LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Were you ever pre-warned about having to wear diapers by parents or not?

• ozyadel changed the title to Were you ever pre-warned about having to wear diapers by parents or not?

I'm not sure I understand the question.  My parents were fairly liberal with diapers when I wet the bed.  I think it had more to do with less laundry for my mom more than anything.  I grew up thinking that wearing diapers due to bedwetting was no big deal really.....

I DO recall having a childhood friend who wet his pants somewhat regularly.  Looking back on it now I realize his home life was likely very far from pleasant and he was suffering abuse and neglect.  Its surprising to me how shitty parents can be to their own children. I remember an incident where he actually pooped his pants and he was deathly afraid of going home. What a terrible childhood that was probably.... 

I remember becoming aware of the fact I was waking up in the morning wearing diapers when I was 4 years old or so and asking my mum why and she explained it was because I wet the bed and that seemed to make sense to me.

Probably a bit difficult to pre-warn me since I was probably peeing the bed since birth at which point was in diapers 24/7, I just became more aware of the world around me around age 4.

I think the question is for those who were out of diapers and still had (or developed) issues with either bed wetting, daily accidents or both.  Eventually parents might decide it's better to have a kid go back to diapers for a while rather than dealing with wet beds, pants or whatever.  I also think it's probably more common for those who wet the bed as opposed to the few who may have day accidents regularly.  It's not uncommon for kids of both ages who go through puberty to have some bed wetting issues.  I have a relative with a friend who's 12 year old daughter started having daily and nightly wetting accidents.  They put her on medication that really didn't help.  As the medication was over $300 a month and not covered by insurance, her dad said, "It would be cheaper to put her back in diapers!"

In my case I was never out of night diapers until just before I turned 6 years old.  I wet the bed but then stopped on my own before my 6th birthday and never bed wet after that.  I never had my parents say, "You need to go back to wearing diapers to bed because of your wetting" because I always wore diapers to bed.  This was long before Goodnites or any other items designed for older kids who wet the bed.  I can see how it might be very upsetting for a 13 or 14 year old boy to be told by his parents that he has to start wearing diapers again so his bed won't get ruined and have to do laundry every day.  The shame, the thoughts that his friends will find out somehow, humiliation and embarrassment.  I can also see those same 13 and 14 year old's coming to like the feeling of wearing diapers and wetting them and all.  Especially if it's such a feeling that they masturbate or orgasm in their wet diapers.  I think if it comes to having a kid that suddenly starts bed wetting or having regular accidents, have them checked by a doctor first.  Also realize that some kids and teens do start to bed wet or have always bed wet.  Eventually most will out grow it.  I once read that at age 17 3 to 4 out of 100 will still wet their bed regularly.

The thing is to be kind about it, suggest something to help like Goodnites or pull up disposable underwear if it's  day issue and stress that no one will ever know.  Explain for day problems that discreet disposable underwear will be better than everyone seeing wet pants and all.  Unfortunately, in the past some parents weren't as kind as they should be.  They didn't understand bed wetting like we do today and just felt their kids were lazy.  Diapers were sometimes a punishment to try and embarrass and humiliate a kid to shame them out of bed wetting.  "You wet the bed again!  I'm putting you back in diapers and you will stand in the yard in just your diapers for all your friends to see!   That will teach you not to wet the bed!"  Obviously not only will that never work, it will scar the kid for life and is child abuse.  I'm sure it still happens but I'm also happy to see we have evolved over the years to realize children do have accidents weather from stress, medical issues or just late development or puberty.  Having products available that are discreet and made for these older kids is a big help, but also being able to sit down and explain in a loving way that these products will help all the way around, are just temporary until the accidents or bed wetting stops and will give a better quality of sleep and less problems can make a kid feel more at ease about it.

• Like 1

I was warned on a couple occasions that if I didn’t stop having accidents I’d be out back in diapers. It was neither kind nor mean,  yet it was definitely issues as a threat.

I wet the bed till I was around 9 or 10 years old. My bedwetting was pretty infrequent, only once or twice a week, and I know that once I was 5 my parents weren’t putting me in diapers at night anymore. I don’t recall ever feeling ashamed about bedwetting until I was about 7 or 8 years old because of offhand comments I’d hear kids at school say. My parents, much to my dismay, never offered or threatened to put me back in diapers because of my accidents. It was around the time I was 5 or so that I knew I wanted to wear diapers and was trying to figure out how to get them.

On 6/12/2019 at 10:53 AM, ozyadel said:

Were people ever pre-warned about having to wear diapers for bed wetting by their parents or did it come as a total surprise or even a shock?

Initially when I started ot have accidents I was warned.  After a while it was reality and it happened.  After a while I got used to it.

Were people ever pre-warned about having to wear diapers for bed wetting by their parents or did it come as a total surprise or even a shock?

Well not for bedwetting but in my first bus trip alone to see my dad in Montana I told mom that the bus has a bathroom but aloud to use while bus is in motion so see suggested i wear adult diapers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 6/15/2019 at 2:59 AM, Author_Alex said:

I was warned on a couple occasions that if I didn’t stop having accidents I’d be out back in diapers. It was neither kind nor mean,  yet it was definitely issues as a threat.

I think that is a common, reasonable parental response. BTW congrats on the new book Done Adulting, hope it does well for you.

• 1 month later...

My mom didn't want to have two kids in diapers at once so when my brother was born I was almost 4 and dry most days so she 100% stopped diapering me........ day AND night. The problem was I still wet every night. She thought that if I didn't have the diapers I wouldn't be lazy and stop wetting the bed. But I just couldn't stop wetting at night. She was caring about it but just didn't understand. She would limit liquids and get me up in the middle of the night and sometimes I already wet but I was always wet in the morning. I totally hated always sleeping in a wet bed. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. Anyway when my bother got old enough to get out of diapers I was like 7 and then one night after dinner and before bed mom came in my bedroom and diapered me. I was totally embarrassed and fell asleep thinking "how long will I have to wear diapers?" I think she thought the I would be embarrassed into stop wetting the bed. I woke up the next morning thinking, thats odd, my bed is dry and blankets are not wet. Then I felt the wet diaper and was embarrassed all over again but also relieved that my bed was dry. I wondered if she was going to make me wear diapers during the day too as some sort of punishment but she didn't. The next afternoon when I was over at the neighbors house and the neighbor lady said something about how mom told her I was back in diapers again. She said it right in front of her two girls, both younger than me, but they didn't really pay attention. I think it was because the one still wet the bed at 6. Slowly I got use to being diapered at night. After a bit there was a point my mom I think got tired of diapering me at night and didn't come up to diaper me a couple night. I hated being in a wet bed so I started getting my diapers and taking them to mom to get diapered rather than wait for her to come up.Then my sister who was like 12 years older than me started diapering me as mom was working 2nd shift more and more. (accounting in a manufacturing plant). Till this day she still reminds me jokingly "I use to change your diapers"

I wet the bed at home once when I was 9 or just turned 10 but nothing was said and it was a one-off. I was fast asleep when it happened

When I slept over at the Rocque's with Linda, I was in diapers because to go to the bathroom, you had to get up, put the ladder trhough the trapdoor, decend, go outside and around since the cellar was not accessible directly, go in put the light on and use the toilet. This was a long process, so, since The older girls and their mother could hold it all night and Linda was a bedwetter, the only person that this would be significant to was me and I was sleeping over maybe 3 times a month so a pot would not make sense. The upshot was that I was in diapers like Linda and told that when I had to go to get out of bed and stand up to wet so that I would not become in the habit of bedwetting. They moved elsewhere when I was about 9-2/3 and sleepovers stopped then

Apparently I was toilet trained at 20 months and out of night nappies before 2.5 years and unfortunately, I was never threatened with being re-diapered as I never wet the bed.  (I can recall only ONE incident and I had to be less than 4 years old).  I guess I was the "good boy".

My younger sister (for whom I had been toilet trained early to spare my mother the task of having two children in nappies simultaneously) WAS thusly threatened.

I'm not sure she ever really stopped wetting the bed or my mother (dealing with infant #3  being on the way), simply took her out of night nappies whereupon she'd wet the bed nightly.

This went on with various punishments (yes, stupid I know, but it was the 1970s) and the threat of nappies.  Eventually, my parents DID put her back into nappies one night.  I watched her huge tantrum, thrashing around on the floor wearing pinned flannel nappies under opaque plastic pants and I wish it was me.  I would have been 4 or 5.

Strangely enough, once in nappies, she'd wake in the middle of the night and yell out that she needed to be taken to the toilet. I never understood how she could unconsciously wet the bed but invariably wake before wetting her nappy.  Almost always, a parent would yell back from their bedroom "Just do it in your nappy!".  Either that or they wouldn't respond at all and after a few requests, she would fall silent (and presumably soggy).

Even then, I wondered how effective that was going to be to solve the problem.  She stayed in night nappies for ages.  I can't remember exactly when they were abandoned.  All my younger siblings did.  I was the only one who did not and look where I am now.  I wet the bed.

8 hours ago, Little Christine said:

The upshot was that I was in diapers like Linda and told that when I had to go to get out of bed and stand up to wet so that I would not become in the habit of bedwetting. They moved elsewhere when I was about 9-2/3 and sleepovers stopped then

LOL, and DID you actually bother to get out of bed?

On 8/9/2019 at 8:59 PM, oznl said:

Apparently I was toilet trained at 20 months and out of night nappies before 2.5 years and unfortunately, I was never threatened with being re-diapered as I never wet the bed.  (I can recall only ONE incident and I had to be less than 4 years old).  I guess I was the "good boy".

My younger sister (for whom I had been toilet trained early to spare my mother the task of having two children in nappies simultaneously) WAS thusly threatened.

I'm not sure she ever really stopped wetting the bed or my mother (dealing with infant #3  being on the way), simply took her out of night nappies whereupon she'd wet the bed nightly.

This went on with various punishments (yes, stupid I know, but it was the 1970s) and the threat of nappies.  Eventually, my parents DID put her back into nappies one night.  I watched her huge tantrum, thrashing around on the floor wearing pinned flannel nappies under opaque plastic pants and I wish it was me.  I would have been 4 or 5.

Strangely enough, once in nappies, she'd wake in the middle of the night and yell out that she needed to be taken to the toilet. I never understood how she could unconsciously wet the bed but invariably wake before wetting her nappy.  Almost always, a parent would yell back from their bedroom "Just do it in your nappy!".  Either that or they wouldn't respond at all and after a few requests, she would fall silent (and presumably soggy).

Even then, I wondered how effective that was going to be to solve the problem.  She stayed in night nappies for ages.  I can't remember exactly when they were abandoned.  All my younger siblings did.  I was the only one who did not and look where I am now.  I wet the bed.

LOL, and DID you actually bother to get out of bed?

Most of the time. I did NOT want to become a bedwetter (From what I learned from my doctor some 4 years ago, those concerns were legitimate). The one time I did  not when I was 8, thereafter the "rubber diaper" was put under my cloth diaper whenver I slep over, This was something used to punish, chastize or "chastity train" little girls as an alternative to spanking, which was considered too coarse for girls. Very occasionally, it was used on boys who complained that girls had it too easy because they were not spanked. It was usually a snap-on rubber panty with a good section of the crotch removed. I have described it elsewhere, put under the cloth diaper and powdered so that it does not stick to the body. So, since I was being a girl, that is what was done. The thing is, aside from the unpleasantly distracting strong feelings it gives on the whole chastity area, since the hoe for the wet to get out is in the crotch, you HAVE to stand up or the wet will go all over your chastity area and try sleeping with THAT going on. What it also did, by having a layer of waterproof material between the wet diaper and the body was enable the diaper to be worn for a longer time before it needed to be taken off, so that, being diapered for bed at  about 7:30 with Linda, when we got up at 7:30 the next morning, I was mostly dry, though the diaper was pretty wet so I did nt need attention right away. The diaper that was used is in my albums if you wish to understand. The special kind of diapers and the rubber diaper are part of my girlness and the current ones can often go 14 hours without needing a change

Now the thing about that was, when I was 5, I acted up in some way and my aunt threatened to "put a rubber diaper on you". I consered challenging the veracity, but what if I was wrong. I knew about rubber panties and rubber sheets and how they felt, and how strong that feeling was, and I was sure I would not like it and what if I was wrong. Well, at age 7,k I found out I was and it was horrible. What surprised me was that Joanne over in England understood about the rubber diaper. I had thought it was a regional-cultural (French) thing

As far as thrashing around, they had a cure for that. "If you want to wriggle around like that, I will give you something to wriggle about". and you would get tickled for about 10 or 15 minutes until you could just about move and were in tears. It would also be done if Mommy or whoever was changing you thought that you might put up even a little fight, before you started giving any trouble

As a young child I was pre-warned I would be put back into diapers if I was caught trying to wear a diaper again. 

This happened when I was 8 and I did get caught again right when school let out for the summer. 

I was given a spanking than put in a diaper and told not to take it off, to make sure I did not take off the diaper I was not allowed any pants to wear. 

Got teased by my siblings, when I needed to go pee I was told to just use the diaper, the teasing got worst, parents warned siblings to stop teasing or they would be put in diapers also. 

What started out as punishment quickly turned into enjoyment for me as I got to wear diapers just like I wanted. 

Once parents realized I was enjoying wearing diapers they took them away and said get caught and you ass will be so sore you won’t be able to sit for a week. 

Never stopped me from wearing diapers as often as I could, I just had to be more sneaky about it. 

On 8/10/2019 at 10:59 AM, oznl said:

Strangely enough, once in nappies, she'd wake in the middle of the night and yell out that she needed to be taken to the toilet. I never understood how she could unconsciously wet the bed but invariably wake before wetting her nappy.

Sorry for straying off topic, but that really grabbed my attention because I was exactly the same. I was put back into nappies at night a couple of times and stayed dry during that time. Once taken out of nappies, I started wetting the bed again.

And back on topic, yes my mum used to tell me that if I didn't stop wetting the bed she would put me back in nappies.

I was told by my mother that if my bedwetting had continued or worsened that I would be put to bed with diapers on. At the time, I thought is was meant in a threatening way as she may have thought I was just wetting the bed on purpose or just acting out but after many, MANY conversations and hundreds of hours of thinking back on it I honestly believe she had me diapered at night but to keep the sheets dry and the room smelling fresh. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was diapered and in plastic pants at night until I was about 6.  Never was "warned" because I always wore them being an every night bedwetter.  From the age of 6 to about 11 I wore goodnites every night-again because I was an every night wetter.  At about the age of 11 I was starting to become to big for even the largest goodnite.  By then I was experiencing some dry nights.  My mom bought me adult pull-ups and properly sized plastic pants and put them in a dresser drawer.  I could choose to wear them or not, but if I did not and experienced a bedwetting, it was my responsibility to do my own clean up, wash etc.  So I didn't wear diapers for a period and woke in soaked in my share of wet beds.  While my bedwetting continued to diminish into my teens, I was till wetting the bed more nights than not. So I started wearing the diapers again full time around the age of 13,  Just seemed like a lot less drama.

• Like 1

Yes, but it wasn't for bed-wetting: it was for pooping my pants.

My mom had warned me that if I kept "pooping my pants like a baby" then she was going to put me back in diapers and rubber pants "just like a baby." 

But of course, "warnings" mean very little to a toddler or later a little boy who wasn't ready to give up his diapers.  So I found myself back in diapers and rubber pants and my mom kept me in diapers and rubber pants until I was 5 years old. ?

Also not for bedwetting but pooping. Mum followed through on her threats a number of times, pinning me into cloth nappies each time. 

When I was in Year 2, about 7 or 8yo, I’d had a few accidents at school, which prompted a trip to a paediatrician at Camperdown Children’s Hospital. The doc suggested to mum to put me back into nappies, but that only ended up as threats, not anything more permanent. She kept them up as punishment, and I’d sometimes even be changed in front of my cousins!

I was 17 or 18 when I bought my first pack of Huggies. Mum eventually found them, and surprisingly didn’t throw them out. 

• Like 2

I wish I was. Early potty trained and late bedwetter. I wet the bed well into my twenties. Yet my mom never thought to diaper me past age 2, or even put a mattress protector on. Thus, growing up I always had a pee stained mattress, and would have to flip it often just so it felt dry. Looking back it feels like I was neglected. I think a lot of my diaper interest is due to having a weak bladder, and the rest due to a distant aloof single mother who gave way more attention to my younger brother.

I wet the bed as a child. Tried medications and limiting drinks to getting up every 2 hours to go to the bathroom. Just nothing seemed to work. The doctors stated that I was just under developed and that I would grow out of the bedwetting within time. The bedwetting continued and was told by mom that I would have to start wearing diapers to cut down on the wash and to keep my bedroom from smelling like pee. I didn't want to still be wearing diapers at the age of 7 but I leaned to enjoy waking up to a dry bed and only a wet diaper. I continued to be diapered by mom until I was 11 or 12 when she showed me how to put a diaper on myself. I continued to wear diapers all the way up until I was 17 for the bedwetting. Nothing like telling your first girlfriend that turned into a sexual relationship that you still wet the bed and had to wear diapers because of it. she took it very well witch shocked the heck out of me. bedwetting stopped around 19. I broke up with that girl and met someone else. Got married when I was 24 and suddenly the bedwetting started to happen again and then developed having daytime accidents also. Now I wear diapers day and night.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't remember wetting the bed but I'm assuming I did for a while.  I do remember my parents having a conversation with me, telling me that they were going to diaper me for bed that night.  So a days warning I guess! I remember delaying how long I was in the tub because I knew what was coming.  Eventually I had to get out. As promised, cloth diapers and plastic pants were on my bed and I got on the changing pad to get diapered up. That was the routine until I was 10.

There were a few times I was told I'd be wearing diapers...trips, etc. 

Growing up it was no secret that my Mom, her mother and her younger sister all were urinary incontinent. Consequently they all wore diapers 24/7. Both my older sister and I had tiny, OA bladders, so for trips and places where ladies' rooms were hard to find we were nicely asked to wear 'just-in-case' diapers. When my older sister reached puberty, I was 7. That was when she reverted to bedwetting. She did not keep that a secret.

I asked Mom if I would revert to bedwetting. Her answer was, "Angela, all of us hope you will never wet your bed. However, should you start bedwetting, then it will be up to you how to handle that situation."

Sure enough a week or so after I reached puberty soon after I turned 12 I woke up in a wet bed. Of course my bed had a rubber sheet, so only the sheets needed washing. Up to then when I had needed a just-in-case diaper someone else pinned it on me. My youngest sister is 5 years younger so by then I had been diapering her for bed for 3 years. I asked Mom to teach me how to pin on my own diapers. I've been diapering myself since then. Now usually my loving husband pins on my bedtime diaper and I do the same for him.

Never once was I teased or threatened with diapers. In our family diapers were just underwear. My youngest sister was not teased because she never gained bedtime control.