LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Were you ever pre-warned about having to wear diapers by parents or not?

I didn't outgrow wearing diapers at night until I was about 10, so having a diaper put on for bed was never a surprise, really - I was more surprised when my parents proposed not wearing a diaper to bed on a few occasions where I had maybe gone three or four nights dry. That generally resulted in wet sheets within a short period of time, until it didn't, one fateful week. 

I did get surprised on more than a few occasions with respect to being informed, when we were heading out somewhere, that I was going to wear a diaper; there seemed to be an inexact algorithm for determining this. It depended on how far we were driving, what time of day it was, if we were staying over or coming back, what we were doing once we arrived, and possibly also if Jupiter was in Venus, and whether or not my mom had a headache, and, critically, if my nosy sister asked aloud whether or not I should wear a diaper. I also got surprised a couple of times when we went up to the cottage, that nobody had actually packed me any underwear whatsoever; we usually drove up late Friday night, so I would wear a diaper in the car, because I was going to fall asleep, and I had a box of diapers up there, so, as my mom explained to me, I was pretty much in a bathing suit for the entire day whenever we were up there, so what's the big deal? Well, that fell apart if it was cold or rainy and we spent the days watching movies or playing board ("bored") games. I'd end up leaving my night diaper on, if it wasn't soaked, until later in the day, and then I'd get a new one after I took a shower or before dinner. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wasn't bed trained till I was about 8. I started wetting the bed again a few times a week when I was twelve (nightmares). My mom was sick of it by the time I was 14. She pulled me aside and gave me a warning that I would be put back in diapers if I didn't stop. I never got told off so it rattled me. The threats backfired and I got so anxious that I wet myself on the way home from school (not the last time). I hid the clothes in the washing machine but forgot to turn it on. I found a box of girls pullups in my pillow the next day. They belonged to my little cousin who had stayed over christmas. Every week I got a new packet in my underwear drawer. It was very humiliating but my mom did the right thing really. She never cleaned my wet sheets again. I heard her tell a friend that the embarassment of pink was meant to deter me. Stupid really, it just triggered my anxiety more. I moved out for college at 18 and have upgraded to drynights now that I buy them myself. Whenever I walk past the pullups at the store I shiver and remember the feeling of my stomach dropping at that humiliating talk with my mom. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Sadly I was never threatened with nappies :(

There are only three accidents that I can remember happening as a child that I can remember so my mother obviously saw no reason. Curse my ridiculously strong bladder!

1. I was nine, I remember waking up wet and at first thinking I was really sweaty.

2. I was 14, I was ill so that's a pretty good excuse.

3. When I was 12, this wasn't a bed-wetting incident. I had diarrhea on the sofa, my mam wasn't angry at all, she was very sympathetic and sent me to shower while she cleaned up. 

I wet the bed till I was about 6, but never diapers, just a loud plastic sheet, so the mattress was protected. During that time, I was not threatened with diapers, my mom was not going to have me go back! She was adamant, once she had me out of them. But, after that ended, (my bedwetting) many times mom threatened me with diapers. The line went, “ are you a baby, do I need to put you back in diapers “? Never a real threat, but it made me stop and think ? In retrospect, I should have said, YES! ? Oh well, missed opportunity ?

• 10 months later...

I was warned back when I would squat on the floor and relieve myself on the tile in the bathroom. My mom caught me once and told me that if I kept doing that I would end up back in diapers. Being scared I never did it again because well diapers were for babies. This was before I started to like them. 

• 2 years later...
On 8/22/2019 at 10:55 AM, iampadded said:

I was diapered and in plastic pants at night until I was about 6.  Never was "warned" because I always wore them being an every night bedwetter.  From the age of 6 to about 11 I wore goodnites every night-again because I was an every night wetter.  At about the age of 11 I was starting to become to big for even the largest goodnite.  By then I was experiencing some dry nights.  My mom bought me adult pull-ups and properly sized plastic pants and put them in a dresser drawer.  I could choose to wear them or not, but if I did not and experienced a bedwetting, it was my responsibility to do my own clean up, wash etc.  So I didn't wear diapers for a period and woke in soaked in my share of wet beds.  While my bedwetting continued to diminish into my teens, I was till wetting the bed more nights than not. So I started wearing the diapers again full time around the age of 13,  Just seemed like a lot less drama.

Sorry for reviving a long-dead thread, but this reminds me of my own experience.  

It was on me to clean up one way or another.  If the cleanup involved changing a goodnite, that was easy.  But if the cleanup involved washing sheets, that wasn't so easy.  

Wound up wearing diapers most of the time after I outgrew the goodnites. 

• Like 1

I was never warmed and it was never a shock when I was diapered. I was in diapers full time until after I was 4 and in night time diapers until I was 10.

My mom would constantly warn me that if my bedwetting didn’t stop, I’d be put back in diapers at night. I’d always freak out when she’d say because it would frequently be said in front of other people lol.

Then one day my mom came back from Walmart with a punch of different brands of diapers and pull-ups to try out. I think some of them might of literally been baby diapers that were on sale. My moms always been pretty thrifty so she wanted to see what cheap stuff could actually fit and bring the rest back. 

She told me at first they were “special underwear” though I was way too old for that kind of lie. But I needed to pretend to myself that I wasn’t actually wearing diapers. Somehow my my mom got my siblings to not bring it up or refer to them as diapers. For about a month lol. 

Honestly at the very start I was both ashamed and grateful because I was tired of constantly going to school still slightly smelling like pee lol. 

For the many years after that I continued to wet the bed, wearing “protection” was off and on. It was a constant threat that “we’ll have to go back to the diapers if you keep wetting the bed every night,” and it was frequently followed through on. My mom would deal with the sheets two or three nights a week but anymore and she’d start stalking up on pampers again lol.

I would poop my pants up until 7 or so.   My parents threatened to put me back in Pampers, but never delivered on the threat.   I so much wanted to be back in diapers.   This was in the 70's so Pampers came in that classic box packaging.  The closest I ever got was when our neighbors offered some Pampers, they had a toddler still in diapers.  

Joey