LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena - what to expect

Expect that it is the best adult diaper on the market for balancing absorbency and discretion. Holds a lot, doesn't make noise, doesn't swell up all that much when fully, and fits very well. Enjoy.

I like to wear out in public, but I always used think cheap diapers.  ABena were the first good diapers I tried.  Kind of amazing when you're used to diapers that can hold 500mL what a real diaper can hold.  The first thing you'll notice is when you wet the first few times it just seems to disappear.  Then when they start to get wet the swollen feeling is so good.

Eventually I went out with them on, it's not noticeable with baggy pants.  

Thanks all! Got them today, put one on and wet it. You’re right, they feel good wet! And they don’t get bulky. But I am struggling a lot with the tapes. Didn’t get them right on the landing zone the first time and ended up having to staple them to not waste the entire diaper. Anyone had the same issue? For guys, should the diaper fold over in the front area? The diaper arouses me and I am constantly up so i have to fold it to be able to wet. Maybe that is my problem.

But other than that, suuuper soft and extra bulky. M4s are a bit too thick for me tho!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/13/2019 at 9:47 PM, NonCommitted11 said:

Thanks all! Got them today, put one on and wet it. You’re right, they feel good wet! And they don’t get bulky. But I am struggling a lot with the tapes. Didn’t get them right on the landing zone the first time and ended up having to staple them to not waste the entire diaper. Anyone had the same issue? For guys, should the diaper fold over in the front area? The diaper arouses me and I am constantly up so i have to fold it to be able to wet. Maybe that is my problem.

But other than that, suuuper soft and extra bulky. M4s are a bit too thick for me tho!

I personally love Abena Abriform! They're my favorite! So comfy and absorbent. I wear all night, and wake up soaked with no leaks. They're easy to get on but your right about the tapes.. no landing zone makes them hard to reposition. You can make your own with clear packing tape. I like to do the lower tapes first for a snug fit around the legs, then so the waist ones. I get a snug cozy fit that makes me sleep so well. 

I changed my mind... don’t mean to get eaten alive by the community, but I really did not like them. They wouldn’t stay in place and the tapes were really an issue. I went by to the Walgreen Certainty later and I liked wearing those again over the Abenas. I can think of two issues on my end. I may have needed a large diaper rather than medium, and the absorbency could have been lower for my needs (leisure wearing and wetting). Maybe an L3. But I have no idea how people wear abena out in public, it would have been to large for me to wear and would be conscious someone noticed my diaper!

any thoughts?

On 9/26/2019 at 10:40 PM, NonCommitted11 said:

I changed my mind... don’t mean to get eaten alive by the community, but I really did not like them. They wouldn’t stay in place and the tapes were really an issue. I went by to the Walgreen Certainty later and I liked wearing those again over the Abenas. I can think of two issues on my end. I may have needed a large diaper rather than medium, and the absorbency could have been lower for my needs (leisure wearing and wetting). Maybe an L3. But I have no idea how people wear abena out in public, it would have been to large for me to wear and would be conscious someone noticed my diaper!

any thoughts?

I thought the Abena M4 was okay until I tried the DryCare Dry24/7. It was quite a bit better than the M4. Front and rear waistbands are good. Even though they have the double tape system I never have to re-tape them. They also hold a lot of liquid. 
The Northshore MegaMax is also a high end diaper. I would say it fits better and has truly refasten-able tapes. The landing zone makes it easy. A little expensive but well worth it. 

I have been using Abri-form Premiums (cloth-backed) since I bought a case a couple of weeks ago.  If you can get past the cloth backing instead of plastic, the only complaint I have is that they have a hybrid hook/adhesive tape system for the closures.  They still have the 1" double tapes (blue for first tape, white for the secondary).  Between the adhesive and the quarter-inch blue elastic section, they have a small quarter-inch "HOOK" section that for some unknown reason they thought would be adequate to hold the closure to the fabric cover.  

Since I wear Assurance stretch briefs during the day and they have 3"-wide, single elastic hook tabs, I harvested some of the hook material from a couple of previously used Assurance diapers.  I use the same hook sections each time I put on an Abena, attaching each blue tape to one of them on the previously adhesive side, leaving the hook side for use to fasten the diaper.

This is ideal on the Abena cloth-type diapers as there is no longer the failing adhesive of the tape after it's been repositioned on the fabric once or twice.  Instead I can reposition the hook closures an unlimited number of times, even after waking up the next morning.  Once I remove the diaper, I recover the hook closures by utilizing the white backup tape to seal the rolled up diaper.  Then I peel the blue tape off of the closure material and save it for the next Abena that I will wear.