LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Have You Become Nose Blind?

Probably most of us have seen those TV commercials for Fabreeze, when they show a teenager in his room with the narrator saying, "He smells this but everyone else smells this" and then the room changes with huge sweaty athletic socks on the bed, floor and walls (thank god they didn''t use jock straps for their example).  

Question for those who mess their pants and diapers regularly either in their home or out and about, have you become nose blind to the smell of poop in your house or pants?  I used to work at a burger joint when in high school and I never noticed the smell of frying burgers but everyone else did when I got home.  Likewise working at a printing company I never noticed the smell of the ink but everyone else did on my clothing.  Even my bedroom smells differently from some of the other rooms, and I don't mean it smells like Pee or Poop since I don't sleep in diapers and rarely wear them in my bedroom other than to put one on or take one off.

The question is, do you think others may notice a lingering smell of poo in your home when they visit and you are not aware of it because you do it so often you have become nose blind?  How about when you are out and have messed in your diaper?  You may notice some odor, but do you think others might smell it a lot more or much stronger than you because you have just become used to it over time?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Probably most of us have seen those TV commercials for Fabreeze, when they show a teenager in his room with the narrator saying, "He smells this but everyone else smells this" and then the room changes with huge sweaty athletic socks on the bed, floor and walls (thank god they didn''t use jock straps for their example).  

Question for those who mess their pants and diapers regularly either in their home or out and about, have you become nose blind to the smell of poop in your house or pants?  I used to work at a burger joint when in high school and I never noticed the smell of frying burgers but everyone else did when I got home.  Likewise working at a printing company I never noticed the smell of the ink but everyone else did on my clothing.  Even my bedroom smells differently from some of the other rooms, and I don't mean it smells like Pee or Poop since I don't sleep in diapers and rarely wear them in my bedroom other than to put one on or take one off.

The question is, do you think others may notice a lingering smell of poo in your home when they visit and you are not aware of it because you do it so often you have become nose blind?  How about when you are out and have messed in your diaper?  You may notice some odor, but do you think others might smell it a lot more or much stronger than you because you have just become used to it over time?

This is one great comment and point well taken.  Thanks very much for I bet in most cases you are right on. Thanks again.  We need to learn from otheres

I try to be aware that my room dont smell. After a messy diaper change I do spray glade or fabreze to keep the smell under control. I found glade works better than fabreze. To answer your question. No Im not nose blind to messy diaper smell.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I try to be aware that my room dont smell. After a messy diaper change I do spray glade or fabreze to keep the smell under control. I found glade works better than fabreze. To answer your question. No Im not nose blind to messy diaper smell.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I use the power of febreeze, a fan, and my washer and drier to get rid of the poopy smell.   I am most definitely not nose blind to it.   Also, I am always afraid my mom will show up at my apartment even though she lives an hour and a half away.

I take care of eliminating the odor as best I can by changing a messy diaper in less than an hour. And then immediately upon changing, rinse out the diaper, and clean up. I don't let used diapers collect, but do laundry fairly soon, partly because I have a limited number of changes. This is, of course, assuming that I have a whole day, or a week end home alone. I cringe at the thought of exposing my wife to the smell of a messy diaper.

16 minutes ago, le Hollandais said:

I take care of eliminating the odor as best I can by changing a messy diaper in less than an hour. And then immediately upon changing, rinse out the diaper, and clean up. I don't let used diapers collect, but do laundry fairly soon, partly because I have a limited number of changes. This is, of course, assuming that I have a whole day, or a week end home alone. I cringe at the thought of exposing my wife to the smell of a messy diaper.

That is a good idea to not expose your wife to your messy diaper.   As they say I happy wife is a happy life ?

• 2 weeks later...

The north shore deodorizing spray works well in case anybody was wondering. I also am conscious about it. As long as bed sheets, towels, blankets are washed, carpets vacuumed and occasionally cleaned there should be no reason to worry. Wax warmers are life savers. And don’t forget to change your air filters in your homes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

I've been reading lately about those who mess their diaper while sleeping either because they are incontinent and can't help it or they wake up in the night or early morning having to poop and they just go in their diaper and fall back to sleep.  Then there are the people who wake up in the morning and before their morning shower they poop in their night diaper, have breakfast and go about their morning before showering and changing.  Then there are some who are in their diapers at home either relaxing, watching TV, doing housework or sitting at their computer and they just fill their diaper and go about their business until they are ready to change diapers.

My question to those people who do this regularly.  How do you keep your bedroom or the house from smelling like poop all the time?  I can be in my basement and poop my diaper, head up to the bathroom to clean up and I can usually smell the mess all the way up the stairs and through the house and that's wearing good quality PUL or plastic pants with tight elastics over my diaper.  I know that people say wearing plastic pants (or even better, rubber pants) over your diaper helps with the smell, but that goes only so far, especially if you poop your diapers every day or even several times a day.  If you mess your diaper in bed and go back to sleep, I can't see how the bedroom won't smell like you have pooped your pants, especially if you roll around in your sleep.  Same as when you get up, load your diaper and then go about your morning making coffee in the kitchen, getting your breakfast, reading the paper and all, especially when you sit down to eat your breakfast.  If your sitting in a chair or the couch watching TV and you decide to load up your diaper, doesn't the room start to smell?  I've read posts where a guy and his wife are watching TV, the guy messes his diaper and a few minutes later his wife says something like, "You pooped your diaper!" or "Your messy!  You need to get a diaper change."  How about if your doing housework and you mess your diaper.  You may be going from room to room making beds, vacuuming the house, doing dishes or other odd jobs that take you from room to room.

Anyway, how do you keep your house smelling fresh and clean and not like poop?  Not necessarily talking about spraying air freshener around or the person who might poop his diaper just occasionally, but more for those who do it on a daily bases. The occasional diaper messers can air out the house and spray air freshener when done, but it seems to me that those who do it daily or more than once a day would constantly have all the windows open in the winter or have the house smell like canned air freshener with an underlying odor of poop all the time.  What steps do you take?

• Like 1

Living in a warmer climate, I turn on a whole house fan and open some windows to flush the smell out when it becomes obnoxious. I’d say that rather than becoming nose-blind to diaper odors, I’ve become hyper sensitive to them. While by myself, the odors don’t bother me, but if other people are around I am very sensitive to the odors and do my best to mitigate them. 

I wonder if letting the source breathe for a couple minutes would help. If you have a plug in fan, maybe pulling out the waistband while standing next to moving air would help. I’m not scientist but I can imagine it could only smell worse as it musters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am.  At least when I'm at home.  After coming home from work, for that first minute or 2 as I walk in, I can usually smell it, but it "goes away" (that is, I acclimate to it) quickly.  That's even with using the not-so-cheap Odor No bags to dispose of the evidence.   That's the primary reason I don't want people to ever "just drop by" -- I need the advance time to remove all sources of the odor so there's time for any lingering smells to finally dissipate.  Preferably 24 hours or more. 

Of course, when it's all "fresh", I can definitely smell it.   But that's not what "nose blind" really refers to.

Rusty mentioned all of the various "smells" he had experience with.  The one odor that I simply cannot stand in any way is cigarette/cigar smoke!  While driving, I can smell the smoke from a driver 2 cars ahead (if possible, I change lanes).  Walking down the hall at work, I nearly gagged from a bunch of people ahead of me that had just came in from smoking.  And now that it's cold out, the stench just clings to their bodies.  They don't even need to get near me - it's like a 20 foot diameter force field of stink!

And of course, the cold also limits the use of open windows to "flush" the bad smells out.  Unless you like even higher utility bills.

On 11/15/2019 at 6:52 AM, rusty pins said:

If you mess your diaper in bed and go back to sleep, I can't see how the bedroom won't smell like you have pooped your pants, especially if you roll around in your sleep. 

The few times I've ever done that, yes, the whole bed just reeked of poop for a few days after that. 

On 11/15/2019 at 6:52 AM, rusty pins said:

My question to those people who do this regularly.  How do you keep your bedroom or the house from smelling like poop all the time? 

Just cleaning up thoroughly and not spending tooooooo much time sitting in it. The only times I've definitely had a linger were when I either leaked onto something or I sat for hours and hours in it. As soon as your diaper comes off, bag it and get it in a bin that is outside of your home immediately.

I generally try to keep myself under a blanket/wrapped in a blanket if I'm messing at home, both in case I leak, but also because I find that there's less ambient smell in my room if that blanket then goes straight into the hamper or laundry. 

Ventilation is key. Opening a window on a breezy day will remove almost any stink that isn't embedded in carpets or something.

I also find the highly scented body washes from deodorant companies (Axe, Old Spice, Lynx, etc.) do a mighty good job of masking any ambient smell on the body, though if you clean thoroughly there shouldn't be a noticeable smell once you're clothed anyway. 

I may be completely wrong and totally nose-blind, but I find unless you leak, there isn't good ventilation, or you keep your diaper indoors, that the smell generally disappears (or at most smells a little farty) after a couple hours. The reason children's nurseries/changing stations smell bad is a combo of keeping the diaper in an indoor bin and poor cleaning of changing surfaces. You leave a changing surface dirty for even an hour and you're never getting that smell out. If I'm worried about whether my place smells or not I often take a walk outside for a bit to refresh the nostrils.