LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Walking in diapers

Does anybody else get conscious of showing your diaper in your pants if it’s wet?  When mine is really wet I feel like I waddle and it’s more noticeable. 

I have not really gone out in public and had wet and felt like that, though I've felt like there is a noticeably different walk when really wet and it could raise some amount of suspicion, though most people are too busy thinking about their own situations or whatever they are doing.

I’m just new to wearing diapers and couldn’t tell if there was a noticeable difference when I’m wet. Either way I love the feeling, trying not to get too saggy!  Anybody else enjoy the bulge between your legs?

32 minutes ago, Ogsregit said:

It is taking some getting used to relaxing enough to go but man, the feeling of relief in my diaper it’s great. 

Yes, the first times are awesome!  I still feel great when I go in my diaper!

7 minutes ago, Ogsregit said:

Hard to mess though. Great feeling but the cleanup...

Yes, Messing is a pain to clean up but fun to do!  plus the smell sometimes just does not work well with me.  But I do like a good mess from time to time.

I have to be in the mood and full of course!    I’m really enjoying just sitting on the couch with a wet diaper. 

But, after just the feeling of release and then containment in your diaper is soooo good. 

46 minutes ago, Ogsregit said:

I have to be in the mood and full of course!    I’m really enjoying just sitting on the couch with a wet diaper. 

But, after just the feeling of release and then containment in your diaper is soooo good. 

I love sleeping in my diapers!  I feel more at ease and I sleep much better.

• Like 1

well if all those woos are true then I must be brave or my 4 emergency heart surgery s have made me braver n stronger at age 60 because I go out in public double diapered and in stores were my crinkle is hearable,  nobody ever says a peep to me or asked me.  But at that same moment at Walmart shopping I see adult diapers in a lot of women's cart.  So jimmy point is every grown up knows to mind your self, I'd not just try to start a coco with any body as ladies stuff super there business. So its probably why its fine to be yourself even in diapers.  I'm pretty sure close to a billion ladies pee there indeed as we age and its as common as sneezing, but not a subject at all in public.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Ogsregit said:

Does anybody else get conscious of showing your diaper in your pants if it’s wet?  When mine is really wet I feel like I waddle and it’s more noticeable. 

I was camping a couple of weeks back. The pitches were fairly close to each other and the site was busy. When I'm sleeping in a tent, I have to wear a nappy to save having to get out of my sleeping bag 2-3 times a night (I think the cooler temps make me need to pee more). Every morning I woke with a very full Super Boompa. I put my PJ bottoms on and a t-shirt and wandered up to the shower block having a smoke on the way. There was some definite waddle induced by the bulky wet nappy and anyone taking a good look would probably notice the nappy bulge, but I highly doubt anyone noticed either. They were going about their lives, too worried about their day to day stuff to be worrying about the state of my underwear. Can't say I gave being noticed so much as a second thought.

That said, the site was quite windy and one morning, my nappy was so bulky, my PJ bottoms were struggling to cover it. I bent over to zip the tent shut and my t-shirt blew up over my head. Anyone glancing over would probably have seen the dark blue nappy waistline of my boompa. It was very early in the morning though so doubt anyone was about to have glanced over at that specific moment. Not that I care if they had.

My diaper is wet most  of the time (joys of incontinence)  you get use to wearing and having a diaper bulge,  I have gone out of the apt in gym shorts and when the diaper is wet theres no mistaking it when I get the panic call from my mom about helping with Dad theres no time to change just head up and hope not to run into to many people. 

I don't wear out in public much, just a few times a year when I go out of town running errands for the day.  I usually wear jeans in spring, fall and winter but sometimes in summer I wear shorts.  Some background.  I get most of my diapers at thrift stores and Goodwill, about $3 to $4 for a package of 18 large diapers.  These are not your premium diapers but more like Prevail, Attends and store type brands.  As a rule, they last anywhere from 3 to 4 hours before needing a change with constant wetting.  Sometimes I will use a booster pad in the diaper, sometimes I have double diapered with the idea that when I heed to change in a restroom somewhere, all I have to do is pull down the outer diaper, remove the inner wet diaper and pull the remaining diaper back up and I'm good to go.  That way I don't have to worry in summer about how I will carry a fresh disposable adult diaper into a store to change in their restroom.  I usually wear a good pair of plastic pants over my diapers for extra protection and they have saved my jeans a few times from leaky diapers before I've had a chance to go and change.  Even double diapered with plastic pants on, these store type brands are less bulky and more discreet than premium diapers that swell and bulk up when wet.

These are some of my observations.

1.        The more you do it, the more comfortable you get and easier it is.  You realize every time that no one is paying any attention to you at all, even if you do waddle a bit and are bulky.

2.        At first when I have any diaper on under my pants I feel a little self conscious, however that passes after a short while and I tend to forget I have diapers on a little.  I know I have a diaper on of course, but I get used to the feeling as I walk, wet and go about my business.  My diaper will adjust to my body as I wear and wet it, conform between my legs so it doesn't seem so thick and bulky and just begins to feel so natural that I don't worry.

3.        Wet or dry doesn't seem to make any difference, other than perhaps more sag in the back seat of my diaper as I walk around (and swelling up a lot if it's a premium diaper).  A onesie or even pair of regular briefs will help hold my diaper in place better as it gets wetter and sags.  Plastic pants as well, although plastic pants tend to be larger to cover thicker cloth diapers and not hold a sagging diaper as tight.  Plastic pants are more for insurance against leaks as opposed to regular HAINES briefs that help hold things in place better.

4.        I think at first I have a bit of a tendency to walk a little different, not really waddle but maybe swing my hips just a little more as I walk due to the bulk of my diapers between my legs, but that smooths out shortly as my diaper adjusts and conforms to my body, especially when it tends to crease a little in the center between my legs.  When that happens, I can walk more normally as the crease in the crotch of my diaper lets it fold a little lower between my legs allowing them to close more instead of waddle due to the bulk.  When wet, it works even better so to answer one of the questions, in some cases a wet diaper is better than dry for discreetness (in some ways).

5.        For years I wore the thrift store diapers as I have mentioned when out shopping.  Usually 4 hours was the longest I could wear before having to change diapers and often by that time I was leaking into my plastic pants.  Last winter I broke down and bought some Betterdry diapers.  I did my annual Christmas shopping with a Betterdry diaper with plastic pants and I went 8 hours without needing a change and no leaks.  Comparing the premium diaper and the thrift store diapers.  First, I didn't have to change in a rest room like I always do, so that saved me some time.  Second, I was way bulkier than normal, even those times in the past when I double diapered with the store type brands.  I did tend to waddle a bit just at first, but as I said, that stopped once my diaper conformed to my body after walking around a little.  In this case, with the premium Betterdry diaper I did notice one thing that touches on the original poster's concerns.  I didn't waddle more, but as I wet the premium diaper swelled up a lot, especially in the front.  With jeans and a winter coat it wasn't noticeable to anyone and the fact that my diaper had creased in the crotch meant that it could swell up in that area without causing me to waddle or walk funny.  That is the trade off.  Thinner diapers wet or dry and change once or twice, or a premium diaper that avoids you having to change when out and about but is a lot bulkier, especially the more wet it gets.

I have yet to wear a Betterdry diaper out in public in summer with shorts on, but I expect that day might come at one point if I have shorts discreet enough to hide any diaper bulk.  I know you can't hide it all, but with proper shorts and shirt (or onesie) you can minimize it among strangers.  If you wear diapers all the time, probably friends and family who you see and are around all the time will eventually know it, especially if you are medically incontinent.  If they should happen to notice you waddling a bit or some bulk, they will just realize it's because you wear diapers.  If you are out in public and strangers around you see you, they won't notice you waddle a little because they don't know you.  They may see you as they pass by but they are not really looking at you or for you.  To be blunt, you mean nothing to them!  Who gives a crap if some stranger might notice you walk a little funny as they pass you on the street or in a store while shopping.  Only another AB/DL or diaper fetish wearer will take notice and stare because to them, they know you have a diaper on.  So what?  Strangers don't know you, you don't know them and you will probably never see them again.  Who cares if they might think for a moment, "I wonder if that person I just walked past is wearing a diaper.  They walked a little funny and looked a little bulky".  Even if that should happen (which I doubt because people are all wrapped up in their own world and what they are doing to notice those around them), they won't say anything and will have forgotten you in a few seconds.  As long as you are dressed normal and conservative, no one will notice or question your bulk or waddle or if you might have a wet diaper on.

I think any concerns would be those who are casual friends or acquaintances who see you often enough but not on a daily bases.  Those close to you like family and close friends will probably already know that you wear diapers if you wear them 24/7 and so they won't have to question it if you waddle or look bulky and you won't have to worry yourself because they already know (if they do).  Strangers you won't ever see again passing on the street or when out running errands or shopping in a store?  They won't notice and if they do, they will forget about it in a matter of minutes.  Besides, what do you care if a stranger does notice that you are wearing diapers?   I say so what?  Big deal!  I think if you are going to have any concerns at all, it's if you run into that casual friend or acquaintance who knows you well enough but may not know that you wear diapers.  They may be the ones who might look you over and wonder why you look so bulky and are waddling.  Depending on how well they know you they might ask you about it (I doubt it) or come to the conclusion that you are wearing a diaper.  They may not say anything to you but it's possible they may ask mutual friends if they know if you have some medical issues.  In a discussion with other friends of yours, it may come out that it looked like you were wearing diapers for some reason.  Maybe, maybe not.  That would be the unknown I can think of.

Summing it up, I think your concerns are not much to worry about.  Not knowing if you wear 24/7/365 or just now and then for fun, I can only guess at some things.  If you wear 24/7/365, I've covered the possible situations you may run into with strangers, family and casual people you know.  If you just wear for fun and decide you want to wear diapers out in public when you have to run an errand, then I can suggest 2 things.  Realize that strangers won't care or notice if you walk a little funny or waddle and look bulky.  If you are concerned you will run into people you know that might discover you are wearing diapers and you don't want them to know, then forgo your fun and skip the diapers or wear a thin store brand diaper that won't be bulky or make you waddle.  Wet or dry, a thin diaper won't make you waddle and will be discreet when as a premium diaper will swell up and look bulky and may make you walk funny.  Personally, I don't wear thick diapers around my own town when I go out.  I always go out of town about 45 minutes or more away to a large city where I will be less likely to run into anyone I know.  That way if thickly diapered and bulky under my jeans, I won't run into acquaintances who would tend to look me over really well.

• Like 1
On 6/11/2019 at 10:41 PM, Ogsregit said:

I’m just new to wearing diapers and couldn’t tell if there was a noticeable difference when I’m wet. Either way I love the feeling, trying not to get too saggy!  Anybody else enjoy the bulge between your legs?

Yes I like the bulge it feels normal to me.

• Like 1
I don't wear out in public much, just a few times a year when I go out of town running errands for the day.  I usually wear jeans in spring, fall and winter but sometimes in summer I wear shorts.  Some background.  I get most of my diapers at thrift stores and Goodwill, about $3 to $4 for a package of 18 large diapers.  These are not your premium diapers but more like Prevail, Attends and store type brands.  As a rule, they last anywhere from 3 to 4 hours before needing a change with constant wetting.  Sometimes I will use a booster pad in the diaper, sometimes I have double diapered with the idea that when I heed to change in a restroom somewhere, all I have to do is pull down the outer diaper, remove the inner wet diaper and pull the remaining diaper back up and I'm good to go.  That way I don't have to worry in summer about how I will carry a fresh disposable adult diaper into a store to change in their restroom.  I usually wear a good pair of plastic pants over my diapers for extra protection and they have saved my jeans a few times from leaky diapers before I've had a chance to go and change.  Even double diapered with plastic pants on, these store type brands are less bulky and more discreet than premium diapers that swell and bulk up when wet.
These are some of my observations.
1.        The more you do it, the more comfortable you get and easier it is.  You realize every time that no one is paying any attention to you at all, even if you do waddle a bit and are bulky.
2.        At first when I have any diaper on under my pants I feel a little self conscious, however that passes after a short while and I tend to forget I have diapers on a little.  I know I have a diaper on of course, but I get used to the feeling as I walk, wet and go about my business.  My diaper will adjust to my body as I wear and wet it, conform between my legs so it doesn't seem so thick and bulky and just begins to feel so natural that I don't worry.
3.        Wet or dry doesn't seem to make any difference, other than perhaps more sag in the back seat of my diaper as I walk around (and swelling up a lot if it's a premium diaper).  A onesie or even pair of regular briefs will help hold my diaper in place better as it gets wetter and sags.  Plastic pants as well, although plastic pants tend to be larger to cover thicker cloth diapers and not hold a sagging diaper as tight.  Plastic pants are more for insurance against leaks as opposed to regular HAINES briefs that help hold things in place better.
4.        I think at first I have a bit of a tendency to walk a little different, not really waddle but maybe swing my hips just a little more as I walk due to the bulk of my diapers between my legs, but that smooths out shortly as my diaper adjusts and conforms to my body, especially when it tends to crease a little in the center between my legs.  When that happens, I can walk more normally as the crease in the crotch of my diaper lets it fold a little lower between my legs allowing them to close more instead of waddle due to the bulk.  When wet, it works even better so to answer one of the questions, in some cases a wet diaper is better than dry for discreetness (in some ways).
5.        For years I wore the thrift store diapers as I have mentioned when out shopping.  Usually 4 hours was the longest I could wear before having to change diapers and often by that time I was leaking into my plastic pants.  Last winter I broke down and bought some Betterdry diapers.  I did my annual Christmas shopping with a Betterdry diaper with plastic pants and I went 8 hours without needing a change and no leaks.  Comparing the premium diaper and the thrift store diapers.  First, I didn't have to change in a rest room like I always do, so that saved me some time.  Second, I was way bulkier than normal, even those times in the past when I double diapered with the store type brands.  I did tend to waddle a bit just at first, but as I said, that stopped once my diaper conformed to my body after walking around a little.  In this case, with the premium Betterdry diaper I did notice one thing that touches on the original poster's concerns.  I didn't waddle more, but as I wet the premium diaper swelled up a lot, especially in the front.  With jeans and a winter coat it wasn't noticeable to anyone and the fact that my diaper had creased in the crotch meant that it could swell up in that area without causing me to waddle or walk funny.  That is the trade off.  Thinner diapers wet or dry and change once or twice, or a premium diaper that avoids you having to change when out and about but is a lot bulkier, especially the more wet it gets.
I have yet to wear a Betterdry diaper out in public in summer with shorts on, but I expect that day might come at one point if I have shorts discreet enough to hide any diaper bulk.  I know you can't hide it all, but with proper shorts and shirt (or onesie) you can minimize it among strangers.  If you wear diapers all the time, probably friends and family who you see and are around all the time will eventually know it, especially if you are medically incontinent.  If they should happen to notice you waddling a bit or some bulk, they will just realize it's because you wear diapers.  If you are out in public and strangers around you see you, they won't notice you waddle a little because they don't know you.  They may see you as they pass by but they are not really looking at you or for you.  To be blunt, you mean nothing to them!  Who gives a crap if some stranger might notice you walk a little funny as they pass you on the street or in a store while shopping.  Only another AB/DL or diaper fetish wearer will take notice and stare because to them, they know you have a diaper on.  So what?  Strangers don't know you, you don't know them and you will probably never see them again.  Who cares if they might think for a moment, "I wonder if that person I just walked past is wearing a diaper.  They walked a little funny and looked a little bulky".  Even if that should happen (which I doubt because people are all wrapped up in their own world and what they are doing to notice those around them), they won't say anything and will have forgotten you in a few seconds.  As long as you are dressed normal and conservative, no one will notice or question your bulk or waddle or if you might have a wet diaper on.
I think any concerns would be those who are casual friends or acquaintances who see you often enough but not on a daily bases.  Those close to you like family and close friends will probably already know that you wear diapers if you wear them 24/7 and so they won't have to question it if you waddle or look bulky and you won't have to worry yourself because they already know (if they do).  Strangers you won't ever see again passing on the street or when out running errands or shopping in a store?  They won't notice and if they do, they will forget about it in a matter of minutes.  Besides, what do you care if a stranger does notice that you are wearing diapers?   I say so what?  Big deal!  I think if you are going to have any concerns at all, it's if you run into that casual friend or acquaintance who knows you well enough but may not know that you wear diapers.  They may be the ones who might look you over and wonder why you look so bulky and are waddling.  Depending on how well they know you they might ask you about it (I doubt it) or come to the conclusion that you are wearing a diaper.  They may not say anything to you but it's possible they may ask mutual friends if they know if you have some medical issues.  In a discussion with other friends of yours, it may come out that it looked like you were wearing diapers for some reason.  Maybe, maybe not.  That would be the unknown I can think of.
Summing it up, I think your concerns are not much to worry about.  Not knowing if you wear 24/7/365 or just now and then for fun, I can only guess at some things.  If you wear 24/7/365, I've covered the possible situations you may run into with strangers, family and casual people you know.  If you just wear for fun and decide you want to wear diapers out in public when you have to run an errand, then I can suggest 2 things.  Realize that strangers won't care or notice if you walk a little funny or waddle and look bulky.  If you are concerned you will run into people you know that might discover you are wearing diapers and you don't want them to know, then forgo your fun and skip the diapers or wear a thin store brand diaper that won't be bulky or make you waddle.  Wet or dry, a thin diaper won't make you waddle and will be discreet when as a premium diaper will swell up and look bulky and may make you walk funny.  Personally, I don't wear thick diapers around my own town when I go out.  I always go out of town about 45 minutes or more away to a large city where I will be less likely to run into anyone I know.  That way if thickly diapered and bulky under my jeans, I won't run into acquaintances who would tend to look me over really well.
I hide my diaper in public and when people are in my house but I know they can hear the crinkly noise when I walk

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Yes I like the bulge it feels normal to me.
I love the feeling of a thick crinkly diaper

I wear a high-capacity diaper 24/7 to manage my urinary incontinence. My usual brand is either ConfiDry 24/7 or BetterDry. Unless I’m dressed up for some special occasion, I generally wear sweatpants or jeans over the diaper. I suspect that anyone who looked at the seat of my pants would be able to tell that I am diapered. However, no one has ever said anything to me about it; and I don’t think that the overwhelming majority of people pay attention or speculate about what I might be wearing under my pants. In any case, I’m wearing because of a medical need and really don’t care what people notice or think. 

• Like 2
On 6/11/2019 at 5:16 PM, Ogsregit said:

Not me. Wet or dry doesn't make a difference. Leaking would be a different story. It takes time but you do get used to it.

Not me. Wet or dry doesn't make a difference. Leaking would be a different story. It takes time but you do get used to it.
I don't care if they see my diaper because I need one mainly at bedtime and when I go to the store because I have a tendency to wet myself while shopping

• 1 month later...

Most of the time im in pretty tight jeans and have a belt so i have little to no problems, dont wear too thick in public as then there is a waddle, one nappy is plenty. Did have a close-ish call in a dress recently, was soaked after a long drive and it was only being held up by mt legs lol, nothing else to keep it up, was a dash to get it changed hehe

• Like 1

I love to take the dog for a walk in a wet and even sometimes,  messy diaper.  There is a little bit of a waddle,  but if you hide it well,  with baggy clothes,  long shirts,  no one will know. 

• Like 2

I have got to the stage I no longer care what others think If they notice my nappy so what. Being incontinent I am seldom dry for long and my nappy does sag somewhat and might well be noticeable but if it bothers someone then it is for them to deal with.

• Like 1