LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

boating

I am supposed to go sailing tomorrow on a lake with a couple of people.  I was wondering how to deal with it since there's a possibility of getting wet and/or swimming.  The boat has a cubbie cabin, though no toilet (or maybe it's just a bucket).  On top of it, I'm not sure if there's toilet near the docks.  grrr...

I have been a sailor for 40+ years, so I can answer this with confidence. Go well padded. You will be out the longer than you expect, so dress for comfort. If the boat is big enough to have a cabin, you won't get dumped - there is a heavy keel underneath that will keep the boat upright. I recently sold my sailboat, but it was close to 60 feet overall, and the keel weighed 6.5 tons. Yeah, it had a cabin. I started sailing just out of high school, so I have been on all sizes, including several very large Trans-oceanic racers. 

Enjoy your self and stay hydrated. Take sunscreen, and if you get any amount of motion sickness, take some ginger beer to drink. It's non-alcoholic. 

Questions.  Are the people you are boating with both men or is it a husband and wife? Since today is now your "Tomorrow", this response is too late for you but might help other people in similar situations.  I'd first ask what they do when they have to go to the bathroom so I know in advance.  Sure, with 2 other guys you can whip it out and pee in a bucket (or if the boat is small enough like a bass boat, pee over the side).  I've done that many times when I've had regular friends with me in my boats.  With my DL friend we didn't have to worry as we were both wearing diapers.  If it's a guy and his wife you may not want to do that in front of her!  I once went out with a friend and his wife in their 18 foot open boat.  When his wife needed to pee, my friend just said, "Face the bow of the boat until I tell you it's OK to turn around".  His wife dropped her pants and peed in the bucket (and I didn't peek).

You are listed as a DL but I don't know if you wear 24/7 or not since your post didn't say.  I suspect not since you mentioned not knowing if there are toilets on the dock, but that could just mean you were looking for a place to change diapers before heading out on the boat.  If you do wear 24/7, are your boating friends aware that you wear diapers?  If so, then I would say the only thing you would need to worry about is if you need to change your diaper on the boat for whatever reason.  They have a cubby cabin.  Is it large enough for you to change a diaper in there if they turn their backs to you while you do it?  What do they do about swimming or getting wet while sailing?  How do they deal with it?  Do they wear swim suits so they can just jump in the water or not worry about getting wet from the spray of the boat while sailing?  If so, can you do the same thing?  You probably can if you are not incontinent and don't wear diapers 24/7.

Say you are incontinent and you have to wear diapers.  If your friends are aware then I might suggest you wear a premium diaper if you have some, one that will last many hours.  Wear plastic pants over it and then your shorts or whatever.  Sure, you may look bulky but if they already know you wear diapers, so be it.  That way your diaper should last you through the boating trip and the plastic pants will help keep your diaper dry from any spray that comes in the boat.  You won't be able to jump in the lake and go swimming with your diaper on, but sometimes you can't always have it both ways.  

If not incontinent, just forgo wearing diapers, wear the same type of clothing your friends wear and enjoy your trip!  Do what they do and pee in the bucket or wherever, even if you have to do it more often than they do.  After all, they are human too and have to pee just like everyone else.  By the way, when I have been out on the lake for 6 or more hours, I've had my diaper leak.  When in a boat, your pants are bound to get a little wet from the spray or water from fish and buckets and all.  It's not all that strange if someone gets out of their boat at the dock and their pants are wet.  Who's to know it's from sitting on a wet boat seat or from your diaper leaking, especially if you have dark blue shorts or swimsuit on?

In fact, I was working on my boat today.    I spent the last week apply one coat of varnish to everything and a few more to the transom and behind the rear seats.    I also changed the oil, charged the battery,  put in a new water pump impeller,  checked the bilge pump, cleaned most everything, applied protectant to the vinyl on the seats, flemished up the lines, washed the covers.    I had spent may rebuilding the carburetor and it seems to have fixed my starting problems.   Now I got to put her back in the water.    It's been raining so hard here there's tons of junk washed into the lake.   May wait a day or so for things to settle down.