LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

tips and tricks on how to atrophy sphincter muscles

I do think my bladder capacity has gone down. Floodings if any, are way down. But I'm struggling still with staying relaxed, meaning my sphincters are still normally closed whereas I want them to be normally open. Reading other people's testimonials on how they dribble all the time instead of having these larger gushes of per makes me feel, that I'm doing something wrong. I have failed tremendously in relaxing down there. As soon as I'm concentrated everything tightens up, until I realize I have to relax, again. So This thread is meant as a knowledge sharing on tips and tricks to remain relaxed, and achieving a normally open state in the sphincter muscles.

Nearly 5 months in and to be honest, getting into that "drip and dribble" zone is something that happens intermittently.  It's not an all-the-time thing by any means but I do notice that it's getting easier to get into that zone, easier to stay there for longer and it's happening much more frequently.

A stressful scenario (eg: face to face business meetings) will still see me revert swiftly and involuntarily to holding.

It just seems to be a thing about practice and time.

40 minutes ago, oznl said:

Nearly 5 months in and to be honest, getting into that "drip and dribble" zone is something that happens intermittently.  It's not an all-the-time thing by any means but I do notice that it's getting easier to get into that zone, easier to stay there for longer and it's happening much more frequently.

A stressful scenario (eg: face to face business meetings) will still see me revert swiftly and involuntarily to holding.

It just seems to be a thing about practice and time.

I agree that even after two years dripping and dribbling can be very intermittent.  For me I know it is a mental.  I almost dribble and drip involuntarily when making a bowel movement on the potty or when taking a bath or shower.  At times I will do it all day in my diaper if I consciously think about it.  Other times my body will do what it has naturally done for 37 years.  

Fluid intake helps because the more you have to pee the more you can continually train your bladder to stay relaxed.

Untraining to full time incontinence is 90% mental and 10% physical. 

All the massive changes have to happen in your brain first, before severe muscle atrophy and genuine failure of bladder and bowel control can happen. 

There are people out there who will never untrain just due to the fact that something holds them back mentally, so, if you want to untrain effectively, you have to take the time to address and overcome all those big doubts and insecurities that hold you back.

• Like 3
Untraining to full time incontinence is 90% mental and 10% physical. 
All the massive changes have to happen in your brain first, before severe muscle atrophy and genuine failure of bladder and bowel control can happen. 
There are people out there who will never untrain just due to the fact that something holds them back mentally, so, if you want to untrain effectively, you have to take the time to address and overcome all those big doubts and insecurities that hold you back.

Hi Serah
Thanks for having your input on this. Reading your blog and about your progression towards incontinence means a lot.
For the past days I have really struggled to remain relaxed down there, partially successful, and How I feel I’m sufficiently relaxed, is the feeling in my perineum. It feels like it’s dropping down. And I notice dribbles, especially minutes before my bladder releases. Today even very small squirts in my diaper. No more than 5ml. Or so.

I hope that with sufficient time and persistence, it will be the new normal for me.

Concerning the mental aspects, I do identify myself as incontinent. Though may have to reinforce that identification to a stronger level, so it becomes even more ingrained.
What happens in my diaper, happens without me having a say to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Hi Serah
Thanks for having your input on this. Reading your blog and about your progression towards incontinence means a lot.
For the past days I have really struggled to remain relaxed down there, partially successful, and How I feel I’m sufficiently relaxed, is the feeling in my perineum. It feels like it’s dropping down. And I notice dribbles, especially minutes before my bladder releases. Today even very small squirts in my diaper. No more than 5ml. Or so.

I hope that with sufficient time and persistence, it will be the new normal for me.

Concerning the mental aspects, I do identify myself as incontinent. Though may have to reinforce that identification to a stronger level, so it becomes even more ingrained.

Continuous day and night fluid loading ( boy dogs always have some in the "tank" so should you . Also leverage mental tricks like running water i do not know any incontinent people who can not wet ,its a known trigger ,many times sipping an ice cold glass of water will do it also, there are many weird triggers incos have my most hated is going out in the cold, i can catherize,massage my bladder to try and drain it ,5 minutes later I go out and wham !,shower running dishes being done ,even some garden sprinklers will trigger me ,as well as some soda fountains in restaurants . So basicly these are things that trigger people who illness or injury made inco, make them into your own trigger even if its only a couple drops ,or a flood either way do it long enough it will become "muscle memory" and will become spontaneous ,your bladder will (automaticly) unconsiously takeover doing the correct thing, your biggest battle is getting out of your own way and letting the body take over,you learned during potty training how to store urine and intrepert the signals as to when to empty ,forgetting those will help ,even if that means your bladder caves to its over filled state during a meeting ,in real life inco comes in 1 flavor diapers required 24 /7 and are used whenever whereever ,because guess what there are no consequences ,incos are given the understanding by the general public and employers to go change rather than have a messy accident especialy in carpeted offices ( moving everything to have the rug shampoed is a huge hassle compared to saying excuse me and leaving for a few minutes to change ) in real life bladder or bowel movements are not staged/planned for convenience they just happen ,until you stop trying to keep them convient ,you will not get anywhere ,your body and mind need to understand that diaper is there to contain whatever whenever it happens .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I do think my bladder capacity has gone down. Floodings if any, are way down. But I'm struggling still with staying relaxed, meaning my sphincters are still normally closed whereas I want them to be normally open. Reading other people's testimonials on how they dribble all the time instead of having these larger gushes of per makes me feel, that I'm doing something wrong. I have failed tremendously in relaxing down there. As soon as I'm concentrated everything tightens up, until I realize I have to relax, again. So This thread is meant as a knowledge sharing on tips and tricks to remain relaxed, and achieving a normally open state in the sphincter muscles.

Is the sphincter Muscles control bowels or bladder

You have sphincter muscles in both you bladder and you anus. I have beed told that if not careful you can get more than you want. I personally only want to have pee to be uncontrolled. I am really not wanting both. I have read online that if you retrain relaxing your bladder you can at the same time be relaxing your anus also.

2 hours ago, foreverdl said:

You have sphincter muscles in both you bladder and you anus. I have beed told that if not careful you can get more than you want. I personally only want to have pee to be uncontrolled. I am really not wanting both. I have read online that if you retrain relaxing your bladder you can at the same time be relaxing your anus also.

Yes that's true. You have to be extremely careful if you only want to lose bladder control, as it can be very hard to lose bladder control without also losing bowel control.

On 6/17/2019 at 7:59 PM, Inconito said:

Hi Serah

I'd say you're doing pretty much everything right so far : ) 

Gradually with time, the relaxation will start to become more and more normal, and you'll find that your body starts to default to that state all on its own. Regarding the mental side of things, pretty much anything you can do to reinforce your self identification as incontinent is great, whether that be by doing something big or small, it all helps in the end. 

• Like 1

What did you put in google search bar

I have done many many searches over years , when doing a google search you will need to be short and to the point of what you are trying to find out. And also remember that most of the first page of the results ate people or companies that have Paid Google to be first in line. So you may need to scroll down several pages to get some of the answers that are not trying to sell you something.

Example: atrophy sphincter muscles

On 6/17/2019 at 10:59 AM, Inconito said:

Hi Serah

I try to keep as relaxed as possible (easier said than done!) but especially as soon as you feel the slightest need to pee then especially try to relax so you let out small amounts very regularly and to assist in this always have a glass of water/other liquid in front of you. I probably drink at least a half pint every hour when awake

This seems to be a double edged sword, at least for me. On one hand you're told to keep everything relaxed, which requires focus and mental control. On the other hand you're told to not pay attention and focus on it all the time.

How can we do both?

5 hours ago, jonbearab said:

This seems to be a double edged sword, at least for me. On one hand you're told to keep everything relaxed, which requires focus and mental control. On the other hand you're told to not pay attention and focus on it all the time.

How can we do both?

There are a couple of specific things in the 12 mo guide that I take issue with, and this is one of them...  *Especially* if you want to retain bowel control.

When I went 24/7 I had several setbacks in the 1st year.  I eventually realized that, for me, I needed to put a lot more focus on the “learning to go in any situation” than the “stay relaxed.”  Relaxing the muscles needed to lose bladder control also relaxes everything else down there.  I had a couple of incidents of bowel control loss at night, and I also developed some ED issues...  **IF** that’s what you’re looking for, go ahead and push the “stay relaxed” line of self training.  It is faster.  Just make sure you’re ok with the consequences.

OTOH, if you want to retain bowel control and not have ED issues (for the guys), then the approach needs to be a bit different.  Spend a LOT longer in the learn to go anywhere phase, and in this phase, don’t worry about thinking about it.  Just learn to go.  Learn to go sitting down.  Learn to go walking.  Learn to go driving.  Learn to go laying down (face up, face down, and on your side).  Learn, and then get good at it...  in all positions.

If you find a position, any position, that you’re not good at, focus on it.  Get good at it.  Don’t worry that you’re having to think about it.  It’s ok right now.

Once you’re genuinely good at being able to go in any position, then start the mental work.  Now you’re trying to ignore it.  When it hits your mind, don’t let it stick.  It’s like a leaf floating by on the river.  Pay it no attention.  Just let it move along downstream.  Start actively ignoring the need and your subconscious desire to fight it.  Just let go and don’t think about it.

Your goal is to let yourself do what you’ve already become good at doing without you needing to think about it.

If you really do want to go the “stay relaxed” route, google “reverse kegels.”  There’s lots out there.  For me, I didn’t want the full effect of doing that, but it does work, and it does take less time (IMO).

• Like 1
On 6/30/2019 at 5:42 AM, mahleedl said:

There are a couple of specific things in the 12 mo guide that I take issue with, and this is one of them...  *Especially* if you want to retain bowel control.

When I went 24/7 I had several setbacks in the 1st year.  I eventually realized that, for me, I needed to put a lot more focus on the “learning to go in any situation” than the “stay relaxed.”  Relaxing the muscles needed to lose bladder control also relaxes everything else down there.  I had a couple of incidents of bowel control loss at night, and I also developed some ED issues...  **IF** that’s what you’re looking for, go ahead and push the “stay relaxed” line of self training.  It is faster.  Just make sure you’re ok with the consequences.

OTOH, if you want to retain bowel control and not have ED issues (for the guys), then the approach needs to be a bit different.  Spend a LOT longer in the learn to go anywhere phase, and in this phase, don’t worry about thinking about it.  Just learn to go.  Learn to go sitting down.  Learn to go walking.  Learn to go driving.  Learn to go laying down (face up, face down, and on your side).  Learn, and then get good at it...  in all positions.

If you find a position, any position, that you’re not good at, focus on it.  Get good at it.  Don’t worry that you’re having to think about it.  It’s ok right now.

Once you’re genuinely good at being able to go in any position, then start the mental work.  Now you’re trying to ignore it.  When it hits your mind, don’t let it stick.  It’s like a leaf floating by on the river.  Pay it no attention.  Just let it move along downstream.  Start actively ignoring the need and your subconscious desire to fight it.  Just let go and don’t think about it.

Your goal is to let yourself do what you’ve already become good at doing without you needing to think about it.

If you really do want to go the “stay relaxed” route, google “reverse kegels.”  There’s lots out there.  For me, I didn’t want the full effect of doing that, but it does work, and it does take less time (IMO).

Funny you should mention ED issues. Its not something many of us like to talk about, but just over the last month or so I have begun to notice that its becoming a little harder to maintain and erection. I'm a sub so if it should get worse I think I could cope with the added humiliation.

• 2 months later...
On 6/30/2019 at 6:42 AM, mahleedl said:

But ho exactly to you practice to go anywhere? most info i found was vague.

For many years I tried to go while walking, but the sphincter was closed, so I could only force it out, if this is fine for the first phase then sure i'll do that, but something tells me that is not ok.

Otherwise if it is about learning to go anywhere relaxed, then phase 2 is already mixing in. I'm having trouble trying to find the right practice mechanism, hence all I can do for now is relaxing all the time and using pelvic muscle relaxation to help going while walking.

I can recall wetting myself earlier today some during a 20 minute walk between my office and an appointment.  It might be a function of protracted 24x7 wear but it isn't difficult for me and is actually a bit liberating.  I've found that flow can be a bit episodic as you are walking, tending to stop and start a few times but eventually, the job gets done.  I could see how concerns about leaking might be an inhibitor.  As you are walking WHILE you are peeing, your pee does tend to move around a bit in the crotch of your nappy before being absorbed and you can feel some degree of sloshing about down there.  There were no leaks though.

40 minutes ago, Eido said:

For walking specifically, what I've been doing for practice has been to wait for the need to pee to occur, start the flow, and then start walking around my home as I pee.  If my sphincter accidentally closes up I try to relax it again while walking.  If I can't do that, I'll freeze, restart the flow, and resume walking.  Once I finish wetting I'll keep the sphincter relaxed and open and practice walking around like that for another few minutes.  Adding those extra few minutes has really helped a ton for me, compared to when I was only doing it for the duration of wetting.  It also helps to try your best to let the sphincter relax any other time you're walking.  This kinda verges into the "relaxed all the time" area, but it teaches your bladder that walking is a time that it's perfectly fine to let go and wet.  Hope this helps!

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that out.

Unfortunatly....my sphincter instantly clamps shut the moment I start walking, I am getting a botox injection in that muscle next monday to help remedy this, butthey told me they can't make permannet cuts in the sphincter for this because the scars that grow from it cause further retention problems in the long run.

So I'm a little obstructed by this, I do try to keep it open as much as possible when walking, but at the least thing happening, such as when people pass by and I need to evade, it closes instantly again too.

• 2 years later...

I want to be atrophy, weering 24/7, relax

today I Take à catheter Over 150ml in the bladder, is it normal????

I start to incontinence when I walk!!

can be complication to have retention urinary and try to be unpotty???

is it normal, I lose pressur , flow 5 ml in 5 min, more water, when I catheterism is 150ml on my bladder