getting those out of size diapers - well a bargain is a bargain.

One can use belts - tape - scotch - packing - duct - u name it to fabricate the fitting.

Disposable diapers are just that disposable why worry about taping them up too much.

Also consider adding more diaper volume inside - doubling tripling pads liners etc.

Oh you will look so cute - like a Pillsbury Doughboy and if you are going to wear them

in private why all that concern for hiding all that volume what me worry !

Now you can have night time diapers that can handle the all night stuff and then

change to form fitting day time diapers for that public experience.